[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I'll put in some Eve of May photos up here once I get my own laptop back from maintenance. I'm on a loaner from Dad, and I'm NOT handing him evidence of my not-so-drunken debauchery :p

North_Ranger

Staff member
I have actually done this before in L4D2, and my team mates were not amused.

I remember that. Throwing grenades in the army, that is. We used practice grenades that did explode but didn't fragment as much. And before we could throw ours, everyone had to practice how to get out of the foxhole in three seconds, tops.

The guy above would have lost a leg.

Dave

Staff member
This sort of happened when I was in. Dude was training with live grenades. Normally you have an instructor in the hole with you and you throw it and then duck down. You can't even watch it go boom. So this guy decides that this would be the best way to end it so he pulls the pin and tosses it at his feet. The instructor jets out and the grenade goes off. Guess what? Grenades aren't like they are in the movies. There's no HUGE FIREBALL THAT DESTROYS A CITY BLOCK, especially ones used for practice. Yes, they go boom and throw a little metal around, but in this case it'll only tear up your legs and maybe put a little extra weight in your gut.

Another guy I never saw again.

S

Soliloquy

I think real grenades are much more terrifying than what they show in the movies... makes me wonder why they don't use the more realistic sort.

Real grenades aren't about boom. They're about AP. The ones that go boom are just for stun and disorientation. The ones that kill are all about frangibility and coverage.

--Patrick

There are several different types of grenades. AP are the most common, they throw fragments of steel in a significant radius and maim or kill quite effectively. Then there's flash-bangs, which are intense light and percussion to blind, deafen, and disorient immediately before a breach. There's HE grenades, which are meant for destroying light vehicles, equipment, and sometimes bunkers. I guess that's what movie grenades are supposed to represent. But the worst would have to be Willy Petes - White Phosphorous incendiary grenades.

S

Skinny Santa

Eight Legged Freaks, theres this hilariously bad scene where this giant spider shoots white hot innuendo all over her and in her face.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Aaaah... The innocence of youth. When the title Scary Movie invoked slight laughs as a one-shot parody film, not disgust and diarrhea as a never-ending cavalcade of concentrated stupidity glazéd with vomit and spunk.

Not all backyards are created equal:

And don't worry about the walkway right next to the alligator, they have it taken care of:

Status
Not open for further replies.