Export thread

Julie's D and D Game!

Limit: 500

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Welcome everyone! Please post information on your characters, questions, and comments about my game here!

Now, to answer the first few questions:

1. You will be starting at level one.
2. Your main weapons (the weapons you need for your attacks) and armor are free, but you may not have magically imbued armor and weapons. Yet. XD A magic implement, such as a rod, counts as a weapon and will also be free.
3. You get a free adventurer's kit.
4. You will start with your basic 100 gp.
5. You may buy a mount (riding horse or camel) if you wish, but it will cost you 75 gp.

Now, you will be starting the campaign in a magically technological city called Amaranth (pronounced Am-are-ahnth), akin to the size of New York City, located in a temperate region of the globe with a major port on the west side that goes out to sea. The eastern side of the city faces out into several crossroads that run through smaller local towns connected to Amaranth between hills and (further out) mountains. It's still not by any means a modern setting. This city is a huge, important cultural and trading hub where anything can be obtained, for a price. The economy is the main driving force here and religion is generally on the back burner, although churches and temples to most of the major gods can be found scattered about. When you arrive in the city, there shall be no war going on and the city will be thriving, but thriving alongside it shall be corruption and depravity of every kind imaginable. The people who are citizens of the city are generally cynical and hardened, living off of whatever they can sell, be it wares, services, or sometimes, themselves. Most of the population seems to be in the middle class, but for those unfortunate people who were not born into the middle or high class, they will generally be found divided into two groups: those will hope and those without. Very rarely are low class citizens ever seen climbing the socio-economic ladder, despite some of their best efforts. And oddly enough, those in the high class seem to be engrossed in the idea that people of the low class belong in the dredges of society and will sometimes go out of their way to keep the government from creating any kind of assistance or relief for them.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here. Go ahead and get creative with your reasons for being here whilst I put everything together, too. My story will be centered on -you-, so put some good thought into what you want and how you want to interact with everyone. :3

Oh, please send character sheets to jnremijan at gmail dot com!

Gusto

Gusto

Should we come up with reasons for us to be in Amaranth?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Should we come up with reasons for us to be in Amaranth?
Yes, however, if you're having trouble, I'll be happy to assist.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Gusto, is it okay if we know each other? Not like we've ever really spoken except a "greetings" in passing, but I figured my guy would live around mountains near your monastery and come down and around from time to time. By coincidence, or maybe not, we're both in the city at the same time? (And Doom would be there too then, if he's okay with me being the one who revived him.) I think even passing character connections would be cool to start.

Gusto

Gusto

Well if you and Doom are travelling companions, and I stick out like a human in Dragonborn lands, then it kinda stands to reason that we'd be at least vaguely aware of each other. Doom kinda stick out too. No stealth checks for him.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The best way to hide him is to have him lie face down.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

The best way to hide him is to have him lie face down.
A'right, I lol'd at this.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Okay, so I'm set on a Goliath Shaman, and I will post backstory and personality stuff tomorrow after work. Character sheet is done and such though.

Jay

Jay

The man now known as Simkin was born of a noble house in the region of Calimshan. The youngest of six children, Simkin was a charismatic precocious child that was quick with his wit as well as quick with his feet ...and a total terror to his tutors and guardians. He often slipped away from his "boring" lessons to play with questionable friends in the lower districts of Calimshan. One such friend was a blind crone, Zincarla, who cunningly peddled fortunes to the gullible. Doing this thought Simkin much in the ways of the underhanded. In exchange for food and company, the old woman told Simkin many tales of faraway places and heroes/villains of myth and legend along with the tips of her trade. These stories gave new meaning to Simkin's life as he had little hope of a future and to partake in the political business his family engaged in, every moment, for all their lives. As the youngest of his family, he had little hope to truly be important to his family. One day, the crone told one of her stories which ran longer than usual. It was a tale of a mysterious magic ruby pendant that allowed the bearer to convince anyone to see their way of thinking, from your most hated of enemies or complete strangers. His eyes sparkled when he heard that this item resided so closely... unfortunately his current owner, Pasha Pook, the master of the city's thieves' and assassins' guilds was its current master. Pasha Pook was not a man to be crossed easily… yet Simkin was determined to get his hands on that item to further his ambitions.

Simkin spent over a year planning his heist and had to be extremely discreet in his manner of procuring information on Pasha Pook as every agent in the city was to his bid and call. He was meticulous in his efforts and finally he formed his planned. Pook rarely left his stranglehold and even when he did, he did so with the company of a score of cutthroats. Every so often, he’d visit some powerful nobles on the other side of the city, for “meetings” which usually consisted of making money over the expense of others, eat a lot of food, drink the finest wine and womanly companionship. Tired, Pook would normally sleep the night off in his secured chambers at the House of Mosiah. Simkin informed his family he’d be out of town for a few weeks to visit some friends to the north. Once he left his home, he changed into a peasant’s outfit, used a disguise and went to the House of Mosiah to grovel for a meager job in their kitchen. His persistence paid off and he was sent as a helper in the kitchen where he was overworked and mistreated for a meager pay of a few copper coins and some stale bread. Despite being tired to the bone, every night, Simkin would sneak out to further his plans. Days turned into weeks until one day a house steward came into the kitchen and informed them to work even harder as the house’s master had an important guest coming over. Knowing that this was do or die, late that night, he snuck off and started his heist.

Pook was soundly asleep in his secured chambers in a drunken stupor as a silent shadow cast on him in the dying candle light. The shadow proceeded to carefully remove the pendent from his neck without sound and with extreme care. The shadow then slid the gem into a small pocket and proceeded to quietly and carefully climb back up. Safely in the room above Pook’s, Simkin covered the fake planks on the ground, got rid of his thieving tools in the back of a fireplace and promptly left the house.

He returned home with the ruby, unsure how it would work. It was so beautiful. He shrugged and went to one of his siblings and started a headed conversation with him. Simkin put his hand under his cloak and allowed a quick glimpse of the gem as he told his sibling his point of view on the matter. His sibling’s eyes grew wide and waited a long moment. Then suddenly, his sibling agreed on his issue with a zealot like fervor. Simkin was astounded. Over the course of the next few days, he managed to convince everyone in his way of thinking. His father even agreed to take him to council meetings and introducing him to all the other nobles…an odd thing to do for a man who was previously inseparable from his first two sons and made no mention of his third.

Meanwhile, the city of Calimshan was being torn asunder by the thieves’ network, trying to find their master’s gem. Pook was extremely distraught by his loss and wanted the thief’s head on a stick. It didn’t take long for Simkin’s ambitions to find its slippery way towards the grasp of the thieves’ guild.

As Simkin walked in his room that night, content in his fortune, he noticed a very subtle movement in the dark. He continued walking stoically, yet his mind panicked as no one should be in his room. He yawned and reached under his cloak and quickly threw one of his daggers at the candles lighting his room. He successfully hit top of the candle and it promptly darkened the room completely. He quickly rolled behind his dresser and listened intently. Whoever was in the room with him didn’t emit a sound, yet he felt the presence of someone who shouldn’t be in the room and was clearly at a disadvantage in the complete dark. Simkin pulled another dagger that was hidden inside his boot and gauged where his mirror was located. He would only have a shot at this. He threw the dagger then quickly started to get up. The sound of glass was the distraction he needed and he leapt out at his attacker with his remaining daggers in both his hands. Suddenly his right dagger connected to something soft and he heard a watery gurgle followed with a loud thump on the ground. Simkin stood still wondering if he was still alone. After a few minutes, feeling safe, he decided to light up his room.

Once the light came back to the room… in the middle of his room lay a man wearing a dirty cloak in a pool of his own blood. Simkin had stabbed him in the back of the neck and his death was instant. On the floor were two daggers that didn’t belong to Simkin and then checking his body revealed to him that this man was a member’s of the thieves’ guild and obviously ambitious enough to attack Simkin first without even the approval of the powerful Pasha Pook. Or perhaps was he trying to steal the ruby for himself?

Simkin stared at his ruby pendant, fully realizing his danger and hated himself for the lack of foresight. He thought to himself and quickly packed his things that he had no future here. Pook knew who he was, or was about to anyways. To stay here would mean his death as Pook would seek revenge. He looked up to the sky with closed eyes and though of some advice he heard from a tutor as a child.

“Tigers die and leave their skins. People die and leave their names...” he smirked thinking, “I shall no longer answer to this name by doing so… perhaps I may have a chance to live.”

He removed the last dagger from the wall and without a last look, he left his room.

Never to return.
I'm still working on the rest of the story... but this is part 1.

Still fine tuning my character sheet so that I'm 100% happy with it. Just let me know if you have a deadline.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

You're telling me that my golem character is going to be tied to a magic-wielder that's bigger than me? @_@

Anyone else a magic-wielder? You know, someone who could actually USE a guardian? XD

Gusto

Gusto

We still don't have Shawn's class/race at this point, but I could see him clericking it up.

Gusto

Gusto

Julie, let me know if it's cool that I sorta completely override how Dragonborn clans work in your world. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Well if there aren't any other mages in the party, any other tiny person would be fine if they were interested.

It's just that a huge golem forged for protection following a Goliath bigger than it is seems silly to me. =P

Shawn

Shawn

So what classes/races does the party currently have?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

We've got:

Me: Warforged Warden [Defender]
Daryl: Goliath Shaman (which is bigger than me) [Leader]
Gusto: Human Monk [Striker]
Jay: Halfling Rogue [Striker]
Deschain: Hasn't posted officially, but said he'd probably be a Swordmage [Defender]

We're a little low on the ranged death department. But I think we've got a good set of roles.

--------------------------------------------

Repost:

Name: Ezekiel (Zeke if you decide to get friendly)
Race: Warforged / "Golem"
Class: Warden
Background: Don't remember, gives a 4 to Fire Resitance
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 290 lbs

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/683/ezekiel.jpg

Appearance: Ezekiel is a golem formed from tan-brown earth and stone, similar to above. His head has two glowing yellow eyes, which can change color depending on mood, most notably red when angered or engaged in combat. When on earthen ground, if he stands for longer than a few seconds his feet will meld into the terrain, making it seems as though he had just sprung up from the earth right then and there. He can easily step out of this, however. If Ezekiel is damaged in combat, he may draw strength from the terrain around him (healing surge) and incorporate the new terrain into his body to repair himself. (For example, he would resemble a more dirt-like golem out and about, and possibly a more solid grey stone slab-like appearance in a cave.) This change is usually temporary, however, as the new additions will crumble and fall off as the magic that created him replaces his body proper during an extended rest.

History:

Ezekiel is stone golem that was forged for the sole purpose of serving as a powerful magic-wielder's body guard throughout his travels or as a private sentry for his labs and studies. [Blank - Party or Character] discovered/will discover a deactivated Ezekiel in [Blank - up to you]. Upon restoring power to the mana-drained construction, Ezekiel woke up with no recollection of his previous duties or the identity of his master, who appears to have vanished long since. He has no idea how long it has been, but he acknowledges that the world around him "seems different." With no current purpose, he has vowed himself as the guardian of the character who infused his magic power into him (assuming we have one.) Ezekiel is barely capable of maintaining a social interraction or being creative, but is usually logical in his thought processes, though his priority is above all else to protect his master, even at the risk of his own physical safety, as that is his sole purpose in "life."

Over time he may come to form more loyalties to those around him and grow in worldly experience, but at the moment, the party seems to have gained a brick wall that can punch people.

I left a lot of stuff vague so that Julie could build ther story as she pleases. Ezekiel could have served a good mage, evil mage, the mage could be alive, dead, related to the "big plot", etc. Whatever she wants to go with. I want to be in the dark exactly as much as my charater is. :D

Also, up to Julie and the rest of you, whoever Ezekiel is going to be tied to can find him pre-game and I'll just be with you at the start, or the party can stumble upon him on their travels. Knowing Julie, the first session would be a bunch of town-romping, so it's unlikely a golem would be found anywhere, so the first option is more likely.

phil

phil

Oh shii--!

How do you guys play? Over IRC or something?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Oh shii--!

How do you guys play? Over IRC or something?
We use a program called Gametable that serves as a, well... game table. It lets you set down pogs (images to represent characters, npcs, etc) and allows you to draw the environment. It also allows you to text chat, roll dice, and save macros for your abilities. For actual communication, we use Halforum's Ventrilo server for voice chat.

Gusto

Gusto

Well Shamen do not necessarily provide the healing that say a Cleric might. If esc wants to play a healing-focused Shaman then Shawn should opt for ranged Striker/Controller. If esc is planning on playing a ranged Striker Shaman, then it might be better if Shawn plays something with heals.

Deschain

What kind of mount would be purchased for 75 GP?

Dave

Dave

Gusto's mom.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Gusto's mom.[/QUOTE]

She jacked up prices again?!

Gusto

Gusto

:angry:

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

75 gp mounts are a Horse and a Camel.

Deschain

Our legends say that a nameless knight from the North came to the Kingdom of Jericho and saw that all was not well. The Mad King sat upon his crimson throne and held all the citizenry at his mercy. None could oppose him; for he wielded an evil power that neither heroes nor prayers could overcome. It is told that this knight convinced 7 of the Great Lords to join him in rebellion and to bolster their courage, he blessed them each with a blade, the likes of which the world had never seen before. With their armies at their backs, the Lords finally overthrew the tyrant and established a ruling council, headed by Seven Houses of their own linage. At least, so the story goes. There are many today who would doubt our right to rule, but I know they are wrong, for I wield the same sword given to my ancestor 30 generations ago. It is indeed a weapon like no other, forged without flaw and quenched in our own blood. Durandal, as it was called, is inherited in our House from eldest son to eldest son, and only when the former is on his deathbed. There has been no exception to this rule and there never shall be. My own Father passed it onto me as he lay dying from a wound dealt by Eastern assassins. They attacked our House for the sword…and they did not act alone. I left Jericho afterwards to travel for a twofold reason. By taking Durandal with me, there will no reason for anyone to assault the castle again. And I shall find the men who hired these assassins. Despite all these years, the memory of that day is still clear…and I have not forgotten the face of my father. I will find these murderers and they will shall see just how cruel I can be.
Name: Reynard, 31st of his Name
Class: Swordmage
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Motto: "Neither dead nor living, none shall take what is mine by right!"

Appearance: As above, with a brace of daggers across the front and a sword at his right side.

History: He was born the Eldest son of his House, in a family of 6. He possessed some arcane abilities, but had neither the talent nor the inclination to become a magic-user. It was just as well since it would eventually become his duty to take care of his family's sword. Many of his ancestors had been swordmages (using that very same sword) since the bond they formed would be a powerful one. He too followed their path, being instructed in the ways of fighting through a man hired by his father and in magic through the local paladin. After his father was killed he took to the road and has been there for over a decade, surviving on skill and wit alone.

Personality: As a boy, he was always very quiet. It was not that he was sickly, shy, or dumb. It was if he chose his words carefully and spoke only when the situation required. He was by no means docile either, for he trained hard in the arts of war and was not afraid to be challenged. It was rumored among the servants that the young master had no emotion for his expression never changed, despite whether he should have been feeling angry, sad, frustrated, or happy. Nevertheless, he was neither unkind nor stone-hearted. Before he left his House with the sword, the head steward gave him a mask and told him, "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength so it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." Whether he took that advice to heart remains to be seen, but the mask still remains on to this day.

Durandal is a sword that is forged from 'heavy steel' using techniques that were old when the world was new. It was quenched in water mixed with blood of the House's first Lord and blessed by the nameless knight. The weapon is twice as heavy as another of the same size and so the eventual heirs undergo special training to wield it. It is traditionally passed down to the eldest unmarried male who must swear an oath to never surrender it, no matter what cost, and to take no wife and father no sons. Legend holds that it becomes the weapon that its wielder needs the most.

Weapon: Durandal, Daggers, Greatspear/Tratynrs
Armor: Leather armor engraved with the symbol of a tower and rose. Golden Mask

Notable family members:
Sir Artanis the Lost Lord
Sir Gaspar the Free Knight
Sir Lazarus the Dragonblooded

Theme Song:

Attachments

Shawn

Shawn

Hmm. Looks like we could use a controller then.

Gusto

Gusto

Are there any other controllers besides wizards? I've honestly never investigated.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah there are a bunch. Druid might be cool to give our group any healing whatsoever. :)

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Julie, let me know if it's cool that I sorta completely override how Dragonborn clans work in your world. :)
Send me an email or a PM with info on what you plan on doing. :3 Oh, Jay, Deschain, and Doom: Fabulous stuff! I'm already working your backstories in as we speak! (Especially Jay and Deschain...those stories were really engrossing. @_@) And my "deadline", Jay, is going to be Tuesday, please. Keep it comin' folks! ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Doom: I'm a healing Shaman. He's taller than your golem, but he's pretty damn squishy (low strength, low attack, low AC). That makes him need you more, because people think he's a fighter, want to pick fights, and then are just wailing on a guy with a wand.

But if you would rather tie to someone else, that's fine. I wanted to have a character that wouldn't treat your golem like a bitch though, because that was my other choice :p. "Slave, shine my shoes!"

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I just realized that Doom's and Jay's characters both come from Calimshan!

Jay

Jay

Simkin : "Lies! Tis all lies! Don't believe her folly!"

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll have to draw a picture of mine at some point, because I find nothing suitable. For now assume the generic male Goliath picture from the character creator.

Name: Arku
Race: Goliath
Class: Shaman
Height: 7'1"
Weight: 260 lbs

Arku is a peaceful, inquisitive goliath who enjoys learning and avoiding trouble. He has lived in a secluded area of the mountains, communing with nature in strange forms (including Ezekiel, should Doomdragon not bail on me :p). He often trades healing herbs for provisions with towns, travelers, and even the near Dragonborn monastery. He keeps his life simple and doesn't get into the business of others, not wanting his own business pried, nor his mind. He has learned not to be disturbed by memories, although now he feels plagued by dreams.

His life wasn't always this simple and alone. Arku used to live among many goliaths in the distant Sheshkill Mountains, where he learned shamanism from the wisest of his clan, following the hunting of warriors, keeping the village safe. Even then, he was curious, running off from the groups at times to investigate a new patch of forest, or a fresh snow, the tracks of an animal, even into the forbidden canyon. His curiosity brought the death of his tribe when he accidentally awoke the dragon...

After remorse, and abandoning the idea of vengeance against the creature, Arku at first wanted to redeem himself. He could never bring back his friends and family, but he could meet new people, be a good influence on the lives of others, and he hoped one day he could forgive himself... A small human city burned down and Arku felt discouraged. He still hoped to redeem his mistake against his own people, and perhaps make up for his new mistake. As time went on, Arku let more wrong-doings he saw slip by, afraid he would only make things worse. Eventually, he let the world slide off him, retreating to another set of mountains where few people lived. It's easier not to get involved, and he found it was simple to be friendly without causing trouble when he spoke little. Even the memories bothered him less.

For the last year or so, however, dreams have come where he walks a road through an alien forest of strange colors and forms. He ignored them, but they became longer, week by week, and soon he couldn't awake until he reached the end of the path in the forest, to a clearing, and he hasn't yet seen what's waiting at the end. In the past few months, these dreams have begun to attack him even while awake. At first he began passing out, his consciousness shot into the dream path until he found the clearing at the end. Now, it happens maybe once a week, and he'll go on eating or walking or gathering herbs and tree samples, as if his body knows what he needs, but his attention is directed elsewhere. He thinks it might be visions of the Feywild, or some other place he's never been to, but he has no idea. He's avoided doing anything about it, hoping no one notices anything strange, but it's beginning to bother him, and he's considering seeking answers.

SHORT VERSION: Peaceful, curiousl guy, stays out of the way, raised to be a tribal shaman, accidentally caused the destruction of his clan, tried to make up for it, accidentally destroyed a city, thinks he has life figured by not getting in the way, now plagued by dreams of a strange forest road.

Jay

Jay

This is pretty close to the last draft for Simkin. I'll take the weekend to figure out if I'm happy with my powers. Balance them skills!

The Simkin, level 1
Halfling, Rogue
Build: Trickster Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Artful Dodger
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 10 Reflex: 17 Will: 13
HP: 32 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +10, Thievery +12, Acrobatics +12, Perception +5, Bluff +8, Intimidate +8

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber

POWERS
Rogue at-will 1: Deft Strike
Rogue at-will 1: Piercing Strike
Rogue encounter 1: Positioning Strike
Rogue daily 1: Blinding Barrage

ITEMS
Parrying dagger, Dagger (4), Adventurer's Kit, Thieves' Tools, Fine Clothing, Leather Armor, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20), Travel Papers, Ritual Book, Precise Forgery, Disguise Kit, Footpads

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Damn, those are some skill numbers.

How much gold do you have left?

Jay

Jay

Numbers are neat.... but my fort... ouch. As far as my items :

Parrying dagger, Dagger (4), Leather Armor, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20) = Weapons and Armor. Dagger-master in the works!
Adventurer's Kit = Free!
Ritual Book, Precise Forgery = Approved for RP reasons.
Thieves' Tools (20gp) , Fine Clothing (30gp)(RP) , Travel Papers (2sp)(RP) , Disguise Kit (30gp)(RP), Footpads (5gp) = If needed I'll purchase them.

Deschain

Reynard Deschain, level 1
Eladrin, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Background: Jericho, the Western Deadlands, Kingdom of the Seven Houses

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +8, Arcana +11, Endurance +8, History +11, Athletics +6

FEATS
Level 1: Eladrin Soldier

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Booming Blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Sword of Sigils
Swordmage daily 1: Frost Backlash

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Durandal (Longsword), Adventurer's Kit, Repeating crossbow, Tratnyr (2), Greatspear, Dagger (3), Torch (5), Waterskin, Pitons (10), Oil (1 pint) (10), Grappling Hook, Hammer, Footpads, Crowbar, Candle (10), Crossbow Bolts (100)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Crap, now I feel behind.

I'll post my gears tomorrow. Looks like you guys are well-equipped.

Deschain

Don't worry at all, I use character builder, so I can just add things as from the list of items provided. Also, who all knows each other?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Send me an email or a PM with info on what you plan on doing. :3 Oh, Jay, Deschain, and Doom: Fabulous stuff! I'm already working your backstories in as we speak! (Especially Jay and Deschain...) ;)
Oh I see. No special praise for me. ;p I'll might write up a quick "actual" backstory, but I do like the idea of having no idea where he comes from, just like my character would.

Doom: I'm a healing Shaman. He's taller than your golem, but he's pretty damn squishy (low strength, low attack, low AC). That makes him need you more, because people think he's a fighter, want to pick fights, and then are just wailing on a guy with a wand.

But if you would rather tie to someone else, that's fine. I wanted to have a character that wouldn't treat your golem like a bitch though, because that was my other choice :p. "Slave, shine my shoes!"
Ahhh, alright. Ya sold me. You gots yerself a golem, buddy!

I just realized that Doom's and Jay's characters both come from Calimshan!

Oh, I just chose that for the background benefit-- I figured a golem made of stone should have some fire resistance. He's not "actually" from there.

And dammit Jay! You don't need fire resistance! Screw you! :moon: (;P)

Also, isn't a parrying dagger a magical item? I thought Julie said no magical items. (Or rather, we had 100 gold and couldn't afford it then. If we get a free magic item I want one. :3) [Edit: Nevermind, just found it as a regular weapon.]

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hurray! A slav--I mean, a rocky friend. :p

And yeah, Julie said no magical freebies. She did authorize some stuff for Jay, I think, but from what I understood the basic rule was, your basic weapon, armor, and adventurer's kit were free, then you have 100g you can save for the game's start or spend on items before the game, and anything that might be an exception you gotta run by her.

She's sleeping right now, but I'm sure she'll look over this stuff after work tomorrow.

Deschain

Funnily enough, I think that being a swordmage makes my sword inherently magical, even if it doesn't confer any active bonuses. I like the idea though, fighting with a sword in one hand, blasting with spells in the other.

Jay

Jay

He's not using the Calimshan background but born under a bad sign... must have HP... me squishies... zomg. And yeah, Parrying Dagger is a normal weapon he can't even use till a few levels... gotta get the essentials!

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Summary - Not a whole lot of skills here. Or items for that matter. I'm pretty much just a brick wall that slams into things. ... I really hope I don't get tired of this character soon. XD Oh well. If I do I'll just throw him into some lava or something and roll sum'n else. =P

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ezekiel, level 1
Warforged, Warden
Build: Earth Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Background: Calimshan (Calimshan Benefit) (+4 Fire Resistance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 9, Wis 10, Cha 10.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 9, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 16 Reflex: 10 Will: 12
HP: 33 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +5, Endurance +9, Athletics +9, Dungeoneering +5, Intimidate +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Heal, History -1, Insight, Perception, Religion -1, Stealth -1, Streetwise, Thievery -1

FEATS
Level 1: Berserker's Fury

POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden at-will 1: Earth Shield Strike
Warden encounter 1: Thunder Ram Assault
Warden daily 1: Form of the Fearsome Ram

ITEMS
Maul, Climber's Kit, Flask (empty) (10), Oil (1 pint) (10), Torch (10), Pouch, Belt (empty) (4), Lantern, Adventurer's Kit, Hide Armor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically my "item goals" for The Zekemeister is, like Serin collecting as many move abilities as possible, Ezekiel will collect as many resistances as possible.

So far I've worked out that I can get 5 (at least within any kind of reasonable time. Reasonable being, uh.. like 2 playing years. Unless we get @#$%ing rich.)

Resist 4 Fire (Background)
Resist 5 (Pick Any) (Armor of Resistance)
Resist 5 Poison (Viper Belt)
Resist 5 Cold (Frostwolf Pelt)
Resist 5 Necrotic (Skull Mask) - Long Way Off

I was also thinking of getting him the Ritual Caster feat, to be like a construct that could perform rituals for the party. But his skills are such shit that nothing would really come out too well. And rituals are effing EXPENSIVE. The book itself, the rituals themselves, the component costs -for- the rituals. Egh. But it'd make sense for a previous mage to let his golem do some of the tedious work.

Oh, and I'm looking at you, Giantkind Gloves. I can start throwing rocks at level 2, and whenever I can afford those I can throw them that much harder. >:D

Deschain

Check out Thorn Strike and Form of Winter's Herald. My old Warden build used those and he was supposed to be a lockdown kind of guy.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I have Thorn Strike. I want to get myself one of most types of attacks. Thorn Strike's Melee 2 is ranged-ish, and I chose Form of the Fearsome Ram because I want Zeke to be a "punch and fuck you up" kind of guy. When he enters that form he gets an attack that punches and pushes 3, plus other stuff. I like to thing of it as a huge rear-back before a mega-slam that sends them flying/sliding.

Speaking of which, I want my attacks' "visuals" to be more earth based. Thorn Strike is kind of plant-y. I'm picturing more like he slams the ground and a rocks juts up, pushing the guy closer. Or I dunno. Not much else makes sense, but I don't want him shooting vines out of nowhere.

Deschain

Weight of Earth is what I was thinking of, but if immobilization is not your goal, then it doesn't really matter.

Gusto

Gusto

Still working on putting a lot of the backstory together but here's the numbers.

Rohgar Kara, level 1
Human, Monk
Build: Centered Breath Monk
Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath
Birth - Among Another Race: Among Another Race (Dragonborn)
Background: Birth - Among Another Race, Found Religion Among Others (Among Another Race (Dragonborn))

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 10, Dex 19, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 10, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 14
HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +5, Thievery +9, Stealth +9, Acrobatics +9, Diplomacy +6, Insight +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana, Bluff +1, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance, Heal +2, History, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Streetwise +1, Athletics -1

FEATS
Human: Battle Awareness
Level 1: Weapon Focus (Unarmed)

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Five Storms
Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
Monk at-will 1: Dragon's Tail
Monk encounter 1: Drunken Monkey
Monk daily 1: Whirling Mantis Step

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Ki Focus, Quarterstaff, Waterskin (3)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Shawn

Shawn

I was thinking of playing a Goblin artificer. It's a leader role but has a lot of controller like abilities. I wasn't sure how "technological" Julie's world was going to be so I wanted to get her opinion first.

Been kinda postponing cause I want to talk to Julie about her game first before I come up with something concrete.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Goblin artificer would be awesome! Do it!

Jay

Jay

zomg, let the rogue have thievery jhfjfndfd... pick something your stats can use... like perception noob! Current skill selections :

ACROBATICS - 2
ARCANA - 1
ATHLETICS - 2
BLUFF - 1
DIPLOMACY - 1
DUNGEON - 1
ENDURANCE - 2
HEAL - 0
HISTORY - 1
INSIGHT - 1
INTIMIDATE - 2
NATURE - 1
PERCEPTION - 1
RELIGION - 1
STEALTH - 3
STREET - 0
THIEF - 2

Gusto

Gusto

It DOES make more sense to take Athletics... But that's kinda nerfing myself... Eh, whatever.

Changing Thievery for Athletics.

Shawn

Shawn

My character will probably have thievery as well, but it would make more sense for him to focus on trap design and disarming. Not sure if that's something you were going to be doing, Jay.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I was trying to think up a story, but really there isn't much to tell. He was a mindless construct with very little will of his own, and paid little if any attention to anything around him or the deeds he had to perform. Now he's woken up, after who-knows-how-many years with no recollection of his previous master, only that he knows he had one, now lacks one, and needs one.

He may come to realize that Arku's different brand of magic has bestowed him a mind of sorts. He follows relentlessly and will perform any task requested or ordered of him, but he is indeed able to "think" now. He'll eventually realize that, unlike before, he is not bound by the laws of magic to do one's bidding, but merely that he feels that it is his purpose to serve. He may eventually come to be his own 'person' since he does indeed still exist.

Since being restored by Arku, he is able to form his opinions on things. He is able to decide whether something seems "right" or "wrong," but he feels things do not concern him, as that is not his place to decide. If his master has a general aura of altruism, he might recognize that his master might bid him to do the "right" thing. For example, if his master and he were out in town, and his master is a generally nice/helpful person, Ezekiel might attempt to stop a thief who'd just stolen a purse or some such thing.

It is basically his understanding that his master comes before him, always. If anyone or anything even remotely resembling hostility approaches, he will immediately step forward to create a barrier between himself and his master, making it clear that he is the one to be dealt with.

I would classify his mind in stages throughout the campaign. Something like 'Mindless' through 'Full Independent Conscientiousness.' Right now he's at Mindless or one brief step above it. For example, in his efforts to defend his master, he may not take into account the people or structures around him. He could very easy lay waste to the entire inside of a building given enough time and reason to fight in it. In this current Mind Stage, he has something akin to Tunnel Vision regarding his enemies. He will focus on one enemy nonstop until it is defeated, again disregarding anything around him. If he senses his Master in immediate danger, he may quickly turn to the new foe to pummel it into submission before resuming the first challenger. This can no doubt be easily exploited, as complicated strategies are beyond him.

As he travels and grows, he will be able to form more solid opinions and even act on them, form strategies, forge relationships that don't involve a swift jab to the jaw, and so on. In his previous life, he was unable to do any of this. This new magic powering him will allow him a life he never could have had.

This is just to give insight into what type of 'person' he is and how he'll grow, and how he'll be acting right off the bat. Even now, the best company he can really offer to Arku is listening, with barely a response beyond a grunt, or an affirmative or negative. While he may not be able to offer anything insightful to his master, he is indeed storing any information presented to him, which may speed his growth into a thinking being.

Edit: Forgot to toss this in there somewhere - He does enjoy doing the non-combat menial tasks asked of him (such as carrying a heavy load or any other non-precision hard labor job required)-- as much as his "Mind State" can allow anyway. It's not so much that he enjoys it, it's more that he knows that's just the way things are. Birds fly, water is wet, and golems do the labor. He is tireless, so he can and will work for days at a time straight.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Not to waffle again or anything (as I do that), but looking at the Artificer, wouldn't a class that is specifically designed to infuse objects with magic and build constructs be the perfect match-up for a golem? AND being a goblin, he's a Small creature!

If Shawn went Goblin Artificer, it'd be almost perfect for him to have found Ezekiel. Not only that, Arku's a Shaman-- he summons his own guardians. Like wolves 'n shit. =P

Not to snub anyone, just sayin'. It's kinda perfect. ;p

PS: I've always wanted to see an Artificer in action

Shawn

Shawn

Nikto, level 1
Goblin, Artificer
Build: Tinkerer Artificer
Background: Society - Poor (Streetwise class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Thievery +9, Heal +7, Streetwise +6, Dungeoneering +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +2, History +3, Insight +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +3, Stealth +4, Athletics -1

FEATS
Artificer: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Master Mixer

POWERS
Artificer at-will 1: Magic Weapon
Artificer at-will 1: Aggravating Force
Healing Infusion: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula
Artificer encounter 1: Spike Wire
Artificer daily 1: Flameburst Armor

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Claw Fighter Claw, Adventurer's Kit, Thieves' Tools, Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (20), Crowbar, Leather Armor, Hammer
RITUALS
Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole, Arcane Mark

Shawn

Shawn

Too tired right now to think about a background. Need to sleep on it and will work on something as soon as I get up. Maybe Julie will be online and I can chat with her about it. No reason for me to assume too much about her world. Also not really all too keen about being any one's master.

But basic thoughts right now is that I am a member of Armaranth's underbelly of poor and destitute. Good ol' ma did all she could to raise all twelve of us, and me being the eldest I had to pick up a trade quite quickly. I turned to alchemy, which was pretty easy to learn and useful for folks who needed quick and cheap solutions to their problems. Adhesive for when your house was about to fall down, and liquor when it eventually did. Also started getting interested in magic and mechanical devices. Eventually I started to combine the two elements into useful gadgets and spells. I got into a lot of trouble in my free time. Usually pulling pranks that the rich folk didn't find too funny. There could also be some gambling debts, but I don't think I'm due for a leg breaking just yet.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

D'oh, alright. ;P The idea of protecting a big-ass giant man is kinda growing on me anyway.

Seems we have a full team. E'cited about next Thursday!

And, well, this Thursday too. But next Thursday's a new game, an'.. SHUT UP!

Jay

Jay

My character will probably have thievery as well, but it would make more sense for him to focus on trap design and disarming. Not sure if that's something you were going to be doing, Jay.
The Simkin shall be doing all the thievery we shall need, my man! Trap design... you can use it for that if you'd like. In fact you can do your character all you'd like... just that rogues should be rogues IMOs!

Update :

ACROBATICS - 3
ARCANA - 2
ATHLETICS - 2
BLUFF - 1
DIPLOMACY - 1
DUNGEON - 2
ENDURANCE - 2
HEAL - 1
HISTORY - 1
INSIGHT - 1
INTIMIDATE - 2
NATURE - 1
PERCEPTION - 1
RELIGION - 1
STEALTH - 3
STREET - 1
THIEF - 2

Gusto

Gusto

Without having to rebuild any of your characters in my builder, does anyone care to describe their powers?

Gusto

Gusto

Halfling rogue, goblin, and monk = DEX heavy team. :)

Deschain

I hit people with my sword and channel magic through it. I can hit one of them, several of them, hit them even if I miss, hit them hard enough so they don't do as much damage to you, etc.

Gusto

Gusto

Okay. So here're some reference pictures that I drew/coloured/pogified, and my character's final stats. I've altered a few things including ability scores, feats, background benefits, etc. Kara has already multiclassed Avenger so that she can become a more effective combatant and missionary, by picking up Religion training and the Oath of Enmity power, dropping background Religion training and taking a +2 to Diplomacy instead.

Here's the stuff:

Rohgar Kara, level 1
Human, Monk
Build: Centered Breath Monk
Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath
Birth - Among Another Race: Among Another Race (Dragonborn)
Background: Birth - Among Another Race, Found Religion Among Others (Among Another Race (Dragonborn))

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 8, Dex 19, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 8, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 14
HP: 25 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +5, Athletics +5, Stealth +9, Acrobatics +9, Diplomacy +8, Insight +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana, Bluff +1, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance -1, Heal +2, History, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4

FEATS
Human: Hero of Faith
Level 1: Toughness

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Five Storms
Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
Monk at-will 1: Dragon's Tail
Monk encounter 1: Drunken Monkey
Monk daily 1: Whirling Mantis Step

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Ki Focus, Quarterstaff
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Jay

Jay

I'd hit it.

Describe my character's powers? Simkin... well... he's Simkin. That's all you need to know.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I'll actually try to be helpful:

Regular:

Thorn Strike: Melee 2 - Damage + Pull Enemy 1 Square Closer
Earth Shield Strike: Melee 1 - Damage + +1 AC to me until end of next turn
Thunder Ram Assault: Thunder Damage + Push Target 3. Secondary Attack: Close Blast 3 - 1d6 Thunder, Push Secondary Target(s) 1.
Form of the Fearsome Ram:
-- Mode: I gain the strength of the mighty fearsome ram (I would really rather not actually assume the form of a ram. That's stupid.) until end of Encounter.
-- +2 Speed / +2 Charge ATK rolls / At-Will Pushes 1
+++ Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack: Before Attack, Shift Speed. 2[W] DMG + Push 3 + Knock Prone + Shift into space adjacent to target // Miss: Half DMG, Push 1, Move Adjacent

Here are notes I made for myself about his powers/abilities. These are either traits or powers I have:

EZEKIEL NOTES

4 Hours Rest
No Eat, Sleep, Drink, Breathe - Fully alert during rest

Once Per Day, +2 DMG 'til End of Encounter [Free Action]

---------SAVING THROWS
- Start of Turn: Free Saving Throw - Effect Ends "Before" Turn
- Ongoing Damage: +2 to Save Rolls

Second Wind: +(3) AC until end of next turn

---------MARKING [Marked = -2 ATK if against other than me]
- Once per turn, may mark all adjacent - Free Action
- IMMEDIATE INTERRUPT - Enemy Marked, Target Other, Melee / STR vs Fort, 1[W]+STR + target grants combat advantage to all
- IMMEDIATE REACTION - Enemy Marked w/in 5, Target Other / Slide 1 + Slowed + Cannot Shift 'til after end its turn

*Immediate Actions can only be used once per round
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking back on how this character has no skills and won't gain much of a personality for a while, here's hoping I don't regret this character. =P

Request to DM: Have LOTS of breakable things. :laugh:

Gusto

Gusto

Class/Multiclass Powers:

FLURRY OF BLOWS
Free Action - Melee 1 - One creature

Trigger: I hit with an attack during my turn.
Effect: The target takes 2 + WIS(2) damage, and is either slid 1 square to a square adjacent to me, or slid 1 square in any direction if the target wasn't the same as the triggering target.
Special: I can use this power only once per round.

OATH OF ENMITY
Minor Action - Close burst 10 - One enemy

Effect: The oath lasts until the end of the encounter or the enemy is reduced to 0 hp, at which point I regain use of the power. When rolling attacks against the target and it is the only target adjacent to me, I can roll twice on attack rolls and use the higher result once per round. This doesn't count for attacks that would cause me to roll twice against that target anyway, but any effect that lets me reroll an attack lets me reroll both of them.

Powers/Disciplines:

DRAGON'S TAIL
ATTACK TECHNIQUE
Standard Action - Melee touch - One creature - Dexterity vs. Fortitude

Hit: 1d6 + Dex(4), and I knock the target prone.
MOVEMENT TECHNIQUE
Move Action - Melee 1

Effect: I swap places with the target.

CRANE'S WINGS
ATTACK TECHNIQUE
Standard Action - Melee touch - One creature - Dexterity vs. Fortitude

Hit: 1d10 + Dex(4), and I push the target 1 square.
MOVEMENT TECHNIQUE
Move Action - Personal

Effect: I make an Athletics check to jump, with a +5 power bonus. I'm considered to have a running start and my speed doesn't limit my distance.

FIVE STORMS
ATTACK TECHNIQUE
Standard Action - Close burst 1 - Each enemy - Dexterity vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d8 + Dex(4).
MOVEMENT TECHNIQUE
Move Action - Personal

Effect: I shift 2 squares.

DRUNKEN MONKEY
ATTACK TECHNIQUE
Standard Action - Melee touch - One creature - Dexterity vs. Will

Hit: 2d8 + Dex(4), and I slide the target 1 square. The target then makes a melee basic attack against an enemy of my choice, with a power bonus equal to my Wis(2).
MOVEMENT TECHNIQUE
Move Action - Personal

Effect: I move your speed +2. During this movement, I ignore difficult terrain and get a Wis(2) power bonus to my defenses against any opportunity attacks.

WHIRLING MANTIS TECHNIQUE
ATTACK TECHNIQUE
Standard Action

Effect: I shift my speed. If I become adjacent to any enemies during this shift, I slide them 1 square, up to one time per enemy. After the shift, I make the following attack:
Melee touch - One, two or three creatures - Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Dex(4), and the target is slowed (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed until the end of my next turn.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

*applauds and praises Doom* ^o^ Your character is incredibly deep and well thought out and I wasn't meaning to slight you, I just wanted to acknowledge that I did read the two "next great American/Canadian novels" that were posted and that they were very engaging. I don't ask or expect anyone to write anything like that. They wrote stories to go with their backgrounds for fun (I'm assuming, anyway) and that's great, but even without a story, your golem still excites me ten different levels of FUCK YEAH. These are ALL the most original and intriguing characters I've ever seen in a game I've DMed, and I have DMed quite a bit. I'm ridiculously excited for next week to see everyone in action. X3 We're gonna have a good time. Aaaaand now for a word from our sponsors...

Gusto: I responded to your PM, so please check that out.
Shawnacy: Goblin pyrophile (yes, I made that word up) FTW. And many huggles. I ♥ you.
Deschain: How did you afford a warhorse? Riding horse or camel are the 75 gp choices, I believe. Actually, after the Repeating crossbow, Bolts (100), Tratnyr (3) and Greatspear, you are pretty much broke. I didn't mean you can buy every weapon you think you'd like. I said your weapon (meaning the one you use, your Durandal) was free, along with your basic armor. Everything else you have to buy. You also would have to buy your mount if you want one. So, after a riding horse, you're looking at 25 gp left. Please go through and edit your choices accordingly then post them here. :3 My apologies for the confusion.
SeriousJay: Mmmmm, hot Simkin luvvins. XD "It's all the rage in court!"
Darryl: WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO TAKE THAT PICTURE OF ME IN MY PAJAMAS!?!!11!1!!! RAGEQUIT!

Hee hee.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Arku, level 1
Goliath, Shaman
Companion Spirit: Protector Spirit
Background: Redemption Seeker, Geography - Mountains, Penitent, BENEFIT: Arcane Tracker (+2 to Nature)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 10.

AC: 12 Fort: 14 Reflex: 10 Will: 16
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +13, Athletics +7 (as a goliath, I roll it twice and pick whichever I like), Insight +9, Heal +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +3, History, Intimidate, Perception +4, Religion, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Protector Spirit Adept (Any allies adjacent to my spirit gain +1 to Fort, Reflex, and Will)

POWERS I CHOOSE
Shaman at-will 1: Watcher's Strike (Wisdom v Reflex, target melee from my spirit 1d8+ Wis, all allies adjacent to spirit get +1 to attack rolls, +5 to Perception until end of my next turn)
Shaman encounter 1: Call to the Ancient Defender (Wisdom v Fort, target melee from my spirit 2d8+Wis, all allies gain +5 to defenses against opportunity attacks while adjacent to spirit until the end of my next turn)
Shaman daily 1: Spirit of the Healing Flood (Wisdom v Fort, close burst 5, 1d8 + Wis to all enemies in burst, all friendly in burst get regeneration 2 while bloodied, or can end the status for instant 10 HP as a minor)

OTHER POWERS I GET
Opportunity Action: Spirit's Shield (Wisdom v Reflex, trigger when enemy leaves square adjacent to spirit, takes Wisdom modifier worth of damage, and one ally within 5 squares of companion gains Wisdom modifier worth of HP)
At will: Protecting Strike (Wisdom vs Will, target melee from my spirit 1d8 + Wis, each ally adjacent to spirit gains Constitution modifier worth of temp HP)
Minor Encounter: Stone's Endurance (Gain +5 resistance to all damage until end of my next turn)
Encounter: Healing Spirit (Close burst 5, myself or ally in burst may spend a healing surge. Once spent, another ally adjacent to my spirit may regain 1d6 HP; can be used twice per encounter)
Minor Encounter: Speak with Spirits (During this turn, gain Wisdom modifier worth to next skill check)

And I can call and dismiss my spirit companion as a minor, which already gives me some interesting ideas for combos in taking care of you guys :p.

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Implement, Orb, Spiked gauntlet, Adventurer's Kit, Inquisitive's Kit, Tent

Gusto

Gusto

Hahaha, your interpretation of Zeke looks like Robo from Chrono Trigger! Awesome. :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I took it off the pic Doom posted.

Although now I see what you mean, the eyes and the peace sign.

EDIT: Damn, Oath of Emnity kick ass!

I'm actually glad we have so many melee people; it'll make my spirit healing all the more useful if I can get it next to more than one person at a time.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

LOL at your picture. XD Hahaha, awesome.

Gusto

Gusto

Rohgar Kara

Seventy years ago, aggression ravaged these lands. The kings and chiefs of the northeast saw in Amaranth an overripe peach that had gone years too long without plucking. The greed in them grew as steadily as the city’s thriving coffers, and quickly overcame their senses of justice and goodness.

Vast armies trampled across the small Dragonborn nation of Gardok, scattered in pockets and valleys throughout the Gardok mountain range. The city had mesmerized them like a flame to the moth, and innocent blood was spilt for land. The remnants of the crazed attackers were easily quashed by Amaranth’s overpowering force, but the damage had already been done – the proud nation of Gardok had fallen. The only Dragonborn who were not trampled underfoot were not enough to maintain their grips on their capital, and the family elders solemnly decided after much debate to revert to their people’s former tribal system. Some more resentful than others, they went their separate ways to various Gardokian Valleys to begin a new life.

Some of these tribes hid themselves, possibly trying to avoid this kind of destruction in the future. Others grew hateful, lusting for revenge of their lost land, power, and people. Still others turned to life of peaceful training and education, determined to bring a sense peace and justice back to the world. Among the last of these were the Rohgar Clan.

They are my people.

I am Rohgar Kara, a simple monk among these people. From the time I was old enough to make a fist and understand our education, I was trained to become part of our missionaries. I was not strong or smart enough to become a Paladin of Lord Bahamut or a warlord. Although close, I was not deemed to have enough wisdom or conviction to become a cleric in His service. However, He blessed me with my small form and agility, which I have honed over the past fourteen years in order to become a monk in His Service.

The Rohgar have taught me many valuable lessons and techniques over the years. They have raised me as one of their own, named me, loved me, and I am very grateful to them and to my Lord. But although I consider them to be my family, I wonder about my true origins. Chief Rohgar tells me this is my “natural human curiousity”, and encourages me to seek answers on my pilgrimage. I have long been looking forward to this day.

Yesterday was my nineteenth birthday, and I am told that I am now an adult in human years. My training is not yet complete, but they have taught me all that they can. They say I am prepared for the world, and I trust in their judgement. My mission is twofold: to spread the word of Lord Bahamut and the peace and justice He represents, and to discover the true story of my human tribe.

This morning, I look to the southwest towards Amaranth, the rising sun to my back. I am Rohgar Kara, and my pilgrimage has begun.

Jay

Jay

First Strike : At encounter start, get combat advantage against foes that haven't acted yet.
Sneak Attack : Once per round, if you have combat advantage and hit with a crossbow, light blade, or sling, deal extra damage. (2d6)
(Feat) Backstabber : Your sneak damage is now increased to (2d8)
Artful Dodger : Add Cha mod to AC against opportunity attacks. (+3)
Nimble Reaction : +2 AC to opportunity attacks (for a +5 AC to OA I believe)
Second Chance : (Encounter) If I get hit and don't like the roll, I force them to reroll.
Rogue Weapon Talent : Damage die increases one size with shuriken; +1 on attacks with daggers.
Bold : +5 to saving throws against fear.

Powers: (for now)

At-Will 1 : Deft Strike (Dex vs AC) : (1 Target) 1W+5 damage. Special : You can move steps before the attack.
At-Will 2 : Piercing Strike (Dex vs Reflex) : (1 Target) 1W+5 damage.
Encounter : Positioning Strike (Dex vs Will) : (1 Target) 1W+5 damage. You slide the target a 3 squares (Cha modifier)
Daily : Blinding Barrage (Dex vs AC) (Close Blast 3) 2W+5 and the target is blinded till my next EOT. Miss is half damage, no blinding.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We have an interesting mix going on here.

Oh crap, this is gonna mean macro-making. Guess I know what my Saturday morning will be.

Jay

Jay

Buying System Shock 2! *nods*

Deschain

How did you afford a warhorse? Riding horse or camel are the 75 gp choices, I believe.
Sorry, on my first go-through through the mounts on character builder, I did not see riding horse, just camel and warhorse, so I chose the latter. I think I'll save up for a proper mount.

Actually, after the Repeating crossbow, Bolts (100), Tratnyr (3) and Greatspear, you are pretty much broke. I didn't mean you can buy every weapon you think you'd like.
Again, my apologies, I read 'main weapons', so I assumed the weapons that I would most likely use in combat.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Query:

What if, to save us some serious cliff-hanger blue-ballin', instead of alternating games every other week, we alternated every two weeks?

Like, we play Shawn's game Week 1 and Week 2, Julie's game Week 3 and Week 4?

That way everyone has 2 weeks break to plot some stuff out, including the week between their own game.

Or does that not help the original problem at all?..

Shawn

Shawn

Query:

What if, to save us some serious cliff-hanger blue-ballin', instead of alternating games every other week, we alternated every two weeks?

Like, we play Shawn's game Week 1 and Week 2, Julie's game Week 3 and Week 4?

That way everyone has 2 weeks break to plot some stuff out, including the week between their own game.

Or does that not help the original problem at all?..
I would be fine with this if Julie would like.

Jay

Jay

Simkin gives you his seal of approval.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

But what if the second of a set is a cliffhanger? Then you have to wait two weeks to get to the next part :p.

(I just like to make Doom's head go pop.)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

HURRY UP, NEXT WEEK

I WANNA THROW SHIT AT SHIT

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

By the by, I was reading about Calimshan and that place is completely dominated by one race and then their slave race. The genasi own all of Calimshan and humans are their slaves. There was no mention of any other races inhabiting the desert region there...

Deschain

He might not actually be from Calimsham, at least one of them isn't.

Gusto

Gusto

Man I can't wait to fancy-move and punch people.

Deschain

I can't wait to be a real boy!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I need to get in on one of these D&D games one day. I play on Sundays (when I'm not working) and am in the middle of making my own epic campaign and it's still not enough.

Shawn

Shawn

Gotta say, I'm really looking forward to the game.

Gusto

Gusto

Me too. Most of our characters have fairly distinctive archetypal feelings to them. It'll be interesting to see whether we'll have Company of Discord 2: Necrotic Boogaloo.

Shawn

Shawn

Me too. Most of our characters have fairly distinctive archetypal feelings to them. It'll be interesting to see whether we'll have Company of Discord 2: Necrotic Boogaloo.
No need to worry. I shall bring the group together with explosives!

Gusto

Gusto

I have made and saved all my pog details and macros. I'm good to go.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Oh right. Pogs and macros. Those would be good.

/emote wants to game.

Jay

Jay

MACROS BEFORE THURSDAY

MMMMMKAY?

Deschain

Quick question Julie, can I change my race to this? Someone recommended it to me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That can't be real.

Gonna do my macros right now.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Quick question Julie, can I change my race to this? Someone recommended it to me.

*roflmao* It's Ein!

Deschain

No, but seriously, I'd be the faithful Corgi of the previous owner of the sword, and now that he died in battle, it is my duty to return it to the House and its rightful heir.

Gusto

Gusto

Veto.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Agreed. Rejected.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

:/

Gusto

Gusto

Srs bzns.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, I do agree with not using a made-up, non-rules race.

If he wanted to be a dog-person, he could be a Gnoll, and say it's fur pattern and features are like a 6-foot tall Corgi.

Jay

Jay

Furries? What the hell?

Deschain

Well yea, I was pretty much joking. They seem like an adorable race, imagine a field of them charging a bunch of orcs.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The fur! The blood! The horror!

Could also be a familiar.

Deschain

I would murder children to command a pack of Corgi's into battle. THINK OF THE SOCKS.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

*endless giggle fit thinking of a corgi army*

Jay

Jay

Did I read that racial right? They knock opponents prone and steal their socks? I LOLed hard.

Deschain

PRONE FOR THE PRONE GOD! SOCKS FOR THE SOCK THRONE!

Gusto

Gusto

Corgi cultists?! Yikes!

Believe it or not, that actually reminds me... I should elaborate further on Kara's personality traits, likes and dislikes, etc.

Jay

Jay

Hopefully she dislike wearing clothes. :wub:

Gusto

Gusto

Tiiiiiiittttttaaaay.

But no.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"Have you heard the word of Lord Bahamut?"

Jay

Jay

knock knock
who's there
simkin
simkin who?
simkin's in mah pants!

Deschain

"Your gods will not save you against evil. Only your sword can."

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Your mom saves us from evil. With my sword.

Gusto

Gusto

- spicy food.
- candles.
- the outdoors.
- travelling.
- Lord Bahamut and his followers.
- Ilmater and his followers, to a lesser extent.
- learning.
- meeting new people.

Dislikes:

- alcohol.
- Tiamat and her followers.
- greed.
- cold weather.
- shoes.
- oppression.

Kara will always strive for a diplomatic solution when one is possible, but is quick to jump to self-defense or to defend her party. The only times she'll attack are if she's confronted with true, unapologetic evil, or followers/spawn of Tiamat. Outside of her monastery for the first time, she is very excitable and curious but tries to maintain her monk serenity. She has a strong will and if the cause is important enough to her, she will never give up on her efforts. Her behaviour tries to emulate that of Bahamut - humble, selfless and peaceful, but with great strength and fortitude, and a powerful sense of justice.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Got bored and made this. Thought it might be useful for remembering what afflictions are on whom. You can put these tiny pogs on top of ours by themselves, but I'm also going to add what each status does as Stats on the pogs and save them, so if we want we can "Load Pog" and have the reminder pog + its name and what it does. The Ongoing pog would have a "Type:" where you add something like "Poison 5 (Save)".

I mostly did this cuz I'll be marking a lot of people and getting my +1 AC a bunch, so I made those and then decided to do the rest.

Ennnnn..joy? I guess?

*Obviously, you can get them when we connect, not from this giant sheet.

Attachments

Gusto

Gusto

The thing is, every time you moved a creature you'd have to move two or more pogs. Plus some of them get really complicated, like the ones where Shawn had us all stunned, slowed, immobilized and weakened for varying amounts of turns and saves. I think it'd just be easier and less messy to have every pog have a "status" attribute. It ain't perfect but it's cleaner.

Not that I don't appreciate your effort. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Agreed, but they're there if we want them. I feel like oftentimes people forget to check the Status of the pog, so at least an image might help our memories. I'll volunteer to manage them, at least until it gets old. :|

If nothing else, I'm using my +1 AC and Marked pogs.

Gusto

Gusto

Yea go right ahead. :) I'm not about to stop you from using pogs that reflect your powers.

Deschain

Man, drums are kind of expensive for being drums.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Aw, but the other one's so much more badass.

Gusto

Gusto

Are you human again, Deschain? With your character portraits it's so difficult to remember. For that matter, is Gaspar even human?

Shawn

Shawn

I like the status symbols. There isn't a way to layer pogs in gametable and lock them together is there?

Deschain

There might be, one of those cursor might allow multiple selection.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Not sure. I'll mess with it. I've wondered these things mahself.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Everyone had best have their character sheets into me by midnight tonight. I really need them, ya'll.

jnremijan at gmail dot com

Send me the glory so I might bask in its amazing glow of amazement and... >_> <_< Just send me yo damn sheets bitchez!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

She gonna hurt us, people!

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

So.

Julie.

You DM tonight.

NERVOUS?

Gusto

Gusto

Oh man you guys I actually lost sleep in excitement.

PRESSURE'S ON

Soliloquy

Dang it, I keep missing opportunities to join games like this.

Too late now, huh?

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah very.

Like, it was already full before we had a thread.

:(

Deschain

Indeed, it is basically the same group from the other campaign.

Gusto

Gusto

Woooo, setbacks.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Man, awesome session.

I thought the first encounter was tough, but when we finally got past the Firewall it seemed like things were getting easier. I had my doubts about the Escort the Port mession but it played out okay. But man, when Router showed up?? I never thought we'd beat him, but then Jay's TechSupport class character really saved the day with his Remote Assistance daily. But then Router actually wasn't the bad guy!! It was COMPUTER! I was so shocked! We continued to throw everything we had at it, but nothing seemed to affect it.

So when we tried to get around it instead by equipping Daryl with the Pogs to pass the Gametable skill challenge? Brilliant!

Too bad we're still losing both fights. :|

But I only target AC so I'm useless. ;)

Jay

Jay

I rolled a crit... a natural crit. We won.

Good half-session. Should be even more awesome next week!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jay seriously saved the game with his technical prowess.

Gusto

Gusto

If everything does not go flawlessly next week, I fear Julie will tear her hair out.

Deschain

Julie shouldn't worry about anything. I once had 1.5 rounds of combat take 3 hours. I raged so hard.

I was actually surprised at the gruesomeness of the session. I didn't expect people to be sliced in half or worms to crawl out of dead hosts.

Gusto

Gusto

Christ.

Deschain

I was afraid that the worm would go for me, since all of you had backed away and I was the only one still there, but then I remember I was wearing a mask over my face.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

It likes a challenge.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

First session recording.

I've edited out the silent sections and ended up cutting about 30 minutes of silence, making for a smoother, more fun listen. About an hour and 26 minutes as-is. I'm not sure I'm going to do the editing again unless it's while doing something else that's fun, like watching a movie or something, because it took almost as long as the uncut session.

Anyway, enjoy!

Dave

Dave

First session recording.

I've edited out the silent sections and ended up cutting about 30 minutes of silence, making for a smoother, more fun listen. About an hour and 26 minutes as-is. I'm not sure I'm going to do the editing again unless it's while doing something else that's fun, like watching a movie or something, because it took almost as long as the uncut session.

Anyway, enjoy!
What do you use to record? Vent? And how did you get it on the megaupload?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

In Vent, you right click on it, View -> Record/Playback (or something like that), and just hit record.

As for getting it up on Megaupload, just go to megaupload.com and upload the vent file, or convert it to a wav file (in vent), or use something like audacity to turn it into an MP3.

Also, what silence was there? Or did you include all the getting it to work crap?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I mean, like the pauses between Jay getting his voice altering software going, or just general gaps. Download and listen to the first couple minutes and then listen to the first couple minutes of yours, since you and I started recording around the same time. You'll see what I mean.

Dave: I do the recording like Doom, export as a .wav, and then converted to mp3 with iTunes. I did edit out the gaps with Audacity though.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Speaking of voice software, how do people feel about my golem voice? Should I keep it, nix it, or keep-but-alter it?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nah, I think it's perfect.

Gusto

Gusto

I much prefer the Worf voice to the chipmunk voice.

Deschain

You can say other things besides 'Yes Master', don't be afraid. Also, man I sound terrible.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You sound fine. I'm waaaay too loud, and I'm gonna mess with my mic settings to fix this before next session.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Well saying "yes master" is all he is right now. As we do more things and level up, his self-awarenessand intellect will grow, allowing him to make his own decisions and such.

I may have made a terrible charactr choice, but let's play it out, shall we? XD

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Check your PM box, Doom.

Gusto

Gusto

Do we have our technical issues sorted out yet?

Jay

Jay

I much prefer the Worf voice to the chipmunk voice.
You shut your whore mouth or Simkin will be stabbin' a lout!

Gusto

Gusto

That's what we keep him around for.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

So I've come to realize that the film competition I entered is showing its movies Thursday at 7:00 Central, which gives me an hour and a half to play.

So unfortunately I have to miss out on, like, all of the meat of Julie's game, but I can probably get a tiny bit of time in there. But if I don't show up at all, don't be surprised, as I might have had to meet up with my team.

Sorry, Jules. =(

Jay

Jay

Can Simkin have all his stuff?

Gusto

Gusto

Game niiiiiiight.

Ain'tnonightlikeagamenightbabyyy.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Too bad I have to miss it.

Le sadness.

Just throw some "Yes Master"s in there and it'll be just like having me there!

Gusto

Gusto

Is Julie gonna play as Zeke?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Can Simkin have all his stuff?
*dumps a pile of gravel in his lap* Now you have his stuff. XD

Is Julie gonna play as Zeke?
I'll figure something out that will work for us.

Jay

Jay

Simkin disapproves anyone not attending.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Soooo... What happened? :D

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Someone else will have to summarize.

Not a lot. We spent most of the session in this long battle underground.

Deschain

Sorry if my performance was not up to par, I was fighting a cold that came this morning.

Jay

Jay

With experience, things will get better! Good times, for sure.

Gusto

Gusto

Not to pull a Doom or anything... but... loot? :D

Jay

Jay

None left, Simkin taketh' and no giveth'

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I apologize everyone. I said I'd have loot up this evening, but I got distracted. I'm about to go to bed, but I wanted ya'll to know I didn't forget. It will be posted tomorrow without any further delay. ♥

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Don't forget a quick rundown! :O

Deschain

Man that was late last night.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Paragraphs, man! Holy shit...

Jay

Jay

That's a terribad review. Too much I and ghettoness. And yes.... what poster above said.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I will give a rundown with less flavor text, because I think Doom wants an idea of what was going on and not Reynard's opium spell.

After the worm-tentacle-thing popped out of the girl's head, we followed the other zombie-people to an elevator that would go to the next tier of Amaranth (2 of 7). Too many people got in the elevator, or the elevator was made unstable by certain individuals causing problems inside it, and it went shooting downward, into another, under-level of the city. Nikto observed that there was not supposed to be an underground level.

The possessed people ran off into the dark and we followed them until we hit a dragon-statue and were stopped by what appeared to be a line of Drow. They vanished and Nikto and Kara fell into a pit-trap, upon which another Drow appeared, as did a half-dozen elves with their eyes bandaged and bloody, who began to shriek in Abyssal.

The rest of the session was primarily combat. Simkin slid the Drow into the pit, crushing Nikto but mostly eliminating the Drow as a threat (Nikto and Kara kicked the shit out of him). The rest of us were left to handle the dragon statue that came to life and seemed impervious to damage. Only the Simkin really picked up right away to knock out the elves who were chanting Abyssal. When that didn't stop the dragon, we resorted to killing the elves, at which point the dragon exploded. We hauled the Drow (and our buddies) out of the pit. The Drow made some "you have no idea what you've done!" threats, and a big booming Drow voice down the hall somehow killed him (perhaps with bad breath). We ended the session running after the voice, leaving the unconscious possessed guy behind.

I feel bad that Shawn spent the whole combat in a hole in the ground. It was a pretty interesting combat. I wish I had picked up that we could not hurt the dragon earlier, as it could have been finished more quickly that way, but also I guess more story would've happened that Doom would have missed.

Gusto

Gusto

I would've helped Shawn out of the pit, but he seemed to wanna stay down there as an in-character sorta hiss-fit.

I totally used some magically-enhanced Athletics checks to run, jump and climb my way out of that 30 foot pit, Prince of Persia style.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

This session went, as it rightfully should, in a completely different direction than I imagined. That, and I figured that after so many high rolls were made against the dragon that weren't hitting, ya'll would have at thought to either:

1. Run, because it might be something crazy over-leveled
2. Gag the elves to get them to stop chanting
3. Go straight for the voice down the hallway

But, hey, that's why D and D is such a great game. You can get all the preconceived notions you like, but that doesn't guarantee that anything will go the way you think it will. I also realized post-game that since everyone is probably used to Shawn's DMing style by now, they would be thinking, "Well, -everything- is killable!" and continue to attempt to annihilate everything. I was planning on having the dragon return to stone when you had silenced the elves and given you another plot reason to be conflicted about killing them, but I decided to have our dragon continue to draw energy from their unconscious, albeit alive, selves. In my mind, the elves had completed the summoning and continuing to chant was just powering it up from then on out.

Aaaaaaaaaaanywho. I know ya'll really just want to see what you found, so here you go:

On the drow warrior you find leather magic armor +1 (gives a +2 AC bonus and weighs 15 lbs), one scimitar (the other is in the pit), one dagger, and a small drawing that looks like a geometrical maze.

On the elven slaves you don't really find nothing of value (everything but their bloodied clothes) except for 6, what would be considered "holy" by the drow, symbols of Lolth.
And, if you examine the ground, which I know the Simkin will, he will find 2 dime-sized emeralds that look just like the eyes of the great dragon. You'll have to have them appraised in the city to find their worth.

I'm sorry that I was so uncertain during the game. I psyched myself out, afraid that I'd let people down if I wasn't the ultimate DM, you know? ^^; But, after talking to Darryl and Shawn, I know better. I just love you guys so much, I want to make those Thursday nights with me rock. =3 Anywho, that's all for now. I look forward to the next session when Doom is there and the plot will thicken like Southern grits left in the fridge! *lol*

xoxoxoxo
- Juls

Gusto

Gusto

2. Gag the elves to get them to stop chanting
I would've thought knocking them out (as we did) would have had the same effect, but it apparently did not. : /

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think it was too late by then.

Deschain

The connection was pretty clear from the start that the elves were somehow linked to unwillingly summoning/powering the dragon. I was gambling on being able to beat the dragon without having to deal with the elves first though and when that did not appear to be the case, decided to start knocking the elves unconscious, again hoping we wouldn't have to resort to killing them. Of course, that still didn't do anything, so the logical conclusion was to start mercy-killing them. As for whoever is responsible, he has the lives of six elves to account for. And a Deschain always pays his debts.

Also, does anyone need the leather armor?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I think it was too late by then.
Correct.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Yep, hate that I missed the second game, but excited about the next!

And I love that you give mundane loot. Shawn never does mundane loot (cuz it is a bit pointless), but I love it for some reason. Adds some more fun to me.

By the way, if it hasn't been established, Ezekiel will happily serve as the group's packmule.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Waaaay ahead of ya. He's carrying 6 dead bodies, just so we don't have to strip their worthless clothing from them.

We don't have to collect the crap loot. In Shawn's game there doesn't seem to be a character who would bother with it, so I don't see if he'd need to. No thief classes or personalities. I mean, we're supposed to beat the lich. Once we tell people, they seem more than happy to help us. I don't think we'll be in such high standing for Julie's game, plus we have more scrounging characters in Julie's game who would take all that crap. You know, thieves and poor people :p.

Shawn

Shawn

Oh I dunno. I add a few mundane loot here and there. Just depends on what makes sense at the time.

Combat at the bottom of the pit was a bit annoying. Certainly getting a drow thrown on top of him wasn't the best thing to ever happen to Nikto, but at least it gave me and Kara something to do. I decided it was in character to let folks real me up, elevator style, on top of the Drow.

Deschain

I briefly considered trying to pull you up, but with me having marked the dragon, I was afraid it would start raping me as soon as I tried.

Gusto

Gusto

Does anyone besides Simkin use leather armor? Maybe Arku?

I get the idea that as far as armor goes:

Kara/Nikto = light/cloth.
Simkin/Arku = medium/leather.
Reynard/Ezekiel = heavy/mail+.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Arku wears leather. I think Simkin should have it because he's the one getting in close combat with enemies.

Jay

Jay

[FONT=&quot]Simkin happily obliges and puts it on before anyone else mutters a word, "'Pon my honor," he murmurs with a sly smile, "we should have a jolly time in these tunnels!"
[/FONT]

Deschain

No, I use leather armor too, it is the highest proficiency I can have.

Jay

Jay

Tanks should wear chain or better imo! Leather = ROUGE

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Actually, Ezekiel "wears" hide armor. Wardens get their CON bonus added to their AC when wearing Light Armor or No Armor, so wearing Hide takes my AC from 13 (10 + CON) to 16.

I'd love for it to be higher, but that +3 negates any real reason to wear heavier armor.

Hide - 16 AC (13 + 3), -1 to certain checks
Chainmail - 16 AC (10 + 6), Speed -1, Reflex -2, -1 to certain checks
Scale - 17 AC (10 + 7), Speed -1, Reflex -2
Plate - 18 AC, (10 + 8), Speed -1, Reflex -2, -2 to certain checks

Chainmail would be the worst decision I could make. Scale would require 2 feats to obtain, and is only +1 to AC, and I lose Speed/Reflex (which RP-wise makes perfect sense, cuz he's a huge-ass golem). Plate would require 3 feats, would only give me +2 AC (which is still nice), but I take a -2 to the ONLY CHECKS I'M GOOD AT.

So hide seems best right now.

And this has been Min/Maxing with DoomDragon.

Gusto

Gusto

Man both of my characters are clothies so movement/check penalties never really apply.

Jay

Jay

....lout!

Jay

Jay

Are we Thursday yet?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you mean is the game on, yeah.

Gusto

Gusto

Bitches gonna get punched, y'heard.

Jay

Jay

What will Simkin drop on the goblin next session? Will it be :

A) A bucket of water? Goblin be stinkin' yo!
B) A bucket of oatmeal? Goblin be malnurished, yo!
c) A bucket of oil? Where be that torch again?
d) A Drow. We must continue tradition after all.

Gusto

Gusto

Haters gonna hate.

Jay

Jay

hey, so who's gonna draw this group?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I'll take that challenge.

I propose a team name.

Gusto

Gusto

I propose I change my name from Girl to Tits.

Shawn

Shawn

I approve of the picture and labels.

Jay

Jay

What the shit

Deschain

Also, I have another exam, so Twitch will be filling in yet again.

Attachments

Jay

Jay

Simkin will assure 100% protection from any misfortunates to whomever will make a picture of the group.

Shawn

Shawn

Been doing some reading, Deschain. Not sure if you've been using some of your powers when you throw the sword, but remember that many of them have the melee key word and can't be used as a ranged attack. There are however some sword mage abilities that involve throwing your sword.

Deschain

Never. All of them are basic ranged attacks.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Lulz.. I'm so useless. I fail the Endurance check, fail the strength checks, barely do any damage.. *laffs*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hey, I didn't even succeed in any hits, and no one needed healing.

Gusto

Gusto

If the session was wrapping up anyway and Julie's server was lost and I can't speak, then I'm going to bed. :)

For the record, I vote magistrate but wanna make sure the slaves are gonna be safe. I just couldn't voice my opinion because I couldn't use my voice.

Night homies.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Our power went out. It's back now, but no idea what will happen.

Jay

Jay

The session played well enough but it could truly use some subtle improvements as overall I feel that the game drags on especially in combat and the general direction on what the players could do. I'm probably going to beat a dead horse with the following comment but geez, in combat can people kindly keep track when their turns are and actually prepare ahead of time at least a pair of strategies on what they want to do so they don't start any more turns with.... UMMM.... ERRRRR.... MMMMMM.... along with other Yoda-like sounds? Any more turns that start like that and I might go mad. Honestly, I start to fade out when other people start their turns like that to me. Why does combat have to be so slow? Can we impose a time limit? AKA : Your turn committed in 10 seconds, if you don't commit to an action, we can skip you? I know it's kinda of a douche thing to say but seriously, what needs to be done so that people know what to do ahead of time? Perhaps we can agree upon a combat turn format like Shawn suggested like week. A helpful idea would would be perhaps having the players check their CS before the game and reacquaint themselves to the various abilities of their character. You start your turn, you state what you want, or ask your questions, right off the bat. When you're done, say done. IMHO, it would be awesome if NPCs can hit PCs who haven't commited to an action in 10 seconds as an immediate interrupt. :) Combat DOESN'T have to be long and cumbersome! You're making it so by playing unprepared!!!!

Other than that, I found the drow encounter very interesting. I enjoy subtle puzzles and I appreciated the columns, for RP purposes as well as for combar purpose for stealthy Simkin. Highlight of the night was "the escape", where the Simkin was torn between saving his life or saving the elves. He pondered twice on that... then realized perhaps there would be rewards for him and he quickly and expertly if I may add, unlocked the chains to be the hero of the day. Great touch from Shawn with the song and I had to sing.... cause goddamnit, it's SIMKIN'S SONG.

I also enjoyed the improvements on your DMing on the 4th Julie, keep it up. And I hope you take my suggestions at heart.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Jay, we're all getting used to our new characters, and Julie is getting settled into her DM chair. No one else complains about the combat time, yet you do it about once every 3 sessions.

Thing is, Jay? We have fun. If it is truly such a plodding chore for you, stop playing. I don't like feeling pressured to take a turn, and neither does anyone else. Let us go at whatever pace we want. Yes, we should probably have turns ready. But shit fucking changes, especially when someone else's turn or the enemies' turns completely change your strategy. It's really easy to have your turn prepared when all you're doing is hiding behind a column.

Please stop making these posts.

Shawn

Shawn

I think Jay has a right to voice his opinion. I think the combat sequences could use a bit more organization on the players part, but I also know that Doom is also correct about everyone just being new to these characters. Just as with my game the combat will get more and more fluid as we go, but it's still important to stress that people get used to planning out their turns before their turn comes up. For instance I made it a point to start planning my turn the moment the monsters made their moves. Sure the layout might change by the time it's my turn again, but even then I have an idea what I'd like to do, and just need to find a different target or location to do it to.

Jay

Jay

Doom, that's simply not an attitude that will bring any solutions to the table. Are we not allowed to provide feedback?

Why don't people open up their character sheet a few minutes before the game starts and reacquaint themselves to their character? It's not hard to do. Plan your turns, you don't need to be Sun Tzu to do that, make it a point to plan alternatives beforehand, remember who plays their turn before you. There's no rush if people know what they want to do when their name comes up! To me this is the equivalent of waiting in line at Subways and after a long wait, it's your turn and you stare at the girl over the counter and you try to remember if you're hungry or not, if you feel like eating a steak n cheese or chicken teriyaki. I firmly believe if the players are immersed in taking their turns with vigor that the DM will feel fueled that their work has interested her player group, the slowness... sucks the action dry. I doubt I'm the only who feels this. If I am, WTF.

And despite your misinformed understanding of my character, there was more to my strategy than hiding behind a column, more often than not other player choices limited my character's choices and I roleplaying my characters decisions in a timely fashion and don't make me judge yours, this doesn't lead ANYWHERE.

Like I stated before :

I also enjoyed the improvements on your DMing on the 4th Julie, keep it up. And I hope you take my suggestions at heart.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I was actually thinking Jay was just dicking around with the column; I was genuinely surprised when it turned out to actually be something.

I had an "um" moment because my turn got interrupted by a certain short person not being done :p. Otherwise--bear forward, Watcher's strike, miss... Every roll of mine sucked last night, and the only one that was close to not sucking DID suck because I chose not to flank with Kara.

I think the review of the character sheet is fine and we should be planning out what we're going to do, and knowing whose turn is before ours. I also think Doom has a point that these are new characters and some probably haven't even gotten to do all their kinds of abilities yet. Not to mention, Twitch was playing a character that had just been thrown onto him. I think everyone should try to do better with it next combat, but also accept that we need to have patience while we're getting off the ground.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Here's generally how a round goes for me:

Me: Alright, I'm last.. Well, she's behind a protective force field.. And the others haven't attacked, and my character isn't really one to attack someone who hasn't attacked him.. -waits-
-enemies move-
-my turn comes-
Me: Oh! They did stuff-- okay, two of them are now in my range.. Which is most beneficial to attack? That one I can do this... That one I can do this... Hmm, gah. Alright, I'll use this, then move here, then attack. I guess that works--- yeah. *voices this*
-round starts over-
Me: Well, if nothing changes, I guess I'll attack that person.
-wait wait wait-
Gets a text message: Bryan there's porn spam on our con forums frequented by kids. You need to take care of it.
Me: Gahh, dammit. -goes through the motions of removing various spam, trying to listen as he goes-
DM: And she raises her hands [something I don't catch] Ezekiel.
Me: Shit, what? Did I get attacked?
Whoever: It's your turn. Pay attention.
Me: Gah. Guess I'll attack this person. -miss-
Me: -plans for next turn, with at least one alternative-
-BOTH situations change-
Me: FUCK. -tries to think of what to do-

Etc.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

*reads the entries and takes a deep breath* IT'S LADY GAGA TIME.

*sings* Just daaance, gonna be ok! Da da doo dootn', just dance! *poses, looks around, clears her throat* Well, I feel better.

Ok, first off, let me just say that I am eternally grateful for any and all feedback for my games. Shawn spoke to me on the phone last night and suggested that when the end of the session got slow I move ya'll along. I'll admit I was overly amused at the experiments and liked watching you play with the man hole, however I was also tired at the same time and I was thinking about just ending it there before the power lines decided for me. (Yay strong winds.) In any case, I took his suggestion and will work on it. Also, I did take Jay's suggestion into consideration as well. All of my players are welcome to express their thoughts and feelings on the game, always. I can appreciate why Doom got a little hot under the collar as he may have felt a little zeroed in on by the "ah, um" comments. Now, I'm not saying that the reaction was the best thing to do, and was slightly antagonistic, but as a sometimes hot blooded person myself, I can put myself in Doom's shoes and see where the anger came from. However, Jay did not aim his comments at any one person and he meant to express his concerns in a way that would get itself across in no uncertain terms. I know this is a tried and true argument that we have heard from Jay more than once in the past, but his argument still holds water in places, so let's try to keep perspective and not take things personally.

Anywho. Before the drama llama struck, I did want to say I love you all, and I love you for being so great with me as you are. I spoke with Darryl and I know a couple of the mistakes I made and I'm fixing them. I also didn't mean to break down into the "But how are you feeeeeeeeeeling?" bit either. I just thought I might have been shoving you too quickly and you might want a minute to digest, but I was pleasantly surprised in the end to see that you seem to be just fine with the pace. Also, when I mentioned Call of Cthulhu, I just meant I was inspired by the storytelling aspects and some themes, not that this was going to in any way be a CoC game. It's very much D and D. I did not mean to come across as if I was telling you what to do with your characters either. Please, develop them naturally. That's the best and only way anyone is going to have fun. I love this group and enjoy watching them grow. I think everyone, with the exception of Deschain, because of his scheduling issues, have been sharing the "screen time" with each other seamlessly. Everything flows like liquid diamonds. Really fabulous stuff.

To conclude, thank you for your input, I understand your concerns and am working on incorporating what is told to me, and I look forward to watching us grow together as players, DM, and a story as a whole. Kisses, everyone. And j-j-j-just dance! =3

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

>_>

<_<

*dance*

Jay

Jay

2 more dodos until moar Goblin squashin'!

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

*bounce bounce* I's essited for teh game.

This week has been far too long.

Kinda realized Shawn was right and I'm gonna make Ezekiel talk/act more. He'll still probably be all stiff with his words still. 'til that whole "becoming mentally competent" thing shows up. Then he'll probably be snarky.

Gusto

Gusto

My parents being on vacation this week means I don't need to go voice free at 10pm EST.

:)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Which means we should make tonight a 6 HOUR EXTRAVAGANZA!

FUCK WORK! :D

Edit: My avatar is still wearing its damn santa hat.

Jay

Jay

Kinda realized Shawn was right and I'm gonna make Ezekiel talk/act more. He'll still probably be all stiff with his words still. 'til that whole "becoming mentally competent" thing shows up. Then he'll probably be snarky.
This could be like... RPed or something. And Kudos on this! I agree.

My parents being on vacation this week means I don't need to go voice free at 10pm EST.

:)
Excellent. Whenever you stop talking it reminds me that my evening of thievery is coming to an end. :(

Eeveryone make sure to have coffee ready, we're pulling an all-nighter!!!

Gusto

Gusto

I'd actually be down for that. :O

Just so I can be clear though, Jay, is it your intent to rob from the party? Cuz I can see that getting old reeeeal fast.

OOC, go ahead and rob NPCs all you want. I might not like it IC but you'd go to lengths to make sure I never find out. :)

Jay

Jay

IC : Simkin is being played as chaotic neutral and thus Simkin currently intends to take advantage of this party's "oversights" and as the uncommitted freebooter in this group... he will seek nothing more than self-gratification. This doesn't mean it will be like this for the long run of things, it's simply the way it is right now. Perhaps you'll gain his loyalty in some way? He'll keep his word if it'll serves his interests (a note for all, including the GM). Simkin is an individualist first and last. So expect Simkin to be:

- Unreliable
- Greedy
- Unpredictable
- Self-centered
- Selfish

But he's also able for great things.. and with great music selection, may even SING for the party. Thus for now... what gems?

OOC : Yep those gems are gone or haven't been seen. Ask the GM on how she wants to run it. It won't always be this way, trust me. I promise not to be a dick about things nor a dick to other players about my character's alignment. I feel that a little bit of every flavor makes a party great and thus, I go from a good 2 shoes cleric to a languid and unpredictable thief. Expect a little fat to be skimmed off the top of the profit column. Good times. :D

Gusto

Gusto

Alright that's cool. The gems are in my inventory but I don't know why. I humbly offer them to the party, probably Arku, as Kara most likely sees him as the leader at this point.

Jay

Jay

No one leads Simkin except for his whim!

Shawn

Shawn

I can go later. But the east coast folks may still need to call it a night early.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

We don't actually need a DM to play, right? :p

PS: This is going to be yet the second time I've gone off on Jay and then apologized, but whatever-- I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for what I said, Jay. Sorry for bein' a dick.

Jay

Jay

:thumb:

Never took it personal. Let's rock.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Finding this little girl is metal \m/

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Well that was fun. :D

New Power:

Eyes of the Hawk - Enc/5 minutes : Make a perception check with a bonus of +10. (For a total of +11 for me.)

New Feat:

Improvised Missile

I can now throw improvised melee weapons as improvised ranged weapons, and I use Str instead of Dex to make basic ranged attacks. I also get a +2 ATK +2 DMG to the rolls.

Before:
I pick up something and throw it - [d20 ATK / 1d4 DMG]

Now:
I pick something up and throw it - [d20+7 ATK / 1d8+7 DMG]

So expect a lot of hurling shit in the future. :twisted:

---------

A neat part of Improvised Missile is that it's basically useless once I get the GiantKind Gloves, as it basically does the above, but better. So once I get those, I can retrain the feat for something else.

Gusto

Gusto

New Feat: Weapon Expertise (unarmed). Gives me a simple +1 to all unarmed attacks, bringing me to +9 at level 2.

New Utility: Agile Recovery. At-Will Minor. You stand up.

Jay

Jay

New Feat: Weapon Expertise (Light Blade) +11 attacks
New Utility: Tumble - Encounter Move Action (You shift a number of squares equivalent to half your speed) (3)

Maybe think about it some more.

Deschain

I guess I can teleport more now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I took Toughness for a Feat because I'm lame and wanted more HP.

My utility is a daily which can create a burst 5 area--any allies within it get +1 to attack rolls.

This is an unexpectedly gruesome campaign.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Julie: How do you feeeel?

Ezekiel: I don't.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I edited 40 minutes of silence from the second campaign, but honestly, the editing is just too time-consuming to keep doing. I converted them to mp3, there's silences... whatever.

Right now my problem is that Megaupload doesn't want to accept them. Maybe they'll work later.

There we go!

Episode 2: The Secret Underground

After watching the tentacle creature slide away into the sewer grate, the rag-tag group of competent people make their way toward the elevator, looking to get higher in Amaranth's tiers and find help. Refugees flood the streets, panicking like a pile of chickens, and the elevator has some trouble making its way up--instead it hurtles downward, into a dark hallway, some tier. Nikto, the only local in the group, notes that there's no such thing as an underground tier in this city. A number of citizens walk entranced into the darkness. What will the group find when they follow?

Episode 3: In the Mouth of Madness

The group finds a crossroads and hears a woman's crying. They follow, only to discover deceit and treachery... and drow! Niena stands in a circle of power, surrounded by priestesses and eye-gouged slaves. The group prepares for battle, but Simkin discovers something oddly fleshy within the room's columns.

And Megaupload is crapping out again. I'll upload the fourth session tomorrow.

Gusto

Gusto

Hey Julie, if you have a minute, would you mind making an Adventure Summary for your game?

Jay

Jay

Thanks for the uploads.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Hey Julie, if you have a minute, would you mind making an Adventure Summary for your game?
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Gusto

Gusto

Just FYI, there is now a limited selection of magical ki focuses available on Character Builder.

:O :awesome:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I meant to upload the last session this weekend, but it slipped my mind until tonight. Because it was so long, I did do some editing out of silence, and managed to cut it down from 5 hours to 4 (an hour of silence cut!) I also cut two of those weird audio glitches that hurt our ears, but I have a feeling there were more.

However, it's gotta extract and I don't feel like waiting after that to upload it, so I will do it when I get home from work tomorrow.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

It feels like much longer than 2 weeks since we've played Julie's game.

Lookin' forward to it.

Gusto

Gusto

Yes I too am excited.

If I recall correctly, we had just defeated the demon octopus and the guy who was dragging the little girl. I believe the drow lady got away but now we suspect the girl is not who her "father" says she is? Kara had just succeeded in a Diplomacy check to get the girl to trust her, I remember that.

Jay

Jay

Simkin proceeds to rob you of your life.

:hmmm:

Gusto

Gusto

:Leyla:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It feels like much longer than 2 weeks since we've played Julie's game.

Lookin' forward to it.
Because it has been more than two. Julie Game 2 --1 week passes-- Shawn Game 1 -- 2nd week passes --- Shawn Game 2 --- 3rd week passes -- Julie Game 1.

Episode 4: The Missing Girl

Escaping near digestive death, the survivors of the Amaranth's first tier find themselves in higher places, and with better people. One of the city's council members is searching for his daughter, and is desperate enough to hire the nearest group of maybe able-bodied people to help him find her. But there is panic in the streets and dark forces make their way toward innocents.

(On a side-note, it really WAS Simkin stealing life away. I got a headache from staring at the audio editor for two hours, one bad enough that I had it when I woke up for work this morning. Yay!)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

You don't have to keep editing out the silence, you know. =P If it's robbing you of your soul, we're fine without. =P

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I had a thought that made me realize why I keep asking for Athletics when something is pretty much a straight strength check--

You don't do that with any other ability score as far as I know.

I've never seen a Dexterity check, which will almost always translate out to Thievery, possibly Acrobatics.

A Constitution check would just be an Endurance check.

I've done a straight Intelligence check maybe twice, three times at the most, to see if my character was smart enough to know something that would happen as a result of my actions. (Basically gaining DM insight.) But really, most of that can always be settled with Dungeoneering, Nature, etc.

Charisma pretty much boils down to diplomacy, from smiles to dates to treaties. (I once made a CHA check to see if some Wilden ladies liked my Minotaur.)

Wisdom---- nobody ever makes a straight wisdom.

Is that all of them?

Well anyway, I was curious to see what others thought. Strength checks obviously come up the most, and seeing as it CANNOT be boosted except by 1 every 4 levels, you can see why I'm a bit biased to want to use Athletics in place of strength checks.

I'm not asking that we do, mind you-- I agree Strength and Athletics are different, but just wanted to see others' opinions.

Jay

Jay

I appreciate your work Heath, these audios are awesome.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh, I don't make it a necessity. Had I edited this last one as well as the first one, it would've been even shorter, but I made sure to only be editing out silences over 3 seconds (some were in excessive of 10 seconds during combat, and there were one or two that were actual minutes of silence).

Mainly I decided to do this one because it was so long and in accordance with Julie's need for sleep, we're probably never going to have one that long again. I had no problem letting the 3-and-a-half hour go with its silences. Mainly I will just edit the beginnings and endings to actually be the start and stop of the session, and any huge gaps I may see.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm not sure whether I've already asked this, but Julie, when Player's Handbook 3 is released on Character Builder sometime in April, will I be allowed to rebuild my character a bit? So far Kara's based entirely off the preview material for monks, and there's very little of that available.

I just went through a couple preview articles and some feat selections look pretty cool. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Don't forget I gots a tattoo on mah face.

Seems important.

At least Julie thought so. :D

Gusto

Gusto

It is, but saving the children comes first.

I barely KNOW you.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Oh come on.

We've been through a lot together.

Remember that time we punched a giant octopus monster together?

And that time we punched dark drow together?

And that time we punched guards together?

Gusto

Gusto

Know what's awesome?

Punchin'.

Jay

Jay

Lyin' cheatin' and stealin'?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I'm not sure whether I've already asked this, but Julie, when Player's Handbook 3 is released on Character Builder sometime in April, will I be allowed to rebuild my character a bit? So far Kara's based entirely off the preview material for monks, and there's very little of that available.

I just went through a couple preview articles and some feat selections look pretty cool. :)
No problem.

Gusto

Gusto

Thanks hun. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Paging Gaspario.

Donde esta Gaspario.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That was fun. I'm surprised we were getting to the exit so quickly after the tentacle battle.

...Then it came to my attention, after Ezekiel pushed the thing and my bear did its protection against opportunity attacks, we could've all just run to the shaft and suffered minimal damage.
-_-
We gotta start thinking outside the box.

Anyway, I'll have the audio uploaded sometime this weekend.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

But then there's a tentacle monster on the loose.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah that fight took about 30 seconds in-game. We saved all the people, defeated the monster (for the time being, at least) and it only cost us a little time.

In-character, Kara would not ave run for the tunnel if the guards or especially the civilians were in danger.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, they could've come with us.

And I don't think it's a matter of the city's safety--Amaranth seems kind of screwed. There are probably such tentacle monsters everywhere.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah it's one thing to realize that you can't save everyone in the city but it's another to not try to save everyone in your immediate vicinity.

Kara will most definitely weep for the fallen once this is all over but feel no personal guilt for the loss of any life (other than the slave she mercy-killed. :().

Gusto

Gusto

Julie, weird question. I've read a .pdf of the Player's Handbook 3 monk stuff, and I'm fairly certain that I'm gonna keep the same general monk build that I have currently, but probably change a feat or two.

However, I would like to retrain my daily. Given that I've already used my daily power for "today", would you be willing to let me retroactively retrain my daily when we hit level 2?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I can't answer for Julie and she's probably not going to see this right away, but I would think if you used it already, you could change it so long as it counted that you used it. Unless you used it before we hit level 2. That's kind of cheating, in a way, but technically you hadn't used it.

Gusto

Gusto

Well I used Whirling Mantis Step during the fight with the giant demon octopus. After that fight, we hit level 2, at which point I would be allowed to retrain the power to Masterful Spiral. It doesn't give me the ability to use another daily power again today, obviously, but I figure since I could've retrained it "mid-day" anyway, and it's not like I can even use it anymore "today", that it shouldn't be a problem, especially since she said I could rebuild my monk whenever PH3 became available anyways.

But it's up to Jules.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I apologize profusely, everyone, but I won't be able to run the game today. I'm feeling just miserably ill and don't think it would be fair to everyone to run it in the state I'm in. Game is still on for next week. Thank you for your understanding.

Gusto

Gusto

Jeez, get better. :(

...Anyone up for zombie killin'?

Jay

Jay

Cack! Godddaaaamned Cack!

L4D2? Sure.... no versus for me though.... or impromptu Jay game? :sneaky:

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Don't suppose it's an April Fool's joke. =\

Well that's my day. :D

Shawn

Shawn

Get better, Julie!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Julie will be fine; I think she's just beat from this week and work stuff. I saw you called, Shawn, but I don't answer her phone; she'll see in the morning.

Gusto

Gusto

We called you because we needed a fourth for zombie shootin'.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh damn :/. I haven't played L4D2 in so long, that would've been fun. Though I need to get a new fan for my laptop... Still. Crap.

I thought it was for Julie (which made sense) and didn't wanna wake her. But zombies! I wonder if my usual loudness would've disturbed her. Guess we'll never know...

Gusto

Gusto

:( Man tonight was such a bust.

Sigh...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tell me about it. You assholes were gonna be my entertainment! Now I'm stuck at home and can't figure out how mom and dad's OnDemand works! *grumble grumble*

Shawn

Shawn

Next time I'll leave a text I guess.

Gusto

Gusto

PH3 is now in the Character Builder. I will be rebuilding Kara a bit although most of her build will remain the same.

Gusto

Gusto

Okay so I have replaced the following:

POWER: Whirling Mantis Step -> Masterful Spiral
FEAT: Toughness -> Unarmored Agility
FEAT: Weapon Expertise (unarmed) -> Spring Step

MASTERFUL SPIRAL
Daily-Standard-Close Burst 2, each enemy in burst

Dex vs. Reflex
Hit:
3d8+Dex force damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: You assume the spiral stance. Until the stance ends, your reach with melee attacks increases by 1.
(I'll have reach 2 until the end of the encounter! :D)

Unarmored Agility:
You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing cloth or no armor.

Spring Step:
You can shift 1 square as a free action when you stand up.
(And my level 2 at-will utility lets me stand as a minor action. :))

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Monks are totally overpowered. :|

Gusto

Gusto

It all kinda balances out wen you realize I'm level 2, have 25 hp and 6 healing surges, wear no armor, and constantly try to surround myself with enemies. :)

In one of my Tuesday night games, my cleric regularly dumps 3/4 of the healing available to him on the party monk every single encounter.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Episode 5: Help Wanted

Realizing they've been bamboozled, the group restrains the councilman and Kara takes the small girl into her care. Guardians of the city knights arrive, telling of an elevator on a higher tier that will take them straight to the top mansion of the city's magister. Hoping to get to the bottom of things (at the top of the city), the group follows to the lift's location, within the safety of the guardhouse...

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Ok, experience for the last two sessions comes to 750 exp. Doom, let me know whether or not you want to take the bonus exp boost for saving the extraneous character. If you don't then I'll work with you to get you some kind of trinket...or something. Just let me know.

Jay

Jay

If at all possible, for future uploads can it be possible NOT to use MegaUpload? This download is estimated at 2 hours and 27 minutes. Sweet Jesus. :)

FileFront please!

Gusto

Gusto

Someone confirm please: Are we currently at 1950 experience? Or did I somehow count a session twice?

Jay

Jay

Gusto

Gusto

Excellent, thank you.

We haven't even slept and we're gonna be level 3 soon.

Encounter #7 coming up! :Leyla:

Jay

Jay

Technically we're still on 6. There was no combat involved in the egg/child room.

Gusto

Gusto

1: Fought guards at the front gate.
2: Fought the web-dragon and the slaves underground.
3: Fought the drow ladies underground.
4. Fought the cultists and the demon octopus in the courtyard.
5. Fought the tentacles in the guardhouse.
6. Fought the baby-faced scorpion monster.

Going on 7. :)

Jay

Jay

Oh, well damn.

Gusto

Gusto

Yea! And I believe Simkin used his daily on number 1.

It has been a hell of a day.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hey, so long as it's free, that's fine with me. I'll do Filefront for uploading session 6.

The craziness we've been put through in a single day is just awesome. I love how tense that makes it with them.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Episode 6: Enter the Magister's Mansion

Having escaped Simkin's debtor, who left on his way to certain death, the group rides the lift. Riding up a cylindrical ascending passageway without innuendos, the group arrives at the magister's mansion through an underground entrance. Hollowed within (and accidentally omitted from recording due to lateness) was a huge city hidden beneath the city of Amaranth, its purpose unknown. Entering the mansion now are the Simkin, thieving halfling, Nikto, experimental goblin, Arku, the cowardly goliath, Ezekiel, the submissive golem, Reynard, the quiet swordmage, and Kara, the innocent monk. With them are two guards, helping to escort the magister's daughter, Seriel, and in tow is Sir Kiernan, who tried to kidnapped Seriel for some unknown reason.

Note: Session is noted for sadness and gruesomeness.

I apologize again for not starting the recording until 7:45, although we only missed about 30 minutes of game since we had been recapping/fooling around until quarter after anyway. Also, this one hosted by Filefront.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Ok, experience for the last two sessions comes to 750 exp. Doom, let me know whether or not you want to take the bonus exp boost for saving the extraneous character. If you don't then I'll work with you to get you some kind of trinket...or something. Just let me know.
I'd hate to level up before other people, even if it is just for like one session or two.

I'll let you decide. :D If you did go the trinket route, it would make sense for one of them to be like, "You saved him, take this!"

Wee! I did a good deed!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just a note, doom: Julie doesn't do decision-making. So you two are just going to bounce this back and forth like a tennis ball until she gets angry with you and smites your character. I'd choose something if I were you.

Gusto

Gusto

I'd go for the trinket. Having differing levels of experience just gets messy after a while.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If my character ever did the unlikely thing of something heroic, I would take the experience, but that's me. Your character might benefit more from another item.

Julie also gives awards for ingenuity though, so... I'm out of luck there too.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Eh, then trinket please. ^-^;

Gusto

Gusto

Doom, I thought you might be interested to know that I'm rolling a Warden for a new game that will replace one of my Tuesday night games, and holy shit, are they ever complicated.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Yes, they very much are. Playing Ezekiel is a constant game of knowing I forgot something important.

Gusto

Gusto

Bitches don't know about Julie's game.

I'm looking forward to our 7th encounter of the day and hitting level 3. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Mkay, so school has ended for me and I can barely keep track of what day it is much less what time it is.

So if I am not there, Gusto should shout a loud as he can, and the Canada Winds will carry his voice to my home in Alabama.

I was gonna say call me, but Shawn has my number and he said he wouldn't be there..

Y'know what, jus' fuck it, I'll be there. ;)

Jay

Jay

SIIIIIIMMMMKIIIIIN'S BACK!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Last game before my trip; looking forward to tomorrow night :).

Gusto

Gusto

Also now I have a bit more insight into the ultra-fucking-complexity of playing a Warden, so I hope you guys forgive me if I wanna backseat-play Ezekiel a bit.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

You mean telling me what I should do, or more paying attention to what you would do? =P

Gusto

Gusto

Making sure you remember to do stuff you should probably do.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Sorta like how Grendmir kept forgetting to mark guys for the first 4 levels of Shawn's game.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wow... just... wow.

Not uploading now not only due to going away with no time to edit, but I have no time to upload. Leaving for a trip in the morning. Tuesday, I promise.

Jay

Jay

Great game tonight. Good stuff.

Sorry for the loss Darryl.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Well, that was a very interesting session.

What the fuck is going on in this town that there are mind flayers, kruthiks IN A MANSION, and a GIGANTIC TROLL... IN A MANSION!

Welp, this is likely Ezekiel's end too. He isn't leaving without Arku, since he can probably get him ressurected.

So, a few options:

Zeke dies, and Arku is dead, and nobody does anything about it.

Zeke gets Arku's body, ressurects him, and we continue.

Zeke gets Arku's body, goes off from the party to ressurect him, and nobody ever sees them again as Darryl and I make new characters.

Zeke leaves Arku, and continues as a golem without a master.

I already have a Wizard I wanna play ready, so I might not mind a new character too much. But I do love throwing heavy shit at things. Like Nikto at the woman or the kruthik at the troll's face. Which I loved.

Jay

Jay

Simkin can always use a slave.

Deschain

Zeke dies, and Arku is dead, and nobody does anything about it.
Do be aware one hit will knock you dead. Also you forgot option 5, you get infected and we have to burn everything.

....when the only person you can trust is the Simkin, odds are grim indeed.

Gusto

Gusto

Keep in mind that, Esc and Doom, that if you reroll, we'll still need someone to fill our party's Defender and Leader roles.

Jay

Jay

Best turn of the night imo.

Simkin opens the door, sees a bunch of giant insects, "dreadfully sorry, wrong room", closes door.

God it's good to be The Simkin.

Chaotic neutral FTW.

btw goodies would be welcomed ^.^

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Well we already have a leader (Nikto), and I don't feel like I actually did much as a defender. Where a Fighter is like "You're marked, and if you do ANYTHING that isn't attack me, you gonna get hit!" whereas a Warden is like, "Ha! You're marked now! Oh-- wait, no.. Don't... Don't move away please! Come back! I can't hit you from here. ;_;.

Edit: But I do like Zeke. Sigh, choices. Maybe with Shawn back next time he could heal me and I make off with Arku's body. :D

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! God that was great.

>_> ... <_< Not evil. Really.

So, everyone is level 3 with a grand total of 2,500 exp. Doom, if you decide to kill Zeke, your new character will start off with your reward trinket already in his/her possession. Otherwise I will have Zeke "find" a trinket in one of the mansion's nooks and crannies.

*remembers Darryl's face last night and tries not to burst into sadistic laughter* I still can't believe he fell for not one, but TWO of the oldest tricks in the book. XD I'm marrying a dope.

Jay

Jay

I always appreciate DMs who don't make things always so easy for their players. I like the threat of dying, players going down and to strategically play their turns. It makes you think ahead of time and makes you work better as a team.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Hmm.. I really can't decide.

I like playing Zeke cus being the PUNCH IT AND BREAK IT character is fun, and a dead master would allow him to be "free" and I could be a little more adventurous with him and give him more of a personality. And then, of course, he is searching for his purpose in life and perhaps information on his old master and his old purpose.

..... But I'm also suffering from Adia syndrome. "I attack AC and miss. Wee. Next turn."

Blahhh, what to do..

I guessss.. Hm.. I guess I will try to keep Zeke alive.

I will either epicly try to save Arku's body out of a sense of debt and to at least bury him (or if Darryl wants to keep playing him, revive him), or Arku's hold on Ezekiel will be broken and he will become "free."

I dunno. Chu guys think?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I always appreciate DMs who don't make things always so easy for their players. I like the threat of dying, players going down and to strategically play their turns. It makes you think ahead of time and makes you work better as a team.
I'm glad you approve of such styles. Darryl says that my campaign feels a little like Left 4 Dead in that you have to work together to survive and you can't just go in, guns a'blazin' at every turn. He says you have to play smart. Oh the irony, coming from him. อ_อ *lol* He's gonna kill me so bad when he gets back from NY...

I dunno. Chu guys think?
Well, Doom honey, I think that you have to go with what will make you happiest. An believe me, I mean that sincerely. I know that the fact that Zeke sometimes can be a soulless stick makes for difficult rp, but I know that you get in some seriously fun one-liners with this dead-pan, straight-faced, robot-like construct. You seem to enjoy those moments, which is good. However, the Adia syndrome can (and will) eventually corrode your very being, making for very frustrating combat if you don't always have the ability to "improvise" weapons. (Of course, even then you're still hitting AC.) I try to throw things in, but sometimes it just isn't feasible in certain situations in the campaign.

In the end, this all rests on what you feel will be worthwhile and enjoyable. I have a horrible time making decisions for myself, so I can't give you super special awesome advice. ... I'm a waffler. Waffle waffle waffle.

Whatever you do, though, I support you.

Jay

Jay

I surprisingly have stayed in character with Simkin, I love roleplaying him and seeing how things pan out every game session. I never knew this could be so fun. It meshes so well in your campaign. Simkin is about survival first, after all!

As far as Doom goes, I agree with Julie. You need to have a character that has a bit of variety or you'll get bored. You cannot be a one-trick pony in 4e. I'm surprised you don't have attacks that do more than attack AC. Simkin attacks AC and Reflex as well as Will at LVL 3, two of them at-wills. I think it's simply how you built your warden or understand their powers in a fashion to maximize their efficiency. Feel free to read this thread : http://community.wizards.com/go/thr...01/A_Rock_and_A_Hard_Place:_A_Warden_Handbook I read it a bit and found a few fixes you could use.

Don't take this the wrong way but if the character is plain to roleplay then do something to spice it up. Come up with a new storyline privately with Julie. I don't know get possessed by Arku's soul. Or by some previous master's soul. While you're at it, go beyond the limitations of your character and get INVOLVED. Rerolling and starting a new character without changing the concepts on how you play will provide the same results other than "OOOH, this ability will make me OWN 4 enemies at once!" then when it's not your turn in combat be as stale as a 3 day old loaf of bread. If you are out of ideas, make Simkin your master. You'll be in for a treat. Let's kill the recaps of battle every end of round. It's like watching a movie for the first time with the director's comments going on the same time.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Welp, after thinking about it I decided that I wanna try to keep Zeke alive. I'm going with the "Arku's hold is broken, and he now finds himself free" angle. Like, he just woke up, finally masterless, but also with no sense of purpose or direction.

This will definitely make him less stoic and make him the snarkier construct in a world full of "silly flesh sacks." He'll still be dumb one who doesn't care for plans and will probably be a bit impatient.

Actually, this sounds fun. Yee!

Now I just have to get Zeke out of that room alive. =[

And Arku has 600 gold on him... Sigh.

Also, I'ma take another look at powers and see if I have anything that isn't against AC. I think I have an encounter power's secondary attack against fortitude. -_-

Gusto

Gusto

IIRC, Nikto is a Controller, not a Leader.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Nikto's an artificer, which is a leader roll.

The only reason I even thought that was because he can heal us.

Anyway, I looked at my other abilities, and out of all my at-wills and encounters, only a few of them (like... 3) hit something other than AC.

2 hit Fortitude, and one hits Reflex. But they're fairly dumb abilities, or at least ones that Zeke wouldn't have. Like, one of them's a lightning bolt or something.

Jay

Jay

Yeah, it's pretty silly to only have vs AC at-wills for a class... it's usually the best form of defense. They could have at least given one non AC form of attack.

Man, I totally want to roll a Barbarian as my next character.

Deschain

I originally was making Reynard to be a good character, but then I realized that would just be a copy of Gaspar. So I decided to make him more unaligned and concerned primary with only two things: survival and sword. Naturally, his personality took a nosedive.

Plus, it's cool to stick your weapon in the ground and have it explode.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Popping in briefly while waiting for people.

I had time to think on the bus ride yesterday and I am rolling a healer, just not sure what yet. Don't have the character builder available to me right now. I will have something before Thursday. We need a healer, for one thing, and two, I already play a defender in Shawn's game, so I'm not doing another.

I think keeping Zeke alive is a good idea 1. get the friggin gold! if you can, and 2. there's a lot more story potential for him now that Arku isn't there. He doesn't owe anyone anything now, and he's masterless. There's potential for him finding himself, or other characters fighting over who gets to be his new master, and him not having Arku's subconscious will to give him hints on what is right and wrong--he now has to find out what that means for himself.

Gusto

Gusto

This is actually probably the best thing tat could have happened for Zeke from a character development viewpoint.

Plus no we get to refer to Arku in the past tense like we sometimes do for Kratash! Classic.

Jay

Jay

What else was on Arku's corpse that was of value that Simkin may have noticed?

:hmmm:

Gusto

Gusto

Goliath-sized pants.

Deschain

I like how some people are still of the belief that we can salvage the gold from Arku's body.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I'm of the belief that 600 gold is a lot and worth a try. =P

I think we can take the troll. *nod nod* Just... have Simkin shoot through the door. It's too small for the troll anyway. :D

Assuming it doesn't smash through it..

Gusto

Gusto

So who's got an awesome new encounter power??

Jay

Jay

Simkin has a Low Slash ability now

Low Slash - Encounter - Minor (Dex vs Reflex ) 1w+5 damage
Hit = Slide opponent one square
Hit = Target is slowed till end of next turn.
Hit = +3 damage if you're flanking.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I have a close burst. Wee.

Gusto

Gusto

I retrained my level 1 encounter into one with less restricting circumstances:

Open the Gate of Battle
Attack Technique
Standard Action - Melee - One creature - Dex vs. Ref

Hit: 2d10 + 4 damage. The target takes 1d10 extra damage if it was at full it points when I hit it with this attack.
Movement Technique:
Move Action - Personal
Effect: You move your speed + 2. During this movement, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity from the first enemy you move away from.

And took this as my level 3 encounter (but might retrain it later when I have more hit points):

Twin Thunders
Attack Technique
Standard Action - Melee - One creature - Dex vs. Fort

Hit: 2d10 + 4 thunder damage, and a single enemy adjacent to the target takes 1d10 thunder damage.
Movement Technique:
Move Action - Personal
Effect: Choose one enemy adjacent to you and move your speed + 2. During this movement, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity from that enemy.

Deschain

I took more powers to let me teleport others into the face of danger.

Jay

Jay

Kara now has twin thunders? :rimshot:

Gusto

Gusto

Now more than ever!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That is a nice level 1 encounter, Gusto.

Here was what Arku had on him so you can judge whether looting his body is worth it:

668 gold (mine and Ezekiel's reward, plus what I had from other stuff)
Leather armor
Spiked gauntlet
Orb (implement)
Adventurer's kit
Inquisitive's kit (containers made of different materials, brushes, mundane dusts, tweezers, picks, probes, magnifying glass, inks and parchment, quills, Arku's journal, also the kit grants a +2 to perception checks when seeking something specific)
Tent

Deschain

Quick question Ezkiel, how do you plan to climb 30 feet with no handholds.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If he gets hit by the troll and doesn't die, he'll make it.

Might be wiser to try throwing the Simkin or Nikto up there, or find some way to bring the body down, like with a grappling hook. Or if anyone can do any kind of teleporting.

Jay

Jay

Simkin's Loot List

1) Arku's GOLD
2) That perception kit
3) Goliath teeth, I hear they go for a pretty penny in those alchy stores, right Julie? :sneaky:

Deschain

Seeing how if he can find a way up there, he's going to be terribly exposed for a number of rounds and that troll almost never misses, plus deals something like 20-30 damage, in addition to knocking him off....does he even have climbing gear?
Or if anyone can do any kind of teleporting.
I can teleport 25 feet, but its safe to say I'm not setting foot in that room again.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The troll can throw someone up there, but I don't know if the troll can reach up there besides its fingers. Once up there, Ezekiel's real concern would be the parasite still inside Arku, and getting away.

The troll crits for 18, the danger is that it can hit multiple targets.

Deschain

Well, I wish him luck. He can't wear my mask though :<

Gusto

Gusto

Kara would not risk her life nor the lives of others for the sake of material gain.

If leaving the room meant the troll can't pursue us, then she's not going back in unless everyone ELSE goes back in. If the troll busts down a wall to follow us and we ave to kill it anyway, then she'll attempt to recover Arku's corpse in order to "give it a proper burial" ie. get his stuff. :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh, I didn't think about it busting down walls. Until now, it's had something in the room to distract it.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh, I didn't think about it busting down walls. Until now, it's had something in the room to distract it.
And we've done enough damage to make it angry. :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Any reason why you can't just set the room on fire and wait until the troll dies and your friends corpse is burnt up to retrieve the gold?

Gusto

Gusto

Any reason why you can't just set the room on fire and wait until the troll dies and your friends corpse is burnt up to retrieve the gold?
Time, mostly.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

We could just open the doors and shoot the damn thing. Doors are too small for it.

Jay

Jay

Mmmm.... Simkin was already on that!

Lead by Example : 50 Great Ways Good Leaders Inspire Results by The Simkin

1. Survive : If you tends to survive and others don't, others will want to survive like you do.
2. Honor = Goner
3. Dark corners are your friends.
4. Shooting at things while they can't see you only makes them more mad, at those they can see quite well.
5. You shall lie to promote your freedom.

.... buy the book for more!

Shawn

Shawn

I'm back from San Diego. There a recording of the last session up yet?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Not sure.

But Arku died and Zeke is free.

Assuming he runs.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just finished editing, uploading now. I shaved almost an hour of silence off :).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Episode 7: Death From Above

No description or anything; I'm late for bed. Enjoy listening.

Gusto

Gusto

Macros written/rewritten!

GOOD TO GOOOOO

Deschain

University decided to hold Biochemistry final tonight, will not be able to make it. Darryl, if you're bored, you can play my character instead. There's really only two guidelines (1) don't lose the sword (2) don't die.

Attachments

Gusto

Gusto

Oh yeah here's my level 3.

Attachments

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Surrrre, I can play Deschain in combat until my new character comes up tonight.

Gusto

Gusto

New character!?

Surprises!?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, let's leave it a surprise so you guys aren't sure when he's going to show up, otherwise it'll be "Kara/Simkin/whoever looks around the room, do I see a insert race?"

Shawn

Shawn

Level 3? Should I level Nikto?

Gusto

Gusto

Yes.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Gusto said:
I mean, presumably.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, the rest of us are level 3. I'm pretty sure she meant everyone :p.

Jay

Jay

Nikto doesn't deserve LVL 3, IMO. Being "unconscious" and all from last session. Simkin blames him for Arku's death. His dearest of friends.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yes, you loved his gold so much... I mean him so much.

Jay

Jay

What did you roll?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can you guess who, it's a mystery...

Like I said, I'm just gonna wait for it to come up. Julie has a couple things for it to come up, depending on what you guys do. You'll know it's me when I start RPing.

I can't play Deschain in combat since I have no macros, so it'll just slow everything down.

Gusto

Gusto

I was gonna suggest that Zeke and Reynard could retrieve Arku's loot (if not his body) by Zeke throwing the swordmage as high as he could and Reynard preparing an action to teleport to the balcony in mid-flight. Reynard could then assist vs. the troll by using ranged sword throws at that point.

Assuming we don't just kill the troll first. :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll RP him, I just don't wanna turn combat all sluggish by having to set up macros.

I'll see what I can do in the next half hour.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Zeke's fun now. :D

Want me a Delver's Light as my trinket.. *hope hope*

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I AM THE NEW KRATASH!

Jay

Jay

Tonight's game gets my....

Seal of Approval.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I thought Arku was the new Kratash. Well, we all seem to have a little Kratash in us...

That was fun. It was weird playing Reynard for that hour and a half. Wish I'd gotten to play Jaes some more, but that's what next session will have. I can't wait to make use of him in combat.

I'll try to get the recording up this weekend.

Gusto

Gusto

Hybrid cleric/warlord eh...

If I'm correct, that means:

2x Healing Word
2x Inspiring Word
1x Channel Divinity

Every encounter!

I'd actually be interested in hearing who your God is. Kara and Jaes might not get along. : /

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jaes believes in keeping religion where it belongs, close to your heart and out of others' ears... which isn't exactly Kara's approach :p. He'll answer questions, but if he feels the conversation getting heated, he's just not gonna talk about it.

With a hybrid class, you can only do each class's encounter heal once per encounter (so one Healing Word, one Inspiring Word), but he also has some other healing stuff, such as an encounter that allows an adjacent ally to spend a surge, and he took the Bardic multiclass, so he has Majestic word twice in a single encounter per day. He actually has more healing powers than Arku did, but also the ability to dish some decent damage (not great, but better than the bear) and Commanding Strike will let me order an ally to attack on my turn, so I can throw the standard over to Zeke or Kara, anyone who can hit an enemy adjacent to me, whether they're stronger against AC than me, or can hit a different defense that may be weaker than the opponent's AC, which will also fit with his personality.

Jay

Jay

We need to get the hell outta that jail cell. Simkin needs to loot and scoot.

Gusto

Gusto

One question.... Brash Assault?

:awesome:?

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Deschain,

I want to begin by saying that you are a great guy and a fun person to play with/DM for. Unfortunately, you are also a guy who is not around to play with/DM for. You have, for one reason or another, missed at least half of my games. It is too distracting and unproductive; as well as unfair to have to pull your character around, in one way or another. I'm sorry that it's had to come to this, but we won't be able to keep you in my session any longer. Thank you so much for the time we got to spend together and your understanding.

- Juls

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Makes sense. It happened to Kratash, after all.

One question.... Brash Assault?

:awesome:?
Noooo, I could only choose one Warlord At-will, and it was Commanding Strike. More useful, more in-character. My At-Will attack is a cleric power that allows healing.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Aw c'mon. Surely Deschain's schoolwork is gonna end soon.

Jay

Jay

What is mah XPs?

Shawn

Shawn

So Jaes keeps escaping and the Drow keep capturing him. It's like this endless circle of incompetence on everyone's part.

Gusto

Gusto

WTB Controller, PST.

Jay

Jay

Simkin controls all situations.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Alright, everyone, for the previous encounters, I'm giving you 400 exp which should bring you to a total of 2900. And, Doom, yes. You may most certainly have Delver's Light. It's a level two, simple, non-game-breaking item that is completely fair. You will find it among your possessions, when you locate them, and will be able to use it immediately from there on out.

Also, I have wonderful news: we may very well have a new player in HCGLNS! Stay tuned for more soon! ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Episode 8: Ezekiel's Chains

With Arku dead, Ezekiel has been left a shade of his former self... or perhaps he is a new being entirely. There's little time for existential angst if the group wants to give Arku's body a proper search and burial, as the troll remains alive and angry. Even if able to take down the monster, there's that mysterious clanking noise and a gaping hole in the ceiling.

Jay

Jay

I vouch for HCGLNS. He's awesomesauce.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah Hugglins PMed me a bit last night about it so I was wondering if he'd post.

CONTROLLERRRRRR

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think we currently have a pretty balanced party, so I'd like it if we all tried to not influence HC on what to roll. In fact, I propose we anti-influence him.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Yeah, as Darryl said, let's let HCGLNS pick what he wants without us saying one way or another. I want my players to all have the same freedom of being able to pick whatever they want and being happy with that. :3 Let's just watch and see what he chooses.

Gusto

Gusto

CONTROLLERRRRRR

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

CONTROLLERRRRRR
NO LOOT OR EXP FOR YOU IF YOU KEEP IT UP, GUSTO.
SO SRS.

Gusto

Gusto

Hahaha I'm just joshin'. Our party doesn't have a controller, but Zeke and I do a little of it each, anyway. Not necessarily NEEDED. :)

Also, I'd say our party is much more balanced for Hugglins to enter Shawn's game as anything he wants.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

I knows, Gusto. ^_^ I just wanted a reason to use that face. Isn't it FABULOUS?

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Weeee, Delver's Light.

I'na make the light come from my eyes! So I guess he'll absorb whatever the physical item is.

Anywho. Wee! 2 Weeks. =[

Gusto

Gusto

Wait a minute...

Warforged?

Flashlight head?

Somebody get Shepard on the comm.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Also, I'd say our party is much more balanced for Hugglins to enter Shawn's game as anything he wants.
Err, we have six people for Shawn's game.

Weeee, Delver's Light.

I'na make the light come from my eyes! So I guess he'll absorb whatever the physical item is.

Anywho. Wee! 2 Weeks. =[
3 weeks. :p In one week, we have Shawn Game 1. In two weeks, we have Shawn Game 2. In three weeks, we have Julie Game.

Jay

Jay

Commander Shepard is busy ATM.

Anyways, roll whatever you want. Have fun. Attend every game you can and be in Vent at 6:45.... unlike some of these bums.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Who's in at 6:45? You and Gusto and... and... no one?

SOME OF US ARE BUSY HAVING SEX!!

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

REALLY GOOD sex too. Before every session. It helps gear me up for DnD.

Shawn

Shawn

REALLY GOOD sex too. Before every session. It helps gear me up for DnD.
[/QUOTE]
SHUTUP!
...showoffs...
*grumble*

Gusto

Gusto

I remember sex...

Soliloquy

So, I just took a listen to part of one of your sessions, for the heck of it.

Julie, your game is f'd up.

Me Likey.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

So, I just took a listen to part of one of your sessions, for the heck of it.

Julie, your game is f'd up.

Me Likey.
Why, thank you! ;)

Gusto

Gusto

It is pretty fucked up.

Jay

Jay

Sex isn't an excuse for being late. Heck, I'm doing it between rounds of combat.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We've been trying to coordinate the rounds to last only two minutes between your turns, to match up.

:p

Jay

Jay

Yep, sex is a DPS race to me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Rogues do it from behind?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well thank you for allowing me to join your game, and without further ado, may I introduce

Captain Naciens Harris
Gnomish Seeker: Bloodbond Level 3 (Controller)
STR 8 CON 14 DEX 10 INT 13 WID 18 CHA 12
AC 13 FORT 12 REF 12 WILL 15
HP 36 Healing Surges 9
At Will: Grappling Spirits, Thorn Cloud Shot
Encounter: Encaging Spirits, Inevitable Shot, Fade Away, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Mischief Spirits (lvl 1), Escaping Shot (lvl 3)
Daily: Swarming Bats
Utility: Stags Grace
Feats: Strengthened Bond, Fey Trickster
Skills: Nature, Perception, Stealth, Heal

Starting Gear: Hand crossbow, 40 bolts, leather armor, adventurers kit, dagger though I expect none of it will remain in the prison

Still working on his idioms and affectations.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Cool, another short person for Ezekiel to throw.

Although, the last time he threw one ended up with the goblin drop-kicking our primary antagonist Niena in the face... which was awesome.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"Der be no trowin Naciens uv da North Seas! Yoo risk ahgravatin da Grate Albetross iv you do!"

And I seem to have forgotten to list my 1st and 3rd level encounter powers, whoopsie!

Also, sex leads to babies and babies lead to broken backs (it took three hours of waiting in line with a toddler and a 4 yr old to register for ballet), so sex is bad ok?

Gusto

Gusto

Looks cool. :)

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Oh good. More Shorties.

Well, it is nice to finally be the tallest member in the group at least.

Shit, half the party can ride on my shoulders.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If only we had somewhere to be.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well the other option bouncing around in my noodle was a Goliath Earthstrength Warden, who often confuses people smaller than elves with food.

But I like Naciens as well, just don't be surprised when he takes you up on your offer to carry him around.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Do whatever makes you happy. We'll welcome your abomin--character.

Might edit my stats a little and possibly change my daily, since we have a couple weeks until Julie's next game and my new character hasn't been in combat. I have a feeling I'll be using Commanding Strike a lot, especially in this battle since we're in such a good position for it, so I want to be sure I can give an extra edge to whoever obey's Jaes's ordering around.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Goliath Earthstrength Warden
That would be an awful idea for hilarious reasons.

- I'm playing an Earthstrength Warden
- Arku, who was my character's master, was a Goliath and just died. XD

Gusto

Gusto

Hey what is our experience supposed to be at right now?

Also, who is excited to break outta prison!? I AM!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jay

Jay

I require more fan art for our peeps. Group pictures etc...

Gusto

Gusto

I require more fan art for our peeps. Group pictures etc...
I'm actually working on redesigning Kara a bit, I have a few sketches lying around but nothing nice enough to scan.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I should have my character finalized by Sunday at the latest. Is there any preferred method for macros in Gametable required?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just make sure it'll make sense to anyone who sees it; i.e. name, differentiate attack and damage roll, what type of defense it hits, and any special stuff (and probably whether it's an encounter or daily).

Gusto

Gusto

Mine are typically like

ENCOUNTER: Twin Thunders (fortitude)
ENCOUNTER: Twin Thunders Damage (thunder)(+ secondary damage)

or like

AT WILL: Crane's Wings (reflex)
AT WILL: Crane's Wings Damage (push 1)

or even the fabled

SKILL: Athletics (+5 if jumping, Crane's Wings)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I usually put a number at the end of the name, 1, 2, so I don't have to think of their order; attack roll will always be on top, damage on bottom.

Gusto

Gusto

Well mine too, seeing as ( comes before D alphabetically. :)

Jay

Jay

Tribute video is coming along nicely.

Gusto

Gusto

My list is all sorted out like

ATTRIBUTE
ATTACK (for ranged/melee basics)
AT WILL
DAILY
ENCOUNTER
EXTRA DAMAGE (for crits with magic weapons/implements, Centered Flurry of Blows in the case of my monk)
INITIATIVE
SKILL

Gusto

Gusto

Hey Darryl, if it's not super spoilery, I'd love it if you could share your CB file.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, I will do that eventually...

(oh crap, I only have until Thursday to finalize these stats and daily, and that one encounter power, yeesh...)

Gusto

Gusto

Hehe, oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Who has a higher basic melee attack roll bonus, Kara or weaponless Ezekiel? Depending on whose is higher will depend on who gets to shift when I roll initiative (thanks to my Warlord power). I'll be using Commanding Strike a bit, giving one of you near the same enemy as me the chance to get in extra hits.

Also, unless we take down the ones at the door swiftly, we made need Simkin over for some halfling thievery. I'm hoping we can grab the key and toss it to the nearby cell, and they can toss it to another, and we can get a full riot going, surrounding the guards.

Gusto

Gusto

My basic melee is +4 due to my shitty STR score.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

+6 Unarmed, 1d4+6

I assume I'm technically unarmed, since we were treating me as having a maul and "pretending" I didn't, so up to the DM. I don't like trying to take advantage of the whole twisting the rules thing too much.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I thought strength affected the damage roll, not the attack roll, Gusto.

I figured we'd be treating it like you lost that section of yourself or something, Doom.

Gusto

Gusto

For melee basics, it's always STR vs. AC. There are feats that allow you to change it to any other stat (I could take the INT version and becoming a proficient melee basic attacker with Errik!), and I might take the DEX one if it becomes apparent I'll need to make a lot of melee basics, we'll see.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Okay then, I'll likely be bossing Ezekiel around again then :p.

Jay

Jay

The Simkin can try to stab these drow with his bootstrap knife for +11.

Still looking for more pictures for the group or character concepts. Don't miss out!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Reaaally? Well, maybe Jaes will be giving you the initiative shift to get over here, and then bark orders at Simkin.

Still, stealing key = good.

It's a 3-day weekend, so I'll see what I can do as far as time to draw. I'm sure I can find some, just not sure how good it will come out.

Jay

Jay

Maybe Simkin will come, maybe he won't. AH THE SUSPENSE OF IT ALL.

Well I got NOTHING for Jaes and the other Gnome guy. I may have to resort on Googleimages or Deviant. It may look disgusting.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's a commanding strike. You must take advantage. It is the Simkin way to take advantage!

I'll draw something for Jaes, and probably something else. I know nothing about HC's character to base an interpretation from.

Jay

Jay

I guess it'll be all about initiative.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

How's this for you, Jay?

Jaes

The tentacled monster from that one square place when we were chasing Serial, fighting Deschain, Kara, and Simkin.

Jay

Jay

Looks good, I took them both. Gimmie more details about your character's race/class, that info escapes me ATM,.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jaes, Eladrin, he's a hybrid Warlord/Cleric.

Warlords have some awesome as hell dailies. Each time I feel I have the right one, I see another that looks shiny.

There's one that lets me attack an enemy, and then two allies can attack two other enemies. There's one that lets me pull an enemy to me, and then three allies can charge it. There's one that I make an attack, and then all allies within 5 squares of me gain +3 to their attack rolls until the end of the encounter. It's so hard to choose. Some things make good openers, others make good finishers.

Jay

Jay

That's Warlord and multiclass Cleric right?

Just need HC's stuff now.

Thursday can't come soon enough, I R WANT TO STAB.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I thought multiclass was what you called the feat and Hybrid was what you called the class choice. If we wanna talk feats, I'm multiclassed Bard also :p.

Gusto

Gusto

A little somethin' somethin' I threw together.

Kara's new design, also on my deviantArt.

Bear in mind that currently, in prison, she no longer has her holy symbol or probably her sash.

Eventually I hope to have a series of simple sketches wherein Kara is demonstrating a couple of her techniques, if only to draw people doing ANYTHING but standing...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's a cool outfit, Gusto. I'll incorporate that in any future Kara drawings I do, since obviously she's not wearing anything that nifty in my drawing. Though she is clutching a tentacle. Oh yeah!

I took Deschain off of the pic from early in the thread. I don't know why, but when I got to Simkin all I could think of was miniature Assassin's Creed.

Jay

Jay

Simkin would like that.

Wait, there's a group pix in the works?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Simkin would like that.

Wait, there's a group pix in the works?
Um... there can be?

I meant from Simkin in the pic I drew, last page. He's on top of the thing.

Jay

Jay

Yeah I saw it, it's neat. I don't know why but I love it when group pictures are drawn. So much that Simkin is 33% less likely from pickpocketing you during the next pair of gaming sessions.

What I'd love is a wallpaper quality one, like the one we got for our other group... speaking of which, what is our group's name? :D

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The desperate? The non-eaten by tentacles? I don't think we've gotten "groupy" yet. Seekers of the Magister?

EDIT: I'll try getting a group picture together tomorrow, but while I love seeing everyone at once, I get sick of just doing pictures of people just standing there, and if they're in an action situation, you don't really get to see everyone's faces or forms.

I'll try to come up with something though.

Jay

Jay

What about an epic fight against drow guards? Weapons can be thrown in for looks. Simkin would love to be seen getting a crit backstab onto a drow. :D

Nomination for a group name :

- The Unknown Six
- The Heroes of Amaranth (a.k.a., HoA, and it's pronounced HOO-ah!)
- Company of Louts

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That would still leave the same issue; people get in the foreground, background, et cetera. There's a lot of flavor to these characters I don't wanna miss, but I'll figure things out.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

About halfway done with the group pic. I guess it's just going to be Kara, Simkin, Ezekiel, Jaes, and Nikto, because I wanted something current and HC hasn't finalized his character yet. I hate to not include him, but I can't even just draw a gnome because he hasn't finalized if he's being that or the goliath or what. HC, if you see this, post ASAP anything. I may be able to shove your character in the background or something.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Picture a tall man clad in chain mail, covered by robes, wearing thick leather gloves with the hood of his cloak pulled over a full helm and bristling with electricity.

I tried to get the vocalizations right for the gnome, but just couldn't get his voice right for the character i wanted, so I went in a different direction.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So... race? Class? :p Would help. This is an action scene. If there's no action I can do, I can make him stand there, but even my squishy Warlord/Cleric is doing something. You don't wanna be outdone by a healer, right?

EDIT: Or you vanish. Okay, pussying out! :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

View attachment 562

I actually managed to find a great picture of what I think he would look like on google just now.

If you want action, have him electrocuting some one for being impudent or evil.

Jay

Jay

These forums suck when you try to attach a file. imageshack it if it's a picture

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I've finished most of the image except HC's character. I have a pose in mind and a look, but if he can get me to see that picture first, it'd help get it to more match what he wanted. Everyone else is how they wanted, except Simkin and you gave me the okay on him, Jay. Actually, you'll like his position here.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

rehosted

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thank you!

I'll be finished soon.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Okay! You'll probably need to click to enlarge. I have gray version and brown version. Jay, if you want a bigger version, the biggest I got is 1473 by 959, so let me know what to do.

From left to right, Kara, HC's character, Ezekiel, Simkin (foreground), Jaes, and Nikto (foreground). I chose a tentacle monster instead of Drow as opponents because it felt more representative of the campaign. Odds are we'll be fighting more of that eventually anyway. Sorry I don't have inking ability now or scanner for it, but hopefully it turned out well enough.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

OMG, this picture is fucking fabulous! And the Simkin's wink to the audience is PRICELESS. The detail and action in this picture are both incredibly dynamic. LOVE! ♥

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I got a brown version I prefer:

Gusto

Gusto

Hugglins is playing as Doc Doom?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hugglins is playing as Doc Doom?
Only in so much as they both wear cloaks with hoods over their armour in addition to a tunic.

And we both hate Reed Richards.

Gusto

Gusto

Forgive me, I'm not much a writer, but here's a little RP from the end of last game's session:

A dull pain still throbbed in Kara's stomach as she regained consciousness once more. Her shoulders were stiff as a result of sleeping on a hard stone floor all night. Where was she now? What of the others? Did the city still stand?

...How much time had passed!? How many more had died!?

These alarming thoughts were enough to bring Kara back to lucidity. She sat up in the darkness of the cell, seeing her day's companions lying on the floor around her in various states of conciousness. She took a moment to stand up and stretch the aches out of her joints - this was nothing new to her, really, just part of the morning routine for the Rohgar. She then retreated to a quiet corner of the cell, away from the others who were currently testing the locks on the door, talking to prisoners in other nearby cells, or trying to make introductions to the eladrin in their cell. She needed to pray, to ask Bahamut for his strength and his justice against the evil drow who had seen fit to occupy this city and murder its innocents, and to mourn the losses of those she hadn't been able to save.

But she was alarmed to find they had stripped her of her holy symbol. The one she had created.

---

A swirl of emotions began to rise up in Kara's heart as she remembered the right of passage she had undergone to become an adolescent among the Rohgar, the quest to create one's own holy symbol and have it properly approved and blessed by the High Priest. To carefully consider the materials and design, to put one's passion and hard work into the fabrication, and to have the wisdom and charisma to explain one's decisions to the High Priest were all important steps needed to create one's own holy symbol, a connection to Bahamut that was truly personal.

Many of the warriors of the Rohgar had chosen to forge a dragon's claw out of steel or any available stronger metals, hoping that creating a fearsome image with a strong material would grant them the strength and ferocity they would need. Clerics of Bahamut often tried to create dragon scales out of silver or even platinum to remind them of Bahamut's beauty, grace and resolve.

Kara had chosen to represent her connection in a somewhat unique way:

She had cut a circle of wood of a willow tree, native to their valley, and used it's sap to harden the edges. The result was a crude wooden circle. She then spent the next several weeks searching the caves in the mountains, looking for resources that might have been missed so far, praying to Bahamut for guidance. Kara was eventually able to return home triumphantly, having found a handful of scraps of platinum that she mined herself from an underground chamber. She smelted the scraps down and poured them into a carving she had made in the wood of a downward-facing dragon's claw, to create the actual symbol of Bahamut. Finally, she strung the amulet, and tied off a small blue glass bead to one side.

The following day, she went to the Temple, housed in one of the larger caves in the area, with many small natural holes leading to the sky providing for lots of natural sunlight that glittered off draconic statues and the like. She approached the High Priest, bowed, and presented her creation.

Kara explained that the wood of the willow tree represented the quiet strength and flexibility that she hoped to embody in her life as a monk of Bahamut. The platinum claw represented the purity and beauty of Bahamut. And the blue bead represented Kara herself, close to Bahamut but always striving to be closer.

The High Priest examined this all, nodded, and asked Kara why she chose to depict the claw pattern facing downwards. Very few others in the village had chosen such a configuration. Kara bowed again and said that she wished to depict Bahamut's hand not raised in an act of righteous aggression, since that did not always represent her intentions as a monk. Instead she depicted open and held out, as an act of peaceful cooperation.

The High Priest nodded again, and carefully draped the symbol over Kara's head. "You have done well, child, and succeeded in your right of passage. You are now Rohgar Kara, a true member of this village, and one I am proud to worship Lord Bahamut alongside. Keep this symbol with you at all times, for it truly represents your personal connection to Him."

---

Kara shook the memories from her mind and finished her symbol-less prayers. Her eyes opened to the darkness of the cell once more. She turned her head to see the hated drow enemy, Niena, approaching their prison. She glared, flexed her fists, gritted her teeth, and stood.

Rohgar Kara would get back what was hers. She would see to the safety of her companions and everyone still struggling to survive in Amaranth. And she would lay waster to these smug arrogant drow who thought themselves so important as to walk into town and upset the lives of thousands.

May Bahamut have mercy on them all.
OPEN THE GATES OF BATTLE!

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Nice. :thumbs up:

So what race is HC then? Goliath?

If the voice is the real issue, I have a voice changer that might be able to give you the little push you need it. I use it to do Ezekiel's deep "Warf" voice.

Search for 'Voice Changer 4.0 Diamond'. It lets you change minute things with your voice and might give you the tiny pitch change you need to get the gnome voice, and it's made to work through Vent.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I will be playing a human male starets of Burya.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Starets?

Jay

Jay

That's an awesome picture Darryl! If you do have a huge picture, please do link it as I’ll be downloading them all for the video when I get home tonight. Did I mention that picture is awesome? The brown version is better. I hope you had fun drawing it. *clears throat* MOAR?

Nice bit of RP Kevin, good job.

HC, you’re character looks like Doc Doom man. What the fark. What is his name again? Race?

Doom, (the original one), it's WORF... not WARF... I WARF when I lift my leg.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jay

Jay

Awesome

Jay

Jay

I'm about 70% done. Still need HC character's info and any more fanart you guys can find.

Jay

Jay

If I don't have what I need by tonight, I'm cutting the character out and finishing my video tonight. :)

aka last chance bitches for any fanart you want in

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Since you have not met my character yet, exclude him from the video.

I keep looking at my character sheet and freaking out! I see my HP and think that I am going to die instantly as they are not even equal to the healing surge value of my Tuesday night character.

:aaahhh:

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah it seems like madness to me that my Wizard has almost double the Constitution of my Monk but them's the breaks I guess.

Jay

Jay

Did someone say madness?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Macros and pog created!

Jay

Jay

Tribute video so far... 4 minutes.

Need more.... at least a minute's worth... MMMmmm

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A story with a moral....

The Story of Andrei Andreiyovich

Andrei Andreiyovich was born to a life of quiet pleasure. The son of the towns only spirits vendor, he rarely had the wants or needs of the other families around him. He was gloriously handsome and devilishly charming, turning the eyes of any girl he wanted. His father had grown his business strong and had hired several underlings to help run the enterprise smoothly. As such Andrei never truly gained his fathers work ethic, but crafted one of his own instead. His charm and looks afforded him ample opportunities in working alongside his father and Andrei was one to often take full advantage of these opportunities. It was soon said, that not a single deal brokered by the young businessman was not sealed by bedding a relative of his client.

It was this reputation that eventually led to his undoing. Shortly after securing a supply of Green Aleish from the distillers in Gepinniw, he celebrated by taking to his bed several of the daughters of single merchant, some say at the same time, some say in succession. In the end it didn't matter, as their father stumbled upon the carnality, and had the boy promptly cast in irons.

But not ordinary irons, Andrei's head was sealed into an iron helm, and his hands bound by wet leather. Only able to eat or drink through a small slat in the mouth of the helm, Andrei was set on his way out into the vast plains of Abo'tinam to walk until he found help or his ending. Andreiyovich managed to survive for almost a week, eating berries from bushes and drinking water from streams, but his long lonely walk was filled mostly without incident. He heard no one, he saw no one, it was just him, his helm prison and the never ending flat plains of grass before him.

On the eighth day of his tortuous wondering, he heard his doom. Alone in the plains, with no shelter in site, Andreiyovich heard the sounds of a thunderstorm brewing. He endured light rain for hours as he ran trying to find shelter, but he was unable to out run the storm, eventually a great burya over came him, and he found himself in the midst of it's lightning, with the largest lightning rod for miles attached firmly to his head,

With a single explosive blast, thus ended the life of Andrei Andreiyovich.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hear that, Simkin? Don't mess with the ladies!

Curious how this ties into your character, Efimovich.

Jay

Jay

Silly lout, lrn to stealth better.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Considering the picture, I wonder if either his character is another person put into this position by the merchant, or if he is the merchant being revenged on.

Gusto

Gusto

I got to:

turning the eyes of any girl he wanted
... and I was like "HEYWAITAMINUTE :angry:"

Jay

Jay

Metagaming FTL :p

PS: The video is 95% complete. I'm sleep over it, should have it up tomorrow night. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Also, calling it right now: Huggs will be playing as one of this guy's [likely numerous] bastard offspring.

Jay

Jay

Ahhhh shit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Also, calling it right now: Huggs will be playing as one of this guy's [likely numerous] bastard offspring.
All will be revealled with tonights chapter my devochki.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

To Gusto: Fabulously rendered. I enjoyed it quite well and connected with the feeling of rage over a close, personal item at the hands of [strike]a total bitch[/strike] an enemy.

To Hugh: LIGHTNING ROD DEATH IS EVIL. ... I approves. XD

Jay

Jay

My Video tribute to this game.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That was pretty cool, Jay. Nice found pictures too that showed some of what we've been through. (Tentacles...eww.)

You had more pics to work with though if you wanted to fill out some more of the video, like some of Gusto's earlier Kara drawings, or the pic of Deschain from the first page (he may be gone, but he was still one of us, like Kratash) or this one of Arku and Ezekiel:

Or just fill it out as more stuff becomes available from me, Gusto, anyone else who draws anything (like Julie, who has artistic ability, but no drive to use it -_-).