[Movies] Game: Bring movies back in time to impress filmwatchers

On a separate note, I've always wondered what it'd be like to go back in time and show soon-to-be famous creators some of their best (and maybe worst) work that they haven't created yet. Somehow with the addition that they'd forget after I left so as not to affect the time stream or something, but show them a copy or their greatest work, or maybe even movie adaptations of their work.

Like, showing a young Terry Bolea some of his greatest matches as Hulk Hogan.
Showing a frustrated Jack Kirby how beloved and well-known he is today, especially all the people inspired by his work.
Showing George Lucas the original trilogy at that point where he's trying to sell the idea to studios, to show him yes, it'll work.
Blowing Shakespeare's mind by showing him film adaptations of his work and showing how far theatre and acting evolves.
Johnny Depp what he's become, mister "I only do movies I feel good about, artistically"? :p

But I thought the point of the thread was to impress film aficionados? In 1984, an entirely CG film was unheard of, not to mention the level of technical sophistication that it uses. Not to mention, in 1984, people were wondering if the House of Mouse was going to survive. The 9 Old Men had left, the new class had yet to produce a hit animated film, Don Bluth had left to form his own (reasonably successful) studio and there was a big overhead change: Michael Eisner and Jeffery Katzenberg were brought it to try and turn the Disney brand around. Even then, they wouldn't have a hit animated movie until 1989 with The Little Mermaid. Couple this with the highly-publicized flop of The Black Cauldron later in 1985, there was talk that Disney could be done for good. I'd argue that bringing both The Little Mermaid and Frozen, which managed to be made even though Disney had closed their main animation studio in the early 2000's in similar dire straights, is important to prove Disney can AND does bounce back and produce the blockbuster, all-audience films we take for granted today.
That's fine; I'm just saying that bringing up its box office status doesn't mean anything in this context. All those reasons you're mentioning now are good ones.

I know everyone seems to have a big stiffy for Mermaid, but it was Beauty and the Beast that made me start taking Disney seriously.

--Patrick
Yeah, I was pretty critical of Disney at the time.

Critiquing those movies with fellow first-graders was a bitch though. You'd think none of them ever had a debate online before.