Fox bones futurama again

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Phil LaMarr's Facebook page:

Dieter Jansen Just received this message from my good friend and fellow Voice Actor Bob And i,m supporting him 100%.
Please if you care about your Work, respect your fellow actors do the same. Dietz

Hi gang!

If you are not a voice-over actor, feel free to disregard.

Many of you in the business have heard about Futurama auditions. This is a negotiation ploy!! The cast of The Simpsons have had to go through this several times over the years.
Bottom line is, the cast of Futurama deserve whatever amount they are asking for. The network and studio make zillions more than these actors ever will!!
Many of in the Futurama cast are friends of mine. I respect their talent, and I respect them as people.
I'm asking that if you are asked to audition for this, please respectfully pass. There will be more gigs, I promise!
I believe in karma. And I know what goes around comes around. Don't advance your career by damaging someone else's.

Bob

North_Ranger

Staff member
I'm placing an order for Torgo's Executive Powder. And you do not want to know what I am going to use it for! (hint: it rhymes with walls and hemo droids.)

W

Wyrminarrd

Futurama voice recast?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/futurama-voices-to-be-rec.php

This has got to be the worst idea ever to come from FOX, the voices of those characters are way to integral to the show for them to be changed. If they are really planning this then they should just skip making more Futurama altogether since without Billy West, John DiMaggio and Katy Sagal it just wouldn´t be anywhere near as good :explode:

Futurama voice recast?

I'm guessing you never eat a hamburger anywhere except one particular restaurant, because it couldn't be as good as the original hamburger you first ate.

:rofl:

-Adam

P

Philosopher B.

Holy butts, that's some serious fuckery. I can't imagine Futurama sans Billy West and co.

Bottom line is, the cast of Futurama deserve whatever amount they are asking for. The network and studio make zillions more than these actors ever will!!
Wow, with great info like this I fully understand the situation and see how reasonable the actors' requests are.

Cat said:
Wow, with great info like this I fully understand the situation and see how reasonable the actors' requests are.
It wasn't exactly a news outlet. It was a post in support of friends in danger of losing their jobs. Is your first reaction to job loss to report the facts?

No but atm most of what I'm finding is there is a pay dispute and OHHHWOWOHHH FUCK FOOOOX HAAAAAAHAROWWWW FUUUUUUCK.

What's to know? If the actors want "too much", it is up to Fox to decide what to do. They can: 1.) Simply not proceed because it won't return a profit, 2.) Try to negotiate with the actors so it could be more affordable, 3.) Proceed as planned on the gamble that the show will be a success and make money through advertising, merchandising or other means. Instead, the studio seems to be opting for 4.) Recast the show on the hopes that the fans won't mind (really???) or scare the actors into making a deal (making them dicks).

The point is, Fox is the one that made the decision to put out the casting call, not the actors. Sure, the actors might be trying to take Fox for a ride but Fox's choice is either baffling or dickish when they had other options.

P

Pojodan

Well, you can be sure that Futurama will flop really fast if they get new voice actors, so maybe Fox is just looking for reasons to get out of this?

If so, it just goes along with the notion that Fox hates the idea of success and avoids it at all costs.

J

JONJONAUG

Calleja said:
Does Fox own Comedy Central?
No. Comedy Central is Viacom while Fox is News Corp. They just have an agreement for syndication and running the movies as episodes.

Dear Fox,

If you are considering this route, just don't bother. I'd rather have no Futurama than a poor excuse for a Futurama.

Regards,
ThatNickGuy

Pojodan said:
Well, you can be sure that Futurama will flop really fast if they get new voice actors, so maybe Fox is just looking for reasons to get out of this?
Yes, and then they will blame the cast, crew, and the writers for it.

JONJONAUG said:
Calleja said:
Does Fox own Comedy Central?
No. Comedy Central is Viacom while Fox is News Corp. They just have an agreement for syndication and running the movies as episodes.
....and would it be above Fox to pretty much boycott the series so it bombs at Comedy Central?

A

Armadillo

In the comments section of Gas's link, there's some speculation that this is a publicity stunt for SDCC, where the actors are going to be appearing on stage for a "confrontation" with a FOX executive. We can only hope.

Armadillo said:
In the comments section of Gas's link, there's some speculation that this is a publicity stunt for SDCC, where the actors are going to be appearing on stage for a "confrontation" with a FOX executive. We can only hope.
In that case, I hope a legion of Browncoats show up as well.

R

Reboneer

Calm down people, it's just a negotiation tactic. A dickish one, yes, but let's not overreact here.

Reboneer said:
Calm down people, it's just a negotiation tactic. A dickish one, yes, but let's not overreact here.
Too late.

NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.