[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

So, I've had the greatest win streak with Leoric. I'm really enjoying him. He may supplant Anub'arak as my go to tank.

I actually stopped play Arthas a while ago, he's still a strong tank, but Leoric is so much fun. Muradin is still my favorite tank, though.

We already knew the monk was coming. His name is officially Kharazim.
C'mon, all that eastern european imagery and names, and he does get a slavic sounding name... colour me disappoint.

New heroes to follow are Rexxar and Artanis, two heroes that I know people have been clamoring for.
Who are you people that want Artanis as a Zealot over Fenix?

Full nme and addresses pls, so i can Jay and Silent Bob you... you bastards.

C'mon, all that eastern european imagery and names, and he does get a slavic sounding name... colour me disappoint.

Who are you people that want Artanis as a Zealot over Fenix?

Full nme and addresses pls, so i can Jay and Silent Bob you... you bastards.

Blizzard was actually upfront as to why they chose Artanis. Fenix was the original idea, and they decided early on that they wanted to include his lore of coming back as a dragoon as a mechanic for him. But they were in the middle of developing Leoric, and didn't want to have so many death/resurrection mechanics coming out at once and feeling stale, so they changed their idea to Artanis, who will also have a big role in legacy of the void.

tl;dr Fenix is coming, he's just on hold for now.

I'm just KILLING it with Leoric.

All hail the Skeleton King!!!
Tried him out now that things are installed. I can see why I might like him. He has about 20 different ways to heal and he stays on the battlefield when he's dead. I had to stand in the enemy fire of a keep and 2 forts + minions before he started receiving enough damage to actually kill him before the structures would run out of ammo.

--Patrick

Tried him out now that things are installed. I can see why I might like him. He has about 20 different ways to heal and he stays on the battlefield when he's dead. I had to stand in the enemy fire of a keep and 2 forts + minions before he started receiving enough damage to actually kill him before the structures would run out of ammo.

--Patrick
He's not quite -that- tanky, unless he has a hero nearby that he can leech off of. Or unless you were in try mode, with malfuriobot healing you.

I was in try mode, but I was all by myself behind the enemy gate (wraithed through it). I was level 20, they were level 18.
I had eaten a number of regen globes, though.

--Patrick

In real combat, he can take a decent beating, but still isn't as tanky as Muradin, but his slow is great and if you can land your Drain Hope, you can take some punishment.

I was in try mode, but I was all by myself behind the enemy gate (wraithed through it). I was level 20, they were level 18.
I had eaten a number of regen globes, though.

--Patrick
Oh, at level 20 just about every character can absorb quite a few tower shots. They're not really meant to be the big scary deterrent by that point anymore, and the more levels past 20 you go the more irrelevant they get. This is by design, it forces the game to end.

I know, it's just that I was trying to see what his death mechanic was like at lvl20, except that I was having so much difficulty actually killing him.

--Patrick

Blizzard was actually upfront as to why they chose Artanis. Fenix was the original idea, and they decided early on that they wanted to include his lore of coming back as a dragoon as a mechanic for him. But they were in the middle of developing Leoric, and didn't want to have so many death/resurrection mechanics coming out at once and feeling stale, so they changed their idea to Artanis, who will also have a big role in legacy of the void.

tl;dr Fenix is coming, he's just on hold for now.
I'll believe it when i see it...

I'll believe it when i see it...
I'm fairly certain after the next few heroes, they're going to do the same thing with Starcraft that they did with Diablo recently. There are absolutely NO Starcraft themed maps yet, and I'm sure that they will have a series of starcraft heroes, including Fenix who will come along with it. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do that before the Diablo thing to cross promote Legacy of the Void.

I'm fairly certain after the next few heroes, they're going to do the same thing with Starcraft that they did with Diablo recently. There are absolutely NO Starcraft themed maps yet, and I'm sure that they will have a series of starcraft heroes, including Fenix who will come along with it. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do that before the Diablo thing to cross promote Legacy of the Void.
There are -no- game themed maps currently, except for the diablo themed ones now being added. All other maps are a part of a new 'nexus universe' that they're establishing, and it's where some of the skins come from. Anubis Tassadar, for example, is from the sky temple universe.

Yeah, but honestly, look at the current maps and tell me they're not heavily inspired by WoW. They have Scifi heroes, they should have some sci fi themed maps.

Yeah, but honestly, look at the current maps and tell me they're not heavily inspired by WoW. They have Scifi heroes, they should have some sci fi themed maps.
I have no idea why Blackheart's Bay isn't Booty Bay.

It is surprising that they don't have any sci-fi themed maps though, when "The Nexus" itself has a sci-fi aesthetic.

Damn it, now I have to level a character up to 70 next season in Diablo 3[DOUBLEPOST=1439936189,1439936150][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, i was literally 2 damn wins away from getting the Hearthstone mount when that ended.

"Man, so DPS monk has some surprising burst potential," he said while waiting to respawn.

I haven't played him yet, except for try mode on the PTR, but he can be a real pain as an opponent. Receiving a solid dash+attack speed boost combo can hurt a lot if he takes the "your Q has a bunch of punches also" talent. And lord help you if you're even a little bit away from your team and he gets a 7 sided strike off.

He feels like a powerful opponent early on if he's going DPS. Later in the game though when me and my team were catching up we were able to take him down easily enough if he started to get separated from his team.

My buddy was playing monk on our team tonight and lemme tell you that support ult is amazing. It's basically an ancestral healing but doesn't have to worry about burst as much. There was an interesting interaction I noticed in our first game though. I was playing Uther and had just died. While dead Monk started taking a knight camp, but the rest of the team didn't come help. I made my way over after I rezzed and he used divine palm on himself right as my Q heal hit him. So my Q healed him, saving him from death but not as much as his divine palm would have healed him for. We were almost in a bad spot just because my basic heal only really delayed his probable death slightly. Luckily we finished the camp without him going down but it was actually pretty close. That'll be something to consider when going with a double support comp. So with this I feel like he actually wouldn't mesh well with the other top tier healers who all have AOE healing.

Divine palm is awesome, but a good team will switch targets once they see someone get it, meaning you have to wait as late as possible to get the most out of it.

DPS monk is a thing, but it shouldn't be. Sure, he's strong early on, but he falls off when it counts. Besides, support monk is just so much better, the constant heals he puts out are amazing.

He complements Raynor nicely.

He's like LiLi, except that instead of throwing bottles, he heals you while hitting the other guy.

--Patrick
That's just from his passive. Breath of heaven is also a decent aoe heal that can be talented to heal even more and heal twice, add movement speed, as well as a dash that can jump to a friendly to apply that heal with -and- talent to give move speed as well. Support monk saves lives, disengages like a pro, and can boost teammates to secure kills.

But yeah, like LiLi, he's mostly wasted if going damage. Though a hybrid may do well.

I feel like seven sided strike is going to be one of those ultimates that gets picked for a while, but eventually the shine will wear off, whereas his other ultimate is infinitely useful. Especially if you upgrade it so that the cooldown gets greatly reduced if it doesn't proc.

I dunno. I feel like the ability rates with Zagara's Devouring Maw at picking off a straggling enemy hero. There's still enough other healing for when you're in a posse, pushing down a lane, but the ability to pop off an 11-sided strike when one of your teammates stuns/slows a retreating hero is too good an idea to pass up.

We'll see how things go in play, of course.

--Patrick

Eh, too easily avoidable, unlike the maw. Also, Maw is best for group CC and setting up wombo combos, not individual stragglers. Also, the more targets there are, the more useless it becomes, so all the enemy team needs to do is stay grouped together to make it nearly useless.

The ability to cheat death, however, is infinitely more useful in a higher level of play.

Eh, too easily avoidable, unlike the maw. Also, Maw is best for group CC and setting up wombo combos, not individual stragglers. Also, the more targets there are, the more useless it becomes, so all the enemy team needs to do is stay grouped together to make it nearly useless.

The ability to cheat death, however, is infinitely more useful in a higher level of play.
Seven sided strike isn't of any use in group play, which is when most of the game matters. And even if using it to pick off a straggler, it's far too easy to simply walk out of it and avoid most of the damage.