Got FireFox? Got Greasemonkey? Want to ignore someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
If you have FireFox and GreaseMonkey you can ignore another user before the functionality is available in XenForo 1.1.

Create a gm script, copy this content

Code:
// ==UserScript==

// @name          ignorexxxx

// @namespace      xenforo

// @include        http://xenforo.com/community*

// ==/UserScript==

var listItems = document.getElementsByTagName('li');

for (var i = 0; i < listItems.length; i++) {

if (listItems[i].hasAttribute('data-author') && listItems[i].getAttribute('data-author') == 'xxxx') {

listItems[i].style.display = 'none';

}

}
and replace xxxx with the username you want to ignore.

I still hear you GasB, I will always hear you.... even if we're the last two left that can hear each other on the forums.... well you, Me, Mathias, Jay, @li3n, and Charlie (Just off the top of my head).

M

makare

why does @li3n make that list? I still don't understand peoples issue with him.

M

makare

Well... if you're a fan of grammar... the constant... ellipses can be... annoying... yeah...
hahaha that could be it. I am an abuser of ellipses myself.

Grammar is a prison. Break free.

GasBandit

Staff member
hahaha that could be it. I am an abuser of ellipses myself.

Grammar is a prison. Break free.
Yeah matter it doesn't if brain good can't for the speaking clear of. After all, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I made the list?

I MADE THE LIST!

Fluffer to me.... NOW!

tumblr_lobc1qS6qu1qgzpkao1_500.jpg

Added at: 15:22
ps: still waiting on a way to block 80% of the shit thread this forum offers off my WHAT'S NEW list.

C

Chibibar

I still hear you GasB, I will always hear you.... even if we're the last two left that can hear each other on the forums.... well you, Me, Mathias, Jay, @li3n, and Charlie (Just off the top of my head).
oh snap! I didn't make the list :(

I've been against the idea of the ability "ignore" ANYONE on the forums from Day One.

There's noone here that even remotely irritates me to the point of wanting to ignore them, and even then, I wouldn't ignore anyone. I find it much more invigorating to argue back, no matter how stupid the conversation gets.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think, really, if everybody on that list was locked in a room for 3 hours, when it was opened there would be nothing but a pulpy blood-flesh slurry left to come oozing out the door.

M

makare

Contrary to what people might think I am here to talk to people I enjoy talking to and I don't come here to argue or be entertained by other peoples freak outs/rage/insults. I guess that is why my favorite threads ARE the "spam" threads because they are always nice and friendly even if we take some jabs at each other.

M

makare

I guess I am too afraid I'll fuck something up to use that kind of ignore function :(

I'll just wait patiently for the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.