Let's see how long this thread lasts on the first page

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurelai

Today I started BEAST class- Brevard Escape And Survival Training. So today, I lugged myself around on the ground and through obstacles in full bunker gear and an airpack. I did pretty darned well.... except in the (relatively easy) confined space. I hateses confined space my precioussss.....

Cajungal

Staff member
It was only about 20 minutes, but I trucked it across downtown to make it to a meeting at the Louisiana State Museum. And I'm about to do some free weights. :)

L

Laurelai

Foof! Day 3 of BEAST. Today we did RIT drills (Rapid Intervention Team) where you work past various obstacles to find and assist a downed fireman. We made it under two leanto shaped low profile objects. We also did the Denver drill (this one was a BITCH) where you clamber in a window that is 16x30 and is 4 @#$%$% feet off the ground into a VERY small room to lift a downed fireman out the window. Then we did the Pittsburgh drill where you navigate several more low profile obstacles (one is a 16x20 inch hole that you have to go in with bunker gear and an airpack- about 50 extra pounds of gear), find the downed fireman, get THEIR unconscious ass through the obstacles and exit your team.

I am black and blue and TIRED.

Status
Not open for further replies.