[Bug] Embedded Youtube Videos Appearing In My History List

The last two days I've noticed that whenever I open a page here on Halforums, every single embedded Youtube video that appears will end up being added to my history list on my Youtube account, whether I've actually watched them or not. Not sure if it's a new hiccup on Youtube's end, Halforum's end, or mine. Thought I'd post it here and see if anyone else is having this problem as well.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Something has changed recently yes, where now the forum is loading every single embedded youtube video instead of doing the previously standard "thumbnail" that you click to load the video. It's really bogged down the awesome videos thread.

Not sure if it's something that has changed on the forum's end, or on youtube's end, however. Might be on Youtube, because I notice the same thing happening on my blogspot with embedded videos.

As a stopgap measure, maybe give Youtube Center a try. I have it set to disable autoplay, and haven't noticed any such problems. I believe you can also disable autoloading embedded videos. Well, you can disable auto-buffering, but not specifically for embedded videos. There is an option to enable embeds.

Last edited:
YouTube can't gather demographic data or update the "views" count if you only load the static thumbnails.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ironically, I can tell you as a guy who has posted several youtube videos, that the analytics for embedded videos basically are only provided as "This many people watched your video embedded, and they were in the following countries, but we'll be fucked if we know what sites embedded it or any other useful data!"

Dave

Staff member
I just tested by going in to the Awesome videos thread. None of them showed up under my history in YouTube.

I just logged off my Youtube account and logged back in. Went to the Awesome Videos thread, and it was still doing it. Every single video on the last page loaded itself onto my history list. So weird.

Dave

Staff member
Let me log in to Firefox and try. I'm using Chrome.[DOUBLEPOST=1408562147,1408561978][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope. Loaded the thread in Firefox and nothing in my YouTube history.

GasBandit

Staff member
Let me log in to Firefox and try. I'm using Chrome.[DOUBLEPOST=1408562147,1408561978][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope. Loaded the thread in Firefox and nothing in my YouTube history.
Did you log in to youtube on firefox before going to the thread?[DOUBLEPOST=1408562725][/DOUBLEPOST]I just checked, it's not actually adding the videos to my history either, just taking a long ass time to load them. I'm on firefox as well, and always logged in.