[News] Man has 60 bongs and 40 beers, head-shots intruder.

fade

Staff member
Reading casual British or Australian English is like reading an almost foreign language. Like, I know it's English, but I'm still not quite getting it. "He jibjabbed the jolly roberts and rolly-o'd the westinghamshireford, said Jimly McShortbeard, a pike-shambler from North Uppingston-Upon-Heavy-Traffic"

Reading casual British or Australian English is like reading an almost foreign language. Like, I know it's English, but I'm still not quite getting it. "He jibjabbed the jolly roberts and rolly-o'd the westinghamshireford, said Jimly McShortbeard, a pike-shambler from North Uppingston-Upon-Heavy-Traffic"
Yeah, I joked with him that the first paragraph was the most Australian thing I'd ever read. I had to reference him for a few things, such as "brekkie bong" (breakfast bong/"Wake-and-bake").

And weak-ass beer. Assuming the Charlton Colts were 0.75 liter bottles he drank 30 liter beer. How was he even able to stand let alone shoot straight.

I'm not sure about the American first part of this, but the second part made perfect sense to me.

I'll still never get Cockney rhyming slang. "these words sound kind of similar, so we're going to just use them to interchange as some kind of in joke, or something?"

nosir.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll still never get Cockney rhyming slang. "these words sound kind of similar, so we're going to just use them to interchange as some kind of in joke, or something?"

View attachment 16269
It was supposed to be a code, actually, so they could discuss criminal doings without the police figuring out what they were saying. It just caught on like crazy and is now useful for that but it's too memetic to let go apparently.[DOUBLEPOST=1413119557,1413119484][/DOUBLEPOST]Also this story should put paid to anybody talking shit about how a .22 isn't powerful enough to stop an intruder.

Stubbies are apparently, at most, 375ml. And being drunk over a period of 7 hours mitigates the fact that he had 22 of them... Comes out to slightly over three an hour. Certainly not enough to affect MY aim - hell, might even steady it a bit.

Nice shot, though, all the same. I wonder if he might have done a bit better, had he called for police first.

Given the amount of recreational horticulture he was enjoying... possibly not.

Wait, we're supposed to be rooting for the stoner who killed someone?[DOUBLEPOST=1413154041,1413153944][/DOUBLEPOST]Are you sure you're Canadian, Nick?

GasBandit

Staff member
The guy was breaking into his house. Castle doctrine applies in south Australia, though I don't know if that's where this happened. The departed was no loss to humanity, and I'm still of the opinion that pot should be as legal as alcohol. Though maybe he should seek some help for substance dependency, the guy who shot didn't act in any way that I see as immoral, and shouldn't be considered unlawful IMO.

The guy was breaking into his house. Castle doctrine applies in south Australia, though I don't know if that's where this happened. The departed was no loss to humanity, and I'm still of the opinion that pot should be as legal as alcohol. Though maybe he should seek some help for substance dependency, the guy who shot didn't act in any way that I see as immoral, and shouldn't be considered unlawful IMO.
You obviously haven't read the article.

The men were breaking into a factory and he shot him with a scoped rifle from a second story window.

While it is in progress, who can say for certain whether a home invasion is merely burglary or something more?
Already established that it wasn't a home invasion. It was a factory, and judging from the man that apparently owned it, I'm guessing a cheeto factory. Which I suppose means they were, in fact, dangerously cheesy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Already established that it wasn't a home invasion. It was a factory, and judging from the man that apparently owned it, I'm guessing a cheeto factory. Which I suppose means they were, in fact, dangerously cheesy.
I thought we were discussing a philisophical point, however. You said "Death penalty for all burglary?" All burglary includes (indeed is predominantly) home invasions.

GasBandit

Staff member
Flip side of this coin... men break into 67 year old man's house, rob him, attempt to rape his 19 year old granddaughter.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_4f2e173a-ed15-5d00-8683-7c9dddedd3c5.html

The three intruders fled the scene in Kenneth's Cadillac after stealing the keys. Brandon Carver Stephens, 28, and Jamar Hawkins, 17, were taken into custody after going to a hospital in South Carolina to treat their gunshot wounds. Both criminals had to be airlifted to nearby trauma centers for emergency surgery. 20-year-old Jamie Faison was found dead inside the Cadillac, parked in front of his home, from multiple gunshot wounds. Kenneth Byrd (67) was struck multiple times while defending his famliy and was transported by helicopter to a local hospital. He is expected to make a complete recovery.