Former President Trump Thread

People have argued whether or not Trump is the worst president in history. I don't know my American political history well enough to argue that. But I think it's fair to say that this administration is the most corrupt, by a long shot.

People have argued whether or not Trump is the worst president in history. I don't know my American political history well enough to argue that. But I think it's fair to say that this administration is the most corrupt, by a long shot.
He is definitely challenging Johnson and Harding for the bottom spot.

Last edited:
He's easily the worst in modern history - even Dubyah can't hold a candle to him, let alone Carter who the Americans keep thinking of as a bad president.
I don't know enough about the earlier presidents, but you'd have to be pretty damn bad to beat him. On any score.

Most corrupt? That's hard to say. Worst at hiding how corrupt they are? Absolutely.

They would be scary if they weren't so incompetent

My sister chose to start a shit show in our family chat this morning. She mocked the liberal government and a cousin said well at least they’re not Trump. Most family members wisely said nothing or gave that comment a heart and moved on. My uncle felt the need to praise Trump and his fine economics. No thanks, we’ll pass.

My sister doesn’t need to agree with me on everything, but I wish she understood her privilege and could look beyond her wealthy non-problems and feel for the people suffering right now. Our recent discussion was so disturbing. Real people are dying and they all matter.

They would be scary if they weren't so incompetent
I would argue this makes them more scary, not less. When it takes a decade or so to untangle someone’s corruption, you can at least feel like maybe they were capable of doing the rest of their job right, y’know? With these guys, it feels more Ike that time Homer Simpson got put in charge of garbage collection.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
"Better" lightbulbs that cost more in the long run. Republicans continue to fail the marshmallow test.

Is there anyone on Halforums that actually needs an explanation about why he's wrong about water, too?

This was a pretty interesting podcast on the post office changes. After listening to it, I’m less worried about these machines being removed, and more worried about staffing changes.

Y'all know what I'm wearing to the polls...

Oh wait, I don't do that. I'll wear it when I drop it off at MC recorder's office.