Doctor Who: The Pandorica OPENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

DON'T BLINK! While wacthing Doctor Who.

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't find Billie Piper attractive. I loved the character of Rose, but I never found her attractive.

Now, Martha Jones... that's a different story. Mmmm...
Same, I never found Billie attractive. Now Donna? Red hair? Yes. Little meat on the bones? Yes. In a geeky tv show? Yes!

R

Rubicon

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't find Billie Piper attractive. I loved the character of Rose, but I never found her attractive.

Same, I never found Billie attractive. Now Donna? Red hair? Yes. Little meat on the bones? Yes. In a geeky tv show? Yes![/QUOTE]

MILF?[/QUOTE]

no i just have a thing for redheads, and bbw's.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Just watched Voyage of the Dammed.

WHY? WHY HAVE TO CRY FOR CHARACTERS THAT I HAVE KNOW FOR LESS THAN A HOUR? WHY? AND HOW THEY DO THAT? :(

at least was tears of joy for Mister Copper. :)

Same, I never found Billie attractive. Now Donna? Red hair? Yes. Little meat on the bones? Yes. In a geeky tv show? Yes![/QUOTE]

MILF?[/QUOTE]

no i just have a thing for redheads, and bbw's.[/QUOTE]

I was actually curious about this, one thing I notice about Dr.Who is the less "Hollywood Homely" people and I couldn't tell how pretty Donna and Rose are.

Also, We need a tag "Tell the Doctor I would Who Him" or "Tell the Doctor I would Master him".

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Just watched Voyage of the Dammed.

WHY? WHY HAVE TO CRY FOR CHARACTERS THAT I HAVE KNOW FOR LESS THAN A HOUR? WHY? AND HOW THEY DO THAT? :(

at least was tears of joy for Mister Copper. :)
Besides the writing, the music generally helps to get the proper mood across. The music is just brilliant in this series.[/QUOTE]

but I was down even by the other minor characters that died

The fat couple with the ridiculous cowboy out-fit, specially because he just had told her she loved her no matter what, and later she kills herself almost for nothing :(

and then Bannakaffalatta sacrifices himself, din't helped that he "is" a alien version of the LGBT group

Most of the time I love the music in the show. its just the moments when murray gold gets a bit carried away. 'right. very sad moment. BRING IN THE SAD MUSIC! I WANT TO HEAR SAD VIOLINS GODDAMNIT! CHEESE FACTOR 11!'

subtle mister gold, very subtle.:rolleyes: though admittedly, he has been better on this in the recent season. and when he's good,he's FANTASTIC.

listen to 'all the strange strange creatures' and tell me thats not made of awesome.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Most of the time I love the music in the show. its just the moments when murray gold gets a bit carried away. 'right. very sad moment. BRING IN THE SAD MUSIC! I WANT TO HEAR SAD VIOLINS GODDAMNIT! CHEESE FACTOR 11!'

subtle mister gold, very subtle.:rolleyes: though admittedly, he has been better on this in the recent season. and when he's good,he's FANTASTIC.

listen to 'all the strange strange creatures' and tell me thats not made of awesome.
I was rewatching "The last of time lords", now that you said I think that the "countdown" scene only worked because of the music.

Is odd, how a scene so cheesy and silly can be so epic? :confused:

and since we're talking awesome music in who...don't forget this

HERE!

COME!

THE DRUMS!

K

KarateKidMcFly

and since we're talking awesome music in who...don't forget this

HERE!

COME!

THE DRUMS!
I'm working on watching the whole show a second time before the next special, and I totally danced when that happened. The Master is so great, I have a man-crush on him :heart:

Green_Lantern

Staff member
DON'T BLINK! While wacthing The Doctor Daughter!

Watched Doctor Daugher

my thoughs

Is a rather anvilicious episode... I feel odd about it, I would describe it, I would name several bad traits, at same, It was rather fan to watch.

I am curious to see what happens with "Jenny" next

Watched Doctor Daugher

my thoughs

Is a rather anvilicious episode... I feel odd about it, I would describe it, I would name several bad traits, at same, It was rather fan to watch.

Fun facts:
Georgia Moffett (Jenny) is the real life daughter of Peter Davidson (the 5th Doctor).
I may be remembering this wrong, but I think Moffatt (the writer)
pleaded with crew for her to remain alive at the end of the episode so she could return for future episodes, and wants to do a spin-off
(which is unlikely to happen, really).[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, the way she left totally sets up for a spinoff if they decided to go in that direction, or for her to make a return in the Who series later even.

Jenny could be a really interesting character. A timelord without any of the discipline from Gallifrey. She would never have looked into the time vortex, so it would be interesting to find out how much of the timelord knowledge is learned and how much is innate. Also, would she even have regenerations?

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Watched Doctor Daugher

my thoughs

Fun facts:
Georgia Moffett (Jenny) is the real life daughter of Peter Davidson (the 5th Doctor).
pleaded with crew for her to remain alive at the end of the episode so she could return for future episodes, and wants to do a spin-off
(which is unlikely to happen, really).[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, the way she left totally sets up for a spinoff if they decided to go in that direction, or for her to make a return in the Who series later even.
[/QUOTE]

I think the term is "poorly disguised pilot"

Watched Doctor Daugher

my thoughs

Fun facts:
(which is unlikely to happen, really).[/quote]
[/quote]

I think the term is "poorly disguised pilot"[/quote]

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Doctor WHo: DON'T BLINK! Turn lef while the wasp is in the library

Saw the following episodes until, Turn Left, I am going to see "Stolen Earth" tomorrow

quick reviews:

The Unicorn and The Wasp:
I was disapointed with the lack of unicorns, but it was a good and fun episode (and really a must considering the following), I think Agatha is the third writter to appear in the New Series, funny seeing the british being patriotic, but the episode was better than the Shakeaspere code in my opinion, much more funny and a affectionate parody of the "whodunit" genre. :)

But, of course, Bury Your Gays couldn't be averted

Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead:
This was one of the episodes that I was spoiled, at same time, I regret and don't regret it, the obvious reason for regret it is that it took a lot of the emotion and scare from the episode, the reason for not regret is... the same reason to regret it. I mean, I watched knowing more or less what was going to happen and still was scared as Hell, Is bad enough that it is a swarming flesh-eating creature that lives in the darkness, but they had add the "zombies" and data ghosts? plus the faces in the statues saying the scarests things in the most monotone voice? So, one word: Scary, and two words: super-scary

Midnight:
A bottle episode, and hell of a good one, due to lack of spoilers I was more scared about this one than "Silence in the library" even though is almost 30min of staying inside a air-plane like place being afraid of a woman sitting on the floor doing nothing but repeating words

Turn Left:
A What If universe where the Doctor died and the world is a terrible place (and terrible being actually a euphemism), I love alternate realities and is a great examination of the Doctor influence in the world.

What do I need to know to watch Stolen Earth? Just a qucik briefing >.<

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Doctor WHo: DON'T BLINK! Turn left while the wasp is in the library

The library episode and midnight were both great.

The 2 next episodes, Stolen Earth & Journey's End are the grand finale. Torchwood will take part in it but really no knowledge is required beforehand. Just watch 'm and be amazed, you'll get what you've been hoping for, and what you didn't want to happen at all.

Do NOT read ahead about these next coming episodes. I even always turn off the episode before it shows the "next week! On an all new Doctor Who!" bit.

After that it'll just be a few specials until series 5.
I really would like to reinforce that I only have read spoilers when I thought that wouldn't watch Dr.Who anyway.

D

Dusty668

Just watched Love and Monsters.

I still don't like it. I came off of such a rush watching the ending of the impossible planet, and woompf. plotz.

The 'monster' kept making me think Fiona, Donkey, and Puss would step out of the TARDIS and they all start singing "It's not easy being Green" Also that last "favor" AIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!! the doctor became a bigger monster than that green guy ever could be.

Being a living thinking creature trapped unchanging forever in a block of pavement? That is my idea of a living hell.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Nonspoiler review, I don't like it. Nossir.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Vyxen, what is your opinion about Midnight?

Also, Wacthed Stolen Earth/Journey End, All I can say is CRAZY EPIC AWESOME (I mean, without spoilers of course).
It wasn't emotionally destructive as the seasons finales 2 and 3, but it was overall great seeing the "Children of Time" united. Doctor-2 staying with Donna was a bit... cheesy, but not bad (looked like the only single destiny for him), feel sorry for Donna of course, not as much as what happened to Rose in season 2.

Watching Sarah Jane Smith, seems okay right now, next going to watch the first episode of Torchwood

I personally loved Midnight. It was extremely tense and I loved the human nature not always being sunshine and lollipops, but there are still good people out there. It was great how they had most of the people who you would think would side with the Doctor turning against them and the person you thought would write him off completely, as a matter of fact, the first person who suggested killing him being the one who did the right thing.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Doctor Who: DON'T BLINK! Turn left while the wasp is in the library

I personally loved Midnight.
It was extremely tense and I loved the human nature not always being sunshine and lollipops, but there are still good people out there. It was great how they had most of the people who you would think would side with the Doctor turning against them and the person you thought would write him off completely, as a matter of fact, the first person who suggested killing him being the one who did the right thing.
Vyxen, what is your opinion about Midnight?
I thought that was a very well done episode, actually. The very limited and closed set of the shuttle and the removal of Donna for most of the episode made the entire story focus on The Doctor and I loved it.
The whole 'dubbing' (?) effect was done well, and kinda creepy too.

It was hard at one point not to scream: "THERE'S SOMETHING ON THE WING!!"
[/QUOTE]

at the end of midnight my only question was "HOW DID THEY MANAGED TO MAKE REPEATING WORDS SOMETHING SO SCARY??" It is likely the best "Bottle episode" that I ever saw

It is the only monster so far that the true nature is never actually revealed, it is just something misterious, evil and in a dead world.

Also, there is unanswered question? What exactly the creature did to the passengers? Does the paranoia is something human or something that the alien did? I bet that even the passengers themselves would be haunted themselves about it forever.

next going to watch the first episode of Torchwood
Torchwood starts off with kinda cheesy stories (getting ten times better s it goes on), but the characters are really good. Gwen Cooper is very much like Rose and cute. Jack, is just awesome. The rest.. well.. you'll see. ^.^[/QUOTE]

Okay... How long do I will have to wait for "naked hide and seek"? :D

D

Dusty668

Just got Season 3 on DVD, watched Runaway Bride, is it wrong that I thought the Arachnos Queen was Hot?

Great sense of humor. Such pretty eyes and smile...

I always go for the wrong girls I guess.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Doctor WHo: The end of Tennant (Finally watched)

What a ride, and what great way to close Tennant chapter. Still, I am worried about the new guy on board. Let's see how it ends.

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, so far, I like the new guy. He's very much like Peter Davidson following Tom Baker.

Heh, that's kind of a no brainer. Almost EVERYONE'S favourite episode is Blink. *grin*

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Heh, that's kind of a no brainer. Almost EVERYONE'S favourite episode is Blink. *grin*
I commited the mistake of reading the sinopsis before watching it (way before thinking in actually watching Dr.Who), so I ended enjoying Midnight and The Girl in the Fireplace more. =/

YES!

It's not a title you can abbreviate, dude, it's his NAME, you don't abbreviate names!!

Status
Not open for further replies.