How Long Do You Hold A Grudge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hold grudges, I find them to be a waste of time and energy. That said, if you do something to piss me off seriously, I'll just stop wasting my time and energy interacting with you anymore. It's very, very rare for me to do that, but it has been known to happen. My ex-wife for instance. I hope she's doing well, that she succeeds in whatever she wants in life, but I have no desire to interact with her ever again.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I don't hold grudges, I find them to be a waste of time and energy. That said, if you do something to piss me off seriously, I'll just stop wasting my time and energy interacting with you anymore. It's very, very rare for me to do that, but it has been known to happen. My ex-wife for instance. I hope she's doing well, that she succeeds in whatever she wants in life, but I have no desire to interact with her ever again.
I'm the same way with my ex-girlfriend.

Though should she come up with a case of ovarian cancer, there's this side of me who would be glad to hear she won't be doing any reproducing :twisted:

The only long standing grudges I've ever had are against a child molestor and the guy who destroyed my comic book collection.

I think they're both extremely justified.
And hopefully buried somewhere where the cops won't find them.

J

JCM

The only long standing grudges I've ever had are against a child molestor and the guy who destroyed my comic book collection.

I think they're both extremely justified.
Sadly my stepfather used to destroy my comic collection yearly, so holding a grudge was rather useless back then, so I moved out and started working at 15, which I now thank him for, because I've had one hell of an awesome time.

I'm the same way with my ex-girlfriend.

Though should she come up with a case of ovarian cancer, there's this side of me who would be glad to hear she won't be doing any reproducing :twisted:[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you on that one NR.

Those of you that cut people out of your lives, are holding grudges. The act of forgiveness is what ends a grudge, not blocking contact with another person.

I have cut people off from my life in the past. But I am quick to understand where another comes from, and forgive. When someone does not want the forgiveness then I don't mind putting them in my past.

In the past I had a student that ran off to the principle each time I tried to modify her shitty attitude/behavior. She was there once a week or more, leading me to be called in to the office nearly as often. With the administration that automatically took the word of a child over the evidence of a teacher, I decided to move to another school the following year.

She ended up killing herself in a DUI wreck that summer that I was leaving. My brother that teaches there was the one that told me about the wreck. I said "Well that sucks." He was surprised that was sad by her death. I told him, "..., she was just a stupid teenager."

Forever. As long as it was something memorable. I guess I view transgressions as a debt. Unless it's been repayed it is still there. An honest I'm sorry will be enough for most. I am still able to be friends with people that I have a some kind of back grudge against though, if it's nothing really huge. I doubt they even realize I still hold it against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.