Kurt's Present from Halforums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
It's been delivered. Like before Thanksgiving.

But that doesn't mean that he has to acknowledge us.

I figured he couldn't take a hit like that to his ego and respond. Was just curious if we got some kind of confirmation of delivery.

D

Deschain

Stupid Kurtz, i-it's not like I'm giving you a gift because I need your validation or anything. Just take it, jeez

K

Kitty Sinatra

I figured you had shopped that - was damn sure of it (the lack of wrapping paper anywhere is the biggest hint - but figured I should make sure. Nice work.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Also, I kinda hope for his sake that you shopped some fat onto him.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Perhaps some wrapping paper peeking out from off-frame at the bottom of the picture to suggest it's on the table just out of sight. But that would only be needed to add to the idea of it being a Christmas gift. Still, as it is, it does indeed look like he's just been handed a sort of gift by someone. Just not Critsmas gift.

Dave

Staff member
Why would this be a hit to his ego, anyway? It was sent with a NICE note thanking him and was a gesture of reconciliation, not recrimination.

Some of you lunkheads REALLY need to let the hate go.

Why would this be a hit to his ego, anyway? It was sent with a NICE note thanking him and was a gesture of reconciliation, not recrimination.

Some of you lunkheads REALLY need to let the hate go.
Harumph!

[kicks a stone]

I say good luck to the big guy. I know I've said it before, but I think we're really better off with how things turned out. We have an admin and mods who take the time and energy to be involved in the community and care about how it turns out and progresses.

And Scott has time to do whatever it is he does all day.

Dave

Staff member
Did we send anything nice to Straub?
Exactly why the gift to Kurtz was more "in your face" than truly a gesture of peace. Straub got nothing, and everyone loves him.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have the money or address to send to Kris or I would have. Besides, Kris has been cool with us and I don't think he needs an olive branch.

But knowing Kurtz and the way he reacts with things, he was likely to interpret the gift in pretty much exactly the way some members wanted the gift to be; along with their alternate notes.

I think sending to only Scott was fine. PvPOnline, and Scott by extension, brought the board together, long before Halfpixel, and (supposedly) long before Kris started handling its maintenance.

If Scott and Kris are determined to hold it against us that we chose to honestly thank Scott specifically, in light of our shared connection, that's that, and I can live with that.

Dave

Staff member
Well, we did have that \"Straub and Erica's Public Breakup?\" thread, which, understandably, pissed Straub off Mightily.

So an olive branch might not have been a bad idea. Straub is awesome, and deserves our respect.
We actually kissed and made up after that, which can be seen by his allowing us to work on the Custom Comics thing we had (that didn't work out as well as I'd intended). Of course, after that some went to webcomics and said some things.

P

Philosopher B.

Yeah but hate leads to suffering. I know because a little green man told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.