[Brazelton] Gfycat

Did you upload that perfect reaction GIF to Gfycat? Or do you have a favorite? Well grab it locally or else get ready to kiss it goodbye.
They've been trying to attract someone to pick them up but there have been no takers, so they've decided to take themselves offline as of Sept 1 of this year.

--Patrick

Huh... I'm surprised, but now that I think about it, it seems like it's been a while since I've seen gifs hosted on Gfycat. Pretty much all of the gifs I see have linked to Imgur.

It's strange that for 20-someodd years we've been telling people, "Be careful what you put on the internet, it could be there forever!", and lately between this, Twitter, Reddit, etc. , it's like, "...well, maybe not.".

It's strange that for 20-someodd years we've been telling people, "Be careful what you put on the internet, it could be there forever!", and lately between this, Twitter, Reddit, etc. , it's like, "...well, maybe not.".
Or it'll end up a degraded quality mess covered in water marks

GasBandit

Staff member
This is going to absolutely devastate the Halforums House sims threads and the Deepfakes thread.

And unlike other services, gfycat doesn't give you a one-click "download everything of mine" button. If you want to back up stuff you have to go to each page, select HD, then download that one thing. Individually.

I have 300+ items on gfycat.

Last edited: