Former President Trump Thread

As long as his stupid "trueeths" don't get reported in the news I don't really care what he screams into the ether with the thousands of followers that actually sign up.

I'd almost managed to forget/suppress the memory that Trump was, beside all his other flaws, a massive Putin fan.
In yet another show that he is Russia's number one asset, he's come out in favor of the invasion. because of course he did.

Now, the personal opinion of a stupid 70-plus year old reality star really shouldn't matter to anyone. Yet, his clear indication that he thinks Putin's move is great, completely undermines any possibility of action from the US and thus, NATO, and thus, any European country. Even the UK, stupid enough to follow the US into Iraq pretty much for shits and giggles, will not want to follow you in if by all likelihood in 2 years you'll be out again.
Every president to now - including Clinton after Bush, Bush after Clinton, Obama after Bush - has more or less followed up on interventions and foreign policy from their predecessor. Sure, different points of view and perhaps with "slowly trying to work to reduce number of soldiers" or whatever. But not this sense of "the day a Republican House is sworn in, the US will grant all of Ukraine to Russia as a peace offering for having accidentally said a bad word about Putin".
There are plenty of people out there who are forces for evil (just like there are many who are agents of good). I'm genuinely not sure if there is anyone on Earth today who has had and is having as much of a negative impact on global affairs as Trump, including Putin and Xi themselves.

I'm genuinely not sure if there is anyone on Earth today who has had and is having as much of a negative impact on global affairs as Trump, including Putin and Xi themselves.
I can’t think of anyone else in recent memory who has been so overtly inspirational.

—Patrick

Practically all white collar crimes have stupidly short statutes of limitations and that is not at all accidental.
For any type of fraud cases or deliberate obfuscation etc etc there really should be provisions for a judge to extend the deadline. "Running out the clock" with a battalion of lawyers is far too easy for the very rich and powerful.
In the mean time, poor people who happen to be SOL can still get convictions for drug possession that isn't even illegal anymore, 20 years after the facts. Because Justice.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you can't indict a sitting president, then those 4 years shouldn't count against the statute of limitations. (They will, because this country is pants-on-head stupid.)

So I give my republican-voting pro-choice bisexual friend I give a hard time all the time at how her voting goes against all of her interests. She's absolutely beside herself about the latest SCOTUS Row v Wade thing. But when I point out it's Trump's judges making it possible, her only argument was how much she couldn't stand Hillary.

I'm so tempted to send her this pic. But I fear it would cause a fight.

1651949114907.png

Last edited:
So I give my republican-voting pro-choice bisexual friend I give a hard time all the time at how her voting goes against all of her interests. She's absolutely beside herself about the latest SCOTUS Row v Wade thing. But when I point out it's Trump's judges making it possible, her only argument was how much she couldn't stand Hillary.

View attachment 41392
we don't fucking love Biden. Yeah, you vote for the person who will do more for you than against you, it's not rocket science. The system is stupid, and until it changes we are stuck with these assholes.

we don't fucking love Biden. Yeah, you vote for the person who will do more for you than against you, it's not rocket science. The system is stupid, and until it changes we are stuck with these assholes.
That's basically what I told her. I didn't like Hillary. I didn't much care for Biden. But I'd prefer them both over Trump. This ain't high school. I'm not voting for the popular kid. I'm not voting for who I like. I'm voting for the kid who professes to more line up with my own self-interests.

When I told her I liked Bernie Sanders over Biden or Hillary, she went "eww!" So I outlined everything in his platform I agreed with. She goes "Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense". I'm like "How the fuck do *you* decide who you're voting for?"

View attachment 41392
Why would she be upset? Appointing conservative judges to overturn Roe was a stated goal of Trump's campaign in 2016, while in the same debate Clinton said "I will defend Roe v. Wade, I will defend a woman's right to make her own decision.". So your friend made her choice and got exactly what she voted for!

Here's another meme for her:

1651976692273.png

Why would she be upset? Appointing conservative judges to overturn Roe was a stated goal of Trump's campaign in 2016, while in the same debate Clinton said "I will defend Roe v. Wade, I will defend a woman's right to make her own decision.". So your friend made her choice and got exactly what she voted for!

Here's another meme for her:

View attachment 41395
yup. I'm very familiar with r/LeopardsAteMyFace ;)

And I agree. She got exactly what she voted for. I just don't get how she figures out who to vote for, since she consistently votes republican, and based on her beliefs and her situation, you'd think she wouldn't.

figmentPez

Staff member
And I agree. She got exactly what she voted for. I just don't get how she figures out who to vote for, since she consistently votes republican, and based on her beliefs and her situation, you'd think she wouldn't.
Figuring out where the propaganda is coming from is not easy when the person you're talking to doesn't realize they're being propagandized.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, I understand. The only reason Trump won is because the Democrats ran Hillary.

And the only reason Biden won was because he was against Trump.

It's the quintessential giant douche/turd sandwich election, every election. But then Trump turned out to be so much worse because a whole lot of really self-serving people figured they could increase their own power and influence if they enabled him... and then because nobody can EVER admit to a wrong decision, every horrific headline-grabbing Trump moment - of which there were never fewer than 3 per week - caused an immediate double down, until the only way to do so was for Republicans to go full "the other side is genuinely eating and raping babies and we're gonna repeat it every moment of every day until you all believe it too" tribalism. And Joe Layperson's head is still spinning from how things got so bad so quickly, in fact, most of them are still probably in denial.

Biden has been every bit as ineffective as I feared, and Trump is obviously a giant disaster. I haven’t seen a single third party option worth a damn. The election in 2024 is going to suck. :(

Dolt 45 is promoting the idea of civil war in the United States.
Have you seen his support base? They fantasize about a civil war the same way normal people fantasize about a zombie apocalypse. I knew some folks like that when I lived in Tyler. Granted, they were on the old and feeble side.

None of them want Civil War.
They just want chaos. Naked, unfettered chaos, so they can enact their The Purge (2013) fantasies and then tell everyone who survives that it never happened and it was just their imagination.

--Patrick