[Music] Hey I just met u, and this is crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
this song, like so many summer pop earworms of July past, annoys and bores me. I was really hoping Gotye would get more pop traction before this bullshit came out.

this song, like so many summer pop earworms of July past, annoys and bores me. I was really hoping Gotye would get more pop traction before this bullshit came out.
I don't know about you, but Gotye is getting played to death around here. People in this area are just tired of the song being played on every top 40, rock, country, and hip-hop (with a remix) station. He's got some great songs, but you can only hear them so many times a day.

ElJuski

Staff member
I don't listen to the radio, so I have no idea if he's getting overplayed. I know the youtube crowd has already covered the shit out of it, which is annoying enough. But I really, really don't want to keep hearing this song in the OP.

I don't listen to the radio, so I have no idea if he's getting overplayed. I know the youtube crowd has already covered the shit out of it, which is annoying enough. But I really, really don't want to keep hearing this song in the OP.
Gotcha. My car is an ancient pile of rusty bolts, so the radio is pretty much all I have to listen to while driving. Thus the radio exposure.

As for the song in the OP... yeah. Typical pop stuff. Not my style, but if people like it then more power to 'em.

yeah, I listened to some of the other random new music, and I think a Jack White, Beach House, Japandroids, or Tenacious D song might wrest the title from one C R Jepsen

ElJuski

Staff member
yeah, I listened to some of the other random new music, and I think a Jack White, Beach House, Japandroids, or Tenacious D song might wrest the title from one C R Jepsen
The new Japandroids album is fucking riproaring awesome. Definitely not going to go all out summer hit, though.

So, I was thinking, in Game of Thrones, when they have a years long summer, would they have to listen to the same songs over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.