[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

He is interesting. People compare him to Sonya a lot but he feels even squishier than her. Also his prism ability is the most disappointing ability ever hehe. Not so much the range but how much of an easy skill shot it is to dodge for the range it has.

So, Pre-Purchase of Overwatch is available now. If you pre-order it, you get a bunch of extra stuff, INCLUDING Tracer for Heroes of the Storm, so that's official now, They WILL be incorporating heroes from Overwatch into the Nexus. Can't wait for Winston.

So, Pre-Purchase of Overwatch is available now. If you pre-order it, you get a bunch of extra stuff, INCLUDING Tracer for Heroes of the Storm, so that's official now, They WILL be incorporating heroes from Overwatch into the Nexus. Can't wait for Winston.
Well, that at least tells us what they're pricing structure is. It's a full retail title, instead of free to play and buying heroes.

World Championship just wrapped up!

Cloud 9 beat out Dignitas
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

The next three heroes have been officially announced. Cho'gal, Lunara (basically the dryad from WC3), and Genn Greymane.

So, Cho'Gal is pretty weird... and amazing. Leave it to blizzard to take an april fools joke and make it something awesome. For anyone that doesn't know, Cho'Gal is the two-headed ogre mage, and requires TWO people to play as him, one person controlling Cho and the other controlling Gal.

Only people who attended blizzcon or had a virtual ticket (me!) have him, but you can unlock him yourself by playing with people that use him. I will happily lend my services for this.

So, Cho'Gal is pretty weird... and amazing. Leave it to blizzard to take an april fools joke and make it something awesome. For anyone that doesn't know, Cho'Gal is the two-headed ogre mage, and requires TWO people to play as him, one person controlling Cho and the other controlling Gal.

Only people who attended blizzcon or had a virtual ticket (me!) have him, but you can unlock him yourself by playing with people that use him. I will happily lend my services for this.
/raises hand excitedly

Man, I wanted to say I loved Cho'Gal in WCII, but not wanting to make a fool of myself, I thought I'd check it was him before commenting. The wiki doesn't even list WCII appearances or story! I had to go look deep and far to find that, yes, the guy I was thinking of is well and good the same guy. Pfft.

Anyway, hurray for WCII charactres making an appearance.

Hey there Poe, ol' buddy, ol' pal. Man I was just thinking about all the great times we've had together. Like that one time! Or that other!

Say, friend, what are you doing later?

I actually unlocked him today as well.

Honestly, I never would have even gotten him if you couldn't get him for free.
I've been in the middle of a 14 hour long overnight shift, and then sleeping all day to recover... can someone that doesn't own him play him with someone that does? I'll happily let people ride along.

I've been in the middle of a 14 hour long overnight shift, and then sleeping all day to recover... can someone that doesn't own him play him with someone that does? I'll happily let people ride along.
That's how you spread him. Someone who has him play with someone that doesn't. Sooo...

Goddamn you, Blizzard. The Vulture bike was one of my most looked-forward-to mounts and it's locked behind a recruit a friend scheme. Any friend I have who would play HOTS already is.

Goddamn you, Blizzard. The Vulture bike was one of my most looked-forward-to mounts and it's locked behind a recruit a friend scheme. Any friend I have who would play HOTS already is.
This is my problem with WoW right now. I want the new mounts like the fancy hippogryph and the Cindermane Charger, but I don't have anyone I know that does not play or has had an account before. :( I will also probably never get that bike in HOTS, lol.

Apparently it takes 10 hours to level a smurf account in Vs Ai. Sucks but Vulture mount!

EDIT:

Also for those who also play WoW.
Mrgrgrlrl

Last edited:
Apparently muradin's avatar ult doesn't stun on Auto attacks anymore.

Azula joined the nexus and the avatar goes down a peg. Well played fire nation.

I don't know if that's because March, or whether it's actually a month early.

--Patrick
It's going to be released as a prize to everyone that attends the Heroes of the Dorm event, and the final color option on it will depend on the winning team. It's also available for the top 500 winners in the Heroes of the Dorm brackets, or for everyone else if they are willing to pay for it.

And it's based on this:

Wow. Lotta changes today.
I know they come out with patches for HotS just about every 2-3wks, I hope this amount of reworking is not the norm.

--Patrick

Wow. Lotta changes today.
I know they come out with patches for HotS just about every 2-3wks, I hope this amount of reworking is not the norm.

--Patrick
Not typically. Usually the weekly/bi weekly patches are small adjustments to characters. Massive reworks are like a 3-6 month cycle.