Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
Rolling Stone: Fox Has a Secret ‘Oppo File’ to Keep Tucker Carlson in Check, Sources Say

"Fox News executives have in their possession a dossier of alleged dirt on Tucker Carlson should he attack the network in the wake of his departure, eight sources at and close to the network tell Rolling Stone."
"The file includes internal complaints regarding workplace conduct, disparaging comments about management and colleagues, and allegations that the now-former primetime host created a toxic work environment, three of the sources say."

The article alleges that Fox News keeps files like this on all it's employees, and also encourages them to complain about others so they can keep it on file.

Rolling Stone: Fox Has a Secret ‘Oppo File’ to Keep Tucker Carlson in Check, Sources Say

"Fox News executives have in their possession a dossier of alleged dirt on Tucker Carlson should he attack the network in the wake of his departure, eight sources at and close to the network tell Rolling Stone."
"The file includes internal complaints regarding workplace conduct, disparaging comments about management and colleagues, and allegations that the now-former primetime host created a toxic work environment, three of the sources say."

The article alleges that Fox News keeps files like this on all it's employees, and also encourages them to complain about others so they can keep it on file.
Not a single part of this surprises me. To be honest, I had assumed as much already.

figmentPez

Staff member
Not a single part of this surprises me. To be honest, I had assumed as much already.
I was kinda surprised there weren't hints of the oppo file containing more than just corporate backbiting, but maybe they just know they don't have to show the bullets for everyone to assume the gun is loaded.

We've done a self review and have decided we are great

Three students got into a loud argument. One, an immigrant from China, was shouting at the other two for displaying their "imperial whitewashed bias" against a "great" country like China. The other two students were Persian-American and Vietnamese-American, both the children of immigrants. Apparently it all started when one person said something along the lines of, "I like that America has so much diversity, especially in the [SF] Bay Area." And the other one flipped out, because of something about how they shouldn't say anything nice about the USA because it's not where their families came from.

Still not sure what the hell happened there, but it felt ugly.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Three students got into a loud argument. One, an immigrant from China, was shouting at the other two for displaying their "imperial whitewashed bias" against a "great" country like China. The other two students were Persian-American and Vietnamese-American, both the children of immigrants. Apparently it all started when one person said something along the lines of, "I like that America has so much diversity, especially in the [SF] Bay Area." And the other one flipped out, because of something about how they shouldn't say anything nice about the USA because it's not where their families came from.

Still not sure what the hell happened there, but it felt ugly.
For all our problems with race and culture, we got NOTHIN on the entrenched racism that is just accepted status quo in east Asia.

Or in the Middle East. My family moved to Egypt for a couple of years when I was in high school. We had a Sudanese maid who came by a few times a week. My Mom took her to a shopping center for groceries. The Egyptian cashier outright spat on the maid.

Then there was that time she was helping my Mom with the dishes. Our maid accidentally dropped a tea cup and it shattered. She instantly curled up into the fetal position because most Egyptian women would have started swinging. My Mom had to coax her out. It was just an accident and she had no reason to be annoyed. Even if she had been annoyed, she wouldn't have beaten the poor girl.

GasBandit

Staff member