Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Aw, I has a sad. :(

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

NO

Piotyr

Piotyr

He did more than a lot of people realize. Wrote Animal House, directed Groundhog Day.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Damn it, there goes a man with a hand in a large part of my childhood. :(

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

:(

Dave

Dave

Did this one come out of left field for anyone else? I mean, I know that they were always being cagey about why there wasn't going to be a Ghostbusters reunion, but I had no clue the dude was even sick.

This sucks bigtime.

Just Me

Just Me

Oh shit, that one came out of left field. :(

I know what he did and how much it influenced what I grew up to love and still love.

I'm off, having some red wine and a lot of good laughs watching 'Caddyshack' while being sad.

Krisken

Krisken

Well... fuck.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Augh!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

:(

I'm gonna watch Ghostbusters I and II tonight.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sucks to lose some one that always seemed to be one of the good guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1393267401,1393267365][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, It did come out of left field, I am quite shocked.

Eriol

Eriol

People often forget how much "Caddyshack" meant to a certain generation. Not for me, before my time, but my parents reference it enough that it was "the thing" for them.

Krisken

Krisken

Caddyshack, Ghost Busters, Groundhog Day, Stripes. Huge parts of my childhood.

Piotyr

Piotyr

When being a Ghostbuster doesn't make the top 5 things about your film career, you're kind of a big deal.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Heartbreaking. :(

Fun Size

Fun Size

I was just saying of Facebook that I grew up watching Caddyshack and National Lampoon's Vacation, but Ghostbusters is the first movie I memorized word for word. I suspect that he had a lot to do with my sense of humor, which is basically saying he had a lot to do with who I am.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

God. Dammit.

Basically what Special KO said... the man was such an influence on me growing up through various works... he's helped to guide and build who I am, insofar as appreciation for zany and dry comedies are...

Fuck dammit.

Frank

Frank

/Sees Harold Ramis as the newest post in General.

/Hopes when he clicks that it's missing the Brazleton tag

/Is disappointed

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I bought Vacation, Animal House, and Caddyshack on Blu-ray at lunch today

jwhouk

jwhouk

I guess my thread got lost in the shuffle. :(

MindDetective

MindDetective

I guess my thread got lost in the shuffle. :(
All of the timestamps I see say you were 6 hours too late.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I didn't see anything with Ramis' death out there, so I created a thread. Meh, doesn't matter.

All the stuff he's been a part of - including the "Analyze" movies with Crystal and DeNiro. It's just sad how it went out.

Good thing Twinkies are back; we can celebrate this by visualizing an "awfully big Twinkie."

PatrThom

PatrThom

JUD62CH.jpg

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Thank you for sharing that. I found his insight on being a part of the making of "Groundhog Day" to be incredibly interesting.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Egon Ghost Trap.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

"I once got my ass kicked in Wisconsin."

Krisken

Krisken

"I once got my ass kicked in Wisconsin."
Which is such a great response to Bill Murray's "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia, it'll be like going to Wisconsin".

For any of you younger kids out there, this was during the Cold War.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

General Specific

General Specific

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Wow, I could listen to this guy all day. Apparently, he has a podcast series called The Stephen Tobolowsky Files. I'll definitely be checking more of these.

evilmike

evilmike

Attachments

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

GasBandit

GasBandit

Odd... the console versions get it but not the PC version?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Odd... the console versions get it but not the PC version?
EA stopped supporting DLC on the PC version like, right after release. It's never gotten any of the DLC. But you can unlock all of the cards just by using a save editor, since it's all included in the code anyway and the dlc codes just enable it.

evilmike

evilmike

Bill Murry added an ad lib at the end of the list of nominees for Best Cinematography at the Oscars last night:

Dave

Dave

Yeah that was sweet. But I thought for the in memorium, they should have ended with Ramis - a talented guy who did it all instead of just acting. Instead, they ended with Philip Hoffman, a guy who was a great actor but basically killed himself. Ramis should have been the final, lingering shot.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Yeah that was sweet. But I thought for the in memorium, they should have ended with Ramis - a talented guy who did it all instead of just acting. Instead, they ended with Philip Hoffman, a guy who was a great actor but basically killed himself. Ramis should have been the final, lingering shot.
Addiction is a disease just like the vascular something Ramis had.

Dave

Dave

Addiction is a disease just like the vascular something Ramis had.
I disagree.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I disagree.
Research would seem to confirm that there is something to this.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Research would seem to confirm that there is something to this.

--Patrick
While I agree that addiction is a disease, it is not a comparable disease to what Ramis had. Ramis would have had this regardless of his life choices. Hoffman never would have gotten hooked had he not pumped himself full of illegal chemicals in the first place. He made a conscious choice to start using and his "disease" was a result. It would be like saying slamming my hand over and over again with a hammer is an injury. Yes, it is, but had I not slammed myself with the hammer I would have voided said injury. It's a matter of choices.

And this is coming from a guy whose dad was a raging alcoholic.