Kids these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I saw that and very nearly posted it. But let me just say my daughter would NEVER have been in that class after I witnessed the first PRACTICE of that routine.

Maybe it's just me, but 7 year old girls should NOT be encouraged to emulate the shit they see on music videos. This was disgusting and wrong.

Why would someone think that was in any way appropriate?

I agree with Dave, if I had a daughter, I would've pulled her from that dance class.

It's insane what people let their kids get away with. When I was a mallcop, we'd see folks with their kids, and these 7-8 year olds would be dancing dirty, dropping low, and trying to do that MTV "butt shake" thing that is so popular in hip-hop. *grimaces* Signs of the times, and I no likes 'em.

I think if you take off like 50% of the moves (and replace them with some non-slutty moves) and you change their horrible clothes to something more age appropriate it wouldn't be bad at all, those girls are good...

Two things kept running through my head when I watched that video:

1. These girls are REALLY good.

2. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

The dance moves are (sadly) a sign of the times, and bother me far less than the fact that they were allowed/told to wear those outfits.

Cajungal

Staff member
They're definitely really talented, but the costumes and a lot of the moves are putting me off. Plus they have no idea (well probably not) what they're dancing/lip synching about. I never remember my dance reviews being like that.

This is like those stupid talent shows where they have a 4 year old singing shit like "Love is Lovelier... the second time around..."

doomdragon6

Staff member
Supposedly their moves came from stuff like the Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel. (Squeakuel, sorry.)

It's mostly the outfits.

Supposedly their moves came from stuff like the Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel. (Squeakuel, sorry.)

It's mostly the outfits.
It is still not appropriate for a kiddy show. My brother freaked when the Shrek Sing a Long had his daughters shaking their asses with the dragon to 'baby's got back.'

Well, at least this thread reminded me how good a movie Little Miss Sunshine was after it destroyed my faith in humanity.

S

Soliloquy

Aren't we supposed to be a sexually repressed culture? Everyone keeps telling me we're such a sexually repressed culture...

C

Chibibar

ok......... they are really good dancer. They can really dance, but I have to agree the outfit and the moves shouldn't be performed by kids their age.

I was trying to figure out WOD stands for sponsor by Paul Mitchell?

The original vid by Beyonce:

here is the interesting part, Beyonce is wearing more clothes than these kids....

Cajungal

Staff member
I've never been able to figure out why she has a robot arm. Is the song secretly about cyborgs and their inability to adjust to the human dating scene?

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

....And as pretty as Beyonce is, the one in the video I find myself staring at is the dancer with the booty (they've all got some there, but anyway). Every time they do that leg shake thing her hip and cheek move in this marvelous wave of just-the-right-amount-of-jiggle. Well done, dancer lady.

C

Chazwozel

I fucking love this movie and the judges' reactions to her dance (even though it's essentially the same thing as the other competitors were doing).

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Chibibar;387017 The original vid by Beyonce: [media=youtube said:
4m1EFMoRFvY[/media]
Thanks now I have a boner.

The point is that just because something is inspired by something else doesn't make it inherently bad.
When you copy a dance step for step, and the only difference is the stripper moves, yeah, it makes it worse...

I saw an interview of Beyonce complaining how hard it was to shoot that video. That she had to dance for over 4 hours (don't remember exactly.) And how difficult it was to dance that hard. She is a professional dancer, she should have been up to the challenge. My thought was Gwen Verdon did the same dance, at 40 years old, wearing hot as hell polyester, and did it on live TV... (in a cave with a box of scraps...)

Status
Not open for further replies.