Hey baby, what's your sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha, that's hilarious. So I was an aries, now I'm a pisces?

Wow, I'm a completely different person:

Aries like to lead and Pisces likes to be lead. Aries is self assured and will draw Pisces out of his or her shell. Pisces likes Aries boldness and Aries likes Pisces need for direction. Aries tendency to criticize will not sit well with Pisces. Pisces likes Aries passion and Aries likes the affection given by Pisces. Pisces is drawn to Aries’ dynamic passions. Aries will handle decisions and fight battles for Pisces, which is just what Pisces is looking for. Aries may be too critical for Pisces and if tact can be found this will be a good pairing.

Well, I'm gonna go find someone to lead me - it is in the stars after all.

Oh no! My inaccurate, completely made-up method for predetermining personality and/or the future has changed? How will I ever ignore the fact that I'm now a Libra?

I kind of feel bad for my friends who do take stock in this. They used to be able to explain away my skepticism about astrology as being an Aquarius trait. Now what's their excuse.

This seems like it's old news though...I remember doing a lab where we adjusted where our signs would be to account for "polar wobble" in an elective astronomy class I took in university.

Bah, astrologist are just trying to prove they are a real science by jumping on the scientific reversal bandwagon. First Pluto then the Brontosaurus and triceratops, now everyone's sign is different. Bah.

Bah, astrologist are just trying to prove they are a real science by jumping on the scientific reversal bandwagon. First Pluto then the Brontosaurus and triceratops, now everyone's sign is different. Bah.
What did they do to the triceratops?

The triceratops is believed to be the juvenile stage of the torosaurus, and there was some outcry about the possible name change, although I guess they decided to keep the name triceratops over torosaurus

fade

Staff member
Phil Plait's take on it:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/01/13/astrological-sign-of-the-times/

Great, so what’s with this new story? Basically, the Star Tribune talked to an astronomer and an astronomy teacher in the area, who (correctly) poo-pooed astrology. The astronomer mentioned that the signs of the zodiac have shifted since they were first invented thousands of years ago. This is true, because the Earth’s axis wobbles over time, which has the effect of shifting the positions of the zodiacal constellations in the sky, or, more accurately, the time of the year the Sun passes through them. So it used to be that if you were born on March 22, you were an Aries… if you went by the original timing of when the Sun was in Aries. But now, millennia later, the Sun is actually in Pisces on that date. And it won’t be much longer before it’s in Aquarius in late March (hence "the dawning of the Age of Aquarius", in case you’re my age and a hippy or a 5th Dimension fan).

J

Jiarn

I'm the walking embodiment of a Gemini, now I'm a Taurus? I'm not even REMOTELY close to that signs behavior.

I reject your reality, and subsitute my own.

I, too have become an astrological hipster. I need some thicker glasses frames, and a tweed jacket with leather patches at the elbows. And a damned trilby XP

Status
Not open for further replies.