[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

it's far too easy to simply walk out of it and avoid most of the damage.
Agreed!
Just saying that if you're on the ball, you can quickly turn from healing your own guys into unhealing the other guys.
It might just be me, but I absolutely can't stand having a character who is locked into one and only one role.

--Patrick

Let's get a game night going sometimes soon. When is good for everyone? I'm assuming weekend at some point?

That was the first thing I noticed while looking at the skin tints. I was flipping through them and I stopped all of a sudden... Ang??
And Roku![DOUBLEPOST=1440123189,1440122913][/DOUBLEPOST]Though, I suppose the Aang one looks more like Tenzin

I am enjoying the Azmo changes, being able to spec into mana reduction for any of the basic abilities is a hell-forged blessing. Also the new Storm talent is nice having two charges of generals is much more useful than Storm Shield I find on Azmo.

I am enjoying the Azmo changes, being able to spec into mana reduction for any of the basic abilities is a hell-forged blessing. Also the new Storm talent is nice having two charges of generals is much more useful than Storm Shield I find on Azmo.
I love new pushmo. He can just tear through shit with his giant army of rampaging demons.

I'm fairly certain after the next few heroes, they're going to do the same thing with Starcraft that they did with Diablo recently. There are absolutely NO Starcraft themed maps yet, and I'm sure that they will have a series of starcraft heroes, including Fenix who will come along with it.
Yeah, i mean Fenix particularly, they certainly will be bringing in SC maps and things once LotV comes out...

I think he's going to be interesting. I'm curious as to how powerful each half will really be. It kind of sounds like Misha will be more bruiser-y and rely on healing from both the team support and Rexxar. I'm also curious as to how much EXP each will grant. Maybe 25% from Misha and 75% from Rexxar? 50/50?

Game is broke
Are you getting the version mismatch bug? Here's how I fixed it. When you get the error, it'll kick you to the default login screen (which you normally never see if launching from the launcher). Go ahead and log in, start the game, it'll be kinda slow and wonky and will eventually give you an error. Exit the game, make sure hots is set to run as an administrator (don't know if this is required, but I did it) and relaunch the game. It should launch as normal and allow you to play.

Dangit, forgot to log in before today to get Diablo for free and get my treasure demon portrait.
EDIT: Oh wait ha ha it looks like I did get Diablo or else had already bought him.

--Patrick

So, after some testing, I've come to the conclusion that Rexxar isn't as horrible as everyone thought. All he needs is some bug fixes and some quality of life changes to be on par with the other heroes.

Initial reaction: omg he's so bad ffs

Aside from bugs (like not getting credit for hunter-gatherer globes if someone else picks up the health regen globe... and that includes Misha) the main problem he has is the Misha AI. Controlling the bear can be frustrating, because you have very limited control of where she will go. D toggles her between aggressive and passive, and while aggressive she will rush towards your target to attack, while passive she will run back to you. Unfortunately she won't run -behind- you, which is often where you want her to go when pulling her back to keep her from getting killed, so you're forced to run back to get her to follow and get her out of danger. What I'd love to see is to have D changed from a stance toggle to an attack-control, the same other minions are controlled like Kerrigan's ultralisk or Jaina's water elemental. Pressing D on an enemy will order her to attack that enemy, d on the ground will issue a move command, etc.

Pros:
- He can jungle like a boss, taking the easy prey talent at level 4 allows you to take bruiser camps early, and you can even solo boss if you really want to.
- Misha's stun is amazing. Especially if talented to have lower cooldowns. She can stun whole teams, several times during a fight, and is a force to be reckoned with. With the right talents she's also hard for the enemy team to take down, just make sure they don't take down Rexxar instead.
- He makes Duran Duran references and looks like Batman.

Cons:
- If the enemy team walks past Misha to attack him, he's super squishy. He has less hp than Thrall, and his only form of escape is if Misha is in range to land her skillshot charge stun, or if you hit with your skillshot bird slow and limp away. Positioning is important.
- Speaking of positioning, his attack range is way too short.
- Misha AI is dumb. She once spent 10 minutes of a game stuck on a wall. They also really need to add an icon for her on the minimap, because I didn't know where the hell she was.
- He can't bypass forts and go straight for core. This really should have been his passive. If the base plays taunt we still go face.
- Refuses to trade

I take advantage of the sales every where. I don't mind dropping 5 on a hero once in a while. Time to add thrall to my collection

OUCH, right in the wallet. That Medic Metroid master skin? perfect. Also, I HAVE TO HAVE that new Falstad skin, and a freakin VULTURE???? GOD YES.
my body is ready.gif

So with the NA championships they announced that the winning teams comp would all go on sale. The winning team?

Malfurion
Muradin
Jaina
Sonya
Tyrande

All of whom I own, and even for everyone else only one of them is 10k gold I think.

And the team that lost had Karazim, leoric, johana whom I'd love to get.

She looks kinda boring, but will probably be a must have due to her being a full on healer.
I think she looks really fun, but I disagree she will be a must have. She has very strong single target, sustained heals, has a displacement tool, single target mitigation and either a single target steroid or party map movement. She lacks mobility, burst healing, aoe healing or any kind of cc. This means she will work in very specific comps, but doesn't have the versatility of, say, Uther or Malf. She's also very squishy, and has no self healing outside of her passive.

With melee assassins coming back into style, I think she'll find a place, but won't become the defacto must have healer.