Former President Trump Thread

--Patrick
Oh thank god. I thought it was going to be some MAGA-nutter blindly promoting it as the Bible of Bibles.
And I know that Trump isn’t signing most of these, but with the last few pages containing the U.S. constitution stuck together… maybe he kinda is?

Made myself sick there…

They say dress for the job you want. So I’ve always wondered how Marjorie Taylor Greene got into politics when she was clearly hoping for rodeo clown.

Attachments

The supreme court is making Trump's arguments for him. Doesn't take a super genius to know how this turns out.

Mother fuckers used JFK as an example of why we don't charge former presidents.....

If they decide you can't charge (former) presidents, Biden can just dissolve the GOP and put a hit out on Trump and it would all be a-okay, right?
I really, really don't understand these "conservative", "small-government" people cheering for the installation of a de facto dictatorship just because they think the first dictator will be eating other people's faces.

Presidents can't forgive student debt because tyranny.

Presidents can try coups because Kennedy wasn't prosecuted after his presidency for unknown reasons.

To review:
  • In 2021 Trump's legal team argued before Congress that he should not be impeached for things he did in office, because if he had committed any crimes he could be prosecuted as a private citizen after his term ends.
  • Yesterday Trump's legal team argued before the Supreme Court that he should not be prosecuted as a private citizen for things he did while in office, because it is Congress' job to punish him through impeachment. Since they did not impeach, he should not be charged.
  • They also argued that any act he feels is a part of his official duty should be immune to prosecution, explicitly citing assassinating political rivals, selling nuclear secrets to Russia, and staging a coup as acts that should not be punishable.

Also, according to recent polls, 56% of all voters say that Trump's alleged crimes in New York have no bearing on his fitness for office, while nearly 3/4 of Republican voters say they would vote for him over Joe Biden "no matter what." So presumably he could molest one of their relatives, steal all their money, sell parts of the country to Mexico/India/China/whomever, launch nuclear weapons against rural parts of the south, and people would still vote for him because Biden's old and liberals are bad.

…which is just astounding. I'm not surprised, but I am still deeply embarrassed by other people in this country.

No they wanted him charged with not fulfilling his employment contract for having is head blown off during his term.

/s but really maybe?

Are we sure she's still alive?

.... Do we care?
The fact that Melanie stays out of the limelight and is rarely seen supporting her husband makes me realize her worst sin is just being there for the money, even possibly just giving her kid the best life he can and not pissing off the old fuck with all the money who probably has her observed 24/7

GasBandit

Staff member
Trump’s allies are reportedly working on proposals to reduce the Federal Reserve’s independence if Trump is re-elected, including letting the president influence interest rate decisions. Under the plan, the Fed chair would be required to seek Trump’s review on interest rate policy, negotiate with the committee on the president’s behalf to steer policy, and to require candidates for Fed chair to agree to privately consult informally with Trump on the central bank’s decisions. The 10-page document also suggests that Trump would have the authority to oust Jerome Powell as Fed chair before his four-year term ends in 2026. (Wall Street Journal)

GasBandit

Staff member
53% of voters who don’t follow political news say they support Trump, while 27% say they support Biden. Among voters who read newspapers, 70% say they support Biden, while 21% say they support Trump. Overall, 54% of voters polled described themselves as traditional news consumers, while 40% described themselves as digital media consumers. Among the traditional news consumers, 52% support Biden compared to 41% for Trump. Among digital media consumers, however, 47% support Trump compared to 44% for Biden. (NBC News)

55% of Americans say they see Trump’s presidency as a success, while 44% see it as a failure. In a January 2021 poll, 55% considered Trump’s presidency a failure. (CNN)

Trump’s allies are reportedly working on proposals to reduce the Federal Reserve’s independence if Trump is re-elected, including letting the president influence interest rate decisions. Under the plan, the Fed chair would be required to seek Trump’s review on interest rate policy, negotiate with the committee on the president’s behalf to steer policy, and to require candidates for Fed chair to agree to privately consult informally with Trump on the central bank’s decisions. The 10-page document also suggests that Trump would have the authority to oust Jerome Powell as Fed chair before his four-year term ends in 2026. (Wall Street Journal)
They really wants to make him dictator.