[Movies] It's about family. Poe watches The Fast and the Furious (all of them)

The meme is Spongebob, but i never watched that, so Gru it is, i guess.
I got the Spongebob meme, but Gru's vocal tick is that he puts the wrong emphasis on the wrong syllable, and since this was a pretty villain-sounding line, that's where my brain went first.

This thread hasn't updated in a while. Did the F&F movies finally melt your brain, @Ravenpoe? I think I would have tapped out ages ago.

But I also enjoy knowing what the hell this series is on about without having to sit through it, so I appreciate your suffering, sir!

This thread hasn't updated in a while. Did the F&F movies finally melt your brain, @Ravenpoe? I think I would have tapped out ages ago.

But I also enjoy knowing what the hell this series is on about without having to sit through it, so I appreciate your suffering, sir!
I took a break after 7 because I wanted to marathon 8, 9, and hobbs & shaw right before watching X, for maximum sufferage. And I think 10 is finally out now, so...

Just binged 8 (which I had watched before) and 9 (which I hadn't) in preparation for going to watch 10 in theatres tomorrow.
Oh my. We're a long way from the first movie, and in this series, it's really "you either die a villain or you live long enough to become a hero" isn't it?

Also I low key hated how Cipher changed from "hot" to "cyber mom" in styling in between these two films. Charlize Theron is still hot [/bhamv] so why the stylistic change choice? Sheesh.

Also I low key hated how Cipher changed from "hot" to "cyber mom" in styling in between these two films. Charlize Theron is still hot [/bhamv] so why the stylistic change choice? Sheesh.
I really hate her hair in FF9, to the point where I haven't seen FF9. I'm not kidding here, I literally have not watched FF9 because I am turned off by Charlize Theron's hair in the movie.

I really hate her hair in FF9, to the point where I haven't seen FF9. I'm not kidding here, I literally have not watched FF9 because I am turned off by Charlize Theron's hair in the movie.
It really is pretty terrible.
And the movie itself is also not without its flaws, but I'll leave that up Poe :D

F8 combines half the cast of The Italian Job with the same director. (Sort of half. Maybe 1/4).
Mr. Z and Li'l Z just watched it, so that came up in coversation. And that we should show Li'l Z The Italian Job instead.

Watched Fast X yesterday.
Without wanting to spoil too much, I'm quite happy with Jason Momoa's acting. He really gets to play the moustache-twirling over-the-top Joker-level infinite resource supervillain here, and he chews up the scenery like there's no tomorrow. The series has long left the semi-"realistic" tone of the first movie far behind, and if you're in Superhero/James Bond territory you need bad guys to match.

On the other hand...I have some genetic questions about Little B.
1690972936385.png

1690972948649.png

But that's probably just me being racist. I don't care at all, to be clear, it's just weird that they've cast a black kid as the union of two somewhat Hispanic characters.

I mean, the kid they cast is biracial (his mom is white, his dad is, I think, Black Hispanic), and Vin Diesel has said in the past that he didn't know his biofather, but he was some degree of African-American, so.... it's not completely impossible, but like everything in this series, you REALLY have to shut off your brain to logic and probability.

Oh, sure, it's technically possible. We've never seen Toretto's mom I think, and neither of Elena's parents - the kid could have 2 black grandparents, what do I know. It's just a bit of a weird casting choice. Imagine two black people having a child with Vin Diesel's tan. Possible, sure, but not exactly your common choice.

It's a movie with a main character who has an Infinite Bag of Holding with black muscle cars he can pull out in any spot on Earth and plot armor stronger than a Skywalker, my suspension of disbelief is very firmly disengaged when watching this, I don't mind. I just find it a bit odd, out-of-universe.