I've had 4 hours of sleep, so AMA.

I have your back and here are some questions:

Favourite tv show?
Mystery Science Theater 3000, without a doubt. After that, most of the older comedies put out by the BBC - The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, Are You Being Served?, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Guilty pleasure tv show?
This one's difficult. I haven't watched TV in years, spending most of my time with the doomweasels, playing old computer games, or reading. My favourite guilty pleasure is watching old Vincent Price horror movies, especially the ones based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The sets are gorgeous; I love how much they wander away from the original stories, and Vincent is to die for. :heart:

Do you read any magazines regularly?
Consumer Reports, American Scientific, National Geographic, Discover, Conservation Magazine. I like natural science.

How many doom weasels live with you?
I have 14 at the moment - 4 in the upstairs area and 10 in the downstairs area. In all, living and dead, I've had 37 weasels. The biggest group I've ever had was 18. Fortunately, they all got along together (unlike this current headstrong group) so they could all live together, which made things easier.

What's the mist you've had?
We had had ice fog for the past 4 days. It deposited a thick layer of hoarfrost all over everything and while it's very pretty as long as you stay inside, it makes walking and driving dangerous. And because it's the result of high humidity, the cold sinks into my joints and makes everything ache even more. Needless to say, ice fog is not my friend.

What's your favourite Christmas dinner side dish?
Sweet potato casserole with a bit of brown sugar and pecans but no marshmallows because those are the work of Satan. I also like making a mashed potato and gravy volcano because I'm childish that way.

What's your idea of a perfect night in?
Curling up on the futon with a hot cup of tea, a good book, my Blanket of Security, and listening to the doomies jockey for the most comfortable spots under the blanket.

Did I ask ,y questions in time to help you avoid kitchen cleaning?
Unfortunately, no. I had lost my internet before I got your questions so I had to break down and clean the kitchen but at least it's clean now and I did some re-arranging so it's easier to find stuff.

Thank you for trying to divert my attention. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451347487,1451347431][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?
Yes, especially after I drop it on the floor and the weasels wrestle over it for a moment. Yummy.[DOUBLEPOST=1451347542][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever do an AMA, and find out that guy is asking that question again?

--Patrick
Yes, and we love him for it, no matter how wierd wyrd weird he is.

Whugh. That would chill me to this day.
Believe me when I say that I do not eat food that has fallen to the floor.

Now, telling other people if the food dropped on the floor, that's a different story. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1451348661,1451348622][/DOUBLEPOST]
When are you visiting California? You know, just wondering. :p
Hmmmm... I could probably be persuaded. What's there to do in California? ;)

My favourite guilty pleasure is watching old Vincent Price horror movies, especially the ones based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The sets are gorgeous; I love how much they wander away from the original stories, and Vincent is to die for. :heart:
Those Corman films were...to die for.

I miss Vincent Price as well. Along with Cesar Romero, Ricardo Montalban, and Dick Van Dyke, they seem like some of the most gentlemanly gentlemen in Hollywood.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I've had more than four hours of sleep (melatonin is my friend!) but I have a choice between answering questions here or cleaning the kitchen. I'm sure you know which one I'm picking.

So, anyone have any questions or do I have to give in and get the mop?
Who would you most like to head back to bed with?

Why not answer for each category?
Real persons:
Vincent Price (yes, I know he's dead). Bernadette Peters. Young George Harrison. Stevie Nicks. James Taylor.

Fictional persons:
Not too many fictional characters twist my knickers like real people do. I do have the serious hots for Martin Freeman's character in Sherlock.

Halforumites:
I have a list. PM me to find out if you're on it. :D

Do you have a favorite knock-off brand of pop/soda?
Not the major labels, mind you. It has to be a knock-off.

--Patrick

Do you have a favorite knock-off brand of pop/soda?
Not the major labels, mind you. It has to be a knock-off.

--Patrick
The Sobey's grocery store has a really good store-brand of root beer and I'll get their brand of ginger ale when I'm not feeling well. Other than that, it's Coke or nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1455819315,1455819186][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
I would really love to visit the British Isles one day and go to all the out-of-the-way non-touristy places.

I'd also like to travel around and visit some of the people here.[DOUBLEPOST=1455819349][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever go to... wait, I did you already, didn't I?
Nope, still waiting. :hump:

Are your doomweasels unusually long lived, or do you merely not talk about the ebb and flow of doomweasels to/from your estate (or am I just not reading/remembering posts you've made in the past)?

Given that you have an animal mascot (weasels) what is your weasel's mascot?

Do you need me to prod some students into needing your services at the last minute to relieve you of your boredom?

Are your doomweasels unusually long lived, or do you merely not talk about the ebb and flow of doomweasels to/from your estate (or am I just not reading/remembering posts you've made in the past)?

Given that you have an animal mascot (weasels) what is your weasel's mascot?

Do you need me to prod some students into needing your services at the last minute to relieve you of your boredom?
They usually live 7-9 years. I haven't lost anyone in a while but the day is coming in the next couple of years or so that I'm going to lose a bunch at the same time (most of my doomies are 5-6 years at the moment) and I'm going to be a wreck. You'll hear the wailing for miles.

My weasels all hope to grow up and be a wolverine one day, though some want to be giant sea otters, so it's a mixed bag. It's really bad when they decide to re-enact West Side Story as the Wolverines and the Otters but if I throw them a fresh victim or two, it usually calms them down.

Send me your children. I have candy, toys, movies, and crayons at my desk. I can keep all of us entertained for hours.