[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

Hah. SUHPRISE, MUTHAFUCKA

So, played through the tutorial junk and then did a Practice. I like Muradin, which makes me happy as I've always liked him as a character (and Mountain Kings are fucking awesome). I'll definitely have to keep an eye on who else goes free in the coming weeks, there's a few characters that look like they'd be fun. I'll probably give Rehgar a go tomorrow, and then take a look at the rest.

Also, count me into the group looking forward to Lost Vikings.
You should add your battletag over to this thread https://www.halforums.com/xenforo/t...storming-it-up-better-than-halle-berry.31099/

I managed to get enough gold to unlock Uther. I like playing tanks, I like playing support, he seemed like a nice mix of the two. I've been loving him so far. He's got heals for days (though not to the extent LiLi has) and can also stun and bodyblock with the best of them.

My best hero so far is Illidan. Took a bit of practice to get good with him, but I really love his style.

It's a great feeling to join a game, have your team bitch at you for picking what they think is a terrible hero, and then just rock the game hard.

My best hero so far is Illidan. Took a bit of practice to get good with him, but I really love his style.

It's a great feeling to join a game, have your team bitch at you for picking what they think is a terrible hero, and then just rock the game hard.
I get that feeling with Abathur. After having a chance to play him a little more with his changes, he's a BEAST. Especially when you get the double symbiote talent. I was able to wreck face by parasiting both tanks. With the talent, when you cast your spike or spine burst, it comes from both heroes that you have infested. Unfortunately we lost that game after I cleared ALL their towers straight to the core, but the DPS decided that they were going to flog the dog while we were pushing the core and lost us the game. But MAN, his new ultimate combined with the locust swarm can just destroy a fort like nothing.

I get that feeling with Abathur. After having a chance to play him a little more with his changes, he's a BEAST. Especially when you get the double symbiote talent. I was able to wreck face by parasiting both tanks. With the talent, when you cast your spike or spine burst, it comes from both heroes that you have infested. Unfortunately we lost that game after I cleared ALL their towers straight to the core, but the DPS decided that they were going to flog the dog while we were pushing the core and lost us the game. But MAN, his new ultimate combined with the locust swarm can just destroy a fort like nothing.
The only thing I don't like about his new ultimate is how squishy it is. It can ramp up if left alone, but a smart enemy isn't going to leave it alone. And because it's treated like a minion, it draws fort/tower aggro and can be burst down pretty quick.

I think they need to either give it more starting health, or treat it like a hero rather than a minion.

It's fine the way it is. When you parasite on it, you gain full control of it so that solves the drawing tower aggro problem. The one thing I learned about the new ult is that it is NOT meant to deal with heroes, it's meant to assist with pushes, and in that it accomplishes its purpose in spades. Plus, if you have the double symbiote I mentioned above, you can take control of the monstrosity AND cast with a member of the team.

Abathur should always be split pushing and tearing down lanes when the enemy is occupied with other stuff. Too many Abathurs focus on one lane only until they push it down to the core and the only way you can keep the enemy off balance enough to deal with them is to be using burrow to get all over the map and push multiple lanes simultaneously.

It's fine the way it is. When you parasite on it, you gain full control of it so that solves the drawing tower aggro problem. The one thing I learned about the new ult is that it is NOT meant to deal with heroes, it's meant to assist with pushes, and in that it accomplishes its purpose in spades. Plus, if you have the double symbiote I mentioned above, you can take control of the monstrosity AND cast with a member of the team.

Abathur should always be split pushing and tearing down lanes when the enemy is occupied with other stuff. Too many Abathurs focus on one lane only until they push it down to the core and the only way you can keep the enemy off balance enough to deal with them is to be using burrow to get all over the map and push multiple lanes simultaneously.
Even when you're controlling it, the towers still treat it as a minion.

All it takes is to pop out of tower range and then back in. Towers always prioritize the nearest minion.

But regardless, I've found that with a full swarm push, you can destroy buildings before that even becomes an issue.

The only problem with Abathur is that, while he's great at split pushing, having him on your team turns nearly every teamfight into a 4v5. And teamfights seem far more important at the moment than the ability to split push.

I think he still needs a lot of work, or the game overall needs to be tweaked to allow split pushing to be more viable. It's why Azmodan is so weak at the moment as well.

The only problem with Abathur is that, while he's great at split pushing, having him on your team turns nearly every teamfight into a 4v5. And teamfights seem far more important at the moment than the ability to split push.

I think he still needs a lot of work, or the game overall needs to be tweaked to allow split pushing to be more viable. It's why Azmodan is so weak at the moment as well.
Again, I think that's due to bad players, not the character itself. You should be split pushing and assisting. Abathur's designed to do both at the same time, but is stronger than one over the other based on what talents are chosen.

What that means is the map you're on and the enemy team comp should completely determine what talents you select. You can build Abathur for pure team fights.

While looking at pictures of the new lunar tiger mount, I noticed something... Jaina rides side saddle.

Jaina is a classy lady

That will obliterate you with frost magic

Yeah, I noticed that too. She rides side saddle on every mount.

CLASSY. AS. FUCK.

One thing that kind of irks me is that one of the level rewards are mount variations and most of the heroes I love, Falstad, Abathur, Anub'arak, etc, don't use mounts, so no reward for that level :(

CLASSY. AS. FUCK.

One thing that kind of irks me is that one of the level rewards are mount variations and most of the heroes I love, Falstad, Abathur, Anub'arak, etc, don't use mounts, so no reward for that level :(
Not every mount, I've noticed she rides astride on the big lizard.

Being an Illidan player, I always like to see Illidan getting played. A lot of people think he sucks, just because he's hard to use. Today while leveling up Tyrande, I was up against an Illidan player that was pretty good, and was becoming a terror to our team.

Until I picked up shrink ray.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Also, is there anything more satisfying than getting an owl kill from halfway across the map? Message from Hogwarts: fuck you!

CLASSY. AS. FUCK.

Yeah Sgt. Hammer has a jet boost CD instead of a mount. Would be nice if non mount heroes could get a bonus colour scheme instead or something of that nature.

Yeah Sgt. Hammer has a jet boost CD instead of a mount. Would be nice if non mount heroes could get a bonus colour scheme instead or something of that nature.
If they were really creative, they'd have variants of the unique modes of transport, like different flame effects for Azmodan's fire feet, different color wings for Anub'arak and Zagara, Different thrusters for Hammer, Flight animations for Falstad, etc...

If they were really creative, they'd have variants of the unique modes of transport, like different flame effects for Azmodan's fire feet, different color wings for Anub'arak and Zagara, Different thrusters for Hammer, Flight animations for Falstad, etc...
Just let hammer's mount ride on top of the tank.

Also, Azmodan can ride the flying carpet. He even puts his arms out... all that's missing is him making airplane noises.

Azmodan is Aladdin confirmed.

I can show you the world... IT WILL BURN.

Abathur is on sale right now, so I decided to pick him up. I'm still of the opinion that he's bad right now, but they'll buff him eventually, and he's fun, so why not.

While leveling him up to 5, I had an interesting game on Dragon Shire. Team seems focused on chasing after the enemy and refuses to capture the shrines.

*sighs*

You guys are gonna force me to do this, aren't you?

*starts burrowing* the shit I put up with.

DRAGONTHUR! Come to save the day!

Abathur is on sale right now, so I decided to pick him up. I'm still of the opinion that he's bad right now, but they'll buff him eventually, and he's fun, so why not.

While leveling him up to 5, I had an interesting game on Dragon Shire. Team seems focused on chasing after the enemy and refuses to capture the shrines.

*sighs*

You guys are gonna force me to do this, aren't you?

*starts burrowing* the shit I put up with.

DRAGONTHUR! Come to save the day!
I've captured the shrine many times with Abathur. You just have to be prepared to run away before the timer runs out, or you're dead meat.

Abathur can also take merc camps, but you have to rely on timing it right with your locust spawn and placing mines at the camp. He used to have bribe and I think removing that removing that talent was one of the things that really nerfed him. I think if they moved his symbiote copy ability further up his talent tree, it would go a long way to making him more powerful.

I've captured the shrine many times with Abathur. You just have to be prepared to run away before the timer runs out, or you're dead meat.

Abathur can also take merc camps, but you have to rely on timing it right with your locust spawn and placing mines at the camp. He used to have bribe and I think removing that removing that talent was one of the things that really nerfed him. I think if they moved his symbiote copy ability further up his talent tree, it would go a long way to making him more powerful.
Yeah, I was jungling with him. Pretty easy once you get the spawn three locusts ability.

So, I'm still reading the patch notes, but damn did they nerf Chen. This surprises me, did anyone think Chen needed a nerf? They've taken away a lot of his damage potential and returned him to basically just a shielding tank.

Brightwing and Arthas nerfs were expected. Anub'arak got a slight buff in that he gets rewind again, but rewind has been moved to level 20.

Illidan loses executioner. This makes me sad, I had fun duo-queuing with a Jaina or Thrall and obliterating people with that slow/extra damage combo.[DOUBLEPOST=1423587134,1423587033][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, wow... Murky nerfs? He now grants 1/4 hero experience when killed, loses killstreaks when killed even without an egg death, and loses gathering power.

Well thank god that Murky threat has been taken care of...

Yeah, I was jungling with him. Pretty easy once you get the spawn three locusts ability.

So, I'm still reading the patch notes, but damn did they nerf Chen. This surprises me, did anyone think Chen needed a nerf? They've taken away a lot of his damage potential and returned him to basically just a shielding tank.

Brightwing and Arthas nerfs were expected. Anub'arak got a slight buff in that he gets rewind again, but rewind has been moved to level 20.

Illidan loses executioner. This makes me sad, I had fun duo-queuing with a Jaina or Thrall and obliterating people with that slow/extra damage combo.[DOUBLEPOST=1423587134,1423587033][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, wow... Murky nerfs? He now grants 1/4 hero experience when killed, loses killstreaks when killed even without an egg death, and loses gathering power.

To be fair, standing and drinking was kind of what Chen already did best.[DOUBLEPOST=1423587361][/DOUBLEPOST]
[/DOUBLEPOST]Also, wow... Murky nerfs? He now grants 1/4 hero experience when killed, loses killstreaks when killed even without an egg death, and loses gathering power.

DAFUQ? Murky was already almost dead last in the MMR rankings according to HOTSlogs. WTF?

Blizzard said:
Hey, let's design a character entirely on a death and respawn mechanic, then make it so that it's detrimental for that character to do exactly what we designed his mechanics to do.

Tyreal loses cast aside!? There goes my reason to ever play him.

Tychus gets a rather big nerf to his odin. It now has the same health % that Tychus has when he casts it, and Tychus dies if its destroyed while he's in it. Guess it's time to try using the laser.

Zeratul can no longer prison-steal merc camps.[DOUBLEPOST=1423587654,1423587552][/DOUBLEPOST]
To be fair, standing and drinking was kind of what Chen already did best.
True, and I like that mechanic, but without the damage he has no reason to stand and drink, because the enemy has no reason to target him.

True, and I like that mechanic, but without the damage he has no reason to stand and drink, because the enemy has no reason to target him.
They do once he gets the talent that gives his shield to everyone around him, which, really is the only talent from that tier people ever take.

I had said this morning that I wasn't going to get the vikings, because their play style is too weird.

So, I got the vikings.

My brain hurts now.

I've played two games with them so far. Won both! I've been keeping two together (Olaf and Baelog, the big and medium ones) while the third (Erik, the fastest) is used to soak xp lanes that are empty or aid with some added range dps other heroes. And bringing all of them together for team fights. When all together, they actually are pretty formidable, with Olaf hopefully tanking and Baelog and Erik damaging from range. They can put out some surprising hurt when concentrated on a single hero. Their lack of a mount means positioning is all the more important, though Erik is faster than other heroes on foot and is decent at chasing.

Also, the viking longboat is just too cute. They even sing a little shanty while piloting it. It also has its own life bar, similar to Tychus's Odin pre-nerf.