Drifter's Occasional Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying for a sexy girls with guns thing. Allen reminded me how awesome short skirts and long jackets are, so I modified the idea accordingly.

Disliked how it was going, so stopped and switched up the composition. Here's how far I went with the first one.

Nothing worth seeing really, but I thought it might be of interest to record how things change.

Second try looks promising thus far; fingers crossed.

Still working on that other thing... so far so good, I'll probably toss up some progress shots soon. In the meantime, here's a fairly quick little drawing inspired by Amy's latest username. The concept amuses me, and if I can get a composition that pleases me I might redo it... assuming laziness doesn't get the better of me.

BananaSeifuku:

Looks like I won't be able to work on shortskirtlongjacket for a bit, so I'm dumping what I've got so far. It's just as well, since I'm now in insecure/indecisive mode on it. While I do like the overall pose, I wonder if I should go for some more aggressive foreshortening, maybe do a little fisheye distortion or something. Also, feeling kind of iffy on the overall anatomy/perspective. I think I have it right, but I'm not quite sure. Meh, some distance might do some good. If anyone sees anything obviously wrong/has suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Worth finishing.

Her right leg is wonkapalooza. The underdrawing is more correct. IF you want the leg going in it's current direction, to quote Air Jordan, "As the leg goes, so must the butt".

Well, i have no idea what the hell that was about. But if the leg is going to move, the 'tocks must move accordingly as well. I personally feel the underdrawing is a lot more weighted and grounded = power. You can make it work either way though.

Also, post real media drawings. Don't be a ween.

Worth finishing.

Her right leg is wonkapalooza. The underdrawing is more correct. IF you want the leg going in it's current direction, to quote Air Jordan, "As the leg goes, so must the butt".

Well, i have no idea what the hell that was about. But if the leg is going to move, the 'tocks must move accordingly as well. I personally feel the underdrawing is a lot more weighted and grounded = power. You can make it work either way though.

Also, post real media drawings. Don't be a ween.
Good call on the leg.

Also, real media drawing? You mean like for real pen and paper stuff? Huh. Well, I do have some old sketches I never bothered to finish...

Also, I presume people would know, but I should probably mention that the above picture is totally not mine; I just came across it on the internet a while back and found it quite apt.

GIS tells me it's the work of one Mikiko Ponczeck. Here's a link to the original, which is slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.