Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

To give them the benefit of the doubt, it's very possible that they didn't know about the context and were just asked "hey would you vouch for him since you've known him for a long time."
True.

I was thinking it was like those women from SNL who put out a statement saying their boss was a nice guy after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

I'll reserve my judgement against these 65.

Also, attesting to someone's good character is trying to prove something doesn't exist. I can certainly say my neighbour's been nothing but kind and friendly to me, he's helped me carry groceries, and he never makes a lot of noise or bothers me. He seems sympathetic and his views seem to come from a good heart.
On the other hand, for all I know, he's got 6 girls aged 5-10 locked up in his sound proof basement, how would I know? If someone asked me if he's a good guy, i'd say yes. That doesn't mean if the cops raided his house and found those girls ,I'd claim it's all a mistake or made up or that I'm fine with locking girls up in basements (unless they're 18+ and into it, I guess).

Bill Cosby - he's a great parent, always warm, with a friendly smile, helpful, funny, everyone loves him, he gives to charity. Oh, and it turns out he drugs women and rapes them, but hey, he never did that around me!

On another topic - since storms and tornadoes and whatnot were caused by gays flaunting God's laws, does that mean that The Biggest Storm In The World Ever (I've actually seen it reported like that...And in case you're wondering, no, not even close) coming to the USA now is God punishing the USA for electing pretty much the Antichrist?

True.

I was thinking it was like those women from SNL who put out a statement saying their boss was a nice guy after he was accused of sexual misconduct.

I'll reserve my judgement against these 65.
Oh yeah, totes shame on them if they knew the context. Actually, shame on them for endorsing kavanaugh regardless since he didn't need to be a rapist to be a reprehensibly awful person. Just a bit less shame.

On another topic - since storms and tornadoes and whatnot were caused by gays flaunting God's laws, does that mean that The Biggest Storm In The World Ever (I've actually seen it reported like that...And in case you're wondering, no, not even close) coming to the USA now is God punishing the USA for electing pretty much the Antichrist?
Nah. God's just finally passing judgement on Pennsylvania's pedophile priests.

Dave

Staff member
Well, it does show that the police AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER bookmarked the sites to keep an eye on them. Strange that they'd do that. I don't think the reaction is necessarily that overblown.

I guess thuis is my Europeanism showing through, but I think it's perfectly normal that the police it's following these groups. Same for similar right wing groups. This doesn't mean the police thinks they're terrorists, or anything. But groups advocating political action, including public protests, are obvious groups to be monitored. If there's going to be a protest, I should damn well hope the police knows about it.

Dave

Staff member
But they HAD no right-wing groups on their list. That's the issue. Keeping an eye on everyone is one thing, only looking at one side shows intent.

I guess thuis is my Europeanism showing through, but I think it's perfectly normal that the police it's following these groups. Same for similar right wing groups. This doesn't mean the police thinks they're terrorists, or anything. But groups advocating political action, including public protests, are obvious groups to be monitored. If there's going to be a protest, I should damn well hope the police knows about it.
You need to remember, the law enforcement of the US has a sordid history of joining left-aligned groups in order to instigate violence, entirely so they could break up the groups. In fact, there were times when said groups had more members that were undercover agents than actual interested partisans.

Basically, this is suspicious as hell.

Also keep in mind that this is going on while the police in Berkeley have been caught posting mugshots and personal information of left-wing protesters in their cities on social media, leading to those people being harassed in their homes and receiving death threats from the "good people" of the alt-right, all in what they themselves call an attempt to show that they can and will enforce the law in their city. These are people who haven't been charged with any crime other than - the ultimate favorite of cops all across America - resisting arrest. Ultimately, all of these charges are dropped because they're unconstitutional. DAs refuse to even submit them to the courts, so it's just the fucking thugs in blue getting protesters harassed and threatened for political grandstanding. Or because their feelings are still hurt from how bad it looked when they tear gassed a bunch of kids sitting on the sidewalk protesting at the university. Or because they like to see people get hurt.

U.S. citizen told birth certificate isn't proof of citizenship; government asks for family Bible

This has been happening a lot at the southern border, but white woman born on her father's farm in Kansas is about as stereotypical apple pie Americana as you can get. So in case anyone thinks this can't happen to them because they're not Hispanic born in southern Texas, it absolutely can.
The article said:
Meantime, she did her best to dig up any of the random documents she was be asking to provide.
Somewhere an editor fell asleep.

I guess Kavanaugh's a rapist too.

Cool, you'd think it would be possible for the Republicans to field someone who espouses their values who maybe hasn't attempted a rape or two. You'd think.

I guess Kavanaugh's a rapist too.

Cool, you'd think it would be possible for the Republicans to field someone who espouses their values who maybe hasn't attempted a rape or two. You'd think.
Depends, which values do you mean? The ones of the old fashioned type of Republicans, who think it's all about the Good Old days of the 1950's when women and uppity blacks just listened to their betters, or the more modern ones who think men deserve sex and women who won't give it are just bitches who deserve nothing better?

Granted, there are good Republicans. Plenty of them, I'm sure. They're not the leading faction the party anymore, though, and the party's morals and views have been corrupted in many ways.

What I actually think is worse, is that the Republicans seem perfectly willing to go ahead with the vote in the Senate, despite these allegations. When it was about Obama appointing a new SC justice, it could literally wait a year until the chamber shifted. Now that it's about a potential rapist whose morals may be completely reprehensible, oh, no no, this is important, we'll proceed with the vote as scheduled, can't leave the vacancy open!

Granted, there are good Republicans. Plenty of them, I'm sure. They're not the leading faction the party anymore, though, and the party's morals and views have been corrupted in many ways.
The phraseology is "Some, I'm sure are good people."

Also it is literally impossible to be a good person and a republican, so no to that.

We'll have to agree to disagree. There's a difference between misguided, or guided by attaching importance to specific topics and being blind to other aspects of a group you support, and being evil.

I'm not a saint, I have some stuff in my past I'm not proud of. I'm human.

I've never attempted to rape anyone. I've never lied about attempting to rape anyone while being considered to one of the highest positions of power either, a position where your judgment is your most important feature.

Kavanaugh seems like he doesn't have great judgment in general (hundreds of thousands in miraculously forgiven gambling debt, VERY, VERY credible rape accustations).

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Fiscally stupid AND sexist? Sounds like a perfect republican to me. (Note I didn't say "rapist". I don't believe all republicans are rapists.)

Well, it does show that the police AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER bookmarked the sites to keep an eye on them. Strange that they'd do that. I don't think the reaction is necessarily that overblown.
But what I really meant was that knowing the police are following some websites tells us absolutely nothing about the scale of their surveillance. It's a given that even the most minor surveillance of a group includes looking up what the group publicly says.

I was expecting something about tapping phones, a list of undercover moles, informants or the like. Something that showed the police were actually doing surveillance rather than reading what the groups have to say about themselves.

You need to remember, the law enforcement of the US has a sordid history of joining left-aligned groups in order to instigate violence, entirely so they could break up the groups. In fact, there were times when said groups had more members that were undercover agents than actual interested partisans.

Basically, this is suspicious as hell.
That link you give - that's the sort of thing the headline led me to expect was revealed.

It was a terrible headline.

Holy shit, Kavanaugh and co are so fucking slimy they literally tried to put the blame for the attempted rape on another classmate. In just a grotesque libelous way. ONE OF THE FUCKING PEOPLE THAT SIGNED THE LETTER ATTESTING TO HIS CHARACTER.

Dr. Ford said she's familiar with both and in no way mistook one for the other.

GOP demands she testify Monday or they'll go ahead with the vote anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.466349755d62

Billy Graham (continue being dead in hell) and his kin are still disgusting monsters.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...vanaugh-respected-his-victim-by-not-finishing

"Attempted rape isn't a crime" is...just plain nonsense? I'm pretty sure it's sexual assault, at the very least.
Can someone go kidnap that guy, hold a knife to his throat, then *not* kill him? That's "not a crime" either, right, I guess?

I really, really don't know how people who claim to be a moral compass for others can lose their way so much. It's rhetoric you'd expect from a convicted serial killer with a psychological problem, not a good shepherd.

"Attempted rape isn't a crime" is...just plain nonsense? I'm pretty sure it's sexual assault, at the very least.
Can someone go kidnap that guy, hold a knife to his throat, then *not* kill him? That's "not a crime" either, right, I guess?

I really, really don't know how people who claim to be a moral compass for others can lose their way so much. It's rhetoric you'd expect from a convicted serial killer with a psychological problem, not a good shepherd.
They were never about being a moral compass - they were about being in power and deciding what is and isn't sinful to stay in power.

Bought and paid for SCOTUS
Or tax-free evading by under-reporting his net worth/income. Either way not good. Or some inheritance he didn't declare. Or his wife had money. Or whatever - no matter, though, he has to explain where that money came from.

Or tax-free evading by under-reporting his net worth/income. Either way not good. Or some inheritance he didn't declare. Or his wife had money. Or whatever - no matter, though, he has to explain where that money came from.
He can't even explain where the money to pay off his gambling debts came from.