Harry Potter 6: Half-Blood Prince (film) (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I would do her in ways the ancient [hr:3eibp01f][/hr:3eibp01f]Indian people would have not been able to even PICTURE while creating the Kama Sutra.

Cajungal

Staff member
Gotta say I'm a little surprised by people's reactions by now. The books seem to get longer and more complex with every addition to the story. And they have roughly the same amount of time to fit the story in for each one. So more and more has to be removed. I could have done with less Hermione/Ron stuff, but whatever, I'm sure that helps it appeal to the younger crowd. I'm gonna say what either CdS or Kissinger has said over and over--but instead of applying it to sequels/remakes I'm going to apply it to film interpretations of movies: It doesn't mean you don't have to stop enjoying the book(s). They're still there, intact. So read and enjoy.

(Sorry my coworker's been going on about it since I got here.)

-- Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:54 pm --

Ok, surprised is not the right word.... but it's definitely some emotion.

I have had countless friends and not-friends write comments and blogs about how there are so many plot holes in this movie. I had no idea what they were talking about, since it seemed pretty fine as a movie to me. But they're talking about plot holes that only people that read the book would ever know existed. This is inane to me. The movies and the books are separate.

Of course they are. The only situation where this plotholes can be relevant is when they conflict with some important point of the las book, i.e. the next two movies.

B

Biardo

what suprised me (having never read the book) was that there where so many getting 'high' moments in the movie

I really didn't like the movie much at first, right after I saw it, but thinking back about it, it did have a good mood to it and some interesting choises in Cinematography

My opinion is that the movie works as a movie, but not if you've read the book.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the death of Dumbledore would make a good "OWNED" .gif?

Holy fucking moon people!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ABKwflFZ0:3grfs7il][/youtube:3grfs7il]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_4j68l7Jo:3grfs7il][/youtube:3grfs7il]

The whole plots of MANY of the HP books/movies is either a Chekhov's Gun, or a straight-out MacGuffin. And the entire SERIES suffers from the Checkhov's Armoury problem of "if anything is named, mentioned, or whatever, it MUST have massive significance, somehow, later."

Yes I've been spending WAY too much time over at TVTropes.org. Damn you xkcd and mentioning it!

Status
Not open for further replies.