EEE!!! Evil Genius available on STEAM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

YAY!!!

Of course I don't have the money right now, but I love evil genius and I can't find my old disk :(

GasBandit

Staff member
That's cool, Evil Genius was an awesome game (and I still play it from time to time). I hope this gins up more demand for this sort of game. I'd love to see an Evil Genius 2, Dungeon Keeper 3, or Startopia 2, or anything like that.

Loved this game back in the day. I always used the "exploit" on the first island to get effectively unlimited money; build 90 lockers and send all your henchmen to steal money from any "9 money" country. So long as you don't interrogate the maid, you won't gain any notoriety, and can just leave the game for a few hours to gather money.

caldvan said:
Loved this game back in the day. I always used the "exploit" on the first island to get effectively unlimited money; build 90 lockers and send all your henchmen to steal money from any "9 money" country. So long as you don't interrogate the maid, you won't gain any notoriety, and can just leave the game for a few hours to gather money.
Just use the cheat codes next time. Type "humanzee" while the game is running. Then, press ctrl+c a few times. You get $100,000 everytime you press the button. Also, the cheat code is deactivated (you still keep the cash) when you quit the game, so you have to repeat the process if you want more money.

Love the game, by the way. Happy to see it's on Steam, and I hope this might persuade a new studio to pick up the rights and make a sequel.

The demo was quite fun, you get to club baby seals :3 Definitively the game is good. Not the same style than Overlord I at all, but very fun nonetheless.

G

Gkbur

Denbrought said:
The demo was quite fun, you get to club baby seals :3 Definitively the game is good. Not the same style than Overlord I at all, but very fun nonetheless.
Different game, Evil Genius is a strategy game about running your evil empire, and putting people in giant mixing bowls.

... Ok, someone shoot me. For some reason I mistook Evil Genius for Overlord which in turn I mistook for another game.

Crap.

C

Chibibar

Denbrought said:
... Ok, someone shoot me. For some reason I mistook Evil Genius for Overlord which in turn I mistook for another game.

Crap.
It is alright. Evil Genius is still awesome! :) So is Overlord.

C

Chibibar

Dei said:
Reading this thread now makes me wonder if I can find my old Dungeon Keeper discs...
Yea.. after moving couple of times (like 3-4) I can't find my old discs :( I miss dungeon keeper also that is awesome game.

Dungeon Keeper didn't age well though, while Evil Genius is still ok looking. I thought that gameplay wise DK was more fun, but the design/setting of EG is just so hilarious.

GasBandit

Staff member
GOG kicks ass. I bought both freespace games from them, even though I already owned freespace 2 on real honest-to-god disks.

C

Chibibar

heh. I have been playing this for couple of days now. I take small breaks and play the new mods for L4D

Status
Not open for further replies.