fanflow scam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chakz

Don't know if your addressing me or not, but wth. I wasn't blaming the medium. I tend to be very literal minded so when someone is giving me instructions that would be perfectly simple to most people give me difficultie. I usually end up asking alot of questions so that I don't misunderstand anything and I also try to warn them ahead of time. If scott has trouble with commitments like this, he should figure out some way to deal with it.

chakz said:
If scott has trouble with commitments like this, he should figure out some way to deal with it.
This is absolutely true.

Or maybe he could stop making commitments and focus on his comic.

It's a lesson I would have hoped he'd learned from his Penny Arcade buddies by now. It's only been 11 years. :eek:rly:

C

chakz

Yarg i spend to much time on this forum, but I wanted to say one more thing on the subject before I was done with it. Scott would have functioned great in the syndicate/newspaper environments he so despises. They'd handle all the side stuff and he could just do the cartooning. Maybe 60 or seventy years ago where news paper comics were a big deal and it meant that you had arrived as a cartoonist when you had one. He might not be al capp, but he'd probably do pretty well for himself.

Gusto said:
chakz said:
If scott has trouble with commitments like this, he should figure out some way to deal with it.
This is absolutely true.

Or maybe he could stop making commitments and focus on his comic.

It's a lesson I would have hoped he'd learned from his Penny Arcade buddies by now. It's only been 11 years. :eek:rly:
hahaha! Tycho and Gabe learned very early on that they are not good at some stuff, and they outsourced it to other more capable fellows. I think if Scott took a gamble and hired someone to handle a lot of this (and bug him to give content for some things like assetbar, or just raided his desk once a week) then he'd increase his income enough to pay for the help.

PA now employs many, many people. If it weren't for them, PA wouldn't have grown past the stage where Scott's at right now. Tycho and Gabe were terrible at business (they lost the copyright to their earlier strips due to a bad decision many years ago, for instance - fortunately they got them back), and wouldn't have gotten all the game comic deals without their team, and so forth. They absolutely could not have created and managed PAX and Child's Play without their team, etc.

While they are the public face, PA is a full-fledged business.

-Adam

chakz said:
Yarg i spend to much time on this forum, but I wanted to say one more thing on the subject before I was done with it. Scott would have functioned great in the syndicate/newspaper environments he so despises. They'd handle all the side stuff and he could just do the cartooning. Maybe 60 or seventy years ago where news paper comics were a big deal and it meant that you had arrived as a cartoonist when you had one. He might not be al capp, but he'd probably do pretty well for himself.
I disagree that he would do well in print media, simply because he regularly fails to follow deadlines for his own comic. Newspapers would have dropped him without hesitation the first time he missed a deadline due to laziness.

ElJuski

Staff member
RE: everybody who still continues to support Kurtz and his "shiny new products"--

I have this awesome rock you might be interested in. Ultra rare, ultra cheap!

ElJuski said:
RE: everybody who still continues to support Kurtz and his "shiny new products"--

How much?

ElJuski said:

Does it keep away tigers?

J

JCM

Edrondol said:
The medium itself has proven successful. Assetbar, podcasts, etc. So blaming the medium for the success/failure is naive. I hate to say it, but the only common thread is Mr. Kurtz. I love the guy, but I'm really glad I let my Assetbar lapse.
This. He said he´d update it weekly, yet people are left ripped off.

Imagine if we had the Kurtz syndrome in everyday services. "Damn, I dont feel like doing this weeks time magazine, fuck those that paid for it"

So I take it there are still folks out there who haven't received merchandise more valuable than the assetbar out there. I'll ask again, why haven't people contacted the relevant consumer protection authorities? It doesn't matter who he is, if he still hasn't delivered goods or services promised, he's just this side of FRAUD.

It's time he got a few knocks on the door from folks who have a little more authority than the "fans" to get him to take this shit seriously.

C

chakz

I just want to feel your rock.

I want to feel it so bad

....wait did that sound gay? nah no way it sounded gay.

Gusto said:
He only despises them cuz they wouldn't let them in their elitist little club. :)
Remember when he was all "Gung-ho Newspapers" when he was trying to get his strip in? Got turned down and became "Anti-Newspaper" overnight? :rofl:

Shegokigo said:
Gusto said:
He only despises them cuz they wouldn't let them in their elitist little club. :)
Remember when he was all "Gung-ho Newspapers" when he was trying to get his strip in? Got turned down and became "Anti-Newspaper" overnight? :rofl:
Look, Ebeneezer Kurtz, gaze into the the days of Webcomics Past.

:eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.