Forum Villainy

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I think the part I dislike most about memes, at least internet meme pictures, is that the point the person is making is pretty much reduced to "here's a meme- laugh at this because i got nothing else!" it. it just get's boring.

You are, of course, correct.

However, Free Cat was hella funny. It was SuperKing that reacted to it so strongly if I recall. It wasn't so much the internet-wide meme that was funny, but the internal meme that was funny.

BTW, with the great name change of 2010 (or was it 2009?) there are still people that I don't even know are the same from prior.

IIRC, Shego, you were as violently opposed to the dial-a-name system as I was.
Still am.

Off the top of my head:

Quotemander Prime = Escusion
Null = Lying Bastard
Juski and Charlie switched back recently.
Hmmm, will have to think of any other changes.

M

makare

I do believe I coined the term Quotemander so I want the creation rights to that....

I'm using the same name I have since the changeover. I believe I was Creepshow on the PvP boards. Because at the time, that's the character I was posting with on the WoW boards. And by god, was I posting the hell out of the WoW boards back then.

M

makare

I was makare1 but I only use my 1 for important occasions these days...

I kept doing silly variations on all the names I went by, which all contained Frank somehow and then the forum changed and I was stuck with my currently silly long name.

I hated not knowing who the hell I was talking to. It actually led to me not posting here for quite some time (that and starting back at school).

I catch a shit storm for changing my avatar. I can't imagine the mass conniptions which would occur if I changed my name.

I think the part I dislike most about memes, at least internet meme pictures, is that the point the person is making is pretty much reduced to "here's a meme- laugh at this because i got nothing else!" it. it just get's boring.

I love them for that exact same reason. "Here's a meme - you're not worth any more of my fucking time"

fade

Staff member
I find it confusing when you guys change avatars (or at least avatar themes), because that's the first thing I look at. In my head you all look like your avatars.

I find it confusing when you guys change avatars (or at least avatar themes), because that's the first thing I look at. In my head you all look like your avatars.
I feel the same. Its why I still have Myers in this hideous monstrosity rather than the current Sabres jersey.

That's also why, for the longest time, I read all of HCGLNS's posts in Sean Connery's voice.

North_Ranger

Staff member
In my case, that's not too far from the truth. Although I have more of a buzzcut these days... Lost a lot of hair due to chemo, y'know?

That makes sense. Mine is just a photo someone took of me back in the summer of '06.

I have had a couple of avatars, but not many. My first avatar was the default undead avatar from wow, then Orville Deadenbacher, then I think it was the Cocktapus for a while (it's a rooster crossed with an octapus, pervs), the Aladdin Sane album cover, then the WWNPHD poster. Then, the awesome picture of me with my Lantern rings and now the awesome drawing that was done of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.