Funny videos

GasBandit

Staff member
Regular Car Reviews calls Jalopnik's senior editor.

While on the toilet.

To sing him a song made up on the fly.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, some time ago, I am pretty sure I posted this video (but I couldn't find it to link the original post). It describes how Mike Judge based Boomhauer's voice on a complaint call he received about Beavis and Butthead from an incomprehensible southern gentleman who seemed to be under the impression that the show's title was "Porky's Butthole."

Well, today I learned that is not the whole story, as a few months ago, the voice mail in question was posted in its entirety, which then led to the internet's leading dixieologists decoding the formerly incomprehensible gibberish, and what they discovered is in fact that the complaint call is not about Beavis and Butthead at all, but rather Looney Tunes' propensity to be scheduled oddly around commercial breaks.

"Porky's Butthole" is how the man interpreted the "that's all folks" pink concentric circular background.

From the comments:
Translation and explanation:

I've been callin' y'all for better than a month, griping about y'all, every time Looney Tunes come on, y'all put Porky's Bu*thole on, I figure last night, and the second the cartoons come on, it was Porky's freakin' ol' Bu*thole, I said "Surely, y'all ain't gonna put the last two on Porky's freakin' Bu*thole", I, nah y'all are gonna die [if] you'all don't put Porky's freakin' Bu*thole on last dang' ol cartoon like you'all did this morning.

I've seen the dang 'ol crap a half-a-million-and-a-half times.

I don't see why in the heck y'all think these dang ol youngins are gonna sit there and watch Porky's dang ol Bu*thole, time after time after time after after [d-ol] time, and don't y'ever get tired of it, like–

and, yesterday, y'all, I got up 7:30 in the morning, and watched all day, and I don't think y'all was right on time with y'own show all dag-gum day. I went to bed last night, wantin', wantin' to get– get one right.

But y'all was wrong, still wrong. I was gonna say, I guess I'mma gonna have to call the FCC about shuttin' y'all's butt down.

Y'all don't I just don't, you don't think no three-year-old kid's gonna buy, buy something, buy a dag-gon armload of stuff, cause y'all put'n those dang-old commercials on, dropping that crap on and on and on, it don't matter crap today, cause you was 5 minutes late this time, you gonna be 5 minutes late next time, cause you gonna drop those freakin' commercials on, till, till y'all get ready to... quit, yo.

For some reason y'all think you're got'dang job every 10 minutes a commercial's on every dag-ol time, y'all get through, every time a show goes off or somethin. I dun-no.
[click] – end of message

He’s been calling to complain for over a month, tired of seeing the same show (Porky's Bu*thole), so often.
He tuned in to watch last night, and it was “Porky’s freakin ol' Bu*thole”, over and over, until the early morning.
He doesn't understand why they would think kids want to watch Porky's bu*thole over and over.
He was up all day watching this channel from 7:30 to night and the shows were always late, because of commercials.
He’s tired of the commercials. Specifically, he repeatedly complains they cause the shows to be 5 minutes late.
He wants to complain to the FCC to try to get the whole station shut down (it sounds like, because of the commercials).
He further doesn’t understand why there has to be so many ads for so long. It's not like kids are going to rush out to buy armloads of stuff they see in the commercials, just because they appear so frequently.

Dang 'ol Boomhauer here isn't calling to complain about Beavis & Bu*thead like Mike Judge thought, he was tuning in to watch Looney Tunes at a specific time, like 7:30 right on time. But, the last show, also Looney Tunes, hadn't ended yet, so he ends up watching right as Porky Pig is giving the "That's all folks!" outro against the famous concentric red circular backdrop - in what I would assume this guy thinks looks like a bu*thole. Thus: Porky's Bu*thole. Then it goes straight to commercials for 5 minutes and the episode that he was planning on watching doesn't start until 7:35.

So he's complaining that the episodes are offset and he keeps tuning in at what he thinks is the beginning, but it's actually the end of the last episode when Porky is saying the show is over.

In the 90s Looney Tunes aired on Nickelodeon, which was owned by Viacom along with MTV. So it's conceivable that he was trying to reach Nickelodeon (which explains why it's primarily kids toy commercial he keeps getting), and ended up reaching someone at Viacom who assumed it must have something to do with Beavis and Bu*thead and forwarded it to Judge.

So, some time ago, I am pretty sure I posted this video (but I couldn't find it to link the original post). It describes how Mike Judge based Boomhauer's voice on a complaint call he received about Beavis and Butthead from an incomprehensible southern gentleman who seemed to be under the impression that the show's title was "Porky's Butthole."

Well, today I learned that is not the whole story, as a few months ago, the voice mail in question was posted in its entirety, which then led to the internet's leading dixieologists decoding the formerly incomprehensible gibberish, and what they discovered is in fact that the complaint call is not about Beavis and Butthead at all, but rather Looney Tunes' propensity to be scheduled oddly around commercial breaks.

"Porky's Butthole" is how the man interpreted the "that's all folks" pink concentric circular background.

From the comments:
I can understand what this guy is saying and that scares me.

From the comments:
Fro mthe decsription I expected something I wouldn't understand a word of. Now I'm not saying that was the clearest and most understandable English in the world, but I could easilyfollow his message and I damn well understood straightaway it wasn't about B&B. The f were they smoking there?
Also, still a more complete sentence and clearer communication than anything Trump or Biden have put out in the last months.