Export thread

I have a favour to ask

Dirona

Dirona

This is a weird one, at least for me.

Eriol's 40th birthday is coming up in mid-February, and one of the things I'd like to do is have him receive ALL the birthday cards. Because of all the moves we've done, and Covid, I think he's feeling a bit isolated at the moment, and I want to help him feel connected again.

If you are willing to send a birthday card in the mail to Canada, send me a DM and I'll get the mailing address to you.

Bubble181

Bubble181

This is a weird one, at least for me.

Eriol's 40th birthday is coming up in mid-February, and one of the things I'd like to do is have him receive ALL the birthday cards. Because of all the moves we've done, and Covid, I think he's feeling a bit isolated at the moment, and I want to help him feel connected again.

If you are willing to send a birthday card in the mail to Canada, send me a DM and I'll get the mailing address to you.
If you don't want him to know about this, consider asking Dave or Gas to make a banner on top of the page - like has been done a few times before for money collections and stuff. AFAIK they can exclude certain members from seeing it.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Can I be somewhat lazy and send him an e-card? And/Or a Steam game? I'm much better in the digital world than the physical one.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can I be somewhat lazy and send him an e-card? And/Or a Steam game? I'm much better in the digital world than the physical one.
There are options to order online and have it physicially delivered, too :)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Or we could send him 40 cakes!

Celt Z

Celt Z

That's terrible!

(But seriously, the cards sound like a fun idea.)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m in :)

Dave

Dave

I’m in as well.

General Specific

General Specific

Sure

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Sure!

Dave

Dave

By the way, if you want, Postable.com can send cards FOR you. It costs a bit more than a normal card might, but THEY SEND IT FOR YOU!

Eriol

Eriol

This shows how much I have not been on the forums for a while, but I want to say it was really touching all the cards I've gotten, and @Dirona is sure that not all of them have arrived yet either.

Thanks all. It means a lot.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

By the way, if you want, Postable.com can send cards FOR you. It costs a bit more than a normal card might, but THEY SEND IT FOR YOU!
That was the way I went, because I'm crap about getting out of the house these days.

Celt Z

Celt Z

There's at least another one coming! I sent mine over a week ago, and I just got it back here today. Which pisses me off because I specifically went to the post office, showed them where the card was going, and asked how much postage would be. They stamped it themselves, AND YET, I got it back today saying there wasn't "sufficient postage". :censored:

Anyway, I'm going back to yell at them this afternoon.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

There's at least another one coming! I sent mine over a week ago, and I just got it back here today. Which pisses me off because I specifically went to the post office, showed them where the card was going, and asked how much postage would be. They stamped it themselves, AND YET, I got it back today saying there wasn't "sufficient postage". :censored:

Anyway, I'm going back to yell at them this afternoon.
Have fun storming the castle!

Celt Z

Celt Z

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah apparently mine bounced back too, so it might be a little late.

Dave

Dave

This shows how much I have not been on the forums for a while, but I want to say it was really touching all the cards I've gotten, and @Dirona is sure that not all of them have arrived yet either.

Happy 40th birthday! You young thing, you.

evilmike

evilmike

I'm sure not all of them have arrived because I... um... know of at least one that is running late. :ninja:

After you are sure all you have all of them, it would be neat to see a picture of the collection.

Eriol

Eriol

I've now private messaged everybody from whom I've gotten a card. So thanks all. I really appreciated the effort you all went through to give me a better day. Sorry for only doing this a month later, but checking the mail today, we got another one!

Dave

Dave

Ha! That’s why I set mine up well ahead of time. Amateurs.

Eriol

Eriol

Everybody's was great, but (with permission) I'm calling out @Celt Z 's card as a stand-out, as she made original art for it. I think that in particular @GasBandit and @Terrik should see this:
CeltZ_Eriol_40th.jpg

And for anybody here who doesn't get it, well you just need to come to Jackbox night more often!

Thanks again to everybody who sent something.