Forum Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Is there a "view your posts" and a "view active posts" button to hotbar?
Um....Not sure. And you made the first non-test post! Congrats! You win...nothing.

There is a "New Posts" link above. Is that the same thing? (I never used the other one.)

figmentPez

Staff member
Just found out that there is a four image limit when posting. Is that the way things are going to stay? I've been self-limiting my posts in the cosplay thread to about 6 images, no more than 8, so it's not a huge change, but four does seem a little low.

EDIT: Also, apparently this board setup doesn't conform to web standards, with stuff placed in the "alt text" area, which Firefox correctly does not display, and not putting anything in the title field, which is where those tooltips should go.

I'm having problems with my "inbox" thingie, I have like 400 PMs out of an "allowed" 100, so it says it's full, but I cant erase the messages, not even with the "erase folder" option thing

A

Andromache

Doing a pretty damn fine job of it too, seeing how even a search yields nothing.

we can see them. They say they don't want to see you anymore. Not after what you did to their teeth. Sick bastard.

Dave

Staff member
Check for empty messages, ones that have no subject title and are all dated the same (01-01-1970). Check and delete those in both inbox and sentbox.

Also check for folders named "Imported Received/Sent .....". They may be 6 of them. Go to folder options and delete them (clear the name field and save to do so).
Thanks, Ame. I had to go get my son and wasn't here to answer questions.

Dave

Staff member
Just found out that there is a four image limit when posting. Is that the way things are going to stay? I've been self-limiting my posts in the cosplay thread to about 6 images, no more than 8, so it's not a huge change, but four does seem a little low.

Not any more. This is fixed.

Dave, two questions: (When you're more "settled" into this place of course)

Can we get rid of post counts?
Can we get titles back?

Actually, I vote for leaving post counts on for a while, to test it out a bit... with new posters incoming, I thought it might be a good gauge of who's new and how much so we can cut them some slack with the whole "in-jokey" thing.

Dave,
Will we be experimenting with different forum layouts? Not sure if Vbulletin offers others, but this one just seems unwelcoming.

Dave

Staff member
Dave,
Will we be experimenting with different forum layouts? Not sure if Vbulletin offers others, but this one just seems unwelcoming.
Do you mean skins or the way that everything is placed? If skins you can change to any one of 5 I have loaded in addition to the default by going to either your User CP or simply changing the dropdown box at the bottom left of the page.

Dave

Staff member
Dave, two questions: (When you're more \"settled\" into this place of course)

Can we get rid of post counts?
Can we get titles back?
Under Tips & Tricks I have just posted the following:

3) Under the User CP, go to Edit Your Details and you can set your own custom title! Example: Mine is "Board Lackey".

When we get our smileys back, can we make the "smug" one the same size as the other ones? People became fans of it and used it a bit, but it broke lines with text and was just ugly that big.

E

edzepp

Phew. Finally got my password straightened out. This new place seems nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.