JULY Contest - 2010 World Cup Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find basketball to be waaaay more boring than SOCCER to watch. One team gets the ball, they score. The other team gets the ball.. they score. Rinse, repeat. Boring. It's a game I love to play but can't sit down to watch. Quite the opposite to SOCCER which I suck at playing but love watching.
I agree with you about basketball and will add most sports to it. The only game I can sit down and watch is Football (note: NOT Soccer). Even that can be boring at times and I have to be interested in one team or the outcome to even want to see it.

Baseball is the most boring to me, two people playing catch and somebody in the middle trying to interrupt. A perfect game... nobody interrupts the catch session. Arghhhh.

I have to say that baseball has to be the most boring sport, even playing baseball is boring for me let alone trying to watch it. Basketball isn't quite as repetitive as you make it out to be. Yeah there's a lot of scoring but that just means there is a lot more chances for a great play to actually affect the score. I think its one of the few sports where playing it and watching it can both be fun.

I do think the games are getting better for the world cup since teams are playing their second games now and are actually trying to win this time (looking at you Uruguay) and they should only get better when the group stages are over.

Dave

Staff member
Now that we're down to the pool of 16, don't forget to put in your picks for the elimination rounds!

Can anyone catch up to Rovewin? We'll have to see!

WTF, I just hit the score for the Spain match but it's not showing up in the overall standings.... is there a delay or something? It's been like 10 min now...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! I was going to put in the score for the Brazil game this morning, but even though I filled it in, I was left thinking about the next match, Paraguay-Japan, but something distracted me before I did and I just elft the tab open... without saving my pick.

So I have no guess fro the Brazil match... and Rovewin is going to jump ahead from me... AGAIN. Oh man, I am so not giving up.

You might have to hack his yahoo account at this rate. :p
Please No. @Calleja Thats why I filled in every thing (including those games we dont know whos playing yet) just in case I forget one day I will still have a score in there for at least a chance. Plus every match is worth more so next round a wrong guess for me and a correct one and correct score from you puts you right there to win it.

I can't believe I didn't get points for such an easy guess as the brazil match.... stupid, stupid!!

The japan-paraguay is giving me trouble, I just can't see a clear winner. Which is why I was left to ponder it so long that I got distracted and didn't save my prediction for the Brazil match.

sigh

I has a sad.

Remember my little Brazil mistake? I'd be in first place if it weren't for it.

Fuck.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!
That game was only worth 4 points. You would still be one behind.

Gah I am so upset with you Germany. Dashing my hopes two world cups in a row by doing phenomenal the entire tournament than looking so disoriented in the semis.

No, I had inputted the CORRECT FUCKING SCORE!! AND I DIDN'T SAVE IT!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dave

Staff member
And the winner is....ROVEWIN!!

He finishes with 130 points, 2 ahead of Tegid and 5 up on Calleja.

So when you decide which version of the FIFA game you want, let me know by PM with the name & address & it'll be winging its way to your door so you can relive the glory of your victory!

Aw man, I felt it CLOSE! I hate myself for that Brazil-Chile screw up.

Some day I'm gonna win a forum game, people, SOME DAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.