Export thread

Games on SALE!

Limit: 500

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm starting this thread to be a place for posting games that are on sale. If you see a good deal on PC, console, board games, etc. post it here.

Braid is on sale on Steam this weekend. 66% off or $5 here in the States. EXPIRED I think I'll be grabbing this one.

Also, Direct 2 Drive is celebrating 5 years with 5 weeks of games for $5. The first week is almost over (I just found out about it), but there's a lot to come. This week the games are strategy:
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Civilization 4
Warhammmer 40k: Dawn of War - GOTY edition
X-com Complete Bundle
Sid Meier's Railroads
Empire Earth Gold
Far Cry
Call of Juarez
The Settlers - Hertitage of Kings

Coming weeks will be: Week 2 Action Games, Week 3 RPG/MMO, Week 4 Indie Games, Week 5 War Games.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Far Cry, Juarez, GRAW and Splinter Cell are hardly what I would term, Strategy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Week of September 14 - 20th
Week 2 of Direct 2 Drives 5th anniversary sale is here.
The $5 games are:
1. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
2. BioShock
3. Sid Meier's Pirates!
4. Saint's Row 2
5. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Frontlines: Fuel of War
7. Thief: Deadly Shadows
8. Serious Sam Gold
9. Max Payne 2
10. MLB 2K9

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is quite tempting. I've heard good things about it. Bioshock for $5 is a pretty good deal too, but I already own it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow, Saint's Row 2 and Riddick are 5$? The Riddick one is the first one right?

Anyone want to give me a rundown what the "catch" is for D2d?

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Riddick one is the first one right?
That was my my first thought as well, but it's not. It's the most recent one, that also contains the original game remake. It's listed as $40 marked down to $5 for this deal.

Anyone want to give me a rundown what the "catch" is for D2d?
Yeah, I'd like to know if there are any hidden catches as well (aside from them being cagey about install limits), but for $5 I might just go for it on a game I'll likely only play through once.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So the Riddick one has both games in it, with a revamped remake of the first one?

figmentPez

figmentPez

So the Riddick one has both games in it, with a revamped remake of the first one?
Yup, to quote the game page:

"Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena follows up the story from the original game title as Riddick must now flee the Dark Athena, following his harrowing escape from the notorious Butcher Bay prison.
"'Escape from Butcher Bay' Included: A new version of the award winning Xbox and PC title 'Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay' – recognized as one of the best games of 2004 – has been visually re-mastered for next-gen systems, and has been included free along with the stunning, new 'Dark Athena' campaign"

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So awesome, that just leaves whatever "catch" there is to this place....

figmentPez

figmentPez

So awesome, that just leaves whatever \"catch\" there is to this place....
Here's a previous thread on the subject:
Anyone use Direct 2 Drive?
Apparently Gasbandit, Frankie and Bowielee have used the service with no complaints.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Re: Chronicles of Riddick

I feel like I must be missing something, because I tried both the original game and the demo for the new one and just couldn't get into it too much.

Then again, I don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to whether I like an FPS or not, even when I can respect the technical excellence.

Gears of War made me shrug, Bioshock eventually lost me (and I LOVED the atmosphere and level design), but I've played through every Call of Duty game developed by Infinity Ward twice, I really liked Resistance and the Halo series, and I used to play Unreal Tournament constantly before the, ah, "younger" (those dern kids!) generation started kicking my ass regularly.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Braid for $5? FUCK YES.

Also: I believe Butcher Bay is the first Riddick game.

EDIT: Dammit, Braid was just for the weekend and I didn't see this topic until now. Fuuuck......

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

From the looks of it, I'll be buying BRAID, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Saints Row 2 and Riddick this week. Any opinions AGAINST any of these games for $5 a pop?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Braid is no longer $5?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Braid is no longer $5?
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll start putting dates in my posts so it's easier to figure out when a sale is over. I've altered the original post to reflect that Braid is no longer on sale. (Surprisingly many of the D2D games from the first week can still be had for $5, though they said in their twitter feed that it won't happen with this weeks games.)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ok, I'm buying Stalker off of D2D as we speak. Gonna test it out, play a few days, and if I'm happy with the service I'll be buying Riddick and Saints Row.

What I'm "getting" from watching some trailers and gameplay vids, is that it's like Fallout with a little less RPG and a little more action?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

If Fallout were hard and Russian, it would be STALKER.

Enresshou

Enresshou

For those of you who don't know about it already:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/

You have to register to go to the video game deals section, but this website is GREAT. Thanks to it, I made about $35 in Gamestop store credit for every $18 I spent at Toys R Us last summer.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam is offering a free weekend of Unreal Tournament 3, starting 2009 Sept 17 1pm PST (that'd be today, Thursday). It'll likely last until Sunday or maybe sometime Monday morning. The last free weekend got extended. I played last time they had a freebie, but I didn't like it as much as TF2, felt too chaotic to me and I couldn't tell what was going on most of the time.

Also in steam news, LucasArts finally got smart and is offering an Adventure Pack of Loom, the Dig and the two Indianna Jones adventures (the Fate of Atlantis and the Last Crusade) for $10 (normally $5 each). Doesn't seem to be a limited time offer, so I'll keep it in mind if I ever make it through the games already on my list to play/finish.

LucasArts is offering all the Jedi Knight games as well (Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, JK: Mysteries of the Sith, JK2: Jedi Outcast and JK: Jedi Academy). They're not on sale, but I'm pretty sure LA stopped selling them for a while. Direct 2 Drive is also offering 3 of the 5 (Dark Forces, Outcast and Academy).

*crosses his fingers and hopes for Grim Fandango: Special Edition in the future*

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam sales for the weekend of 2009 Sept 17th-20th:

Plus a complete non-deal on MDK & MDK2 which can already be had for cheaper on GOG.

Direct2Drive is doing the same 50%-off SoMI:SE if you prefer that to Steam.
The D2D Twitter feed also says "Get $5 OFF Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare for PC at D2D now through Sunday! http://bit.ly/s2VI9 Use code 5OFFCOD4 @ checkout"

fade

fade

Big Lots actually has a decent selection of Wii games for about $18. I can't really tell you which because it changes regularly. Last time I went, they had Lego Batman, Ben 10, and Star Wars Force Unleashed among many others. All of those were well-rated games.

Chibibar

dang it :) I bought MI:SE

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

As big a fan of RPGs as I am, I've NEVER liked any of the "puzzle adventure" series of games. They just feel so dated, gameplaywise.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The next week of Direct 2 Drive's 5th anniversary $5 game sale is up:
Games for 09.21.09 - 09.28.09 - RPG and MMO

• Neverwinter Nights 2
  • Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
  • Elven Legacy
  • Eve Online
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
  • Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
  • Titan Quest Bundle
  • PlanetSide®: Aftershock
  • Drakensang: The Dark Eye
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I've been playing Titan Quest on Gametap and it's pretty fun. I don't know if any of the rest are worth playing.

and, to get it out of the way, the obligatory "Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG or an MMO!" comment.

EDIT: Next week is Indie games, and I'm looking forward to that. Even though I already have Zeno Clash, I'm hoping that's one because maybe that'll convince more people to buy such a great game. Other titles I think are likely are World of Goo, The Path, Braid, And Yet It Moves, as well as some bundle packs of games that are already $5.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh man... Neverwinters 2 and Xpac.... ARGH! I just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Saints Row 2 and Riddick!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Oh man... Neverwinters 2 and Xpac.... ARGH! I just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Saints Row 2 and Riddick!
I personally found Neverwinter Nights 2 to be a disappointment. Take that as you will.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The next week of Direct 2 Drive's 5th anniversary $5 game sale is up:
Games for 09.21.09 - 09.28.09 - RPG and MMO

• Neverwinter Nights 2
  • Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
  • Elven Legacy
  • Eve Online
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
  • Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
  • Titan Quest Bundle
  • PlanetSide®: Aftershock
  • Drakensang: The Dark Eye
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I've been playing Titan Quest on Gametap and it's pretty fun. I don't know if any of the rest are worth playing.

and, to get it out of the way, the obligatory \"Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG or an MMO!\" comment.

EDIT: Next week is Indie games, and I'm looking forward to that. Even though I already have Zeno Clash, I'm hoping that's one because maybe that'll convince more people to buy such a great game. Other titles I think are likely are World of Goo, The Path, Braid, And Yet It Moves, as well as some bundle packs of games that are already $5.
I hope you're right. I'd happily snap up World of Goo and Braid for $5.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

and, to get it out of the way, the obligatory "Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG or an MMO!" comment.
AC is a classic example of a well done Action RPG, linear as it may have been.

figmentPez

figmentPez

AC is a classic example of a well done Action RPG, linear as it may have been.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, my bad. I've never heard any mention of RPG elements in the game. Even checking GameFAQs doesn't reveal any sort of RPG elements, not even on a Legend of Zelda level (which I don't consider an action RPG).

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

AC is a classic example of a well done Action RPG, linear as it may have been.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, my bad. I've never heard any mention of RPG elements in the game. Even checking GameFAQs doesn't reveal any sort of RPG elements, not even on a Legend of Zelda level (which I don't consider an action RPG).[/QUOTE]

I think you can improve various things by performing tasks, like finding flags and such. You also earn new equipment throughout the game.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's definitely got more action than story, but your actions do have an effect on the storyline and you can slightly choose your paths.

I

Icarus

And repetitive as it may have been ... AC was a lost opportunity.

JCM

Re: Chronicles of Riddick

I feel like I must be missing something, because I tried both the original game and the demo for the new one and just couldn't get into it too much.

Then again, I don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to whether I like an FPS or not, even when I can respect the technical excellence.

Gears of War made me shrug, Bioshock eventually lost me (and I LOVED the atmosphere and level design), but I've played through every Call of Duty game developed by Infinity Ward twice, I really liked Resistance and the Halo series, and I used to play Unreal Tournament constantly before the, ah, "younger" (those dern kids!) generation started kicking my ass regularly.
You the same taste in FPS as I do.

Oh, and Braid is awesome.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Ooops, my bad. I've never heard any mention of RPG elements in the game. Even checking GameFAQs doesn't reveal any sort of RPG elements, not even on a Legend of Zelda level (which I don't consider an action RPG).[/QUOTE]

I think you can improve various things by performing tasks, like finding flags and such. You also earn new equipment throughout the game.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the argument for RPG elements in AC, but it's much more an action-platformer than anything else. Storyline is simply not enough; most FPS games fall under the "RPG" genre title then. 90% of AC is real-time combat and free-running through crowds and over rooftops.

And dude, Vice City?!

It's pretty clear that they're playing a bit fast and loose with the conventional genre definitions to have more big name stuff in their deals, which isn't really a problem, but it is funny.

JCM

I think you can improve various things by performing tasks, like finding flags and such. You also earn new equipment throughout the game.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the argument for RPG elements in AC, but it's much more an action-platformer than anything else. Storyline is simply not enough; most FPS games fall under the "RPG" genre title then. 90% of AC is real-time combat and free-running through crowds and over rooftops.

And dude, Vice City?!

It's pretty clear that they're playing a bit fast and loose with the conventional genre definitions to have more big name stuff in their deals, which isn't really a problem, but it is funny.[/QUOTE]Bingo.

Its as much of an "action RPG" as every other FPS, and GTA clone.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam weekend deal for Sept 24-27th
50% off F.E.A.R.2:project Origin and F.E.A.R.2: Reborn DLC

That's $25 for the game, and $5 for the DLC here in the US. (Do these weekend deals on Steam apply outside the US? I've been assuming they do, but I never checked.)

Shannow

Shannow

Shit, titan Quest bundle for 5? Gotta snag that one this weekend!

Chibibar

Steam weekend deal for Sept 24-27th
50% off F.E.A.R.2:project Origin and F.E.A.R.2: Reborn DLC

That's $25 for the game, and $5 for the DLC here in the US. (Do these weekend deals on Steam apply outside the US? I've been assuming they do, but I never checked.)
I haven't play F.E.A.R 1 :( do I need to play 1 to play 2? (for the story)

fade

fade

Neat. Always wanted to play Neverwinter NIghts. Is it worth it with DDO free?

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yes... frankly with the mana thing and no pausing DDO is totally different...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Week 4 of Direct 2 Drives 5th Anniversary Sale is up Sept 28 - Oct 5
Independent games this week.
  • Mount and Blade
  • World of Goo
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Cogs
  • Light of Altair
  • The Path
  • Bridge Construction Set
  • Gish
  • Zatikon

Only 2 for 5 on my predictions, and no games from Telltale, guess they're not indie enough. I've got to say I'm underwhelmed.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Cool, World of Goo. No Braid? Blarg.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Left 4 Dead: Crash Course came out today, Sept 29th, so Valve has put L4D on sale for the next three days. 50% off, that puts the game at $15 here in the US.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ooooh! New campaign? I know what I'm firing up the moment I get home! Fear my Zoey sniper rifle skills you zombie bastards!

Back on the topic, I picked up World of Goo for the GF on her laptop. She's in puzzle heaven right now. I'll probably take a few swipes at it with some free time, though I'm not really into the puzzle genre.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Ooooh! New campaign? I know what I'm firing up the moment I get home! Fear my Zoey sniper rifle skills you zombie bastards!
I just finished playing, and it was damn good. Ran into 4 tanks in the two levels, before even reaching the finale, and we were playing on Normal. It feels a lot more open than any of the other campaigns, and it's rarely obvious where to go next, but that may just be on account of it being a first playthrough.

Nothing new though. It's the same L4D formula. Advance, find obstacle, remove obstacle and draw the horde, advance.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

15 Bucks for L4D? I can finally afford to pick it up. Awesome.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

New campaign? Fuck yes!!

Wish I had time to play it this weekend.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam Weekend Sales for Oct 1st - 4th

Audiosurf is 50% off putting it at $4.99 - and an update adding new features to the game.

66% off Oddworld games making Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus $3.39 each or $5.09 for both. Pretty good deal, even though you won't get the soundtrack and other extras that come with the game at GOG.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The 5th and final week of Direct 2 Drive's 5th anniversary $5 game sale is up, featuring war games:

Company of Heroes Gold
Supreme Commander Gold
World in Conflict Gold Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Battlestations: Pacific
Codename: Panzers - Cold War
Hearts Of Iron II Collection
Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
Delta Force: Land Warrior
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger

There are many games from previous weeks still on sale for $5 as well. Bioshock, Titan Quest bundle, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Neverwinter Nights 2, and quite a few others.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Might pick up Dark Crusade. Not sure though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam weekend deal for Oct 8th - 11th
Save 50% on all Hitman games
That means Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin are $5 each or $10 for all three.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam is doing a week of THQ sales. All week the THQ collector pack is 10%-off, only $90.

Today, 0ct. 12, Titan Quest gold is on sale 50% off, making it $10. Not as good as when it was $5 from Direct 2 Drive a few weeks ago, though.

I'm not seeing anything in THQ's current offerings I really care about going on sale, but I'll keep an eye on it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Day Two of Steam's THQ week is up:
50%-off Company of Heroes games one day only. Not sure what the exact start-stop times are.

Steam also has a mid-week sale of 50%-off Civilization IV Complete Edition, lasts until Friday.

2D Boy is celebrating the "birthday" of World of Goo by having a name your price sale on the game. You can pay whatever you think the game is worth (if you can get through, the site has been hammered).

figmentPez

figmentPez

Day Three of Steam's THQ Week, Oct 14:
50%-off Dawn of War games

figmentPez

figmentPez

Day Four of Steam's THQ Week, Oct 15:
75%-off Saint's Row 2 - putting it at $7.50

Not much left to put on sale for the weekend. I'm guessing Red Faction games, but I could be wrong.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh, what ever anyone does, do NOT buy Saints Row 2 on PC. It's utter trash. The game does NOT run well even on the fastest computers.

Besides, D2D has it for $5 if you REALLY want it.

Jay

Jay

Yeah, the PC port is absolutely horrid. Always make sure to check reviews. :)

TGFT

figmentPez

figmentPez

Weekend deals for Steam:

THQ week is ending with 25%-off Red Faction games

Also, Gordon Freeman beat out Mario in Gamespot's "All Time Greatest Game Hero" (Manny Calavera got voted out the first round, BOOOO!). He won with 55.8% of the vote, so Steam is offering 55.8% off all Half Life games

--

Direct2Drive is offering Fallout 3 for $40

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Awesome--I own all those already.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

They need to start announcing some Amazon sales, or other sales that will ship a disc to your door.

Lousy lack of broadband...

figmentPez

figmentPez

They need to start announcing some Amazon sales, or other sales that will ship a disc to your door.

Lousy lack of broadband...
What "they" are you referring to? Amazon has recently had some sort of buy 2 get one free sale to match Toys R Us doing a similar deal. I didn't pay attention to either since I like digital downloads. I started this thread for anyone to post any sort of gaming deals, I just post what catches my eye. Others should post what they see.

kevin91

Best Buy, Futureshop, and Wal-mart will be selling Borderlands for $40 (Canada only)

Borderlands: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10124753&catid=24295

P.S: Wal-mart has it on sale for only the 360 version, no idea why...

Edit: Prices have changed... I could not find a copy of Borderlands for the PS3 at BB or FS... no rainchecks or anything. :(

figmentPez

figmentPez

Another Mid-week Madness sale on Steam:
Assassin's Creed for $5 (Americas only, sorry Europe, Japan, etc.)

Killing Floor free weekend coming, starting this Thursday.

figmentPez

figmentPez

For those looking for some console goodness, Best Buy is doing a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on all Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 games under $60.

Steam's weekend sales are 50% off Arma II and 25% off Killing Floor

figmentPez

figmentPez

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is 75% on Steam until November 2nd. (Making it $5)

figmentPez

figmentPez

For those looking to expand their console library, Amazon has a deal. Buy $80 worth of eligible games (before Oct 31st), and get a $40 credit towards future game purchases (credit expires Dec 31, 2009). There are hundreds of eligible games for PS3, 360 and Wii (and 2 DS games).

For the digital download crowd, Steam is offering 50% Off The Witcher - making it $20

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That Witcher sale is REALLY tempting, I've been waiting for a price drop to pick up my copy....

Dave

Dave

For those looking to expand their console library, Amazon has a deal. Buy $80 worth of eligible games (before Oct 31st), and get a $40 credit towards future game purchases (credit expires Dec 31, 2009). There are hundreds of eligible games for PS3, 360 and Wii (and 2 DS games).

For the digital download crowd, Steam is offering 50% Off The Witcher - making it $20
Ooh! The Witcher! I've always passed on this but now I think it's time.

Tonight: Dave buys The Witcher!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You should start a thread on your playthrough of it, then quit after 3 days. :slywink:

Ooooh, I went there.

Dave

Dave

You should start a thread on your playthrough of it, then quit after 3 days. :slywink:

Ooooh, I went there.
I'd like to give a big FU to you...but you're right. At least I've admitted why I stopped. I sucked at the game. Hell, I got called out by Gusto.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm really on the fence about getting Witcher. $20 is my "high" limit on buying a new game. I usually pick stuff up around the $10 mark.

Then again, this is the same person who just did a Faction Change ($30) and a Server Move ($25) on WoW.....

Dave

Dave

You moved away from the Horde?!? :eek:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

No dahling, I moved back to it:

Started WoW as Horde Shaman.
Went Alliance in TBC for more end game raiding options.
Going back to Horde and joining an end-game PVP guild.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive is having some Halloween sales:

50% off Ghostbusters - $10
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $5
The Witcher - matching Steam at $20
Dead Space - $20
Damnation - $10
Bioshock - $10
Fary Cry 2 - $10
The Path - $5
Stubbs the Zombie - $5
Cold Fear - $5
Downfall - $5

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Team Fortress 2 is on sale for $2.49 until 2pm PDT for today only! You have less than an hour! Get it if you don't already have it!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Mm, Dead Space for $20 is tempting.

Bowielee

Bowielee

whoops, old post is old

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam weekend deal for Nov 5th - ???
50%-off Mass Effect - putting it at $10

Also, Psychonauts has been added to GOG's library. It's the same price as on Steam, though, and it doesn't come with a soundtrack as I was hoping it would. DRM free, though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games is offering full seasons for just $20
Sam & Max Season 1 or 2, Strong Bad or Wallace & Gromit

They're also offering a free episode of Wallace & Gromit

Both deals are good through noon (pacific) on Nov 9th.

I think I'm going to get the full season of Wallace & Gromit, myself. I've got all the other games, and I love them.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Weekend deals on Steam:
If you're looking to make your PC cry, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are 50%-off, putting them at $15 each.

The Overlord series is 75%-off, Overlord is $5, Overlord 2 is $10, Overlord: Raising Hell is $2.50 and all three are $8.75 (why anyone would buy the second game alone is beyond me). I've heard the mouse & keyboard controls are pretty bad, but I don't know if you can use a gamepad and get past that.

Direct2Drive tweets:
Get $5 OFF Borderlands for PC at D2D now through Sunday! http://bit.ly/sdysE Use code 5OFFBORDER @ checkout

Bowielee

Bowielee

All the Overlord games are compatible with the Xbox 360 controller.
for 9 bucks, I'm buying the hell out of those games right now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wish I'd thought better back during the $5 D2D sale.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm still pissed I missed the Chronicles of Riddick sale.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

All the Overlord games are compatible with the Xbox 360 controller.
for 9 bucks, I'm buying the hell out of those games right now.
^
:uhhuh:

JONJONAUG

http://www.black-friday.net/bestbuy-ad-scan.html#

Black Friday ads leaked for Best Buy.

Dragon Age 35 dollars fuck yes gonna get that if I can.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Evil Genius is on sale at GOG for $7. There's another game, Republic: The Revolution, that's also on sale for $7 and can be had for $10 with Evil Genius, but I haven't heard people rave about Republic like they have for EG.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

http://www.black-friday.net/bestbuy-ad-scan.html#

Black Friday ads leaked for Best Buy.

Dragon Age 35 dollars fuck yes gonna get that if I can.
I'd be all over that if it were the PC CE edition. But still, nice find.

Dave

Dave

A $500 40" HDTV? God damn it sucks to be broke!

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

A $500 40" HDTV? God damn it sucks to be broke!
Yeah, but you needed to start camping 2 days ago to get one of the two they will have in stock. One of the reasons I never to BB on BF is the line is just too crazy. Staples/Office Max is resonable at least (you can get there at 5 and typically get what you want).

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive tweets:
"Twitter exclusive!: Get $5 OFF Torchlight from @RunicGames at D2D now through Sunday! http://bit.ly/33B9wB Use code 5OFFTORCH @ checkout"

figmentPez

figmentPez

Awesome deal on Left 4 Dead 2. Dell Home has the PC version on sale for $30, or you can choose the Xbox 360 version for $40. Free shipping on both, though I've got to pay tax because I'm in Texas.

I do prefer to buy digital rather than hard-copy, but it beats waiting for a Steam sale.

EDIT: Dealnews says "Deal ends November 25 at 8 am ET"

Chibibar

Awesome deal on Left 4 Dead 2. Dell Home has the PC version on sale for $30, or you can choose the Xbox 360 version for $40. Free shipping on both, though I've got to pay tax because I'm in Texas.

I do prefer to buy digital rather than hard-copy, but it beats waiting for a Steam sale.

EDIT: Dealnews says "Deal ends November 25 at 8 am ET"
That is a good deal. Woo!

dellsmaith

I have a shop of games and computer software. If you have interest to buy a games reply me. Some games are given below

1) Bass Pro Shops Trophy Hunter 2007 - 20$
2) Call of Duty 3 -20$
3) Dead or Alive 3 - 25$
4) EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 - - 25$
5) FIFA Soccer 07 - 25$

If you want any games to purchase tell me i will provide you.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I have a shop of games and computer software. If you have interest to buy a games reply me. Some games are given below

2) Call of Duty 3 -20$
3) Dead or Alive 3 - 25$
5) FIFA Soccer 07 - 25$

Yeah... this doesn't sound shady AT ALL.

Dave

Dave

2) Call of Duty 3 -20$
3) Dead or Alive 3 - 25$
5) FIFA Soccer 07 - 25$

Just a note. Your IP address flags you as a POSSIBLE spammer. Please let us know more about your store and tell us a bit about yourself or you may be banned as a spammer. Right now your other post about the differences about the XBox 30 and the PS3 is what tells me you are real and not a spambot.

We don't want to allow spammers but we also don't want to dump anyone who is just trying to talk to us.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Midweek sale on Steam:
Plants Vs Zombies is 50%-off until Nov 26th. Putting it at just $5.

Twitch

Midweek sale on Steam:
I just bought this... fuck.

Chibibar

Midweek sale on Steam:
I just bought this... fuck.[/QUOTE]
I know :( I pre-order it.... I could have waited.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

2) Call of Duty 3 -20$
3) Dead or Alive 3 - 25$
5) FIFA Soccer 07 - 25$

Just a note. Your IP address flags you as a POSSIBLE spammer. Please let us know more about your store and tell us a bit about yourself or you may be banned as a spammer. Right now your other post about the differences about the XBox 30 and the PS3 is what tells me you are real and not a spambot.

We don't want to allow spammers but we also don't want to dump anyone who is just trying to talk to us.[/QUOTE]

Check the site in his sig. It's a site that sells R4 Devices for the DS. He's not only a spammer, but he sells grey-market stuff.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam is doing an Early Holiday Sale. 5 days of 1-day deals:

Today, Nov 25th:
Dragon Age Origins $38
Batman: Arkham Asylum $25
GRID $7.50
Fallen Earth $25
Champions Online $20
Fary Cry 2: Fortune's Edition (with the DLC) $10
Osmos $2

Plus, through Monday, the Lucas Arts Premier Pack is 60%-off ($50) and the THQ complete pack is 50%-off ($50).

EDIT: I think the first "day" is a long one. Next set of deals go up Friday 8am PST, then each day at 8am PST until Monday.

I think I might grab Batman: Arkham Asylum, very tempting.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If I weren't so hell-bent on buying the CE of Dragon Age, I'd be all over that.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's really telling when Fallen Earth has gone to half price less than 3 months after going live.

Math242

Math242

does anybody actually play that?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I've honestly never heard of it until now.

The clock on those games says 27 hours, which doesn't count any time from yesterday. That's more than a day.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive is having a sale as well: All Killer, No Filler

Dragon Age $40
Sims 3 $30
Resident Evil 5 $25
Crysis Maximum Edition $20
GTA IV $20
Dawn of Discovery $25

Plus on Monday they'll have a game for 75%-off, but they haven't said what, yet.

Telltale Games is having a free shipping sale, along with some bundle discounts.

Best Buy has some good sales on PS3 and 360 games for $20
Fallout 3
Resident Evil 5
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
and more.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

The clock on those games says 27 hours, which doesn't count any time from yesterday. That's more than a day.
Yeah the first "day" is from Wed. until Friday morning. There's more details in this news post. Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon will each have their own deals, though, put up at 8am PST.

GeneralOrder24

Today, Nov 25th:
Dragon Age Origins $38
GRID $7.50
Fallen Earth $25
Champions Online $20
Osmos $2

Plus, through Monday, the Lucas Arts Premier Pack is 60%-off ($50) and the THQ complete pack is 50%-off ($50).

EDIT: I think the first "day" is a long one. Next set of deals go up Friday 8am PST, then each day at 8am PST until Monday.

The THQ pack, has all red faction, dawn of war, and company of heroes games. There are also a bunch of others, like saints row 2, titan quest, and some more I can't recall. They list the ful retail price as over $300. They're charging $50. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/ Madness.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Today, Nov 25th:
Dragon Age Origins $38
GRID $7.50
Fallen Earth $25
Champions Online $20
Osmos $2

The THQ pack, has all red faction, dawn of war, and company of heroes games. There are also a bunch of others, like saints row 2, titan quest, and some more I can't recall. They list the ful retail price as over $300. They're charging $50. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/ Madness.[/QUOTE]

Good gods, I own a few of those and it's STILL an incredible deal. The Company of Heroes games, I have none of them and they'd be more than $50 to get. I wonder if Saints Row 2 is fun off the Wii though... and there's Titan Quest, and sure Dawn of War II bites, but having all these to buy whenever... Damn.

Resident Evil 5 for $25, I may just have to hop on that shit.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I wonder if Saints Row 2 is fun off the Wii though...
To quote Shego from earlier in this thread:

Oh, what ever anyone does, do NOT buy Saints Row 2 on PC. It's utter trash. The game does NOT run well even on the fastest computers.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

And there is that.

Those holding out for a Left 4 Dead 2 sale, it's $37 on Steam today.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Aww come on, L4D2 on sale on Steam today? A week after I bought it?

Dead Space also on sale, that looks tempting to me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

There's a number of games on sale of interest, and I just don't have time to play them all.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Those holding out for a Left 4 Dead 2 sale, it's $37 on Steam today.
If you don't mind buying a hard copy from Gamestop, you can get it for $30 and free shipping with a coupon code. I don't know how much longer the deal lasts.

The rest of the Steam deals for today are:
Majesty 2 $10
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.50
Mini Ninjas $15
Cities XL Limited Edtion $25
Dead Space $15
Madballs in Babo:Invasion $2

I'm probably going to nab SW:KOTOR since it's one I've been waffling about for years... I wonder if it will run on my netbook.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If they were offering L4D2 at Gamestop INSTORE for $40, I'd break my price barrier and pick it up today.

I'm probably going to pick up Dead Space, but if anyone here is an RPG or Star Wars fan, and has never played "Old Republic" there is ZERO excuse not to pay $2.50 for probably the best Star Wars RPG game ever made.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

yeah, if i could remember my steam password, i'd have bought Star Wars KoTR already..as it is, I have to wait until I get home from work and use the steam client to do it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I went for RE5. Had to mess with some settings to get it to run well... such as, it can't be true full screen. Yay black bars!

Loads better than RE4 was on the PC just for the mouse alone.

I'm interested in Dead Space, but goddamn there are too many games waiting to be played. I think the only thing I'd shell out for at this point is Braid on-sale.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG is having a sale on Interplay games: $4.19 each for Descent 3 (with expansion), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Sacrifice or Stonekeep. Giants is the only one of those I've played, and it's a lot of fun, but has some big flaws too.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Amazon.com is doing a lot of lightning deals for Black Friday. There are little clues about upcoming deals, so I think Scribblenauts is coming up soon.

Jay

Jay

How much for RE5????

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

$25 at Direct2Drive.

But that deal lasts until Monday; on second thought after I've already purchased it, you may want to wait and see if Steam throws it up for less on Saturday or Sunday. If not, it'll still be up on Direct2Drve on Sunday.

Jay

Jay

Mmmmmm, thanks for the head's up DarrylHeathGrendmirCaptainEcusion

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Worth buying RE5 on PC for $25 or buy it on Xbox360 for $20?

Oh, I'd like to mention that the Gamestop L4D2 sale for $30 PC, is available in stores as well.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I can't speak for everyone, but aiming RE4 with a joystick was not as bad as the no-mouse PC version, but still not as good as the Wiimote.

The mouse-friendly RE5 is as close to a Wiimote as you're gonna get, since RE5 is likely never coming to the Wii.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I had zero trouble playing RE4 on PS3, does that help?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Then I'd assume you shouldn't have trouble playing it on Xbox360.

I just like mouse-aim better than anything; however with the 360 version it's both cheaper and you don't have to screw with system settings or screen resolution since it just runs.

Jay

Jay

Get the PC version.

Just picture this.... Shego and SeriousJay vs an army of zombies in coop action.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Get the PC version.

Just picture this.... Shego and SeriousJay vs an army of zombies in coop action.

You show me a screenshot of Dead Rising to tell me to get RE5 on PC?

I didn't think about the CooP thing on PC though, that'd be nice.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's also apparently easier than single-player.

I want to co-op with people; Julie wants to watch me play for the story, but she won't let me buy another copy of the game cause she can't play shooters... so either I need someone who can go buy her schedule, or play it the hard way.

Jay

Jay

Im good for coop, id prolly have it by sunday

JONJONAUG

I want to co-op with people; Julie wants to watch me play for the story, but she won't let me buy another copy of the game cause she can't play shooters... so either I need someone who can go buy her schedule, or play it the hard way.
It's easier to play in co-op because playing RE5 in single player means you'll be spending most of your time yelling at how much of an idiot your AI controlled partner is.

bhamv3

bhamv3

It's easier to play in co-op because playing RE5 in single player means you'll be spending most of your time yelling at how much of an idiot your AI controlled partner is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but when I yell at my human partners about how much of an idiot they are, they tend to get mad at me. At least the computer's content to just sit there and take the abuse. :p

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's deals for Saturday Nov 28

Left 4 Dead 1 $7.50
City of Heroes Architect Edition $10
Order of War $10
Trine $10
Spore $20
Ghostbusters $10
Resident Evil 5 $25
Borderlands $33.50

I highly recommend Trine if the idea of a fantasy-themed puzzle/platformer at all appeals to you. It is an amazing game.

Also, I'm conflicted about Ghostbusters. I know it's not the best shooter, but a lot of people enjoyed it anyway. I'm not a huge Ghostbusters fan, but I liked the movies.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

RE5 for $25.... I've spent so much this week already..... :tear:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Kind of wish I'd waited to buy it off Steam since it's easier to re-download if need be then Direct2Drive, but oh well.

Borderlands for $33 is tempting, but like Shego, I've spent so much already.

Gotta be strong. Come on, Braid!

Jay

Jay

BOOM!

RE5 secured.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Fuuuuuuck, I should've bought Borderlands yesterday! Turns out it's one of those few games today that still runs more off your computer than the graphics card. Unlike L4D2 where I pass minimum but pull back from recommended on Can You Run It, I pass Borderlands almost to top speed.

And I'd feel like a chump buying it today for $50.

And I am a chump for not buying yesterday. Goddamnit.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day deals for Sunday Nov. 29

EVE Online: Apocrypha $5
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $15
Lucidity $5
Trackmania United Forever $20
Prince of Persia (2008) $15
World of Goo $5
Guild Wars Trilogy $25

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive Cyber-Monday deal
Mass Effect for $5

Last day of Steam's early holiday sale
Quantz (not the webcomic) - $2
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition - $2.50
Mirror's Edge™ - $5
Evil Genius - $2.50
Section 8 - $25
The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena - $10
Dawn of Discovery® - $35
Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood - $21

GOG doesn't really get Cyber Monday
$1-off MDK (I think that makes it $5, but the product page doesn't show the discount.)

EDIT:Holy crap, Impulse is having a sale? They do that now? (Have they been having sales all along and stupidly not putting them on the news page?) However, I don't recognize even the names of any of the games listed.

Chibibar

Yea... I got Borderland, RE5 (for PC) and Mirror's Edge. I found out that RE5 looks exceptionally bright on my PC (even with it turn town) I might have to tweak it cause it is making me sick playing it :( same with Borderland.

figmentPez

figmentPez

If you thought Monday was the end of sales, think again!

Steam has Zeno Clash on sale just $5.10, until Dec 3rd. It's an awesome game, and I highly recommend it. The art and story are really well done, and the combat is fairly enjoyable as well. I got totally sucked into this game, in a way not many games have recently.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Almost missed it, but Direct2Drive is doing a 24 days of Christmas sale. One game on sale every day until Christmas.

Today's sale is Mirror's Edge for $5. Same price as we saw on Steam just yesterday, but there are 23 more deals to go.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wish I knew what they were, now I'm gonna be holding it out or wondering if I'm regretting getting stuff.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm almost tempted to buy Mirror's Edge to see how the PhysX stuff turned out. I bought it on console before they announced they were making PC specific physics changes.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's sale for Dec 2nd:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $20

There's also a giveaway contest below I didn't notice earlier. Damn, too late to get every day correct and get entered to win the grand prize. Oh well, they're still giving away a game of your choice each day.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's sale for Dec 3rd:
Need For Speed SHIFT $25

Tomorrow's sale is something Red Alert 3, I don't know if it's the bundle or the expansion or what.

Does anyone actually want me to post every day with the deal? Need for Speed SHIFT doesn't even strike me as particularly interesting. Sure it got an 83 on Metacritic, so it's a decent game, and 50%-off is a nice sale, but I might not have posted it at all if it weren't part of an ongoing event.

So, unless someone asks me to, I'm not going to post every day of the D2D holiday sale. I might post if something strikes me as exciting, but otherwise anyone who's interested can just check for themselves.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

<---- asking you to post every day of the sale.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Will do Shego.

Steam's weekend sale is:
Tomb Raider Underworld for $7.50

and for those who don't need a huge sale to get them to buy, D2D tweets:
Twitter exclusive!: $5 OFF Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition at D2D now through 12/6 http://bit.ly/4TePww Use code 5OFFFALL3GOTY @ checkout

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oooh, maybe I should get on my Tomb Raider kick again....

*glances over at her Metroid games*

Maybe not....

figmentPez

figmentPez

Today's D2D Holiday deal:
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Bundle $20

Tomorrow's game: Prototype

.... Sorry, have to go. It's snowing... IT IS SNOWING! Snowing in SE Texas.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Did anyone play the Tomb Raider thing they made for PSP and if so, did it port well?

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D holiday sale Dec 5th
Prototype $20

Tomorrow is Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

figmentPez

figmentPez

Microsoft's online store has some notable Xbox 360 games on sale for $30:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Beatles: Rock Band
Band Hero
also some less notable titles, Bakugan Battle Brawlers and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D holiday sale Dec 6th
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim $7.50

Tomorrow is The Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Toys 'R' Us is doing a buy one game, get another 50%-off, both online and in-store.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D Holiday sale Dec 7th
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest $10

Tomorrow's game: Mercenaries 2 World in Flames

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Just want to say thanks again to Figment for keeping us up-to-date on these, I tend to forget a couple of them sometimes.

Chibibar

me too! I did grab a few that is on steam. I try to avoid another D2D system :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

You're welcome. If anyone has specific requests for games, genres, systems or whatever that they want me to keep an eye out for, please say so. I see a lot of stuff on Dealnews and elsewhere I don't post if it seems uninteresting. (Like this week's steam deal, Pirates of the Burning Sea.) Also, anyone else who spots a good deal, please post.

Aaaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is on sale on Impulse. (A well reviewed indie game, but not appealing to me) Stardock seems like a decent company, but I have no idea how their Impulse system is doing as far as ease of use and such.

Newegg.com has F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin for Xbox 360, PS3 for $15 + free shipping

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D Holiday Sale Dec 8th
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames $5

Tomorrow's game, Street Fighter IV

Steam has two sales:
Medieval II: Total War $5 until Dec 10th
New game: Altitude $10 until Dec 11th

Newegg has some video games on sale including:
Bionic Commando (360) for $12
Madworld (Wii) for $12
Red Faction: Guerilla (360) for $20

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

figmentPez
Finder of Video Game Deals

figmentPez

figmentPez

Thank you, but:

"figmentPez
Is a forum user"

That's all.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D holiday sale Dec 9th
Street Fighter IV $20

Tomorrow is, I think, Battlefield 2.

JONJONAUG

eBay's got a bunch of copies of the DVD reprint of Planescape Torment up for like 20 bucks.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D Holiday Sale for Dec 10th
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection $15

Tomorrow's game: Hmm, I'm having trouble with this one. Anyone? Nevermind, thanks TinEye.com, such a useful image search. It's Dragon Age: Origins.

Steam's weekend sale:
Counter Strike Source $5

EA's online store has a 30%-off coupon code and free shipping.
If the coupon works on Dragon Age Collector's Edition that puts it at ~$53, down from $75, and cheaper than Amazon.com's $60.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dragon Age going to be on sale?

Maybe I should stop holding out for the CE....

Chibibar

one of us! one of us!

(btw, there is a mod now that you can actually have a girl on girl action)

figmentPez

figmentPez

What type of price were you hoping the CE would drop to?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

one of us! one of us!

(btw, there is a mod now that you can actually have a girl on girl action)[/QUOTE]

There was a mod required for it?

Chibibar

one of us! one of us!

(btw, there is a mod now that you can actually have a girl on girl action)[/QUOTE]

There was a mod required for it?[/QUOTE]

Yea.... morrigan (popular character) will ONLY sleep with a male character. (that can be change with a mod) I do believe Leiliana will sleep with either

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dreamkiller is having a free weekend on Steam, and it's 25%-off this weekend as well (making it $22.50). Looks like a mediocre (at best) Painkiller knock-off, though.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

one of us! one of us!

There was a mod required for it?[/QUOTE]

Yea.... morrigan (popular character) will ONLY sleep with a male character. (that can be change with a mod) I do believe Leiliana will sleep with either
[/QUOTE]

Ok wait, it's totally plausible to have two guys sleep together but not women?

Also what exactly does the mod do? Open options that the game had hidden or write entire dialogues? Is there any "animations" ala Mass Effect added or revealed?

Twitch

I think that it is possible for a lesbian relationship to occur but only with one character, Leliana, just as only one gay relationship is possible with Antonio Banderas.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So the mod adds another opportunity?

Again, what exactly does the mod do?

Dave

Dave

So the mod adds another opportunity?

Again, what exactly does the mod do?
It does nothing other than to allow another female character to have a lesbian fling. In game, Morrigan won't respond to anyone other than men. With the patch she'll hump anyone.

That's all. There's already lesbianism allowed just as there is gay sex for men. But this changes the sexual preferences for one of the first female NPCs you meet.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm guessing the relationship is all text and not Mass Effect style?

Dave

Dave

They enter the tent....

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Two girls enter, two women leave?

Chibibar

They enter the tent....[/QUOTE]

there are some animation like caressing and such, but no full outright "thrusting" if you know what I mean

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 11th
Dragon Age: Origins $40
Only $10-off. It's currently cheaper from the EA store using the coupon code I linked to yesterday, and that's a downloadable version as well. (They don't seem to have the PC Collectors Edition offered, but they do have the "Digital Deluxe Edition". I haven't been interested in the game, so I don't know what the differences in versions are.)

Tomorrow's game is The Sims 3 or one of it's expansions. (How odd that those two are back-to-back)

Steam has Samarost 2 (from the makers of Machinarium) for $2.50 during it's first week on Steam.

Impulse has the Odd Combo Pack for $5 (Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus)

For 360 and PS3 gamers, Best Buy and Amazon have
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 for $45 (99 cent shipping for BB, free from Amazon)
PS3 version of the deal
or the Hardened Edition of the game for $60 on either platform from Amazon.com

Best Buy also has:
Dead Space for PS3 or Xbox 360 for $15 + $1 s&h

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's Holiday sale for Dec 12th
The Sims 3 $40

Tomorrow: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Newegg has multiple games on sale, among them:
Elite Beat Agents for Nintendo DS for $7
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for PS3 or 360 for $22
House of the Dead: Overkill for Wii $13

Rumor says that Target will have a number of DS games on sale for $25 starting Sunday. Including LoZ: Spirit Tracks, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story.

Chibibar

Dreamkiller multi (trying out the demo-full) sucks.... I join random internet game and it was soooooo laggy I can hardly move (died like 4-5 times before I can even move a single step)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dreamkiller multi (trying out the demo-full) sucks.... I join random internet game and it was soooooo laggy I can hardly move (died like 4-5 times before I can even move a single step)
I posted my thoughts on the single player in the "what are you playing?" thread. That game is awful.

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 13, 2009
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor $30

Tomorrow: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

Target really does have Nintendo DS games on sale for $25, like I mentioned yesterday. Online as well as in-store.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So the only ones sold out at Target are:

Jonas Brothers, My Sweet 16 and Style Savvy?

:facepalm:

figmentPez

figmentPez

So the only ones sold out at Target are:

Jonas Brothers, My Sweet 16 and Style Savvy?

:facepalm:
*psst* Shego, no need to be disappointed that there aren't any copies left for you. I don't think My Sweet 16 is what you think it is.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, let's try and re-create what I already posted:

D2D has Tiger Wood's something-somethign 08 on sale for $10. Find the link yourself, it's the same one for every other D2D holiday sale entry. <Re-insert SeriousJay's joke about "now with more holes">

Tomorrow, Need for Speed something-or-other

Steam has a week long sale on all games from Kalypso Media Digital Notable games include: Tropico Reloaded, Tropico 3 and the Broken Sword series.

Amazon has Batman: Arkham Asylum for 360 or PS3 for $35 + free shipping (Collector's edition for $60)
and The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for $25 + free shipping (matching Target's price, not sure about shipping cost there)

Buy.com has Fallout 3 for 360 for $30 + free shipping

Dell has a 12-month Xbox Live subscription card for $35 + free shipping

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 15th
Need for Speed ProStreet $5

Tomorrow: Section 8 (Metacritic score: 72)

Steam's midweek madness sale is The Last Remnant for $10.

EA's store sale is now even better. Buy two downloadable titles, and get 40%-off, plus you can use the 30% off coupon from earlier. If you can find two downloadable titles you want, that should be a pretty good deal. Games not available for download, like L4D2, don't apply, nor do expansion packs. An example: Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition ($65) and, say, Mercenaries 2 ($10), with both discounts applied, the price for the two together is $31.45. Other downloadable titles include: The Saboteur, Mass Effect, The Sims 3, Dead Space and more.

Today only Amazon.com has Assassin's Creed 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 for $40 + free shipping

Also, Amazon's Gold Box deals today are for PS3.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow, Last Remnant. I actually bought that game months ago and completely forgot about it! :rofl:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Damnit... I wish I had the cash for that.

Chibibar

Go fig that Dragon Age Origin would go on sale... shego did you already got it?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Nope, I'm holding out for a hardcopy boxed CE edition. (Which will never go on sale so just waiting on the cash)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nope, I'm holding out for a hardcopy boxed CE edition. (Which will never go on sale so just waiting on the cash)
So, you just want the box to look pretty on your shelf? Or was there other cool stuff in the collector's edition?

Also, for anyone who doesn't own Team Fortress 2 yet, there is a free weekend starting Thursday, when the new Soldier/Demoman update goes live. Join in and give Shego some easy targets!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That EA sale is pretty cool. Unfortunately I already own the stuff I'd be interested in besides Dead Space. I know everyone's raving about Dragon Age, but nothing said or shown has snared me with to that with any interest.

Chibibar

So, you just want the box to look pretty on your shelf? Or was there other cool stuff in the collector's edition?

Also, for anyone who doesn't own Team Fortress 2 yet, there is a free weekend starting Thursday, when the new Soldier/Demoman update goes live. Join in and give Shego some easy targets![/QUOTE]

It looks sooooo pretty!!!!!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Stuff in the Dragon Age CE that is not in the digital download deluxe edition:

Collectable and limited edition steel case
Cloth map of the world
Bonus dvd
A making of documentary
Digital soundtrack
Wallpapers
Concept art video
Strategy video

Basically the Map and Documentary are the reason I'm holding out..... and yes the Steel Box. :biggrin1:

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D Holiday sale for Dec 16
Section 8 $12.50

Tomorrow: Resident Evil 5

Amazon has Square-Enix games on sale for $10 each:
The World Ends With You (DS)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV (DS)

(I might pick up FF4 myself, if I can figure out what to pad my order with that I didn't put on the wish list my mom asked me to make. I wonder how much shipping is if I don't go over $25... oh, dealnews has the anwer, $5.)

Amazon also has L4D2 on sale. $30 PC, $40 360. Nothing that hasn't been seen before, or won't be seen again.

Best Buy is offering buy one 360 game, get another 50%-off.

Impulse has EVE Online: Dominion on sale for $10

GOG has some sort of holiday event coming up. Probably a sale, but possibly adding a new publisher as well.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

God damn it... I JUST bought FFIV off of Amazon a month ago. I had better still qualify for that Retroactive discount they give when they put stuff on sale after you've bought it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm very VERY tempted to pick up WEwY. I just have so many game currently unfinished atm. :devil:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm very VERY tempted to pick up WEwY. I just have so many game currently unfinished atm. :devil:
Get it. It's one of the most original and fun games that Square Enix has released in the past 5 years.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I realized I could pad my order by getting some DVD+R discs. I'm down to my last 3. I was still 23¢ short of getting free shipping though. Glad I had this site in my bookmarks: Amazon Filler Item Finder. Found a box of crayons for $1.18.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That link is awesome figment, thank you!

Though you should have gone with http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0914936050/ref=nosim/krisssoccersi-20/

figmentPez

figmentPez

Ah, I see the forum is still breaking Amazon links.

Edit: But they work in quotes. Go figure. I'd still rather have the crayons.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm in the same boat; seeing games I want, but there's too much unfinished. I don't know about you, but significant other says I gotta finish some before I can buy more. Otherwise I'd have some more Wii VC games downloaded.

Oh Ocarina of Time, how I miss you...

Bowielee

Bowielee

D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 15th
Need for Speed ProStreet $5

Tomorrow: Section 8 (Metacritic score: 72)

Steam's midweek madness sale is The Last Remnant for $10.

EA's store sale is now even better. Buy two downloadable titles, and get 40%-off, plus you can use the 30% off coupon from earlier. If you can find two downloadable titles you want, that should be a pretty good deal. Games not available for download, like L4D2, don't apply, nor do expansion packs. An example: Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition ($65) and, say, Mercenaries 2 ($10), with both discounts applied, the price for the two together is $31.45. Other downloadable titles include: The Saboteur, Mass Effect, The Sims 3, Dead Space and more.

Today only Amazon.com has Assassin's Creed 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 for $40 + free shipping

Also, Amazon's Gold Box deals today are for PS3.
Just a warning to people who haven't used it. The EA downloader is ASS.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG's big event today: Tex Murphy 1 & 2 for free. I've never played them, but this isn't the first time I've heard of them, either. Anyone know if they're worth the bandwidth?

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 17th:
Resident Evil 5 $25

Tomorrow is Trine. Excellent game, and I highly recommend it.

Popcap Games is having a 50%-off holiday sale... which only goes to show that their games are overpriced. Example: Popcap's sale price on Plants Vs. Zombies is $9.95, Steam's regular price is $9.99, and Steam had it on sale for $5 end of November. However, this might be a good deal for Mac users, since I don't know anywhere else to buy Popcap games for the Mac.

Jay

Jay

Got Zombies vs Plants for my fiancee when it was 5$. She's addicted to it. Now she's willing to watch 28 Days Later with me... we'll watch it this weekend.

Zombie vs Plants..... it changes relationships.

<3

Chibibar

Got Zombies vs Plants for my fiancee when it was 5$. She's addicted to it. Now she's willing to watch 28 Days Later with me... we'll watch it this weekend.

Zombie vs Plants..... it changes relationships.

<3
my wife keep singing the song ;)

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG's has the Might and Magic series on sale. Heroes of Might and Magic 1 - 3 for $7 each, a 6-pack of the Might and Magic games for $7 or buy all the games for $20.

D2D's Holiday sale for Dec 18th
Trine $10

Tomorrow: Civilization IV

The Team Fortress 2 free weekend is going on now. Plus the game is on sale for $10

Chibibar

GOG's has the Might and Magic series on sale. Heroes of Might and Magic 1 - 3 for $7 each, a 6-pack of the Might and Magic games for $7 or buy all the games for $20.

D2D's Holiday sale for Dec 18th
Trine $10

Tomorrow: Civilization IV

The Team Fortress 2 free weekend is going on now. Plus the game is on sale for $10
WOO!! join us! join us! we need more target.. I mean players! (Team Fortress 2)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Fig has had TF2 for a while. :slywink:

Chibibar

Fig has had TF2 for a while. :slywink:
I figure. It was mainly aim to the rest of the forum ;)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Torchlight is getting Steam Cloud support, and achievements, so it's on sale this weekend for $10

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's Holiday sale for Dec 19th
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $16

Tomorrow: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct 2 Dive is having an extra sale:
Not sure how long the sale lasts.
Note: This game has SecuROM copy protection.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Just a heads up for anyone if Thief: Deadly Shadows ever pops up again, the D2D version does NOT work at all with Vista or Windows 7. Every other version works, apparently except for D2D's version, which sucks, because I just redownloaded it and after much googling, found out that it doesn't work and they won't support it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 20th
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II $20

Tomorrow: Machinarium

Stardock's Impulse has a lot of games on sale. The only game I know to be good is Trine for $10, but there are over 50 titles that are discounted.

Amazon has The Twilight Saga: New Moon The Movie Board Game for $3.99

Best Buy has Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii for $20 + $3 s&h

Okay, just kidding with the Twilight game before, Amazon does have board games on sale.
Cranium (awesome party game) $10
Pictionary $13
Scattergories $13
and more

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Damnit, I really want to pick up Metroid Prime, but I've been holding out for the CE....

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Craaap. I asked for that for Christmas from my mom. Now either she paid $50 for it, or I won't be getting it and I'll miss the sale waiting to see.

And Shego, that IS the collector's edition according to the cover image.

TwoBit

I've been waiting to get the Metroid Prime Trilogy when it came down in price, but I'm really broke right now. I don't even have 20 bucks to blow on the vidjeo games.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't trust images on retail websites, none the less I went to Best Buy to confirm:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nice choice in mouse, Shego, I've got the same model.

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 21st
Machinarium $10

Tomorrow: Champions Online

GOG has 171 games on sale until January 3rd (Only 100 will show in the Recommended category, check out the genres to see more). Notable titles include: The Fallout series ($4 each), The Longest Journey ($7), Psychonauts ($7.50), Unreal Tournament 2004 ($7.50), Giants: Citizen Kabuto ($4), Painkiller Black Edition ($7) and if I missed any great games make sure to mention them yourself.

Jay

Jay

M&M's!!!!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't trust images on retail websites, none the less I went to Best Buy to confirm:

Want. <3

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

M&M's!!!!
Peanut Butter M&Ms, recognize!

No, you can't have my M&Ms, they're already eaten. :devil:

figmentPez

figmentPez

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 22nd
Champions Online $30

Tomorrow: Torchlight

Fallout 3: GOTY is on sale at Amazon PS3 or 360 for $40, PC for $30

Chibibar

D2D's holiday sale for Dec 22nd
Champions Online $30

Tomorrow: Torchlight

Fallout 3: GOTY is on sale at Amazon PS3 or 360 for $40, PC for $30
I am so pissed!! :) I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY because I only purchase fall out 3 and getting all 5 expansion was cheaper this way (got it for 40$)

I could have save another 10$ :(

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm completely broke at Fallout 3 GOTY edition is finally within my acceptable price range. Arrrrgh.

Granted I could just upgrade my current version as the xpacs I'm missing are Achorage, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. But having it all on one installing disk would be great.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Steam Holiday Sale has begun, and lasts until January 3rd.

The first "day" of one-day sales (which still has over 39 hours to go as I type this):
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $20
Grand Theft Auto IV $7.50
Mirror's Edge $5
Defense Grid: The Awakening $2.50
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl $2

Longer lasting deals include:
- Telltale Everything Pack $50 (Bone, Sam & Max S1 & S2, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit and Telltale Texas Hold 'Em)
- Evil Genius $2
- Lucas Arts Adventure Pack $2.50 (The Dig, Loom & 2 Indiana Jones games. I think I'll get this one)
- Ghostbusters $7
- The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $7
- Braid $2.50
- World of Goo $5
- Trine $8
- Titan Quest Gold $10

Nearly everything Steam has to offer is on sale, actually. It might be easier to list what's not on sale. If there's a game you've been waiting for a sale on, you might want to check what it's going for.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:eek:

:drool:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

God fucking dammit I just spend $100 for two copies of Borderlands!

Well, Braid is $2.50, and Universe at War is $5... I guess I can still save money, but shitting hell fuckfingers, we just bought it two weeks ago.

Chibibar

The Steam Holiday Sale has begun, and lasts until January 3rd.

The first \"day\" of one-day sales (which still has over 39 hours to go as I type this):
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $20
Mirror's Edge $5

Longer lasting deals include:
- Telltale Everything Pack $50 (Bone, Sam & Max S1 & S2, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit and Telltale Texas Hold 'Em)
- Evil Genius $2
- Lucas Arts Adventure Pack $2.50 (The Dig, Loom & 2 Indiana Jones games. I think I'll get this one)
- Ghostbusters $7
- The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $7
- Braid $2.50
- World of Goo $5
- Trine $8
- Titan Quest Gold $10

Nearly everything Steam has to offer is on sale, actually. It might be easier to list what's not on sale. If there's a game you've been waiting for a sale on, you might want to check what it's going for.
Holy SNARP!!! I just got STALKER too and Mirror's edge :( bleh..

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, I think these Steam sales exist to make the impatient ones of us feel dumb as hell.

Guess I'll snap up the Borderlands extra content for a few dollars less...

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, I think these Steam sales exist to make the impatient ones of us feel dumb as hell.

Guess I'll snap up the Borderlands extra content for a few dollars less...
Tell me about it. If I had bought half my games through steam after waiting just a few months, I'd have way more money than I currently do.

That's why I'm waiting on Dragon Age Origins and Borderlands before buying.

I will not wait for Mass Effect 2, though.

Jay

Jay

figment pez never stop this!

JONJONAUG

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqUwfgqjrFM9dDFXWk5vUkptMTJkNUR6UDZIQS1IX1E&hl=en

So somethingawful got this list going, it is everything currently on sale with sale price in dollars, pounds, and euros.

figmentPez

figmentPez

figment pez never stop this!
Damn it! Now I have two threads people want me to continue forever. *sigh* At least this one doesn't take up nearly as much time as the Cosplay thread.

Thanks JONJONAUG for that list of Steam games on sale, especially since it's sorted by percent-off.

D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 23rd
Torchlight $10

Tomorrow: Dragon Age: Origins (again? Maybe it's the digital deluxe edition this time? And I think that's the last day of the one-a-day sales, but Christmas day will have more games)

Amazon has the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows (that's the one that comes with a USB adapter to connect it to a PC) for $40.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I highly recommend that controller, though a bit of a battery hog, it's fantastic for playing PC games like GTAIV and Tomb Raider style games.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I highly recommend that controller, though a bit of a battery hog, it's fantastic for playing PC games like GTAIV and Tomb Raider style games.
The number of PC titles (mostly console ports) that make good use of a 360 controller has ballooned in the past couple years. I've got a wired MadCatz pad, because it was a lot cheaper than a wireless option, but if a wireless controller had been only $40 instead of $60+... Either way, I've gotten a lot more use out of my controller than I thought I would. Batman Arkham Asylum, Overlord, Trine, Braid... so many games I think I've forgotten what one I bought it for. Possibly Psychonauts.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Overlord 1 and 2 are an absolute DREAM to play on the PC with the Xbox 360 controller. I have the wired variety. I think Overlord 1 was the reason I originally got one back when I used to play it on Gametap.

R

Raemon777

Okay, I see the Witcher on sale on Steam, which I keep hearing about, but haven't gotten to play an actual demo yet so I'm wary.

I'm also curious: is the "Director's Cut" version of the game (the one on sale) going to be censored (aka American) or uncensored (aka European?). I'm not sure which I'd actually prefer, but I'd like to know beforehand.

JONJONAUG

Okay, I see the Witcher on sale on Steam, which I keep hearing about, but haven't gotten to play an actual demo yet so I'm wary.

I'm also curious: is the "Director's Cut" version of the game (the one on sale) going to be censored (aka American) or uncensored (aka European?). I'm not sure which I'd actually prefer, but I'd like to know beforehand.
Well when I played the game I saw dryad boobies.

So I'd assume it is uncensored.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm also curious: is the \"Director's Cut\" version of the game (the one on sale) going to be censored (aka American) or uncensored (aka European?). I'm not sure which I'd actually prefer, but I'd like to know beforehand.
The Steam news release from back when the Director's Cut came out says: "Experience the PC RPG of the Year (PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN) as the developers intended in The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, with mature content not previously available to North American gamers." So it's uncensored.

JONJONAUG

The Witcher is a very solid RPG with some really solid gameplay and great potions/buffs, combat, and leveling systems in place. Everything bad or kinda weird about it (voice acting, a good deal of the main story, the main character's tendency to use his super stamina and immunity to disease to get drunk a lot and have sex with a good deal of the female NPCs) is either just bad enough to be really funny without damaging the experience too much, or ends up becoming a rather endearing if really weird gameplay mechanic.

Probably the best thing about it is that your choices do matter and there is room for ethical decision making but without any dumb karma meters. In addition to this, the choices aren't so much between good and evil as between one evil and a lesser evil (for example, early on in the game you can either give a witch up to be burned at the stake or kill the ones wanting to burn her, the ones that want to burn her are blaming the witch for causing a bunch of problems in their lives even though they are directly responsible, but the witch isn't entirely without blame as she enabled a good deal of these crimes and did nothing to stop them herself).

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I still say the best "karma" system was handled by Jade Empire. You could choose to be Open Palm or Closed Fist, but those options also had leeway for good or evil. For Example:

- A Good Open Palm person would stop some bullies from stealing from a child, in order to teach the bullies humility and respect for others. A Good Closed Fist follower would be the bully taking the money, but would return all of the money he stole once the child stood up to him, as the child had finally gained the confidence to stop being a victim.

- An Evil Closed Fist follower would run raids on a small town, taking whatever he wanted from the cold dead hands of those who opposed him. An Evil Open Palm follower would subtly use his influence to keep the lower classes in check, in order to "teach them their place in the order of things".

It was quite refreshing really, to have both extremes have branches that determined how the philosophy was used.

R

Raemon777

Jade Empire sounds pretty cool.

As for Witcher, I guess one way to phrase the question: how does the Witcher compare to Dragon Age? They sound like pretty similar games.

Edit: Oh also, how's The Void? It's $10 right now. The reviews basically say it's clever and interesting but insanely punishing in not-necessarily-fun ways. Any other insight someone can give?

@Li3n

@Li3n

For anyone in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261668808&sr=8-2

Luckily my aunt knows someone there, so i bought it and didn't have to pay for delivery... now they only have to deliver it by the 30th so i don't have to pay for any shipping. Wish me luck.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Wow... they upped the price by 1.5 pounds since an hour ago when i bought it...

Chibibar

For anyone in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261668808&sr=8-2

Luckily my aunt knows someone there, so i bought it and didn't have to pay for delivery... now they only have to deliver it by the 30th so i don't have to pay for any shipping. Wish me luck.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Wow... they upped the price by 1.5 pounds since an hour ago when i bought it...
one of us! one of us!

Chibibar

New Deal on Steam for next 24 hours (23 now when I post this)

Left 4 Dead 2 - 33.49$!!!!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

ID pack (wolfenstien and other games)
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/ for 23.79$ (good deal)

figmentPez

figmentPez

The other Steam sales for today are:

Need for Speed: Shift $37.50 (meh)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $10
Football Manager 2010 $30

NOTE: Some of these games were already at a discount (L4D2 went down from $37.50 to $33.50), so you might want to wait to see if a game will be part of a one-day sale before buying. (Unless it's already insanely cheap. I really doubt the Lucas Arts Adventure pack is going to go below $2.50.)

D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 24th
Spore $20
Tomorrow: Who knows? Big Christmas sale.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Buy.com has Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Wii) for $13 + free shipping

Amazon has [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Darkside-Chronicles-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0020H46D8/?tag=dealnewscom"]Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles[/ame] for $30 + free shipping

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Holiday Sale one-day deals for Dec 25th
Resident Evil 5 $25
Cogs $2
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $7.50
Red Faction: Guerrilla $10
King's Bounty: Amored Princess $10
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation $1

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive's Year-End Blowout 50-some games on sale. (Presumably through Dec 31st) Notably:
Dragon Age: Origins $40
Prototype $20

Many of the other deals are met or bested by Steam's sale. Though if if the sale lasts past today, D2D's price for Resident Evil 5 ($25) will beat Steam after the one-day sale is over.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Did not get Metroid Prime trilogy for Christmas.

Missed sale, as all stores in my area do not have it, and they no longer are shipping it.

Suck...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's One-day holiday deals for Dec 26th are:
Dragon Age: Origins $37.50
Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition $49
Torchlight $5
Lumines (Base + Advance Pack) $3
Prototype $20
Universe at War: Earth Assault $5
Star Wars Premier Pack $25 (Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Republic Commando, Star Wars Starfighter, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Knights of the Old Republic)

Both GOG and D2D still have their holiday sales going on. So far I've grabbed Psychonauts from GOG, and Red Faction: Guerrilla and the Lucas Arts Adventure Pack from Steam, but it's going to take an even bigger deal to make me buy any more. I've got way too many unfinished games right now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Can anyone tell me the big difference between DAO: DDE and getting the CE in person other than like the map and documentary? I'm starting to wane in my decision to wait on the CE when Amazon lifted the price to $85.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The Star Wars pack was at 9.99 for a couple minutes, probably by accident.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Can anyone tell me the big difference between DAO: DDE and getting the CE in person other than like the map and documentary? I'm starting to wane in my decision to wait on the CE when Amazon lifted the price to $85.
Collectors Editions usually only go up in price over time, unless it's for something like an MMO. You might want to snag that as soon as you can.

R

Raemon777

Gah! Torchlight's only five bucks now?

I really feel like I should get that, but the fact is I didn't think it was all that great a game, and in fact it's starting to make me question my decision to get Diablo II. I really don't like the point and click aspect of it. It removes a visceral feel that direct keyboard control would provide.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day deals for Dec 27th
Hearts of Iron III $7.50
Zombie Driver $2.50
Day of Defeat: Source $2.50
Dead Space $10
Complete PopCap Collection $50

Amazon has:
A Boy and His Blob for $20 ($5 shipping, or free with a $25+ order)
Wii Sports Resort with Wii MotionPlus for $39
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360 & PS3) for $40

Best Buy has:
Assassin's Creed (360) for $40 (free shipping)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $40 ($3 shipping)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hmm, Dead Space... that one's tempting.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dead Space, you're mine.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I didn't even know Xbox Live had sales, but apparently Flalout 3 DLC is currently 50%-off.

Now if only Nintendo can stop taking crazy pills and bring back Players' Choice games, and have some sales on Wii-ware as well.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Went for Dead Space in the end. First game I've ever bought via Steam!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition is back up to $40+ on Amazon :(

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I didn't even know Xbox Live had sales, but apparently Flalout 3 DLC is currently 50%-off.

Now if only Nintendo can stop taking crazy pills and bring back Players' Choice games, and have some sales on Wii-ware as well.
Nintendo's position is not to reduce the price on anything until they have too, as price reductions encourage people to wait until the drop to get stuff. They are intent on squeezing as much cash as they can out of everyone this generation.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Damn it, where did my post from earlier go?

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to recreate it. Stupid flaky internet connection!

Check out the Steam sales for yourself. Plus, deals on Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Lego: Rock Band, and more at Amazon and elsewhere.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nintendo's position is not to reduce the price on anything until they have too, as price reductions encourage people to wait until the drop to get stuff. They are intent on squeezing as much cash as they can out of everyone this generation.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's position is wrong. It's not the way to get the most money, especially when it comes to downloadable software. Valve is doing really well showing that with all the sales on Steam.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Today's Steam sales (for the next 14 or so hours) are:

Bioshock $5
Prey - SOLD OUT (ran out of keys)
Space Siege $5
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box $7.49
Killing Floor $5
The Orange Box $15

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hmm, I really want to get Bioshock but it's not showing up on the list. Nor does it show up at all when I search the Steam games. I guess they don't want people in my region buying it.

Chibibar

Today's Steam sales (for the next 14 or so hours) are:

Bioshock $5
Prey - SOLD OUT (ran out of keys)
Space Siege $5
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box $7.49
Killing Floor $5
The Orange Box $15
I was gonna get Prey, can't believe they sold out wow.. (that is the first I have seen Steam actually ran out of keys)

Hylian

Hylian

Metal Gear Solid 4 is on sale from Amazon for only $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQ2D5E/ref=oss_T15_product?tag=dealswoot-20

figmentPez

figmentPez

I was gonna get Prey, can't believe they sold out wow.. (that is the first I have seen Steam actually ran out of keys)
The sellout is quite interesting. Especially since Bioshock seems to be a replacement title, since it wasn't on the list this morning.

Today's Steam sales, Dec 29th
Stormrise $7.50
Jade Empire $3.75
King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame $20
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor $7.50
Silent Hill Homecoming $10
Mr. Robot $2

Chibibar

The sellout is quite interesting. Especially since Bioshock seems to be a replacement title, since it wasn't on the list this morning.

Today's Steam sales, Dec 29th
Stormrise $7.50
Jade Empire $3.75
King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame $20
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor $7.50
Silent Hill Homecoming $10
Mr. Robot $2[/QUOTE]

good for me :) I bought it cause that way I don't need to find my DVD for it ;) (plus it was cheap)

bhamv3

bhamv3

How's Jade Empire? I like Bioware's stuff, I enjoyed Mass Effect and Dragon Age, would I like Jade Empire?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

How's Jade Empire? I like Bioware's stuff, I enjoyed Mass Effect and Dragon Age, would I like Jade Empire?
Jade Empire is KOTOR if it was an action game set in China, with more freedom to decide what good and evil means to you. It's pretty damn good and the recent PC version actually has some extra content.

Chibibar

Jade Empire is KOTOR if it was an action game set in China, with more freedom to decide what good and evil means to you. It's pretty damn good and the recent PC version actually has some extra content.[/QUOTE]

plus it is only like $4, you can't quite go wrong with that :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

i really enjoyed Jade Empire back when I got it on Steam when it first came out.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day deals for Dec 30th
FIFA Manager 10 $33.50
Call of Duty: World at War $25
Left 4 Dead $7.50
Max Payne $2.50
Sid Meier's Civilization IV $7
Osmos $2

figmentPez

figmentPez

Castle Crashers (Xbox 360) is on sale for 560 MS points ($7). Today only, but I don't know when exactly the day ends.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day deals for Dec 31st
Medieval II: Total War $5
Crysis Maximum Edition $13.60
Half-Life: Source $3.50
Street Fighter IV $10
Multiwinia + Darwinia $3
Shattered Horizon $5

It's the last day of Direct2Drive's sale, and GOG's sale lasts through Jan 3rd.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day deals for Jan 1st 2010
DOOM Complete Pack $13.60
Sam & Max Complete Seasons 1 & 2 $15
Mass Effect $5
Portal $5
RedLynx Trials 2: Second Edition $2.50
Devil May Cry 4 $22.50

Amazon has cheap Microsoft Points: 1600 points for $18 (but shipping ruins the deal unless your order is over $25) and 4,000 points for $45

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day sales for Jan 2nd
Trine $5
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition $5
Counter-Strike: Source $5
Painkiller: Collectors Pack $8.75 (Black Edition, Resurrection and Overdose)
Command & Conquer Games
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars $10.19
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath $6.79
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 $10.19
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising $6.79

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's one-day sales for Jan 2nd
Trine $5
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition $5
Counter-Strike: Source $5
Painkiller: Collectors Pack $8.75 (Black Edition, Resurrection and Overdose)
Command & Conquer Games
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars $10.19
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath $6.79
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 $10.19
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising $6.79

figmentPez

figmentPez

Final day of Steam's one-day holiday sales, January 3rd 2010
BioShock $5
Torchlight $5
Left 4 Dead 2 $33.50
Killing Floor $5

It's the last day of GOG's holiday sale.

bhamv3

bhamv3

And that's the second time they won't let me buy Bioshock. Bah.

I'm tempted to start begging my friends in other countries to gift it to me. (No, this is not me begging you guys)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I can't help but notice that Giants: Citizen Kabuto is up on that GoG site.

If you never played it, GET THAT GAME. It's one of the most underrated games of all time.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo DS) for $16 at Amazon. Shipping is ~$5, or free if your order is over $25.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's weekend sale is Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $7

Amazon has Gears of War 2 for $28

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness has the King's Bounty series on sale for 75%-off
King's Bounty: Gold Edition $11.25 (Includes both other titles)
King's Bounty: The Legend $5
King's Bounty: Armored Princess $10

I won't be in town to post whatever deals go up this weekend. (Baww! I might miss out on some awesome sale because I'm on a cruise! Poor me!)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Bioshock 2 is available for pre-purchase on Steam, and it comes with Bioshock for free.

Urge to beg for Bioshock gift... rising...

@Li3n

@Li3n

It does nothing other than to allow another female character to have a lesbian fling. In game, Morrigan won't respond to anyone other than men. With the patch she'll hump anyone.

See, this is what gay marriage leads to... formerly straight videogame characters being turned to the homosexual life style...

Zumbo Prime

See, this is what gay marriage leads to... formerly straight videogame characters being turned to the homosexual life style...[/QUOTE]
And this a bad thing, because...?

Dave

Dave

See, this is what gay marriage leads to... formerly straight videogame characters being turned to the homosexual life style...[/QUOTE]
And this a bad thing, because...?[/QUOTE]

It makes him feel all funny. Like when he climbed that rope in gym class.

Zumbo Prime

It makes him feel all funny. Like when he climbed that rope in gym class.[/QUOTE]
Took me a beat to get that. Heh.

Hey, if C&C3 goes on sale again, would anyone mind sending me an email? I don't get a chance to check here every day.

@Li3n

@Li3n

It makes him feel all funny. Like when he climbed that rope in gym class.[/QUOTE]

Rope?! We had no rope over here in gym class... we had to make do with climbing hard, cold metal poles...

Overflight

The entire Company Of Heroes franchise (the game plus the Opposing Fronts and Tales Of Valor expansions) is now for sale on Steam for 11.5 Euros.

Anyone who hasn't played CoH and is a fan of RTS really needs to check this out. It's definitely one of my favorite RTS from recent years.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG has Cyan games on sale this weekend. Myst: Masterpiece Edition, Riven and The Manhole are $4.50 each.
Plus, they've got something bigger in the works. There's a countdown timer on the front page saying "Expect the unexcelled". I have no idea what that means, I guess I'll have to wait until... Thursday(?) to find out.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness is Psychonauts for only $2. If you like 3D platformers, or can even tolerate them for awesome art and storytelling, then you need to play this game. I got it from GOG for $7.50 during their holiday sale, and I thought that was a fantastic deal for such a great game.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'd buy it for that cheap, but it handles awful on PC in my opinion. I need a controller for that kind of game.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'd buy it for that cheap, but it handles awful on PC in my opinion. I need a controller for that kind of game.
Um, there are about 50 billion different controllers for the PC, including the regular old Xbox 360 controller. For psychonauts, however, I would avoid the Xbox controller, it has issues with keymapping. for some reason it doesn't recognize all the shoulder buttons or the hat buttons. There is a really good and cheap logitec controller that apes the PS2 controller that I found to work pretty well for the game.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Totally going to be scouring this thread for the ME2 sale....

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Hey hey... they game just came out. It's going to take a week or two before it goes on sale :lol:

figmentPez

figmentPez

For psychonauts, however, I would avoid the Xbox controller, it has issues with keymapping. for some reason it doesn't recognize all the shoulder buttons or the hat buttons.
Both times I've played through Psychonauts I've used my MadCatz Xbox 360 controller, and it worked well enough. I had to get creative with key-mapping because it didn't recognize the analog triggers as buttons, but I had no problem mapping to the digital pad. I had enough buttons for all the commands, even if I had to put Cancel in a completely non-intuitive place to make room for a psychic power button on the face buttons. (Additionally, there is 3rd party software that will allow you to make the analog triggers act like buttons, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I didn't know about it the first time I played, and didn't bother for the second playthrough).

How much of a sale are you looking for, and which version of the game?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Version? I thought the CE editions only had "extra armor/weapons"?

I usually go up to $30 for an RPG.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Version? I thought the CE editions only had "extra armor/weapons"?

I usually go up to $30 for an RPG.
Well, I also wanted to make sure you were going with the PC version and not the 360, but the Digital Deluxe version has:
* Collector Armor and Assault Rifle - Two bonus in-game items: advanced regeneration armor and a powerful enemy-shredding assault rifle.
* Incisor Rifle - Bonus in-game weapon. Firing three shots with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor Rifle is designed to decimate shields.
* Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience.
* Digital Art Book* - The art book contains 48 pages of stunning full color artwork including captions from the Mass Effect 2 team.
* Digital Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic* - Redemption follows Liara T’Soni’s dangerous mission to find Commander Shepard.
* Documentary Video* - Featuring behind-the-scenes and making-of videos, the Mass Effect 2 documentary takes a look at how the game was made.

I hope Valve never starts charging for commentary. I've really enjoyed listening to it on HL2: Lost Cost/Ep1/Ep2, Portal, TF2, L4D1 and... wait, does L4D2 have a commentary mode? I need to check. I've also liked Telltale Games' commentary.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've never liked "Bonus content" from CE editions to be unbalancing weapons/armors for any game. Soundtracks I prefer to have in CD form (collection thing) since the MP3s are easily aquireable. I definitely prefer to have my artbook/comics in print format as well.

The documentary thing is about the only thing in that deluxe edition that's appealing.... and yes, I will always buy a game on PC before any console (with the exception of horrible ports like Saints Row 2).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Um, there are about 50 billion different controllers for the PC, including the regular old Xbox 360 controller. For psychonauts, however, I would avoid the Xbox controller, it has issues with keymapping. for some reason it doesn't recognize all the shoulder buttons or the hat buttons. There is a really good and cheap logitec controller that apes the PS2 controller that I found to work pretty well for the game.[/QUOTE]

Which then eliminates the $2 cost by buying a controller to inflate it beyond what I was saving.

But in any case, I decided to try the demo again, and after changing the camera controls a little, I managed to make it work more like FPS games do. Not perfect, but much more playable than before, so I got it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Which then eliminates the $2 cost by buying a controller to inflate it beyond what I was saving.
I felt that way about PC gamepads for a while too. I put off buying one for a long time because I couldn't justify getting it for just one game. Since I finally did get one, I've used it quite a bit. There have been a lot of PC games lately that make excellent use of a game pad. What I've played in the last couple years: Psychonauts, Overlord, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Trine, Braid, and Dreamfall. For most of those I definitely would not want to play them with mouse & keyboard.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I still wish that Oblivion had the native Xbox 360 support. One of the things I like about Bioshock is that when you change the controller to the Xbox 360 control scheme, it basically changes the game over to the Xbox version. Same with the overlord games. It's nice to play those games with the controller on my widescreen HD TV with the surroundsound while sitting on my couch.

Oddbot

I felt that way about PC gamepads for a while too. I put off buying one for a long time because I couldn't justify getting it for just one game. Since I finally did get one, I've used it quite a bit. There have been a lot of PC games lately that make excellent use of a game pad. What I've played in the last couple years: Psychonauts, Overlord, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Trine, Braid, and Dreamfall. For most of those I definitely would not want to play them with mouse & keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Instead of getting a gamepad I've been using one of those PS2 controller to USB converters for years. Cheaper if you already have a PS2 and probably better than most gamepads

theres a bunch here. http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCoQrQQwAw

JONJONAUG

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010

Sam and Max Season One for five dollars.

That's six episodic adventure games at about three to six hours each, for five dollars.

Everyone get this seriously.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Yes, Telltale makes awesome games. Get Sam & Max: Season 1 if you haven't already. It's hilarious.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Dammit. I own and haven't gotten to play the new Monkey Island still, but that Sam and Max is tempting. I loved the original back in the day.

chakz

I still wish that Oblivion had the native Xbox 360 support. One of the things I like about Bioshock is that when you change the controller to the Xbox 360 control scheme, it basically changes the game over to the Xbox version. Same with the overlord games. It's nice to play those games with the controller on my widescreen HD TV with the surroundsound while sitting on my couch.
I thought bioshock handled pretty well with the mouse and key board, why'd you switch it to an xbox 360 controller? More used to it?

Bowielee

Bowielee

I thought bioshock handled pretty well with the mouse and key board, why'd you switch it to an xbox 360 controller? More used to it?[/QUOTE]

As I said in my post. It's so I can play it sitting on my couch on my widescreen TV.

JONJONAUG

Dammit. I own and haven't gotten to play the new Monkey Island still, but that Sam and Max is tempting. I loved the original back in the day.
Get it now anyway, then play it after Monkey Island.

Hylian

Hylian

newegg.com is having a sale on a bunch of 360 games for $10 and less

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6 4024&page=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

Fun Size

Fun Size

Get it now anyway, then play it after Monkey Island.[/QUOTE]

Done and done. Now I just have to find some time. Maybe when the kids graduate in fifteen years or so...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has multiple deals this weekend:
Freedom Force Pack $2
X-COM Complete Pack $2
Tropico 3 $14

Direct2Drive has Red Faction: Guerrilla for $5 until Feb 4th

GOG.com announced a partnership with Activision. So far only Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers have been added, but more are coming. Here's hoping that Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force is one of them.

Gamestop has Assassin's Creed 2 for $40 (360 or PS3)

Bubble181

Bubble181

King's Bounty: Armored Princess $10
Why didn't I even know of the existence of this game?! I was a huge fan of the first one, dammit!

chakz

Steam's Mid-week Madness is Psychonauts for only $2. If you like 3D platformers, or can even tolerate them for awesome art and storytelling, then you need to play this game. I got it from GOG for $7.50 during their holiday sale, and I thought that was a fantastic deal for such a great game.
I would just like to say, that psychonauts is awesome, and imo handles fine on the computer with the exception of telekinesis which you can only map to right click if you want to use it correctly.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I thought bioshock handled pretty well with the mouse and key board, why'd you switch it to an xbox 360 controller? More used to it?[/QUOTE]

As I said in my post. It's so I can play it sitting on my couch on my widescreen TV.[/QUOTE]

Ooohhh right. I sort of glossed over that bit.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness is Titan Quest Gold for $5. A fun Diablo-esque action RPG.

Newegg.com has Mirror's Edge (PS3) for $10

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Weekend Sale: 50%-off Far Cry games
Far Cry $5
Far Cry 2 $10

Impulse has the Red Faction Pack (1, 2 & Guerrilla) for $22.50

figmentPez

figmentPez

Newegg has PS3 Games on sale
Overlord 2 $18
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas $13
and more

Jay

Jay

bump

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has the Total War games on sale this week. 10% - 66% off

Empire: Total War $13.59
Medieval II: Total War™ $6.79
Medieval II: Total War™ Kingdoms$5.09
Rome: Total War™ - Alexander $3.39
Rome: Total War™ - Gold $3.39
-All those in the Total War Mega Pack $20.39

Also:

Medieval II: Total War Gold $10.17 (Includes Game & Kingdom Expansion)
Rome: Total War Complete $3.39 (Includes Gold & Alexander)
Empire: Total War $13.59
Empire: Total War expansions $3 - $16

I might have missed some.

Direct2Drive has Overlord 2 for $10 , through Feb 12th

Xbox Live Gold members can get Turtles in Time Reshelled for 400 points, or Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for 800 points

Gamestop is offering 15%-off pre-orders of select games, via a coupon code, but I don't think it's a deal to pre-order games that don't have a release date or, in the case of the next Zelda game, even a final title.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Amazon has Xbox 360 Platinum Hits, Buy 2 get 1 Free
Prices for individual games range from $16 - $30 and titles include: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Halo 3, Fable 2, The Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Oblivion, Dead Rising, L4D1, Resident Evil 5 and more.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness: Trine for $5
Awesome game. Beautiful graphics, fun gameplay and great voice acting. I highly recommend this puzzle platformer.

Amazon.com has Fallout 3 (PS3) for $18 Shipping is $5, or free for orders over $25.

Chibibar

I just bought total war, but I don't think I'll play enough to buy the DLC (which is another 16$ for the whole set) for like 7 elite units or something.

Bowielee

Bowielee

For 5 bucks you really can't go wrong with Trine. Though it's a bit on the easy side, especially when you get the mage leveled up, it's well worth getting.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Lots of stuff on sale this weekend:

First up, Steam:
Weekend Deal is Mount and Blade for $5

Week-long deal: QuantZ (not the webcomic) for $3

THQ Sale: Family games for 50%-off The packs don't look very appealing (with titles like "Dr. Daisy Pet Vet", "John Deere Drive Green" and "Fetch It Again") but individual games seem to be on sale as well, notably:
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords $5

Also, the THQ Complete Pack is $50
Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Red Faction, Red Faction II, Red Faction Guerrilla, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Saints Row 2, Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition, Dark Crusade &- Soulstorm, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Stardock's Impulse has a slightly different THQ complete pack for $50 Someone can double check the differences, but the Impulse version has added Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and World of Zoo, but lacks Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II (though it has the rest of the Warhammer 40k games)

GOG has games on sale: Incredible Machine Mega Pack or Red Baron Pack for $5 each

Direct 2 Drive is having a "Be My Bloody Valentine" sale, until Feb 15th
Fallout 3 GOTY $25
Asassin's Creed $5
Prey $4
Europa Universalis III Complete $7.50
The Void $5
Devil May Cry 4 $15
Fort Zombie $2.50

Newegg has 360 and Wii games on sale
Unreal Tournament 3 (360) $9
Silent Hill: Homecoming (360) $10
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) $13
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii) $10
and lots of other games that don't stand out to me.

David

David

Playstation Network is offering flOw for free for today only. Dunno if it's a good game or not, just noticed it and downloading now. Figured I'd share the knowledge.

Also, Mount & Blade is an awesome game. I highly recommend grabbing the $5 deal on steam if you don't have it already.

Jay

Jay

First up, Steam:

Best game ever!

klew

klew

Playstation Network is offering flOw for free for today only. Dunno if it's a good game or not, just noticed it and downloading now. Figured I'd share the knowledge.
I bought the bundle the week I got the PS3, it's fun and mellow, one of the calmer, casual gaming experiences.

Soliloquy

First up, Steam:

Best game ever!
Man, I got dang close to taking over the entire kingdom in that game before my computer crashed and I lost my save.

Awesome game, but no way am getting back into it. Don't have that kind of time anymore.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games is offering Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for $10 until the end of the month. If you're a Homestar Runner fan, or just love adventure games, this is a great deal.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The free one they gave out on Trog's Day was pretty good. If you like Adventure games, you'll probably enjoy the series.

Bowielee

Bowielee

FYI, it's not on any sort of sale right now, but just thought I'd point out that Plants VS Zombies is now available for the iPod/iPhone on the app store for 2.99.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG.com has the Divinity games on sale. Divine Divinity for $4.19, Beyond Divinity for $6.99 or both for $7.98

Direct2Drive has Bionic Commando Rearmed for $7.50

figmentPez

figmentPez

Newegg has games on sale, with free shipping:
PC Games
Wii Games
360 Games
PS3 Games
Notable titles include:
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PC) $9
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PC) $5
Bionic Commando (360) $9 (PS3) $10

Dave

Dave

Shattered Horizon is free to play on Steam this weekend and 50% off to buy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has three games on sale.
- Hammerfight for $5, an indie game "about 2D battles of flying machines equipped with various slashing, piercing and blunt weaponry." The sale lasts until Tue March 2nd
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter for $7.50 until March 2nd
- Wings of Prey for $25 a WWII game with mediocre reviews. Sale lasts until Thursday.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has the Spellforce series of games on sale
Spellforce - Platinum Edition $3.74
Spellforce 2: Gold Edition $7.50 (both Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm)
SpellForce 2 – Shadow Wars $4.99
SpellForce 2 – Dragon Storm $4.99

Direct 2 Drive has strategy games on sale
Supreme Commander Gold $15
Theater of War $15
Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Gold Edition $2.50
Hearts Of Iron II Collection $10
Hearts Of Iron III $12
Hearts of Iron III with Sprite Packs Bundle $14
Tropico 3 $20

Impulse has Mount & Blade for $5

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG is having a sale on Majesco games. 30%-off individual games, 50%-off all four titles. Advent Rising and two Bloodrayne games don't strike me as very appealing, but Psychonauts for $7 (and DRM-free) is a good deal.

Microsoft has Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC) for $12.50 until March 1st. It's the first of 5 sales, the next starts March 5th. B:AA is an amazing game, and well worth a look.
EDIT: Fair warning, Microsoft doesn't mention it, but the game uses SecuROM copy protection.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Newegg has Bioshock 2 for $50 on 360 and PS3

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Midweek Madness has 7 indie games for $2/€2/£2 each, or all 7 for $10. The titles are: Gridrunner, Space Giraffe, Bullet Candy, Bob Came in Pieces, Altitude, Super Laser Racer, and Galcon Fusion. I haven't heard of any of these before now, so if anyone knows anything about one of them, speak up. Gridrunner was mentioned on Bytejacker ep57 but I haven't had a chance to check out the segment yet.

Amazon has Infamous (PS3) for $27

Soliloquy

Steam's Midweek Madness has 7 indie games for $2/€2/£2 each, or all 7 for $10. The titles are: Gridrunner, Space Giraffe, Bullet Candy, Bob Came in Pieces, Altitude, Super Laser Racer, and Galcon Fusion. I haven't heard of any of these before now, so if anyone knows anything about one of them, speak up. Gridrunner was mentioned on Bytejacker ep57 but I haven't had a chance to check out the segment yet.

Amazon has Infamous (PS3) for $27
I got the indie pack. There are some dang entertaining games in there.

Soliloquy

Scratch that. After trying more of them out, there are very few that are actually worth getting. Altitude is a pretty entertaining 2D dogfighting game, but Galcon Fusion is a planet-conquering "strategy" game that I've seen done a thousand times in Flash, Bullet Candy is little more than a sub-par geometry wars knockoff, and Gridrunner Revolution is an absurdly boring "shooter" that tries to take refuge in its bizarre visuals and audio, but that doesn't save it for one moment.

I have yet to try out Bob Came in Pieces, Space Giraffe, and Super Laser Rider, but so far the only game worth checking out is Altitude.

Soliloquy

Update:

Bob Came in Pieces is a fairly clever physics-based puzzle game that is well worth the price, Super Laser Rider is a mediocre top-down racer with elements of Mario Cart thrown in and psychedelic graphics, and Space Giraffe is just as dull and bizarre as GridRunner Revolution

Not a bad purchase, but I think I would have been better advised to just get Altitude and Bob Came in Pieces for $2 each.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Thanks for the reviews Soliloquy.

Direct 2 Drive has a much more interesting offering: Best of Indie Bundle Vol. 3 for $30 Includes: World of Goo, Braid, Machinarium, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Puzzlegeddon, Gish, The Maw, Cogs, Aaaaa! and Osmos. It's a more expensive bundle, but there are some amazing gems here.

D2D also has Sims bundles on sale. Sims 3 Tripe Bundle $55 and Sims 2 Mega Bundle $40

Both Newegg and Amazon have Madworld (Wii) for $10 but Newegg doesn't make you buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

Newegg also has Brutal Legend (360/PS3) for $20, with free shipping as well.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has the puzzle platformer Toki Tori on sale for $2.45 and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for $7.49

GOG has Real Myst for $4.49 or Uru: Complete Chronicles for $7.49 I'm thinking about grabbing Uru myself. I've played all the other Myst games, and enjoyed them.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Street Fighter IV is on sale for $20 at either Microsoft's Games on Demand or Stardock's Impulse. Microsoft's price lasts until Monday, I'm not sure about Impulse.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's Square Enix and Eidos week on Steam. Each day will have special deals on games.

Monday
$5 each for:
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War

$8 for:
Hitman Collection

$12 for:
Deus Ex Collection (wait, what?. Buying them individually is $10. FAIL!)

$17 for:
Deus Ex and Hitman Collection

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Amazon has Mass Effect 2 on sale. $30 for PC, $40 for 360. Free shipping on both.

Dei

Dei

Never mind post above me edited!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Aw man, Deus Ex is supposed to be good...

Hmm, how is Square-Enix the publisher of Batman: Arkham Asylum? How many companies have they acquired at this point?

Ah well, that'll likely be on sale this week.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Aw man, Deus Ex is supposed to be good...

Hmm, how is Square-Enix the publisher of Batman: Arkham Asylum? How many companies have they acquired at this point?

Ah well, that'll likely be on sale this week.
Square owns everything Eidos did, and routinely releases Western games in Japan these days. For instance, they were the publisher of Modern Warfare 2 in Japan.

Bowielee

Bowielee

FYI, Deus Ex IS good. It's the midpoint between System Shock 2 and Bioshock. The graphics are incredibly dated at this point, but still an awsome game.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Grabbed the Deus Ex and Hitman pack. If these games suck, I'm totally blaming you guys!

Six hours later:
All right, some feedback. The first Hitman game can't run properly without crashing constantly. Fire it up the first time, tried to go into the options menu, crashed. Started a new game, entered my name, crashed. Started another new game, got my guy up and running, enter the second room in the tutorial, crashed. I think it may have something to do with the game being too old and my computer being too new, so I'm going to play the other Hitman games first.

Deus Ex is... well, I'm torn about it. On the one hand, the story and voice acting and design are all really good. But the old graphics and clunky controls are getting to me. Now, I'm not a graphics whore, hell I play Dwarf Fortress obsessively, but I feel like the graphics in Deus Ex hamper my enjoyment of the game. Sometimes it's hard to tell which areas are dark enough to sneak in, for example. Or it's hard to tell where I'm supposed to be going, because a lot of the areas look quite similar. Also, maybe it's the controls (or maybe it's because I suck, perfectly possible) but it feels like my guy can't shoot straight. Almost every gunfight ends with me either dead or severely wounded, which then leads to me reloading the game and trying to find a sneakier solution - which isn't always fun, due to the graphical limitations I mentioned. I have a feeling if I played this game when it first game out, I'd be blown away. Now though... it's merely a good game, with flaws.

Still, though, I feel like I got my money's worth.

Telephius

Telephius

It has been awhile since I played Dues Ex 1 but don't you have to spec into certain weapons to not miss so much? Also I think crouching/prone may or may not help aim with certain weapon types but then again it has been awhile.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It has been awhile since I played Dues Ex 1 but don't you have to spec into certain weapons to not miss so much? Also I think crouching/prone may or may not help aim with certain weapon types but then again it has been awhile.
^This. Your going to miss a lot during the early parts of the game because you don't have the experience to make your aim steady. However, you can get three of the best weapons right at the very start of the game to help with this:

- GEP Gun: Request this from your brother at the start. It's only one your going to find for a VERY long time and it's invaluable for ether killing extremely hard foes or blowing up a door you don't want to waste a pick on.
- Sniper Rifle: You can find this on the island somewhere or you can get it from your brother. It's pretty simple to find. This is probably the best "Rifle" type weapon in the game.
- Crossbow: You can request this from your brother or find it on the island. Poison darts are a 1 hit kill as long as your willing to wait for it to do it's job. Flare Darts will sometimes light things on fire too. Just be sure not to use it against machines or the poison/fire effect won't work.

If you can get a Flamethrower, that's another good one. It'll one-shot any organic enemy like the Poison darts, as long as they don't jump into water.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Another tip, when using the stun baton make sure to do so from behind. If you try to stun someone from the front it will take multiple charges to take them down, from behind it should take just one.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Crap, almost forgot. Day two of the Square Enix / Eidos sale: (lasts until 8amPST Wednesday)
$14.99 Order of War
$9.99 Battlestations: Midway
$17.49 Battlestations: Pacific

$21.99 Battlestations Collection

$28.89 Battlestations + Order of War Bundle

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Apparently trying to keep up with Steam's Mac accounement, Direct 2 Drive has all their Mac games on sale until Thursday.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Bleh. Looking forward to seeing what pops up for the rest of the week though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dell has Uncharted 2 (PS3) for $40

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

One day left to get a Macheist bundle that inclues Tales of Monkey Island for $20. Also included are non-game applications: MacJournal, RipIt, Clips, CoverScout, Flow, RapidWeaver and Tweetie.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Grabbed the Deus Ex and Hitman pack. If these games suck, I'm totally blaming you guys!

Six hours later:
All right, some feedback. The first Hitman game can't run properly without crashing constantly. Fire it up the first time, tried to go into the options menu, crashed. Started a new game, entered my name, crashed. Started another new game, got my guy up and running, enter the second room in the tutorial, crashed. I think it may have something to do with the game being too old and my computer being too new, so I'm going to play the other Hitman games first.

Deus Ex is... well, I'm torn about it. On the one hand, the story and voice acting and design are all really good. But the old graphics and clunky controls are getting to me. Now, I'm not a graphics whore, hell I play Dwarf Fortress obsessively, but I feel like the graphics in Deus Ex hamper my enjoyment of the game. Sometimes it's hard to tell which areas are dark enough to sneak in, for example. Or it's hard to tell where I'm supposed to be going, because a lot of the areas look quite similar. Also, maybe it's the controls (or maybe it's because I suck, perfectly possible) but it feels like my guy can't shoot straight. Almost every gunfight ends with me either dead or severely wounded, which then leads to me reloading the game and trying to find a sneakier solution - which isn't always fun, due to the graphical limitations I mentioned. I have a feeling if I played this game when it first game out, I'd be blown away. Now though... it's merely a good game, with flaws.

Still, though, I feel like I got my money's worth.
I believe we warned you about the graphics and we never said anything abou the Hitman games ;)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Day three of the Square Enix and Eidos sale, Wednesday.
$20 The Last Remnant
$10 Tomb Raider: Legend
$10 Tomb Raider: Anniversary
$15 Tomb Raider: Underworld

$28 Tomb Raider Bundle

$37.39 Tomb Raider + Last Remnant Bundle

figmentPez

figmentPez

Day four of the Square Enix and Eidos sale
$7.49 Gyromancer
$14.99 Mini Ninjas

$15.29 Gyromancer + Mini Ninjas Bundle

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Come on, Batman Arkham Asylum!

Chibibar

Day four of the Square Enix and Eidos sale
$7.49 Gyromancer
$14.99 Mini Ninjas

$15.29 Gyromancer + Mini Ninjas Bundle
Woo! I have been looking at those two games. :) I just bought them.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Man, I am just waiting for Dawn of War: Soulstorm to go on sale. I can get every other version of the game for 8 dollars or less, but IT is still 30 bucks, even on Steam.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dude, don't. Soulstorm was the worst game I ever bought. It's broken, still glitched, and it eats up your CPU for no damn reason. I have no idea why, but compared to Dark Crusade, it slows to a crawl on all load screens. It's because Relic out-sourced the project to another company, and then that company folded right after releasing it, leaving Relic to pick up the bugged pieces.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Dude, don't. Soulstorm was the worst game I ever bought. It's broken, still glitched, and it eats up your CPU for no damn reason. I have no idea why, but compared to Dark Crusade, it slows to a crawl on all load screens. It's because Relic out-sourced the project to another company, and then that company folded right after releasing it, leaving Relic to pick up the bugged pieces.
The reason I want it is because everyone else I know who plays DoW has it, so I need it to play with them. Each version has different units and such, making them incompatible.

Then again, this wouldn't be an issue if my friend wasn't such a sisters of battle fan.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The reason I want it is because everyone else I know who plays DoW has it, so I need it to play with them. Each version has different units and such, making them incompatible.

Then again, this wouldn't be an issue if my friend wasn't such a sisters of battle fan.[/QUOTE]

I'd give you mine if I hadn't bought it off Steam. I understand your reasons, but I'm serious about how slow and troubled it is.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The reason I want it is because everyone else I know who plays DoW has it, so I need it to play with them. Each version has different units and such, making them incompatible.[/QUOTE]

Wait, i remember that Dark Crusade let you play with people that didn't own it but had the previous games... or was that only started with CoH?!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Square Enix and Eidos sale, day 5

$24.99 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$7.49 Just Cause
$7.49 FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION

$22.09 Batman: Arkham Asylum + Just Cause Bundle
??? It's cheaper to get Batman: AA and Just Cause together than it is to get Batman alone?

Dave

Dave

And to think I very nearly bought AA a couple days ago for $35.

Chibibar

Steam's Square Enix and Eidos sale, day 5

$24.99 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$7.49 Just Cause
$7.49 FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION

$22.09 Batman: Arkham Asylum + Just Cause Bundle
??? It's cheaper to get Batman: AA and Just Cause together than it is to get Batman alone?[/QUOTE]

Yea.. It is a double SALES!! :)

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

heh.. ask and you shall received :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

And to think I very nearly bought AA a couple days ago for $35.
Did no one buy it when it was $12.50 a couple weeks ago?

Anyway, Microsoft is having another sale this weekend, the third of five. Bioshock 2 is $37.49 until March 15th. Plus there's a deal where if you buy Bioshock 2 and the 400 point add-on "Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack" you'll get 800 MS points.

Dave

Dave

I had no money when it was $12.50 a couple of weeks ago.

Chibibar

I had no money when it was $12.50 a couple of weeks ago.
ditto :(

figmentPez

figmentPez

So that console gamers don't feel left out. Amazon has Batman: Arkham Asylum for $40 360 / PS3

Best Buy has Assassin's Creed 2 for $30 360 and PS3

Buy.com has a 12-month Xbox Live card for $34.50

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'd really love to get AC2, but I'm sticking to my guns with this BS that Ubisoft has pulled.

FYI, to all those iPod/iPhone users who love Final Fantasy, FF 1 and 2 are now out for the iPod/Phone. I'd suggest waiting a few months before buying them though as the further I get into FF1, the more and more it crashes.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week madness is Dragon Age Origins. Regular for $33.49, Digital Deluxe edition for $43.54
The expansion pack DA:O Awakening is now available for $40, but isn't discounted. (Sorry Shego, still no signs of the non-digital collectors edition being on-sale.)

There's also a sale on Everquest, for it's 11th anniversary. The game and all 15 expansions for $2.50/€1.99/£1.99 (plus a monthly fee, I assume). Even includes the excusive in-game item, "Shroud of Steam".

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's beginning to look worse and worse on the Hard Copy going down in price anyway, maybe I'll finally break down on it and just get it digitally. Though I still have ME1 and 2 going atm.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's beginning to look worse and worse on the Hard Copy going down in price anyway, maybe I'll finally break down on it and just get it digitally. Though I still have ME1 and 2 going atm.
Just a bit of advice: Most collector's editions don't go down in price, as they are generally limited editions. Any time a game doesn't have a huge amount of copies floating around it ether goes UP in value or stays around the same. This is especially true if the edition of the game has lots of extras you can't get anywhere else... even worse if it has feelies. I mean, have you tried to get an original copy of Lunar for the PSX, with all of it's bits? It ain't cheap.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Just a bit of advice: Most collector's editions don't go down in price, as they are generally limited editions. Any time a game doesn't have a huge amount of copies floating around it ether goes UP in value or stays around the same. This is especially true if the edition of the game has lots of extras you can't get anywhere else... even worse if it has feelies. I mean, have you tried to get an original copy of Lunar for the PSX, with all of it's bits? It ain't cheap.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you sir, especially with this generation's "collector's editions". There's usually far more of them then there is interest (with the exception of WoW and possibly CoD). In the last little while I've seen the Arkham Asylum CE wit h the batarang, the GTA4 with the lockbox and lord knows how many Halo 3 Master Chief helmet head CE's for half (and in the Halo 3's case, a quarter) of what they cost when they were released. There's a damn good chance with most of these current terrible cash grabbish CE's that companies release that they will go down in price.

EG: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Legend..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1268769767&sr=8-3

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Just a bit of advice: Most collector's editions don't go down in price, as they are generally limited editions. Any time a game doesn't have a huge amount of copies floating around it ether goes UP in value or stays around the same. This is especially true if the edition of the game has lots of extras you can't get anywhere else... even worse if it has feelies. I mean, have you tried to get an original copy of Lunar for the PSX, with all of it's bits? It ain't cheap.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you sir, especially with this generation's "collector's editions". There's usually far more of them then there is interest (with the exception of WoW and possibly CoD). In the last little while I've seen the Arkham Asylum CE wit h the batarang, the GTA4 with the lockbox and lord knows how many Halo 3 Master Chief helmet head CE's for half (and in the Halo 3's case, a quarter) of what they cost when they were released. There's a damn good chance with most of these current terrible cash grabbish CE's that companies release that they will go down in price.

EG: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Legend..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1268769767&sr=8-3[/QUOTE]

It really seems to depend on just how popular the developer thinks the game is going to be. If it's a new franchise, like Dragon Age is, they tend to be more conservative with their numbers. This leads to the price never going down if the game becomes a runaway hit. Halo and GTA already had well established fanbases, which were horribly overestimated when it came to interest in their feelies (Also, wasn't one of the chief problems with the limited edition helmet that it was too small to actually wear? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.)

To contrast, the limited edition of Resident Evil 4 is going for slightly more than it cost when I got it, despite having about a hundred thousand copies made for it. Lunar? It's going for 200 dollars.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Heh, I'm pretty grateful I was working for Gamestop at the time of both Lunar PSX releases. :slywink:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Bowielee

Bowielee

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG has The Longest Journey on sale for $5 (and Sanitarium as well, but I have no idea if that one is any good)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

GOG has The Longest Journey on sale for $5 (and Sanitarium as well, but I have no idea if that one is any good)
I heard Sanitarium was pretty good. Here's a let's play if you want some more info on it.

Dei

Dei

I once owned Sanitarium, I think it was decent but I never finished it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness is a big one!

Left 4 Dead 2 $25 (Four pack for $75) Deal lasts until Thursday at 4pm PDT.

Chibibar

[SIZE=\"4\"]Left 4 Dead 2 $25[/SIZE] (Four pack for $75) Deal lasts until Thursday at 4pm PDT.
That is cool sale! :) we can get more people to play (if you don't have it yet or get another copy) *hint hint Shego!* ;)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Amazon has L4D2 on sale as well. $34 for the 360 versoin and $24 for the PC version (but you have to buy over $25 to get free shipping)

Both Wal-Mart and Amazon have the Wii Motion Plus for $14 plus shipping & handling (free to store from Wal-mart, free for over $25 at Amazon)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

[SIZE=\\"4\\"]Left 4 Dead 2 $25[/SIZE] (Four pack for $75) Deal lasts until Thursday at 4pm PDT.
Picking this one up now! I've got L4D one and now two, I love these games so much.

Bowielee

Bowielee

God DAMN it valve, I really shouldn't.... but I think I may go without some minor necessities to get L4D2 this week.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Well, that was a short decision time, I'm downloading it as we speak.

figmentPez

figmentPez

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

FYI, Torchlight is totally worth 5 bucks. No multiplayer which makes me sad, but it's a great timekiller like Diablo.

Bowielee

Bowielee

FYI, Torchlight is totally worth 5 bucks. No multiplayer which makes me sad, but it's a great timekiller like Diablo.
Ditto to this. If you like Diablo-esque games at all, this game is a must play.

Hell, the game isn't even Diablo-esque, It's Diablo 2 1/2 without the license to call itself Diablo.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

From what I understand, Torchlight was more of a "demo" for the upcoming MMO version. So the forums would tell you on the Torchlight board.

Rubicon

I saw Torchlight today, I've heard great reviews so for $5 that seems like a steal, I nabbed it on the spot.

figmentPez

figmentPez

If anyone missed Torchlight on Steam, Direct 2 Drive has it for $5 until Mar 29th

Lots of games on sale at Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, K-mart and/or Gamestop (shipping charges may be extra)
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3/360) $30
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) $17 - $20 (depending on which version, and where)
Call Of Duty MW2 (PS3/360) $45 - 53
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) $20
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) $13
Call Of Duty: World at War (PS3/360) $20

Amazon also has Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Wii) for $21

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has AI War: Fleet Command and it's expansion AI War: The Zenith Remnant on sale. ($10 and $5 respectively, the expansion requires the Steam version of the original game to play)

Wal-Mart has Little Big Planet GOTY edition for $30

Amazon has Batman: Arkham Asylum (360 or PS3) for $30

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG has 10 games on sale for their 2010 Spring Promo
Beyond Good and Evil $7
Disciples 2: Gold Edition $5
Divine Divinity $3
Evil Genius $5
Fallout $3
Gothic 2: Gold Edition $5
Heroes of Might and Magic® 3: Complete Edition $7
Myst: Masterpiece Edition $3
Red Baron Pack $5
Simon The Sorcerer $3

Steam has Borderlands on sale for $25 (4-pack for $75)

Direct2Drive also has Borderlands for $25 (3-pack for $45)

Bowielee

Bowielee

YAY! I can get Borderlands now!

figmentPez

figmentPez

A lot of Xbox Live Aracade games are on sale though April 7th

* Age of Booty -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Defense Grid -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Lumines LIVE -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Mad Tracks -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Rocket Riot -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Schizoid -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]
* Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix -- Sale price: 560 ($7) [original price: 1200]
* Track & Field -- Sale price: 240 ($3) [original price: 400]
* Wallace & Gromit: Episode 1 -- Sale price: 400 ($5) [original price: 800]

figmentPez

figmentPez

Starting Thursday April 8th, Steam is offering a free weekend of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer.

Chibibar

Starting Thursday April 8th, Steam is offering a free weekend of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer.
that is pretty cool. I'll pre-load it tonight and give it a shot.

Dei

Dei

I think a free weekend of MW2 Multiplayer is going to be a teenage shitfest (no offense to teenagers :p)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think a free weekend of MW2 Multiplayer is going to be a teenage shitfest (no offense to teenagers :p)
It's a shitfest anytime Valve does a free weekend for TF2. Pings go through the roof and it's impossible to find a spot open on a server.

Bowielee

Bowielee

It's a shitfest anytime Valve does a free weekend for TF2. Pings go through the roof and it's impossible to find a spot open on a server.[/QUOTE]

According to all the uproar on release, Pings won't change at all seeing as they don't have dedicated servers.

Chibibar

It's a shitfest anytime Valve does a free weekend for TF2. Pings go through the roof and it's impossible to find a spot open on a server.[/QUOTE]

According to all the uproar on release, Pings won't change at all seeing as they don't have dedicated servers.[/QUOTE]

I pre-load it and getting localization.txt error :( (from steam) so I can't play.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Direct2Drive is having a massive Spring Sale.

Week 1 started today:

King's Bounty: Gold Edition $15
Neverwinter NIghts 2 Gold $10
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Combo Park Pack $5
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth $5
Dark Void $15
Battlestations: Pacific $18
Elven Legacy Complete Edition $20
DCS: Black Shark $15
Fallout 3 $15
Gothic III $5

Atari 2010 Spring Bundle $75
- Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror
- Atari: 80 Classic Games in One
- Atari Arcade Hits
- RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Combo Park Pack with Wacky Worlds Expansion
- Act of War: High Treason
- Tycoon City: New York
- Indigo Prophecy
- Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
- ArmA: Armed Assault - Combat Operations
- Alone in the Dark
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
- Codename: Panzers - Cold War
- Champions Online

Spend $75 or more between now and May 9th and get $15 in "D2D cash" (which must be used in 30 days after May 10th)

Weeks 2 through 4 are still to come.

Some games aren't listed as part of this week's sale, so they might be for the whole month-long event:
Downfall $5
King's Bounty: Armored Princess $9
Gun $10
MotoGP $5
DiRT 2 $10
Stalker: Clear Sky $5
Tropico 3 $15
Just Cause $8
Resevoir Dogs: The Game $10
Democracy 2 $5

Whew, that's a lot of mediocrity. Some good titles on the list, though. Fallout 3 and King's Bounty both got rave reviews. I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I don't know if the second was as good, and what I've played of the 3rd stunk because I like the 2D graphics and interface much better than struggling with the bleh 3D.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'd stay away from the CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth. The Xbox version is fine, but the PC version was literally programmed by a single guy, doing it for free after the company went under. Stalker: Clear Sky might be OK though... the first game was balls hard but it WAS a breath of fresh air in the FPS market when it came out (It's kinda like MW meets Fallout 3).

figmentPez

figmentPez

Batman Arkham Asylum (360 / PS3) is $27 today only on Amazon

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

One day "Witcher: Enhanced Edition" will hit $10, then it will finally be mine....

figmentPez

figmentPez

One day \\"Witcher: Enhanced Edition\\" will hit $10, then it will finally be mine....
I know why you want that game: The Witcher in 5 seconds (NSFW, nudity)

Gotta catch 'em alll!

Jay

Jay

I got it for free. :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam is also having another free weekend, this time it's Madballs in Babo:Invasion, the game is also 75%-off ($2.50)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Week 2 of Direct2Drive's Spring Sale is here:

Grand Theft Auto 4 $7.50
Supreme Commander Gold $7.59
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $5
AmrA 2 $25
Fallen Earth $15
Manhunt 2 $5
Guild Wars Trilogy $20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition $15
Total War Collection $45
East India Company $5
Medieval 2: Total War $.7.50
Men of War $2.50
Men of War Red Tide $5
A Farwell to Dragons $5
Infernal Uncensored $8
Imperium Romanum Gold $5
Tropico Reloaded $5
The Path $5
Capitalism 2 $5
Aaaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity $2
Eufloria (formerly known as Dyson) $5

Stand out titles include: SW:KOTOR and Aaaaa!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has Trine on sale for $5 because it just got some new, free, DLC.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Steam has Trine on sale for $5 because it just got some new, free, DLC.
Did you say Trine free DLC???? To the Steam-mobile, Robin!

figmentPez

figmentPez

This isn't a sale, but Master of Orion 1 & 2 are now available at GOG, in a bundle for $6. I still have a copy of MoO2, but I've never played MoO, so I'm kinda tempted to get it. Maybe when I clear out my backlog of unplayed games. MoO2 is an absolute classic in the turn-based 4X genre (explore, expand, exploit and exterminate). I still pull it out every now and again to play "just one more turn". I'm not sure how well it will hold up without the sheen of nostalgia, though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Mid-week Madness is:
Deus Ex $2.50
Deus Ex: Inivisible War $2.50
Both for $5

Both of these are great games, though the original is better. They suffer from dated graphics and dumb enemy AI, but the story and exploration are still a lot of fun.

With "The Passing" DLC coming out for L4D2, it seems likely that will be the upcoming weekend deal.

Soliloquy

Steam's Mid-week Madness is:
Deus Ex $2.50
Deus Ex: Inivisible War $2.50
Both for $5
Yes! I was waiting for this deal to come around again.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Passing DLC has been released, so Left 4 Dead 2 is 33%-off this weekend. $20.09. Four-pack for $60.29

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG has the Freespace and Descent series on sale this weekend.
$4.19 gets you either:
- Descent and Descent 2
- Descent 3 and Expansion
- Freespace and Expansion
- Freespace 2

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Steam's weekend sale, in addition to L4D2, is Call of Duy 4: Modern Warfare for $15

Jay

Jay

Damn, I remember the LAN parties I used to have IN CLASS with Descent back in the day. Good times.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Week 3 of Direct2Drive's Spring Sale

Civilization 4: The Complete Edition $10
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II $15
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI $10
Battlefield 2 Complete Edition $15
Star Trek Online $30
The Saboteur $15
Caesar IV $5
Sid Meier's Railroads $5
Torchlight $10
X-com Complete Bundle $5
NBA 2K10 $10
East India Company Bundle $20
Bioshock $10
IL-2 Sturmovik $5
Brothers in Arms Bundle $20
Dawn of Discovery: Gold Edition $35
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $30
Tom Clancy's HAWX $10
Everquest II Sentinel's Fate $20
Cities XL Limited Edition $15
Alititude $5

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam has the Guild Wars games on sale:
Guild Wars Trilogy $20
Guild Wars GOTY $10
Guild Wars Factions $15
Guild Wars Nightfall $15

Trine is on sale for $5 at Impulse

Chibibar

Steam has the Guild Wars games on sale:
Guild Wars Trilogy $20
Guild Wars GOTY $10
Guild Wars Factions $15
Guild Wars Nightfall $15

Trine is on sale for $5 at Impulse
I have been meaning to get back to guildwars :) I have the guildwars original collection edition. I need to reactivate my account.

Dei

Dei

I had the original Guild Wars, but none of my friends ended up picking it up so I never really played it for long. =/

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, I still have guild wars, I've played it probably a total of 10-20 hours max over the years. I'll install it, play for a bit and get bored, then move on to other games.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I did a cursory search and didn't see this mentioned.

Rockstar games sale on Steam 42.95

Includes

Bully: Scholarship Edition
The whole GTA Series (including Tales from Liberty City)
Manhunt
Max Payne 1 and 2
Midnight Club 2
Wild Metal

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4247/

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Weekend Deal
Codemasters Racing Pack $17.50
Includes the following, which are also on sale seperately:
Colin McRae DiRT 2 $9.99
DiRT $2.50
FUEL™ $3.74
GRID™ $6.24
ToCA Race Driver 3 $2.49

Also, if you act quick, Bully Scholarship Edition is on sale for $7.49, but only until 10pm PDT

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG has Action-comedy titles on sale for $4.19 each:
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
MDK
MDK 2

Of the three I've only played Giants, and I remember it being a fun but frustratingly unpolished game. I'm not sure if time has been friendly to this strange FPS/RTS hybrid.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Last time I played my copy of Giants was about a year ago, and it was still as good as I remember it being. The controls are frustrating in some parts, but it's worth it for the comedy. It's one of those rare video games that manages to actually be funny, not just try to be.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games has a special combo offer: Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition and Tales of Monkey island for $20. Which is a good deal on ToMI even if you don't care about SMI:SE.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Final week of Direct2Drive's Spring Sale

Mass Effect 1 & 2 Bundle $35
Aion $25
Titan Quest Bundle $5
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines $10
Sid Meier's Pirates! $5
Civilization 4: The Complete Edition $10
SimCity Socieities $10
Swat 4 Gold $10 (Be like Spoony!)
Fallout 3 $15 (note, this is not the GOTY edition, and doesn't include DLC)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $20
Divinity 2 $30
Chessmaster 9000 $5
Defense Grid: The Awakening $5
Majesty 2: THe Fantasy Kingdom Sim $9
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition $10
Trine $5
Guild Wars Nightfall $15
Grand Ages Rome $10
AI War Fleet Command + Zenith Remnant Bundle $10
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold $5
Dark Fall Lost Souls $5

Some pretty good titles this week: Mass Effect, Titan Quest and Trine strike me as the best deals.

Fallout 3 is, I hear, pretty good, but with none of the DLC you'd have to be sure you only want the core game. (All of the DLC for Fallout 3 would come to 4,000 MS points, or ~$50, the same as the GOTY version of Fallout 3.)

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Humble Indie Bundle at the price of your choice. Five games: World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD and Penumbra Overture. Proceeds go to the developers or to the charities of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play (and you can choose how much to each).
- No DRM
- Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

No matter what amount you donate, you can also get the rest of the Penumbra collection for 5 dollars (at least according tot he Penumbra site). The first two games (Black Plague and Overture) are pretty good, but Requiem feels like a Portal rip-off without the fun portal mechanic. Still, it's worth 5 bucks.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Man, I'm tempted to get SWAT 4, but I wonder if I'd really enjoy it after Spoony.

Soliloquy

The Humble Indie Bundle at the price of your choice. Five games: World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD and Penumbra Overture. Proceeds go to the developers or to the charities of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play (and you can choose how much to each).
- No DRM
Man... how can I NOT get that?

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

- No DRM
Man... how can I NOT get that?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Civilization series is on sale at Steam
Civilization IV: Complete Ediction $10
the game and expansions are also on sale separately.
Civilization III Complete $1.25

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hmm, looks like this sale is unavailable in my region.

LAME.

Chibibar

Hmm, looks like this sale is unavailable in my region.

LAME.[/QUOTE]

I already got IV and lost my CDs for III... re-purchase :) woot!

Bubble181

Bubble181

- No DRM
Bought and bought :)

Well, I was feeling horribly annoyed over both CnC4 and Settlers 7 having always-online DRM which simply means I can't play, so I bought this instead. Hah!

Telephius

Telephius

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Appranantly Portal may be free for a short time.

Chibibar

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Appranantly Portal may be free for a short time.
Oooo.. And available on the MAC!! (I already bought the PC version twice ;) )

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Humble Indie Bundle has been extended (though I'm not sure for how long), and four of the five titles are going open source (free as in speech, not as in beer). Also, Samorost 2 has been added to the bundle.

Steam Weekend Deals, highlighting some of the 57 games now available for Mac OSX. (Remdinder, if you own a SteamPlay game on PC you don't have to repurchase it for Mac.)
Torchlight for $10 (and on D2D as welll, but not for Mac)
Steam Play Indie Pack for $20 (And Yet it Moves, Galcon Fusion, Machinarium, Osmos, World of Goo)

Impulse has Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $10

figmentPez

figmentPez

Almost missed the Telltale Steam Play Pack (Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island) $30. I'm not sure if this is a permanent bundle, or a temporary sale.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam sales:

Sega Complete Pack $90 (notable inclusions: Alien Vs Predator 2010, many games from the Total War series, Outrun 2006, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing and Virtua Tennis 2009, among others.)

Alien Vs Predator 2010 $25

Tropico 3 $7.50

Direct2Drive has the indie puzzle game Bob Came in Pieces for $5

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, that didn't take long.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, that didn't take long.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was gonna post that!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Today only Steam has Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing for $15

figmentPez

figmentPez

The launch of Steam on Mac is continuing to produce sales.

Altitude is free to play this weekend, and 50%-off ($5) for purchase.

Killing Floor is $13.39

Madballs in Babo:Invasion is $5

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games has all three seasons of Sam & Max for $50

figmentPez

figmentPez

Another one day sale on Steam:
Total War Mega Pack $20.40
Napoleon: Total War $26.79

Amazon.com has New Super Mario Bros Wii for $35 and it comes with $10 credit towards a future game purchase.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Impulse is having a spring sale:
Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition - $10
Sins of a Solar Empire - $10
Demigod - $10

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam Midweek Madness: Lucas Arts Adventure Pack $5
Includes:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Dig
Loom

Necronic

Necronic

Wow, that's a damned good one. If anyone doesn't have those first 2 get them asap. Not surprised that Demigod hit the bargain bin so fast though.

Dave

Dave

Wow, that's a damned good one. If anyone doesn't have those first 2 get them asap. Not surprised that Demigod hit the bargain bin so fast though.[/QUOTE]

Man. I've wanted those first two games for a long time now.

Too bad I don't have any mone-....! Hey thanks, Mr. Tax Man!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games sent me a coupon code to get all three seasons of Sam & Max for $30, but I already have all three seasons. I'll give the code to the first person who wants it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Half-Life 2 series has come to the Mac, and been given achievements and Steam Cloud support, so Valve has the games on sale for 30%-off:

Half-Life 2 $6.99
Episode 1 $5.59
Episode 2 $5.59
The Orange Box $20.99

Also on sale on Steam:
Majesty 2 $7.50
Hearts of Iron III $14.99
Europa Universalis III Complete $14.99
HOI3 + EU3 Bundle $29.98

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Add it to the pool for the May or July contest. I'm sure Dave would appreciate it.

Necronic

Necronic

Hearts of Iron eh?

man....that is tempting, but I don't know if I can abandon society enough for that game

Chibibar

Ame: You finally got Orange box? congrats. You will love it! I really need to get back into TF2 again.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam Weekend Sales:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition $45.99
Includes
- Splinter Cell
- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition (the newest game, $65 by itself.)

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Gold Edition $20
Includes, which are also on sale individually:
- Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II $15
- Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising $15

--

Impulse has several bundles on sale:
Dragon Age Origins Bundle $48, which includes DA:O and the Awakening expansion
Mass Effect Bundle $42, includes Mass Effect 1 & 2
Need For Speed Bundle $25, includes NFS Shift, ProStreet and Undercover
Gratuitous Space Battles Complete $20.45, includes GSB and three expansions.
Capcom Collection $80, includes Age of Booty (sounds like a game Iacalus would like :wtf:), Dark Void, Flock! MotoGP '08 and Street Fighter IV

Not a bundle, but also on sale is Prince of Persia $10 (from 2008, I think)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If only my comp wasn't shit, those Dragon Age and Mass Effect bundles would be nice.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG.com has half-off the Disciples and Jagged Alliance series.
$5 each:
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold
Disciples 2 Gold
Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance 2
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games

Necronic

Necronic

nice.....Jagged alliance 2 sounds awesome. Best game of its kind ever made.

by the way man, thanks a TON for keeping this up. You sir, rock.

figmentPez

figmentPez

by the way man, thanks a TON for keeping this up. You sir, rock.
You're welcome. I'll take this chance to remind people that I'm willing to keep an eye out for specific games, genres or platforms. I post the deals I think are most interesting (or take the least work to tack on to a post I'm already making), but I generally pass over most smaller deals, like 10%-off or so.

The Ubisoft store has Splinter Cell Conviction: Collector's Edition (360) for $32 if you use the coupon code at the link to Slickdeals, $35 without the coupon code.

Amazon.com has Super Street Fighter IV (360 or PS3) for $28 with a bonus of $10 credit towards a future game purchase.

And I still haven't had anyone ask for the coupon code to get all three seasons of Sam & Max for $30. The code is only good until June 2nd. Any takers?

Chibibar

this is more of a free guide to a game for Iphone (they have free stuff every day )

Team Fortress 2 guide.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/team-fortress-2-guide/id372925636?mt=8

I'm sure most of the stuff Shego already taught us, but it is a handy guide/info to read.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Amazon has Borderlands w/ free Double Game Add-On Pack (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned / Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot) for $37 on 360 and $28 on PC.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's mid-week madness: NeoCore Games - 66% Off
Neocore Complete Pack - $18.70
King Arthur Pack - $14.62
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame - $13.60
King Arthur DLC: Knights and Vassals - $1.02
King Arthur DLC: Legendary Artifacts - $1.02
Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come - $6.80

Gamer's Gate has:
Bob Came in Pieces $5
Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $10

figmentPez

figmentPez

Coming up June 3rd - 6th Steam is going to have a free weekend of Shattered Horizon.

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

Supreme Commander 2 is $11 on Steam this weekend.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GOG.com has 3 games on sale for $7.49 each
Beyond Good and Evil
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts

I've played both BG&E and Psychonauts on the PC, and they're excellent. I haven't finished PoP:SoT, but it's off to a decent start (and better since I found a widescreen resolution hack). All three have some quirks in getting gamepad controls, but for Psychonauts and PoP:Sot they can be worked around for sure. I never did get BG&E working with my gamepad, but it was having issues in general at the time. I can reload it and see if I can get it working again if anyone wants.

Shattered Horizon is having it's free weekend on Steam, and is 50%-off ($10).

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's Midweek Madness is:
Batman: Akham Asylum GOTY $20
The game does have SecuROM copy protection, if that sort of thing bothers you (or you know it won't run on your system). Other than that, this is a great game. I played it on the PC with a gamepad and it was fantastic. I don't know how it controls with a mouse and keyboard.

Gamers Gate has the STALKER games on sale:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl $10
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky $4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat $21
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat (Loyalty Edition) $10
The Loyalty edition of Call of Pripyat requires one of the previous two games to play, but it's still cheaper to get that and another than to buy the stand-alone, at least at the sale prices.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Is the new Stalker game any more stable than the original? That was my biggest complaint about the original game.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dell has Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $35, probably won't last long before it sells out. Could already be backordered, so be prepared to wait.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Steam has Bethesda Software games on sale:
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY $5
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $8.50
Fallout 3 GOTY $25

Fallout: New Vegas is up for pre-order, and comes with some exclusive in-game items, but isn't selling for a discount.

Chibibar

while in game item seems cool, the mod community can come up with similar item (like they did for other DLC) that is cooler ;) (Fallout 3 New Vegas)

I can wait for this one

figmentPez

figmentPez

Team Fortress 2 is now available on the Mac, so Valve has it free to play this weekend and 50%-off to purchase ($10)

Those logging in to TF2 on a Mac, now through June 14th, will get in-game earbuds to wear on their characters.

Plus there are other updates to the game, which I haven't had a chance to check out yet, like a new menu UI, a training mode and an offline practice mode.

Rubicon

I've been wanting to get Fallout 3.. but I'd love to try the game first, to see how it would play on my PC. Sadly, there is no demo :( (not going to torrent it)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Telltale Games announced the the third episode of Sam & Max: The Devil's Toybox will come out on June 22nd. Apparently the impending release of "They Stole Max's Brain!" is worth celebrating so they've got Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max: The Penal Zone (S3E1) for $20.

GOG.com has a sale on RPGs.
Arx Fatalis $4.19
Divine Divinity $4.19
Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 $4.19
Realms of Arkania 3 $4.19
Warlords Battlecry 3 $6.99

figmentPez

figmentPez

Ah, Steam has another deal this weekend besides TF2.
Metro 2033 $25
I've heard both good and bad things about this one. From what I remember it's an interesting shooter with an odd in-game economy (and some potentially game-breaking bugs, not sure if those have been fixed.)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's not odd at all: Military grade ammunition is light-weight, portable, is useful right out of the box, and has value in and of itself. Why would you use paper money or gold after the fall? You can't DO anything with them. It makes a perfect currency.

Chibibar

It's not odd at all: Military grade ammunition is light-weight, portable, is useful right out of the box, and has value in and of itself. Why would you use paper money or gold after the fall? You can't DO anything with them. It makes a perfect currency.
It makes sense. It also can be rare and useful. Gold use to have a use/worth, but after the fall, why would you need gold? Food, ammo, shelter, armor and such you need, but you can't do much with gold. I can see more of a barter system going (I haven't play the game but it make sense) until the world is back on its feet.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I didn't mean odd as in unrealistic, I meant that it's different from most other in-game economies. I don't know of another game that has ammo as it's currency, even though there are other games where ammo is worth money. Jeff Cannata of the Totally Rad Show said it went against his usual gaming style, which is similar to mine, saving powerful stuff for when you absolutely need it. Several reviewers said that exclusively shooting the cheap ammo can make fights take a really long time and slows down the pace of the game.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I didn't mean odd as in unrealistic, I meant that it's different from most other in-game economies. I don't know of another game that has ammo as it's currency, even though there are other games where ammo is worth money. Jeff Cannata of the Totally Rad Show said it went against his usual gaming style, which is similar to mine, saving powerful stuff for when you absolutely need it. Several reviewers said that exclusively shooting the cheap ammo can make fights take a really long time and slows down the pace of the game.[/QUOTE]

Basically any game with a barter based economy usually has bullets work as a gold standard, and some war zones in the real world take bullets for obvious reasons. Off hand, I DO know that it works this way Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

As for the stockpiling problem... the only things you can't find for yourself in-game are the stealth suit and body armor (And these items are only like a hundred bullets each). Every other item will (eventually) pop-up in a level with whatever upgrades you want, if your willing to wait for it. You really don't need to buy anything in the game, unless you want to start an area with extra bullets, health kits, or filters.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's EA week on Steam, looks like a different sale every day. Today is:
Crysis games
Crysis $15
Crysis Warhead $10
Both for $20

Ends tomorrow morning at 10am Pacific, and presumably a new sale starts. Other EA games include Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, Command and Conquer, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Battlefield 2. So, if you're interested in any of those, you might want to keep an eye out.

Tales of Monkey Island is now available on the PS3 for $20

Gamer's Gate has the X-Com games on sale:
X-Com Complete Pack $6
Includes:
X-Com Apocalypse
X-Com Enforcer
X-Com Interceptor
X-Com Terror from the Deep
X-Com UFO Defence
Which are also available for $3 each.

Also, Prey is $5
the Oddworld Pack is $4

Fun Size

Fun Size

The Abe's Oddysee was awesome. It's one of the many manuals hanging on my cubicle walls.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Oh, and Mass Effect I've never played which is also supposed to be good, or so I've heard. :p
It's definitely good, I strongly recommend it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

A cute kitten distracted me for a while, but I finally remembered:

Steam's EA week sales, day two:
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $14.99
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 $33.49

Direct2Drive is having a one day sale on Mirror's Edge Enter code MIRRORS5 at checkout to get it for $5.

Jay

Jay

Nice stuff man.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's EA week sales continue:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 $14.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising $4.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath $9.99
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars $14.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight $33.49

Microsoft is having a sale on XBLA games:
* Shadow Complex 560 Points
* Trials HD 560 Points
* Marvel vs. Capcom 2 560 Points
* TMNT: Turtles In Time 400 Points
* Splosion Man 400 Points
Some damn good deals in there. I've never heard of Trials HD, but the rest are some real gems from what I hear.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's EA week continues with racing games
Need for Speed Shift $22.49
Need for Speed Undercover $4.99
Burnout Paradise! $7.49

Impulse has Lost Planet Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition for $10

Amazon.com has Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360 or PS3) for $40

figmentPez

figmentPez

Steam's EA week: Friday Jun 18th
Mirror's Edge $4.99
Dead Space $9.99
Spore games 33%-off various bundles

GOG.com has the Tex Murphy games on sale
Tex Murphy 1+2 $4.19
Tex Murphy: OverSeer $6.99
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive $6.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $6.99

Wal-Mart has New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $33.54 (plus shipping if you don't pick it up in-store)