Do you use TapaTalk?

Do you use TapaTalk to get to Halforums?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No.

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I need to find out how many people are coming here using Tapatalk. I can get the stats from their page, but that shows the overall number and not regular users. So I know DA uses it. Anyone else?

C

Chibibar

I do (I just install it so not sure on how to use it yet hehe. I just got an iPad like 2 days ago)

ok. I try to login and it loaded then crash on me :(

Nope. No need to on the iPod Touch (although Tapatalk sure seems to think I need to use it).

I've been trying forumrunner, but IIRC the last time I tried tapatalk it was buggy and less useful.

The best part about using such software is the speed - the regular pages take a long time to download, but tapatalk and forumrunner use a more efficient data stream. As a result some forum features aren't available, though.

So, all of the above combined means that I really don't use them.

GasBandit

Staff member
I refuse to pay for apps, not even the measly 3 bucks for Tapatalk... but at any rate, I only post from work, anyhow, so there's no real reason to have it on my phone.

For grins though I might load up the "convo" free tapatalk alternative and see what it looks like.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is me attempting to post from the tapa talk alternative "convo." While I don't see myself using it any serious fashion I do like that it has voice recognition in this form.
Added at: 17:24
It sucks.
Yeah, I don't like that looking at subscribed threads or unread threads is locked behind a premium-pay barrier.

Don't use it. Thought about it, but supposedly it crashes quite a lot, and my iPhone screen is large enough for it not to be much of an issue.

It comes in handy on other forums like XDA and Overclock that get hundreds of posts an hour. I can zip right to just the threads I've posted in, and then mark everything else as read.

Something about xenforo doesn't let me use the "participated" tab. I have to use the all new posts list instead.

I use it, on my Droid X. I love it, even though I did browse the forums through the mobile browser during the xenforo transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.