[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2018 - Midterm Madness Edition

So I got really distracted and never got around to posting my secret Santa gifts, but here they are!

View attachment 28297

My daughter and I have been playing a bunch of Unstable Unicorns already. Thanks secret Santa!
Glad you liked them! I just went off reviews of Unstable Unicorns when I picked it, sounded fun.
Phase 10 has a long history in our family, many, many decks have been purchased. Usually after a losing streak by someone and the current deck being destroyed in some manner, usually burning.
Mille Borne is a game we were introduced to while I was in the Military, lots of fun has been had while playing.

Merry Christmas! (now I gotta get back to packing boxes for the move)

It does not escape me that the characters depicted were Dei and Terrik's mains when we were playing Overwatch.
You know, I told @Terrik about it after I bought it, and I am AMAZED he did not ruin the surprise when he met up with you.

The other thing that amuses me somewhat is that the USPS package was actually 2 days late getting delivered, but it seemed to work out perfectly, so good job with the accidental perfect timing USPS. :p

You know, I told @Terrik about it after I bought it, and I am AMAZED he did not ruin the surprise when he met up with you.
I almost did, and I can't believe he didn't put 2 + 2 together.

We were actually talking about the secret santa, and he said his was on the way, and without thinking, I offhandedly said I already knew what it was. Well *I* was AMAZED his follow up question was not "And you know this, how?"

We were actually talking about the secret santa, and he said his was on the way, and without thinking, I offhandedly said I already knew what it was. Well *I* was AMAZED his follow up question was not "And you know this, how?"
:ninja:

GasBandit

Staff member

I thought you were just being your usual smartass self.

Not at all wanting to rush people or being pushy, I am sort of wondering if my SS could give an update, if things have been sent and are somewhere in transit or whatever? I know international shipping means I might not get it any time soon, but I'm curious ☺

Not at all wanting to rush people or being pushy, I am sort of wondering if my SS could give an update, if things have been sent and are somewhere in transit or whatever? I know international shipping means I might not get it any time soon, but I'm curious ☺
I’ve sent a PM to your SS. Hopefully they will either update you anonymously or send me info.

Anyone else not get their gift, or not get a status update?

I was told mine would get here on the third but I'm wondering, now that Canada Post kinda has their shit together, if there's any change to that? :)

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I was told mine would get here on the third but I'm wondering, now that Canada Post kinda has their shit together, if there's any change to that? :)
Tracking claims it was delivered to your door the 24th! Canada post tracking id 4007693288061460

So, December 24th is apparently the same as December 30th according to canada post. :p

This may seem boring to some but it was super exciting to me. Leather bound, beautiful copies of choice books for my collection!

I couldn't identify by Secret Santa by their humor but I could identify them by their Belgium-ness. :p So, unless I am mistaken, thanks @Bubble181 !!

Looking at the list so far, we're still waiting on:
Gifts sent to PatrThom, Cog, Chad, CeltZ and me
Gifts sent from PatrThom, Dave, jwhouk, Chad, Dirona, and evilmike.

With the caveat that evilmike did say he received things, but not who from, and that I might have missed a post or two somewhere.
I'm sure PatrThom's just been working 26 hours a day again, and simply hasn't posted if he's received something...But has anyone heard from Chad Sexington in the last days/weeks? It's a bad time of year and his not posting around here at all has me somewhat worried.

Dave

Staff member
One of my gifts had been received. Was the second not?

edit: According to package tracking mine were both delivered.

Looking at the list so far, we're still waiting on:
Gifts sent to PatrThom, Cog, Chad, CeltZ and me
Gifts sent from PatrThom, Dave, jwhouk, Chad, Dirona, and evilmike.
[...]
I'm sure PatrThom's just been working 26 hours a day again, and simply hasn't posted if he's received something
I have so far received 1 of 2. The US->US one arrived quite a while ago, I am just waiting on the second to arrive (Thanks, Canada Post!) OR for that vendor to respond to my query with an explanation or a tracking number. I WAS going to post what I have, but the day I was going to do that ended up being the day I had to shop with my son for > 4 straight hours.
Gifts sent FROM me have already been received and acknowledged in this thread.

--Patrick

Hey, so, a month later....Still missing some pictures of some gifts, folks :p

Also, at least one name of a board member to be tied down and forced to listen to political ads until their heads explodes, since I didn't get anything this year....Admittedly, maybe I've just been bad this year?

Just as an update, gift 1/2 sits aging, waiting for its companion to arrive.
Gift 2/2 says it is coming from Canada, where their post office has been on strike, our weather here halted all deliveries for almost a week, and when the shipper finally responded to queries it was to reply that the temp crew they hired on to handle the holiday deliveries basically didn’t show up, and so the entire holiday load sat unshipped until the owner returned in early January.

I still hold out hope that the second gift will arrive in time for me to open them both together, and not have to two-stage it, though yes we are coming up on the 60-day mark since the order was placed.

—Patrick

Hey, so, a month later....Still missing some pictures of some gifts, folks :p

Also, at least one name of a board member to be tied down and forced to listen to political ads until their heads explodes, since I didn't get anything this year....Admittedly, maybe I've just been bad this year?
Your Secret Santa was @Chad Sexington . He hasn't shown up since signing up to do this. I have sent him numerous PMs and gotten nothing. Unless @Dave has any other ideas, I don't know how to get a hold of him.

GasBandit

Staff member
Your Secret Santa was @Chad Sexington . He hasn't shown up since signing up to do this. I have sent him numerous PMs and gotten nothing. Unless @Dave has any other ideas, I don't know how to get a hold of him.
I have his phone number, e-mail, and real name as part of the Emergency Contact initiative that came about last year. Should I PM them to you?

I have his phone number, e-mail, and real name as part of the Emergency Contact initiative that came about last year. Should I PM them to you?
I have most of that as well. I wasn't sure if I would be overstepping my bounds. I will try his personal email, but I think calling him would be crossing a line.

I have most of that as well. I wasn't sure if I would be overstepping my bounds. I will try his personal email, but I think calling him would be crossing a line.
Well, yeah. I'm not that bothered to not have gotten a gift that I want you to go stalk/bother someone IRL :p
We might have to make him listen to the whole Superbowl halftime show, though.