Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I hate that I get this reference. I blame National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
When I was a kid, this was a pre-internet pre-snopes urban legend that got passed around. Similar to the "Rod Stewart stomach pump", the "Satanists are stealing kids and sacrificing them in the woods", "drug dealers are putting heroin in candy", and "Old lady has a can of biscuits explode in her car, so she goes to the emergency room clutching a biscuit to her head claiming that she's holding her brains in from a gunshot"

You know, stuff that's such obvious bullshit you wonder why people believed it in the first place even without snopes.

When I was a kid, this was a pre-internet pre-snopes urban legend that got passed around. Similar to the "Rod Stewart stomach pump", the "Satanists are stealing kids and sacrificing them in the woods", "drug dealers are putting heroin in candy", and "Old lady has a can of biscuits explode in her car, so she goes to the emergency room clutching a biscuit to her head claiming that she's holding her brains in from a gunshot"

You know, stuff that's such obvious bullshit you wonder why people believed it in the first place even without snopes.
Well, this was the case with the origins of the line, "bring in the rubber sheets and gerbils", which, as an 11-year-old watching the movie with her parents, I did not understand. And I had no internet to explain it, so I straight-up asked my parents what it meant. They told me they wouldn't explain the "gerbil" thing until I was ...I want to say 15. (Maybe 16, it's been a while). But, by God, I did NOT forget, because it was rare there was something my parents wouldn't explain to me. How bad could it possibly be that my parents squirm?! I asked a number of times over the years, and I when I was finally old enough, they explained the origins of that myth.

I have never regretted asking my parents something more than that moment.

Well, this was the case with the origins of the line, "bring in the rubber sheets and gerbils", which, as an 11-year-old watching the movie with her parents, I did not understand. And I had no internet to explain it, so I straight-up asked my parents what it meant. They told me they wouldn't explain the "gerbil" thing until I was ...I want to say 15. (Maybe 16, it's been a while). But, by God, I did NOT forget, because it was rare there was something my parents wouldn't explain to me. How bad could it possibly be that my parents squirm?! I asked a number of times over the years, and I when I was finally old enough, they explained the origins of that myth.

I have never regretted asking my parents something more than that moment.
I had a similar questioning moment in my childhood with this scene from Animal House

that my parents wouldn't explain.

I couldn't figure out what the rubber glove and "supposed to be this soft" question was all about, so I imagined she must be playing with his poo.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, Blanche is a rogue. Dorothy is a fighter. Sofia is a halfling.
No, Rose is a Paladin. She’s lawful good and her faith is unshakeable, she could not be anything else.

—Patrick
Like Patrthom said - Rose is a Paladin, Blanche is a Bard, Sofia is a Wizard, and Dorothy is a fighter.

Though, I mean, there are some gaming systems where "Bard" is just a specialized path of the Rogue class.

Last edited:
Like Patrthom said - Rose is a Paladin, Blanche is a Bard, Sofia is a Wizard, and Dorothy is a fighter.

Though, I mean, there are some gaming systems where "Bard" is just a specialized path of the Rogue class.
Sophia could be a thief/assassin with all the Sicilian background she has.

edit: I do not think the current version of VW is Nazi-connected, but if you're going to explicitly say your reason for getting a different car is to avoid the Nazi association........