GOALS. The support thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Clean the damn kitchen.
2) Buy groceries for holiday baking.
3) Do holiday baking - I have a list of cookies, soft caramels, hard butterscotch candies, toffee, truffles, and a couple of sweet breads to get done, plus dipped pretzels, peppermint bark, and possibly more.
4) Hit up the international market and try to find Wonton skins.
5) Do all of my prep for egg rolls, teriyaki steak and chicken, and fried rice; which mainly just means getting the chicken breasts thawed out and getting them and the steaks in their marinade.

In short - fill the fridge and freezer with cooked food instead of raw ingredients and fill the house with cookies and candies and all of the wonderful smells that go with it, and get back into the Christmas mood.

Two days ago, I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but my goal is now to keep my blog going every weekday until January 8th with the possible exception of Christmas week (which I have off)

Yesterday I was so freaking exhausted I got home and took a nap. Then at 6, I got up and went out to a movie with friends, completely forgetting I even had a blog, let alone the fact that I owed it a post. Since my intended publish schedule has been Mon-Fri before 6:00 P.M. this is actually a bit distressing to me. I know I'm not a professional, but missing a post like that makes me feel so ... amateur.

Other goal is to start budgeting my money better. I'm flat broke now, and I don't get paid again until Tuesday. I didn't think I was cutting it this close, but apparently I was.

And sometime in the new year, I have a few others:
- Get into better shape, with the intention of joining a rowing team in the Regatta this year
- Attempt to sell one of the short stories I have finished. Also, finish more short stories

Cajungal

Staff member
UPDATE:

-Read 1-3 new books before school starts again (have ideas about what I want to read, but we'll see...)
*I've only read one new book... or only finished one new book. I had to cook so much in the past 2 weeks it got away from me. So I've reached the minimum but today I'm starting one of the books I got for Christmas.

-Walk at least 20 minutes EVERY DAY.
*Well, this hasn't worked out too well. I fell out of it for about a week after Christmas. I did a little with weights or took a stroll here or there, but that's all. However, I've restarted recently. I've been walking between 1.5 miles and 3 miles a day, plus Jake has been helping me do weights and some of his old football drills. Fun stuff. :)

-Write 10 or more chapters of any of the 3 books I'm working on... 10 chapters, period.... meaning I could do 3 here, 4 there, etc...
*3 finished. It's taking me a LONG time, but I'm putting out better stuff at least.

-Have a real heart-to-heart with my sister. We used to be a lot closer, and I want to use this time to reconnect.
*Kinda did this, but she's been so busy moving into her new house that there's not too much time for that. I did help her organize her new kitchen and gave her some french bread.

-OOH and also schedule the Praxis II!
*Doing that this week.

I have until the 14th or 15th to complete all my goals. How about y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.