Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Fred Rogers can't be the only genuine pastor on television, right?
I for one don't see that (being a pstor and on TV) as enough to count as one.

Then i guess evangelism isn't supposed to be the same as proselytism (which is actually forbidden by Orthodox churches). But i for one will always thing of proselytism when someone says televangelists.

It's one thing to rant and rave about the unfairness of it all, but when you unironically say "all billionaires deserve to die," I'm out. And probably reporting that post to the relevant admins.

It's one thing to rant and rave about the unfairness of it all, but when you unironically say "all billionaires deserve to die," I'm out. And probably reporting that post to the relevant admins.
Deserve to die? Of course not, I don't believe anyone 'deserves' death, I certainly don't want anyone to die. But should they meet a guillotine, you know, I'm not gonna be surprised.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.” - Gandalf

Seriously though, y'all need to learn that you can think someone deserves to die, but understand that actually killing them isn't a good idea. World would be a better place if more people did.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ha! You think they'll give it to charities. They'll just find a way to give it to their enemies, or some scapegoat.
You have to actively cash a check, but I guess wire transfers can be kinda automatic, huh.

Plus I guess there's also the "huge pile of cash/gold bullion that doesn't get reported" workaround.

Ah well.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wow, I can hear grumpy old Boomers shouting "fake news" over this headline":
Why Aren't Millennials Spending? They're Poorer Than Previous Generations, Fed Says

You can't spend money you don't have? But that's not what the guy at the Capital One booth said when he gave me a free koozie!
I saw a comic somewhere, I wish I could find it, that basically said "IF YOU WANT US TO SPEND MONEY ON YOUR STUPID SHIT YOU HAVE TO PAY US ENOUGH TO NOT ONLY COVER LIVING EXPENSES, WHICH YOU ARE NOT, BUT ALSO ENOUGH TO BUY YOUR STUPID SHIT ON TOP OF THAT"

figmentPez

Staff member
I saw a comic somewhere, I wish I could find it, that basically said "IF YOU WANT US TO SPEND MONEY ON YOUR STUPID SHIT YOU HAVE TO PAY US ENOUGH TO NOT ONLY COVER LIVING EXPENSES, WHICH YOU ARE NOT, BUT ALSO ENOUGH TO BUY YOUR STUPID SHIT ON TOP OF THAT"

Sometimes I feel the internet was a mistake. False news and narrative can spread so quickly.

Was checking some stuff on Twitter when I saw the hashtag #StopTheLeftPurge trending at #1. I decided to see what it's about and it's just row after row after row of MAGAts and conservatives laughing at "leftists" and "libtards" for being banned from Twitter, and how they deserve it for letting conservatives get banned, etc. I was so confused because absolutely none of them pointed to a article or anything about a leftist getting banned, and pretty much none of it was liberals complaining about someone being banned. Any liberal reply I saw was just people being confused about what anyone was talking about.

I did more research into it, and the hashtag started in the UK as a call to arms about the Labor Party over possibly ousting some of their most leftist members. Somehow, this got mistaken as someone, a liberal activist no one can name, being banned from Twitter in the US, and exploded into just a circle jerk of right-wingers basically laughing at the phantom of leftists "raging" over censorship. Yet more proof on how something can be twisted and weaponized if enough people pile into it.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Unfortunately the conspiracy theorists think they know what step 2 is, a mandatory vaccine. It's a slippery slope argument. Giving into masks means giving into vaccines, which means giving up control of what children are taught, which turns the crank to snap the plank, and boots the marble right down the chute, now watch it roll, hit the pole, knock the ball in the rub-a-dub-tub, which flips the man into the pan, the trap is set, here comes the net!....

Some of them have thought this through, and no matter how convoluted the steps are, they haven't imagined underpants gnomes. Arguably, what they have imagined is themselves or, rather, their own style of prejudice and control turned against them. They see the combined control that their church/social/government amalgam has over their life, and imagine what happens if some other ideology gains that sort of power, and it terrifies them. But that's a real long discussion there, and it's secondary to the point.

Thu, Dec 3rd - Michigan's Attorney General Dana Nessel (a.k.a. "That other woman from Michigan") tells Republican challengers to the MI election results to "...put up or shut up."

Sat, Dec 5th - Dozens of armed protesters show up at the private residence of Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (a.k.a. "Holy Moses, who allowed MI to put so many women into positions of power?"), shouting obscenities and chanting into bullhorns while she and her 4yr old son put up decorations. Rumor has it this was NOT because of her gender, rather because she is the top election official in MI.

So add doxing and showing up with torches and pitchforks to the list of "Standard procedures for grievance" in Michigan, I guess?

--Patrick

As another aside on this whole thing, I find it interesting how a shit ton of these people are all for "States Rights" and even argue to death how the Civil War was for "States Rights", but now that a state is suing four other states over their election process, it's like "What are States Rights!?" I hope they like opening the box that gives half the states in the US the chance to sue Kentucky any time they don't like what Mitch McConnel does (Should it even go anywhere, and it likely won't.)

Also, sorry that my state is doing this shit, but just trust me that it's pretty much all Paxton and Cruz. Many of us here are just as bewildered.