HF Secret Santa 2015: Santa is Coming Edition

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2015 and more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate for obvious reasons. If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but the final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 27th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 11th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 11th WILL BE SUSPENDED BY THEIR BIG TOES AND LEFT TO DRY OUT IN THE DROUGHT-RAVAGED CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 13th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

Nice List:
blotsfan
BannanaHands
klew
Celt Z
Dei
Cajungal
jwhouk
Bumble the Boy Wonder
Made Ya Blush
Dave
Officer_Charon
Ravenpoe
Bubble181
Sparhawk
Cog
steinman
Bowielee
Dirona
Hylian
evilmike
BErt
PatrThom

People Who Signed Up But Need To Send Me a PM:
Emrys

Last edited:
Oh sure. But Shi no home made food? Okay, some types might be a problem, but I wouldn't mind getting a bottle of tinwhistler's mead

Totally wish I could do this, but I'm already committed to a bunch of groups this year. Next year is a definite though.

Okay!

But seriously, if anyone else wants to make a note like this, please send me a PM. I could see someone saying "Don't give me _______, I had them last year."
I was only kidding. He already bought the D-cells, it would be rude of me.

If figuring out gifts for my wife and family wasn't already so stressful, I'd probably sign up for this. Unfortunately, coming up with cool gift ideas is a talent I do not possess.

If figuring out gifts for my wife and family wasn't already so stressful, I'd probably sign up for this. Unfortunately, coming up with cool gift ideas is a talent I do not possess.
Don't sell yourself so short. I'm sure you would come up with something people would love.