Laughing my ass off @ yet another dumb marketing decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing my a** off @ yet another dumb marketing decision

I heard a bare bodkin will take care of tinnitus too.

In middle school once we were assigned to come up with the name of a new drug. It could be anything we liked. Your basic creative thinking excercise.

I named mine Placebox. My teacher got it, but none of my classmates did.

Hmm I actually didn't know it meant dying :confused: But it makes sense seeing as how the suicide drug in Children of Men was called it.

Wasn't "Quietus" the name of the suicide kits in Children of Men? (The movie, not the book.)

EDIT: I'm leaving this up as a tribute to my epic fail, but at least Hobo retro-answered my question.

Wow, it passed through the whole company's board of directors and etc and no one picked up on it??

Fail, indeed.

C

cvgurau

Will it cure or lessen my (sometimes annoyingly sever) tinnitus? Then I don't give a shit what it's called. Just give me lots.

Not that I intend to purchase any. I mean, I'm really wary of anything that's advertised as a "100% homeopathic" medicine. I'm just sayin'.

Well, yeah, the fact that it's homeopathic just ups the stupid quotient that much more.

Hmm, i don't think a warning against using it for HIV, TB and malaria is the same. I mean you don't use aspirin for those either, doesn't mean it's not a medicine. It's probably a fallacy as well.

Simple bio-feed back therapy went a long way in removing my tinnitus. Constant inexplicable noise in your ears is fucking maddening, glad I got rid of it.

J

Joe Johnson

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Simple bio-feed back therapy went a long way in removing my tinnitus. Constant inexplicable noise in your ears is smurfing maddening, glad I got rid of it.
Really? How the heck does that work?

My ears have been ringing ever since I can remember - it would be super-awesomesauce if there was a way to get rid of it. I always thought it was permanent.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a moderate degree of Tinnitus myself. I just have to keep something around that makes noise - a radio, a box fan, something. It's only in severe quiet that the ringing starts.. and gets louder.. and louder.. and louder until I'm practically clawing my own face off just so my screams will chase away that incessant "A" reverberation. :bush:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17686_8- ... -time.html
In August 2007, the German electronics manufacturer TrekStor tried to capitalize on the Apple iPod phenomenon with their own MP3 player. But what to name it? They knew they had to get the \"i\" in front of whatever word they decided on, to bring the iPod to mind. How about \"beat\" to signify all of the phat beats the customers will play on it? And it's black. Thus,

i.Beat.blaxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.