Games you've purchased multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brood War doesn't have a cd-key as i recall...

And SC was always playable with a burned cd as long as the key is kosher... and the lastest-ish patch made is so you don't need the cd at all (you do have to copy some .mpq files from the cd though).

If you have the cd-key you don't need another copy (also, you should register them on battle.net, it also lets you d/l the game if you do it).

C

Chazwozel

Where all all the people who were so against Steam?

This thread is exactly why Steam rules!

btw, I bought a copy of WarcraftIII: Frozen throne because my friend took my original copy with him to Burma by mistake.

Chazwozel said:

^^^This. Although, I do see their argument in the event that Steam shuts down or something. Given the huge success of it and Valve's games, I HIGHLY doubt that's happening any time soon.

I'm sure there have been times that I've sold a game, only to buy it again a few years later. The Sims and Sims 2 were good examples of this. Half-Life 2 was bought before and then I got the Orange Box (does that count?).

Recently, I sold Civilization IV to get the big pack that came with all the expansions and Colonization. The expansions are fun and kind of worth it, but I don't think I needed Colonization. Though it's not a BAD game.

C

Chibibar

I bought at LEAST 10 copies of battlechest. I use to host local LAN party games at my house. I bought all the PC and monitor and have them setup (8 stations). Some of my friends bring their own rig and some use mine.

It was awesome.

Of course I can't find a single CD key :( so I might have to buy another copy.

Note: I do love Steam also.

edit: I lost my Evil Genius CD :( so I bought it again on Steam. I'm glad cause now I don't have to worry about my CD ;)

Pirates! PC-XT
Pirates Gold! x486
Pirates! Pentium 4

All the same game, generally same gameplay about 6 years apart on each.

Same with Gunship, Gunship 2000, and Civilization I, II, III

All my favorite games back then were MicroProse.

I've been a fan of steam since it first came out. The reason I originally got it was because the graphics card I bought at the time was supposed to come with HL2, but the release date was pushed back, so they did it via steam instead of hard copy.

I've been using it ever since.

Bowielee said:
I've been a fan of steam since it first came out. The reason I originally got it was because the graphics card I bought at the time was supposed to come with HL2, but the release date was pushed back, so they did it via steam instead of hard copy.

STEAM: for all you idiots who can't keep track of your discs..... like me. :ninja:

Final Fantasy IV - I have the SNES and GBA versions.

Chrono Trigger - SNES and DS. I bought it the day it came out with the 80 bucks (yes 80 holy shit) I saved up over a summer job.

Final Fantasy X - Owned it, lost it. Bought the Greatest Hits later.

Diablo 1 and 2, and expansions - Dumbass friend broke my discs and never paid me for them.

A

Aisaku

ZenMonkey said:
I've kept buying the Infocom games or collections over the years, until they put out Masterpieces and that was the end. (Except for everything you can find online of course.)
I love text games! ^^

... well interactive fiction but you know, most people go ?_? at that.

The only game I've purchased after finishing is Diablo 2 Considered getting Heart of Darkness after a friend lost my copy before I had a chance to finish it. It *think* it might be too late now XD

C

Chibibar

Shegokigo said:
Bowielee said:

STEAM: for all you idiots who can't keep track of your discs..... like me. :ninja:
I have no idea what you are talking about..... :ninja:

F

Fullmetal Blue

Final fantasy 4, 5 and 6(ps1 and gba) rogue galaxy, call of duty 4 and I have 2 copies of metal gear solid. one original ps1 copy and one im the essential collection. also I have 2 copies of front mission 3. there are probably more that I can't remember.

Chazwozel said:

btw, I bought a copy of WarcraftIII: Frozen throne because my friend took my original copy with him to Burma by mistake.
Let me know when Steam starts selling old NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 and 3DO games and I'm there.

I buy a lot of PC games from Steam though.

Chazwozel said:

Sure, if you're one of those forgetful old farts that can't hold on to a cd-key... :twisted:

@Li3n said:
Sure, if you're one of those forgetful old farts that can't hold on to a cd-key... :twisted:
Or you know, the kind that would prefer not care about them, not to mention prices on STEAM tend to drop before retail copies of most games, oh not having to lug around CDs to friend's houses, or having to worry about having a disc if your friend wants to play your game 100 miles away, or etc etc etc.

Shannow

Staff member
Shegokigo said:
Final Fantasy IV
SNES
PS1
Wonderswan
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS

Yes I own a Wonderswan game and not the system.
Exact same, minus the wonderswan (though I did get it emulated, but that does not count).

Castlevania: SoTN 3 times. Got it when it first hit on the PS1, that got lost, got it again a couple months later, that was destropyed by my brother acidentally...couple years later, got the greatest hits version.

Starcraft...quite a few times, between moves, and giving it to my brother, etc. Warcraft 2 and 3... a couple times over the years, Xenogears on 3 seperate occasons. Once due to it being broken, another cuz I was offered a lot for the game, and then i saw it used at a garage sale for 10 bucks. Star Ocean: the Second Story twice, because a friend lost it on me, MvC2...2 times ps2, once DC, and once xbox...will get for the 360. Still have one of the PS2s kicking around, and the dc one. WoW a few times, for selling accounts...original Half life was 3 times, before steam came around.

There are more....looking at that..I really should have taken care of those discs and keys.

J

JCM

I have about 4copies of Half Life and I bought 4 different versions of Doom (Doom 1, ultimate Doom, Doom for the SNES and the GBA port)

Status
Not open for further replies.