DuckTales... Woo-oo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have changed the rules. As shortly as a year ago you couldn't do that because Youtube was afraid of getting sued by game makers. I'll have to tell a few of my friends this.

It really must be at the whims of the site then. One my friends lost three accounts trying to do the same thing over the years.
Something tells me there was more involved then, I could be wrong, since I'm not aware how the income thing works exactly but I know that Pew and Jesse make a living doing those videos.

That Pewdiepie guy making a living screaming like an idiot is probably one of the worst things I've ever heard and I hear terrible things for a living.

Youtube really has terrible policies that aren't unilaterally enforced. Anyone can claim a copyright infringement for any reason against any channel, and youtube will take it down and put the burden of proof on the channel owner. Even people like TotalBiscuit has had his youtube channel removed due to these claims, despite that all of his content is fair use, and they've even threatened to ban his account and remove all of his content because of their shitty three-strike policy. It's because of this that he boycotts some publishers, like Sega.

Youtube really has terrible policies that aren't unilaterally enforced. Anyone can claim a copyright infringement for any reason against any channel, and youtube will take it down and put the burden of proof on the channel owner. Even people like TotalBiscuit has had his youtube channel removed due to these claims, despite that all of his content is fair use, and they've even threatened to ban his account and remove all of his content because of their shitty three-strike policy. It's because of this that he boycotts some publishers, like Sega.
Yet he's one of the largest money makers in the Let's Play/Gaming Commentary Youtube world.

He strictly doesn't do let's plays, and for that very reason. He does gaming news and commentary, as well as some competitive game announcing.
Within the last 6 months he's done Terraria Commentary Play videos though. Though he does do fewer Let's Plays than most. However his WTF Is is basically a short unfinished Let's Play of the games he does.

Ok, listening to the Laser Time family of podcasts (including Vidjagame Apocalypse, which is hosted by a guy that works at Capcom that has an unhealthy passion for Duck Tales. I recommend them, they're generally a good time.), I'm now way sold on the game. Apparently there's tons of extra content beyond just swimming in the money bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.