Kitteh/n Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MaryMarvel

Kitten Appreciation Thread

lol not when they poop it out! Our male cat LOVES chewing on it and then he can't get it out -_-

Oh hi there

In order to help keep this thread alive I present a couple of pics of my cat Fergus

D

Dusty668

Okay, i got blades you got a gun, lets just both be cool man, just be cool!

figmentPez

Staff member

My family was part of a less impressive kitten rescue today. An apparently abandoned kitten was found by a friend of ours, and we just got new neighbors across the street who are interested. The little kitten is staying at our house until they're ready for her/him.

We're not keeping it, because we've already got eight cats and two dogs. I don't have pictures of all of them, but here are some:

P.T. Barnum aka Baby Beluga, Barnum-boo, bubelee-boo

Barnum, our oldest cat is about 14, I think. He still thinks he's a little kitten and loves my sister very much. He's the one that loves Wii Fit because my sister picks him up to be weighed.

Jake, aka Jakey Doodle Dandy, Dr. Jakyll, Booger-nose, Jakers

Jake is the tabby hidden behind Barnum. He's our second oldest, and loves to burrow under sheets and blankets.

Miranda aka Miranda Panda, Panda Poodle, Pandar the Jungle Kitten, Pizanda, Rocket

Miranda is my other sister's cat. I'm her favorite in the whole wide world and she bellows outside my door whenever she wants me. She's been known to do this just to tell me she's going to bed or that she's going outside. She's in my lap at my computer in the pic, and when she's there she likes to claw my hand if I move the mouse too much.

I'll get pictures of the other 5 cats later.

figmentPez

Staff member

EIGHT CATS?!?! I have 2 and sometimes that's 1 too many.
They can be quite a handful. My sister and mom do most of the work. One had what we think was a stroke about a year ago, and now she has no appetite control, so we have to keep the food out of her reach.

EIGHT CATS?!?! I have 2 and sometimes that's 1 too many.
We had the Brady Bunch thing going on over here for a while. I had 2, she had 4, we moved in together, etc. Fortunately we managed to get her (amicably) ex-boyfriend to take back his 3 or we would've had to cram 9 into this place.

Due to natural attrition, we're down to just 3 now.

--Patrick

Attachments

My girlfriend and I flew from San Jose, CA to Ann Arbor, MI today; despite getting only 45 minutes of sleep, we decided the best thing to do would be to go look at kitties today for potential adoption. We narrowed it down to four kitties, and here's the one we ended up choosing. We ended up choosing her because you could tell she loved people; but she was shy because of all the other cats who beat up on her.

She's doing pretty well, and pictures will follow :)

Meet the new addition to our family, Theia. We adopted her yesterday because she melted our hearts, was an absolute sweetheart, was being bullied by every other cat in the 50-cat facility, and because she'd been there nearly a year. She was a little shy, and was nervous when we took her home, but she's so friendly and has an absolutely adorable meow. She's about a year and a half old, and is REALLY tiny (only about five pounds or so, and she's full grown)

figmentPez

Staff member

This little kitten has no name:

We're fostering him until a permanent home is found. One of our friends has a very awful neighbor. When her kids gets bored, she gets a pet. When she gets bored, she abandons the pet. Apparently she does it every year, and now was this poor little darling kitten's turn. We're not naming him because we're really hoping to not add a new cat. A new home may have been found already, but it's not certain yet. Until then, he's our little ball of trouble. He has a ton of energy (I took over a dozen pics and all the others were blurry or only bits of cat.)

On our way bringing him home, he wanted a hand inside the cat carrier with him, or he'd cry and try to dig his way out. With either my mom or I sticking our hand through a partly unzipped opening, he was okay and curled up and slept.

We tried to not name the strays from last year because we didn't want to bond with them. Of course we named them all within a couple days. I got to name Neko (Japanese for "cat") and I chose that name because I couldn't tell if she was a boy or a girl at first. The others were named Pan, Ollie, and Sadie. I still miss them sometimes.

M

MaryMarvel

The newest edition to the family, Luna Oreo

M

makare

aww black kittehs are the best kittehs ^.^

Dave

Staff member

Phil and his mad editing skills made me look like a dick.

The jerk.

M

makare

Id feel bad for you but im too worried about being so low on halbucks....

Dave

Staff member

The hell have you been spending your money on? You gambling in the gameroom?

M

makare

I do not gamble. i am amassing wealth for a reason and i am still far short of my goal...

i am displeased.

Status
Not open for further replies.