Faking an Atomic Bomb as an Ad.

It's not that much worse than any of the other hidden cam pranks you can see from countries all over the world.

GasBandit

Staff member
So fake. Parallax makes it stone simple to tell the difference between a window and a TV screen, screen resolution be damned.

Last edited:
If you're paying attention parallax is noticeable, but with a high result ion display, and position mostly in the center of a long room like that one it won't be noticeable unless you're looking for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1383069494,1383069386][/DOUBLEPOST]Though if you wanted to hide the parallax issue you could add curtains to the two sides with a fan nearby that would cause them to move a little.

However in high end digital window systems you actually use a camera and face tracking software to change the image on the display for a single visible user. That fixes the parallax issue as long as you are far away from your subject, like on a high rise.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you're paying attention parallax is noticeable, but with a high result ion display, and position mostly in the center of a long room like that one it won't be noticeable unless you're looking for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1383069494,1383069386][/DOUBLEPOST]Though if you wanted to hide the parallax issue you could add curtains to the two sides with a fan nearby that would cause them to move a little.

However in high end digital window systems you actually use a camera and face tracking software to change the image on the display for a single visible user. That fixes the parallax issue as long as you are far away from your subject, like on a high rise.
I didn't see any visual changes that would happen with face tracking. But even if the room was long and narrow, there would still be a noticeable "widening frame" effect approaching a real window from the door, showing more of the scene the closer you get to the window - especially since the scene was a distant cityscape, which would make the effect (or its absence) extra noticeable. They were just playing a video with a fixed viewpoint.

I suspect that they engaged the victim the entire way in and directed their attention in a way that prevented them from paying attention as they moved into the room and sat down.

GasBandit

Staff member
I suspect that they engaged the victim the entire way in and directed their attention in a way that prevented them from paying attention as they moved into the room and sat down.
I suppose. And maybe they tried it on a whole lot of people and those were the only 3 or so who didn't straight out say "oh, cool TV instead of a window, bro" the instant they walked in.

It was probably just very good bass speakers. At that distance you don't need things to fall off the desk just a powerful low rumble is enough to invoke the fear response.

I would actually call you optimistic more than cynical.
I've met enough idiots in this life to know it's very very real.
I know plenty of idiots for sure.
I see daft people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see reality. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're daft.

I just don't think that t.v. commercials or show (reality or not) are ever letting us see true reality. I have so many relatives that think Duck Dynasty is real, and they're all a bunch of truly funny good 'ol boys. That what goes on in the show is how their lives really are.

Not that I want to see true reality. I'd rather have escapism than voyeurism.