Export thread

Minor victory thread

Limit: 500

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

We have a thread for Epic wins. We have a thread for rants and minor rants. But unless my necro and search powers fail me I can't find a Minor victory thread akin to the minor rant thread.

So I'm making one.

My minor victory. After having a nasty virus on my PC (which included key loggers, root kits, and your general malware) I finally decided I didn't need windows on this PC anymore and have reinstalled Slackware.

It has taken me all morning to remember even what tiny bit I once knew but I am now operational with a new slackware install complete with wireless networking and opera installed.

Like I said, minor victory.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I had a tasty sandwich at Subway...

phil

phil

I'm debating between a baked potato or mom's spaghetti for lunch. Either way I win!

LordRavage

I made it through this Tuesday. Yes!

Philosopher B.

I just caught up on the last couple of Lost eps I missed so I could catch tonight's episode. Glee!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I went into a negativity spiral when I experienced some nasty, sudden writer's block this afternoon. But after going for a walk, I remembered that I'm absurd to think I'm an empty person with nothing interesting to say and got halfway through a new chapter. :) Yay! I still think it's still a bunch of mediocre silliness, but at least I am plowing forward.

General Specific

General Specific

I survived a Double Down sandwich and watching The Crawling Eye in the same night.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

After months and months of buying the beer for the apartment, my roomie finally bought a 12 pack himself. I am reaping the benefits.

Hylian

Hylian

I set a global high score on a game on Facebook!

I was bored so I started playing Jolls and I ended up getting the high score. Now I know it probably won't last long but still :biggrin:

http://apps.facebook.com/funflow/ga...=d16e84fe330d3500954be97918c6a35c&installed=1

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Cross post with the minor victory rant thread since it pretty much fits as both, but is not deserving of it's own thread.
.... maybe a blog, i should consider that somedays.

I recently took upon a couple of partners and a project to start a business. I'm currently in the process of trying to put together the webpage graphics and site design. I feel this has potential to be a big thing for me. It's also a fuck ton of work when for hopefully a future payoff when what I really need is pay right now. The website domain has been registered, the business paperwork should be filed tomorrow. I would be intimidated by the scope of this project if I wasn't so damned busy trying to make it happen. Which is a good thing, since if I had time to think about it I probably would talk myself out of it.

no I'm not sharing a lot of details about what this venture is right now, but I will be soon with luck.

-edit-

As a side note this is the first time I have designed a website and done the graphics work purely in linux (slackware) instead of having windows programs to fall back up. Also both a rant and a victory.

Shakey

Shakey

I have no skid marks on my underwear today. That is a good thing.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I have no skid marks on my underwear today. That is a good thing.
Good for you! I hope this is the start of a winning streak.

Wasabi Poptart

It's raining.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Picked up The Terminator, Terminator 2, Alien, and Aliens on the way home from the dentist this morning.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I just hustled a possum out of a doorway where it was sheltering from the rain, hissing at pedestrians. Got him shifted to a more arboreal location, where he can hiss at the bums. *wry smile*

David

David

Burned 200 calories today on one of those weird walk-cycle machines in the gym. Though promptly gained it back and then some by eating Del Taco.

I'm planning on hitting the gym earlier, hopefully it wont be as crowded and I can get away with using the good machines for more than 15 minutes.

EDIT: It was one of these
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/95xachieve_1

Cajungal

Cajungal

In the midst of all the shit this week has already thrown at me, I take a moment of solace in Zapp's sweet potato chips.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I like Zapp's crawfish chips more than I like crawfish... yum.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmmm, crawtators. Man you know what's good on a turkey sandwich? Gator tators.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

is that like cheeotos on a baloney sammich?

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, because you see, the turkey and the dill chips... they taste good. :smug:

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

It rained today (a serious rain, not the 12 drops they normally call rain around here).

David

David

The girl I have a crush on called me cute.

Rather, she called the picture of me at 3 years old cute, but I'll take what I can get.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I had a few beers whilst playing Warhammer 40k with a friend of mine tonight, and met his adorable Corgi Arwen. Good night, good night.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

My girlfriend and I will actually be able to spend some time together next week, as in more than a couple of hours a week.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Having the "Mini Forumites" thread right above this, I looked at this thread and read "Mini Vibrator Thread," is something wrong with me?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Having the "Mini Forumites" thread right above this, I looked at this thread and read "Mini Vibrator Thread," is something wrong with me?
**Paging Dr. Freud, paging Dr. Freud...**

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Your subconscious is trying to tell you what you secretly want to buy.

Element 117

every time I see the NFL tags, I read them as Milf

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

every time I see the NFL tags, I read them as Milf[/QUOTE]

Yes... but I don't need a mini vibrator and I would love a milf :)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

every time I see the NFL tags, I read them as Milf[/QUOTE]

Yes... but I don't need a mini vibrator and I would love a milf :)[/QUOTE]

The Milf might want a mini vibrator. You should get her one as a present.

phil

phil

I just had a really nice fart. I feel like a good amount of pressure was released. It wasn't stinky or one of those gross farts that you regret, but it was powerful. There was a force to it, is what I'm saying.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I just had a really nice fart. I feel like a good amount of pressure was released. It wasn't stinky or one of those gross farts that you regret, but it was powerful. There was a force to it, is what I'm saying.
Was it one of those farts where you can actually see and feel your stomach shrink? Those are the most satisfying! :awesome:

phil

phil

not exactly, but it was kind of like a good poop where you just feel like there's less in there and it's just a little bit cleansed.

Element 117

not exactly, but it was kind of like a good poop where you just feel like there's less in there and it's just a little bit cleansed.

Null

Null

Wow, you guys even scared the imported undead sex robot (which seems like it'd be a recurring character on Conan O'Brien)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Was it one of those farts where you can actually see and feel your stomach shrink? Those are the most satisfying! :awesome:[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I've had farts where it feels like my guts are a deflated balloon. It's kind of uncomfortable for a few moments.

phil

phil

Wow, you guys even scared the imported undead sex robot (which seems like it'd be a recurring character on Conan O'Brien)
I regret nothing and envy no man.

David

David

Some kid, butt-hurt by my opinion in one of my blog posts, just posted a "go to hell" comment on my website. My first troll, makes me feel like I've hit some kind of milestone in accomplishment :)

Math242

Math242

i finished second in a 40 people live poker tournament.

I'm still a bit miffed i didn't beat the last player but hell, before the tourney, all i wanted was to reach the last 9. I did well :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I bought new shoes yesterday!

I haven't been able to find my beloved white and black ones in stores for over a year, and I miss my slip on goodness.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do they go with your checkered hat? :p

Minor victory for me: When I came home for festival this weekend (after the Praxis) mom had some homemade chicken salad waiting for me. :) Ahhhh, home.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

you know the girl I've talked about sometimes? The one I went to the cinema with last friday? She came to sit next to me today at class.

Cajungal

Cajungal

awwwww :)

Gusto

Gusto

you know the girl I've talked about sometimes? The one I went to the cinema with last friday? She came to sit next to me today at class.
The deodorant worked!

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Gusto

Gusto

Now I feel bad. :(

Calleja

Calleja

Nah, it was pretty funny.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

But what about your smell? Is it better than mine?

Gusto

Gusto

But what about your smell?[/QUOTE]

I also smell bad. :(

It's not a good day for me.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

But what about your smell?[/QUOTE]

I also smell bad. :(

It's not a good day for me.[/QUOTE]

Smell friends!

kaykordeath

Not quite epic, but hopefully becomes more than minor...definitely hope for a victory-

TL;DR version-got a stray cat that had been out in the rain in the bushes for 2+ days some attention it seemed to need...

Sunday night, walking the dog, she pulls me off towards a fenced off area near the apartment building. Thinking nothing much of it, as a beagle, she's always sniffing out something to explore. Monday morning, rainy, same thing. This time, I look closer to see eyes looking back at me. A cat. Full grown, not a kitten. Seemed healthy enough, not distressed. Called my wife mid-day, as the rain kept coming down, and asked her to check on it. Was still there, she couldn't see if it was moving/breathing, but couldn't get close enough. So, I get home around 6ish, bring it a dish of food as close to her as I could get. She moved, she blinked, she meowed....but that was all....Checked back 2 hours later, the dish had filled with rain water, but food looked untouched. Poured the water out. Meanwhile, had tried calling Animal control at 4:30 and then again at 6:30, both times no answer. Line said to please hold. Office hours until 8. At 7:55, the line had flipped to “office is now closed.” At 10:30 was too dark to see if she was still there (and I didn’t bring a flashlight because I’m dumb).

Checked again this morning. She had moved to underneath a different bush, food looked almost entirely un-eaten…maybe a bite or two gone. Called animal control at 7:50, 7:55….open at 8, called at 8:02, on hold for 5 minutes, and then A HUMAN!!! Told them the situation..the lady didn’t inspire confidence….they can really only pick up sick or injured…told her cat was outside for almost 3 days, in cold rain, potentially pregnant, looked fed, but defiantly had the potential to not be well….they only have one driver in each borough but they were going to try.

Got off the train, had a voice mail from 8:45..they were there and can I come down and show them the cat. Called back, talked them through about 10 minutes finding it. She found the cat, was going to try to get her in hopes she didn’t run away.

So, here’s to hoping for the best….

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Do they go with your checkered hat? :p
No, actually. My hat is a much darker blue.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Steaks. Check.
Mashed potatoes (from a bag, but still). Check.
Quick-mix herbal sauce. Check.

Strawberries, whipped cream and rahka to make dessert. Check, check and check.

I'm gonna have such a nice meal tomorrow :)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Steaks. Check.
Mashed potatoes (from a bag, but still). Check.
Quick-mix herbal sauce. Check.

Strawberries, whipped cream and rahka to make dessert. Check, check and check.

I'm gonna have such a nice meal tomorrow :)
Don't forget to set your good ole necromancer a spot at the table.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Rahka? Was ist das?

Minor Win: observed a pickup last night driving suspiciously. As I slowed to see what I could find to pull him over for (no tag light), he decided to try and take off on me. Ran off the road and ran over a mailbox, all before I had a chance to light him up. Got him a block later, slowing down and acting nonchalant... til he stopped in the darkest area of the street where I couldn't see what he was doing. Repeated commands over the PA for him to drive forward to the next streetlight were not followed, so I started calculating how I could shoot through the windshield whilst using the engine block for cover, if necessary. Finally, he listened to "If you don't pull forward to the streetlight, this night will NOT end well for you."

I love it when they listen to sweet reason.

In addition to the 4 citations (including driving whilst suspended - d'oh! ) he had 3 warrants. Oopsie!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Rahka? Was ist das?
That's a bit hard to explain... basically it's curdled milk in semi-solid form, kinda like really thick yoghurt. The closest English equivalent I could find was 'curd', but I'm not sure if that's exactly the same.

I know it sounds a little strange, but if you think about it, your basic cheese is just milk that's gone slightly bad :p But when you mix rahka with whipped cream, a little sugar and berries (I prefer strawberries), you get a really delicious dessert:

What's especially good for yours truly is that it has very little calories. Of course depending on how much sugar you use to off-set the mild sourness of the rahka ;)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... Actually, that sounds pretty bitchin! Indeed, save a place for me, Suomi-san!

I think there's an equivalent product over here, but right now, my brain fails me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmmmmm

Null

Null

Minor victories: finished 2nd round of finished edits on Albion Armitage's Astounding Arsenal, it should be ready for release very soon. Finished the 18 assigned monsters for the Tome of Monsters.

Beginning work on Mangled Stare GN, and working out 2nd adventure module: Heart of Stone.

klew

klew

After 15 months here, I found a decent quality sandwich for a decent price, and it's a pre-made one in the deli section of a grocery store.

David

David

Just finished my programming midterm, with a few moments to spare since it had to be submitted before midnight. Got a few questions wrong, but I'm happy to have it done and be slowly catching back up (I'm still a bit behind in the class)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So I went to a video rental store closing today and came back with a massive haul for less than $50:

in case: King of Fighters XII (new)
Top Left to Right: DMC3, DMC2, GTA: Vice City Stories, GTA: Liberty City Stories
Bottom Left to Right: SFIV, Prototype, Incredible Hulk, RE5

I'm gonna have games to play for months!

Null

Null

Nice haul, Sheki!

Hylian

Hylian

Nice haul, Sheki!

↑ this :thumbsup:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I called comcast tech support to try to decipher the logs on my cable modem that the documentation couldn't. In the process of the call the tech noticed my signal wasn't what it should be, and that they'd have someone out to look at it the next day (today).

I hadn't even noticed a problem. Thanks! :)

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

2 Minor victories recently, got my CCW permit and make it to work and back alive everyday on this:

Cwazy dwivers...be verwy verwy loud or they won't see me.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I have sharp knives!

A few months ago we finally got a honing steel, after foolishly doing without for decades. Now every time I'm chopping something I grin because our knives are now nice and sharp.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Danced with a lovely, funny 19-year-old future kindergarten teacher today at a terrace restaurant. Latino rhythms, but we waltzed, because that was the only dance either of us knew ;) I haven't danced like that in years, but despite having two left feet she told me she had not had such fun in a long time, and was glad I asked her to dance.

When we were walking back home (me, her and two friends) the two women in our company got hassled by a fifty-something drunk woman who had been giving a public blowjob. I stepped in and gave my best "back off or else" posture, the drunk woman stepping away. She apparently didn't want to hassle with someone who was 6' tall, bearded and built like a brick shithouse ;) The girl with whom I had danced thanked me for stepping in later on.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

The Zoidberg in Hylian's siggy is perfectly in sync with Rehab by Amy Winehouse

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So my "problem" with my cable internet wasn't really a problem after all. My signal is about as good as it can be.

It's a different problem. Those meddling kids, also known as college students. There's too many of them for the system to handle reliably. Oversaturation is the technical term. So for a fix all I have to do is wait a week or so. Finals will be over and the internet-hogging, traffic-jamming, parking space-stealing little bastards will all be gone for the summer.

Hylian

Hylian

So here is my minor victory.

To thank us for doing a good job with a recent issue at work my boss took us all out to lunch today and gave us a $5 gift card to Starbucks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, that's nice. :)

Element 117

To thank us for doing a good job with a recent issue at work my boss took us all out to lunch today and gave us a $5 gift card to Starbucks.
That's like, 1 drink. maybe. Enjoy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I went swimming today. Warm day in the low 90s, cool water but not too cold. Summer is here and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible before I get sick of it.

Hylian

Hylian

That's like, 1 drink. maybe. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I don't even drink coffee so I probably will just give it to my mom as part of her mothers day gift

Null

Null

Minor victories in progress: the AAAA project I've been working on for 4 Winds is finally in layout after 4 rounds of edits and alterations. The graphic novel I'm working on with Will is up to pages 16 and 17 being blue-lined. I've scripted through page 25 out of 100. His tablet's broke, so I've got a few days to kick out another 25 pages of finished script.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm sitting here on what was sent out as a Fire call... the rain here knocked a LARGE tree branch across some power lines. There is no actual fire, but there is enough tension on the lines that we're (myself and the volunteer fireman who responded) concerned about a line falling across the roadway, so we've blocked off the road whilst waiting for Georgia Power representatives to respond.

This means that I get to sit here, in my nice dry car, with free internet, not responding to calls, whilst others are out working in this lake with vertical slits cut into it.

If I had some chow, this would be pushing epic win proportions. *grins*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fresh goat milk! And prune juice on sale at the grocery store! Dare I buy a lottery ticket on so lucky a day!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

So, there's this guy on facebook who friended me because I was a musician friend of a friend. OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS STATUS UPDATES OF TODAY!!!

note the time stamp...

Look, facebook is a (or was, I guess) a social network.... I believe in free speech, but he's getting on mah nerves. So my minor victory?

Yea... it's not much, and it would be easier to unfriend, but I've been itching to use this link somewhere :smug:

Fun Size

Fun Size

Having gotten dangerously close to mother's day without coming up with a decent gift for my wife, I discovered a gift certificate that I am nearly sure cannot fail.

Now, I have less than a month to deal with that pesky fifteenth anniversary gift...

makare

My first year of law school is now completed.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Uninstalled WoW. Got 20gb of my hard drive back and am not feeling any kind of "oh but I might want to play again." Guess not playing at all for 3 weeks has its benefits.

Null

Null

I got another writing gig from 4WFG. It's not too large - 5000 to 10,000 words - but it'll be a couple hundred dollars and I've got until the end of July to work on it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh coffee. Coffee and finishing my finals as quick as I can so that I can start enjoying my 2 week break, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

My computer's back from maintenance. The motherboard was fried and had to be changed, but none of the drives were damaged. Yay! :)

Plus, the warranty was still valid so this cost me nothing.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

After the new tax on cigarettes they passed here in WA (now bringing the cost to nearly $9.00 a pack) I decided there was no way I was going to be paying that much to keep up the habit.

My victory: I slapped a patch on this morning and haven't killed anyone.... yet.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The day is still young, Necromancer... :twisted:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, smoking AND drinking. Hats off, tentacled-one. Good luck to you. :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Got a nice haircut today.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Got a nice haircut today.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's the little things that make a guy awesome. I called the fella back after missing him at work. He answers, "ALLO? WHO EES EET!?" In John Cleese's French voice. :laugh:

I love ya, Jake. :) (I told him too.)

Hylian

Hylian

Well I managed to just about finish some stuff at work that I have been horribly behind in. So now I just need to finish a few more things and I will be all caught up with my work.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Took a first aid course w/ class C - CPR training. Passed the test easily. ::gloat::

Null

Null

Got mentioned twice by Ryan Costello Jr. on 3.5 Private Sanctuary's podcast #121, this week.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Hylian

Hylian

The Hollywood Video by my house is going out of business and I managed to get quite a few good games from them.

RPG Maker 3
Tales of Legendia
Sonic Riders
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Pac-Man Fever
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Suikoden IV
Wild Arms 3

Altogether I only spent about $17.

They said they would be getting more games over the next few days so I will be going back there later to try and score some more games :)

----------------------------------------------

I went back today and scored some more games

Zone of the Enders
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Ape Escape 2
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Colosseum: Road to Freedom
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

And I only spent about $14 altogether :)

Dave

Dave

My son made it to the age of 19 and I haven't killed him and hidden the body.

But of course the day isn't over yet.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I finished my last class EVAR!!! No more lectures, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!! AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHH!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!

Just need to pass my qualifying and get another paper published, and you all will call me Dr. drawn_inward!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, that sounds more like an epic win to me. I posted a measly semester over in that thread, not even my last one! :laugh:

Good luck getting that paper published. :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So I got my marks back for the past term.
A+ Animation Production
A Layout and Production
A+ Stroryboarding: Project Development
A Life Drawing: Exploring Character and Costume
A Music: Structure and Culture
C+ Digital Methods: Rigging and Setup

And that is why its in Minor victory, and not Epic Win. No idea how I let my 3d (Rigging) mark slip so much. I didn't check with my teacher on the final assignment, but every other assignment I did and I shouldn't have gotten anything lower than a B+ on any of them. So I must have royally messed up my face rig assignment.

That's the lowest mark I've gotten since grade 9 French, and possibly lower. I don't know, since High school grading was not alpha grades. Anyway, overall its still a good outcome, just not as good as usual. I've still got a decent GPA. I think. I don't really know how that works.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That's like, 1 drink. maybe. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I made completely from scratch (with flour and all that) blueberry pancakes for my wife today, it turned out great. I made non-blueberry for myself because blueberry's are gross

Dusty668

I won a costume code for one of my playing accounts on a trivia contest! Whee!

Element 117

That's like, 1 drink. maybe. Enjoy.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

you're a walking ad for a company I hold stock in. I love you :)

Null

Null

Extremely minor victory - after weeding, cut some rhubarb from the garden, made a crisp with it. So very tasty.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Got four nice films for €15 :) Clerks II, Diary of the Dead, The Last Legion and One Bridge Too Far.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I just wrote and mailed a check for fifty dollars.

That's the last of the fees and applications to complete the gambit of business licenses, tax ids, etc etc.

Null

Null

Took apart, repaired (drive belt had come off the wheel) and reassembled our upright vacuum cleaner. Changed the bag, now it works like a charm.

Gusto

Gusto

I just came in from tanning on the deck. It is 35 fucking degrees outside. Hard to believe we had snowy weather like 10 days ago.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Wow, that sounds more like an epic win to me. I posted a measly semester over in that thread, not even my last one! :laugh:

Good luck getting that paper published. :)
I didn't realize there were still two thread for victories. I shall post in both henceforth!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just came in from tanning on the deck. It is 35 fucking degrees outside. Hard to believe we had snowy weather like 10 days ago.
35 degrees here in nearly snowy weather... :)

Gusto

Gusto

35 C = 95 F

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mom sent me home with a Barnes and Noble card she said she didn't really want. She said it was so old she had no idea what was left on it. I called in... fifty bucks! She didn't use ANY of it! SCORE!

Philosopher B.

Sweet! Any idea whatcha gonna get? :)

Calleja

Calleja

35 degrees here in nearly snowy weather... :)[/QUOTE]

He's using real people degrees.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not sure. I usually just wander in, flip through a few things, and buy whichever had the most intriguing first chapter or two. I used to have a list of stuff to read, but I can't find it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

THIS IS MURRICA WE DON NEED NO MATTRESS SYSTEM OR THEM SELLSYUS.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I knocked my laptop onto a wood floor last night but, apparently, nothing got damaged. The hinge popped out of place, and some of the frame around the screen, but it all clicked back into place and seems to be fine.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

After it was rejected and sent back once, I finally got my passport today, which actually gives me enough time to go and get my Chinese Work Visa before the deadline too. My co-op in China seems so much more real now. I can't wait!

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

35 C = 95 F
pffft, Farrenheit. Makes no sense to me. My dad still uses it most of the time, and although I've started to get kind of a rough idea of what that crazy system works out to, he still just gets a blank stare from me until he switches it up to Celsius.

evilmike

evilmike

I watched the Space Shuttle fly over for more than a minute this morning. Does that count?

Necronic

Necronic

I was able to finish my work in time yesterday so I could take the next 3 days off. Hello 6 day staycation/fuck off time. Haven't done this in 6 years.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Today I skipped class to work on a cartoon. The girl I like just texted me "Missed u 2day 'cuz nobody talked 2 me about robots n cyberspace... :("

I don't even care she used numbers instead of letters. ^___^

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'aww :)

My minor victory is that, because I went to bed at 8:30 last night, I got to sleep for 10 hours. I feel rested for the first time in 3 weeks. Ahhhhh, no afternoon drag. It's making work much more pleasant.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Sipping on homemade blueberry soda. Yum.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Went to the beach, swam my heart out. Had a BBQ and now some brews. Today was an excellent day.

Cajungal

Cajungal

About to start The True History of the Elephant Man. Hope it's good. :)

Element 117

The Battle of little Bighorn.

What? It counts

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Today I skipped class to work on a cartoon. The girl I like just texted me "Missed u 2day 'cuz nobody talked 2 me about robots n cyberspace... :("

I don't even care she used numbers instead of letters. ^___^
Today she told me that, now that she is burning me Dvds of Battlestar Galactica, she is watching the series again... but she'll stop before watching the final episodes because she wants to watch them with me.

Null

Null

Makes me wonder what a thread on pyrrhic victories would be like.

Shakey

Shakey

I was feeling pretty shitty today. Very down about everything. So I went and picked up a steak before heading home. Fired up the grill, and went and picked some asparagus from behind the house. I had steak and asparagus on the grill with some fresh horseradish on the side that my mom just made. Funny how a simple meal like that can make you feel so much better.

makare

I didn't have to kill a rattlesnake today because when as I left to get the stuff to kill it I told it, "if you know what's good for you you wont be here when I get back". When I got there it was gone. That makes me very happy. I don't want to kill anything.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Having gotten fed up with groupthink Facebook statuses (statii?), I just changes mine to this:

I'm an American, through and through, and personally, I feel that eating babies is totally wrong. REPOST THIS IF YOU ALSO BELIEVE THAT MAYBE EATING BABIES IS NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA. How many people will not repost this immediately, thus proving themselves to be America-hating baby eaters?
It's these little things that keep me somewhat sane.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Having gotten fed up with groupthink Facebook statuses (statii?), I just changes mine to this:

I'm an American, through and through, and personally, I feel that eating babies is totally wrong. REPOST THIS IF YOU ALSO BELIEVE THAT MAYBE EATING BABIES IS NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA. How many people will not repost this immediately, thus proving themselves to be America-hating baby eaters?
Oh, man I hate those too. It's obnoxious when people post those things... and they always have this language that tries to guilt people into reposting. "93% of people don't love Jesus enough to repost!"

Wasabi Poptart

It's going in as my status message RIGHT NOW!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I was reading through some of the locked threads in Hall of Fame/Shame and having myself a laugh. I think it's a minor victory for everyone in the forum that they're not a certain someone. There is such incredible angry stupidity dwelling in that bottom area of the main forum page, long forgotten, but when you look at it, you feel triumphant, even though you haven't done anything but read that garbage of that person's posts. I was just scrolling through curiously, when titles spawned the thought: "I sense win here." And there was.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

My usual car, which has been having engine/AC problems for several weeks, apparently got dinged on one of my days off. They sent it to the shop to get looked at, and then they fixed the AC AND the acceleration issues.

Ahhhh... sweet sweet cool, dry air at 90 mph. Life is good.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I was reading through some of the locked threads in Hall of Fame/Shame and having myself a laugh. I think it's a minor victory for everyone in the forum that they're not a certain someone. There is such incredible angry stupidity dwelling in that bottom area of the main forum page, long forgotten, but when you look at it, you feel triumphant, even though you haven't done anything but read that garbage of that person's posts. I was just scrolling through curiously, when titles spawned the thought: "I sense win here." And there was.
I feel it's a minor victory to either be the person you are referring to, since you are after all referring to me, or it's a minor victory to NOT be the person you are referring to. I'm not entirely sure which one is correct, but it's a minor victory one way or another.

Calleja

Calleja

I thought he meant Mav :paranoid:

Null

Null

I thought he meant Mav :paranoid:
I consider it a sort of victory to not be Mav, sure enough.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wow, it was that easy, huh? I didn't even refer to events or anything.

makare

Of all the annoying people in those threads the answer is Mav?

that wouldnt be who I'd pick....

Matt²

Went to repair 1 of 3 monitors yesterday. One remained broken. Curiosity (and sheer boredom on a slow day) piqued me to re-disassemble it today and I discovered one of the capacitors I had soldered in was oriented backwards. Took it out, resoldered into the correct position, and now working beautifully. Best of all, it didn't explode!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I figured you meant him...

Calleja

Calleja

Ha, I knew it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Changed my mind about posting this publically, checkered, check your PMS.

EDIT again: PMs.

makare

I guess there is always that group of people who think shooting fish in a barrel is good sport.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's more beating a dead horse... until another incident occurs.

Oh, look at them Lost threads...

Wasabi Poptart

Anyone want some overcooked steak? :rolleyes:

makare

Anyone want some overcooked steak? :rolleyes:

are you making fuhjytas?

Wasabi Poptart

No, I'm makin' steak kaysuhdillas.

Null

Null

My fajitas were NOT overcooked! :angry:

Gusto

Gusto

Flirted with some taken women again, y'know, like I do.

Matt²

Got a phone number! Called! Talked! Had a good conversation!

Null

Null

Good deal.

makare

so you say.

Wasabi Poptart

so you say.[/QUOTE]

They were just a bit chewy. I'm still gnawing on a bite I took 2 days ago.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Hopefully filled with delicious cheddar.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My short has finally been publidhed on the contest site!

Now we need to get voted... But in a few hours, we've already got 100 votes.

Of course, other shorts have more than 7.000 ...

EDIT: Linky, if you get inspired :p ( http://www.nikodemo.tv/concurso.php?pag=8&id=12074 )

Calleja

Calleja

I didn't find where I could vote for yours. Is voting open to the public?

Necronic

Necronic

had 2 dates this weekend. Kind of happy about that.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I didn't find where I could vote for yours. Is voting open to the public?
yup, it is! It's just the star rating system thing, down on the left... Not very professional, especially considering dinamic IPs and such, but still.

Was it at least kind of not terrible?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I've FINALLY drawn a picture of my D&D character that I am happy with! Of course, that will only last until I notice how badly I messed up the foreshortening. That should probably take me a few days though, so for now I'm happy with it!

Necronic

Necronic

Sweet, just sold a desk and a couch.

Happy times.

Zarvox

So I'm working on a fan-made 4th edition D&D module for the Dragonlance Nexus (dlnexus.com). Today, I finished playtesting (everyone loved it). Now it enters the editing, layout, and art phase. I was curious to see how much I'd written (I didn't know, since I store different parts in different .rtf documents), so I pasted all my writing into a word document and pressed 'double-space'. 250 pages.

Null

Null

So I'm working on a fan-made 4th edition D&D module for the Dragonlance Nexus (dlnexus.com). Today, I finished playtesting (everyone loved it). Now it enters the editing, layout, and art phase. I was curious to see how much I'd written (I didn't know, since I store different parts in different .rtf documents), so I pasted all my writing into a word document and pressed 'double-space'. 250 pages.
That's a big module. Even reducing to 2/3 (spacing in a finished print product is usually a bit tighter) that's still gonna be around 170+.

Yeah, I was surprised when my PFRPG module topped 70 pages, but the print version will be around 50, including art and maps. It got great reviews from the players at MisCon 24 this weekend, so hopefully it will sell nicely.

evilmike

evilmike

Do centuries count as minor victories? :)

Biardo

I'm free, did my last exam ever on Saturday and been partying ever since

now if I would only have my masters thesis magically made for me I would be one happy man

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

^_^ Voting time doesn't finally end today, but a week from today.

And, in a little more than a day, we got more than 900 points!

Matt²

My posts are now officially evil... until I post once more.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Finally he hung up.

Hylian

Hylian

Went to the casino on Monday and played the penny slots and I managed to break even. I was ahead about $30 but I decided to keep playing and ended up breaking even. But still breaking even is better than coming out behind.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hylian, I had no idea you were a 65-year-old woman. Did you enjoy gumming the lukewarm buffet mashed potatoes afterwards? :awesome:

Hylian

Hylian

Jealous? :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm a craps gal myself, on those rare occasions when I partake in games of chance.

Dave

Dave

I crap myself.
Removing 6 letters changes the message entirely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I crap myself.
Removing 6 letters changes the message entirely.[/QUOTE]

When I won 75 bucks last time, I nearly DID crap myself. I'll probably never do that again. :p

fade

fade

I got summer salary. I didn't think I would have any this year, but I do. Go me.

phil

phil

By adding one song, ONE SINGLE SONG, I have perfected my playlist.

If you'll excuse me I'll be in awesome jams county.

Hylian

Hylian

I just got a 1 year subscription to the following magazines

Nintendo Power
PlayStation: The Official Magazine
Official Xbox Magazine [with DVD]

altogether it only cost me $15 :)

Wasabi Poptart

I finally got a video to upload to YouTube. YAY!

Cajungal

Cajungal

You've been having trouble, too? That website sucks lately. What didja upload?

Wasabi Poptart

Actually, then trouble has been with my camera's software. So I gave up on that and went the long way around (upload from camera to laptop then to YouTube instead of uploading directly from the camera). It's the video of my kids laughing that I posted on FB last night.

Null

Null

I didn't even know there still was a Nintendo Power.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I finally got a job

Null

Null

Good to hear.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Sweet, congrats dude.

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats CS :thumbsup:

Fun Size

Fun Size

Seriously, congratulations. Now just don't get fired for squandering your time at work online all day like these fools.

Wait...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congrats! :)

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well I'm going to be a railroad switchman, don't think I'll have much time in front of a computer lol

Null

Null

Wow, a job where you could literally be asleep at the switch.

Morphine

Morphine

They just asked me to record my voice saying some scripts for the company's invoice, it felt nice, I guess they like my voice. I feel all important-ish and stuff n_n

Null

Null

Well, if your voice is as pleasant as the rest of you seems to be, I'm not surprised.

Gusto

Gusto

pyew pyew THUNDERSTORM

Calleja

Calleja

Well, if your voice is as pleasant as the rest of you seems to be, I'm not surprised.
Sure, she sounds kinda like Fran Drescher.

Dave

Dave

Sure, she sounds kinda like Fran Drescher.[/QUOTE]

Ever hear Fran Drescher out of character?

And when she was on The Nanny she was smoking hot.

Morphine

Morphine

No I don't ¬¬

Although I think it wasn't really about how pleasant or nice my voice is, I'm thinking it had more to do with pronounciation, I don't really have an accent.
Whatever, thousands of people from 4 different countries will hear my voice everyday when they call and THAT is pretty cool n_n

makare

This isn't really a victory but it kind of made my day, one of the guys who came through to get a camp sticker had the little black lab puppy on his lap. It was sooo cute I just want to take it home. It also made me a little sad remembering when Venus, my chocolate lab, wasn't the big hippo she is now. Mem-ries....

Calleja

Calleja

I wish puppies stayed puppies forever. And kittens too. All baby animals should stay babies forever. Including humans!! Babies are awesome. Grown ups suck.

Chazwozel

This isn't really a victory but it kind of made my day, one of the guys who came through to get a camp sticker had the little black lab puppy on his lap. It was sooo cute I just want to take it home. It also made me a little sad remembering when Venus, my chocolate lab, wasn't the big hippo she is now. Mem-ries....

It probably had worms.

It gave you worms.

You have worms.

makare

I don't know. I miss Venus as a puppy, she loved to fetch (how odd!) but she was tiny and she would run off and try to fetch gigantic logs. It was sooo cute. But now that is big she is fun to cuddle with because she puts her paws around you while she sleeps. Of all our dogs Venus and I get along the least, mostly because we are the most alike. We are both lazy, bitchy and conceited. But we do both enjoy cuddling. I do wish they would live for longer. She and Millie, our first two, are getting pretty old. It breaks my heart.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

At least she doesn't have a mullet.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah... after my first dog died I almost swore off ever having a pet again, it hurt so bad. But the time, however short, you have with them really is worth it. Plus my life philosophy is now in the carpe diem side of things so it'd be stupid to swear pets off because I'm afraid of when they die.

Besides, Abbey my cat will live forever. FOREVER I TELL YOU!

makare

I'm still mourning Evil, my cat. It's been pretty bad the last few days. I whistle alot around the house and Evil used to always come running when he heard me whistling. Now I whistle and no one comes. It's sad.

Morphine

Morphine

My Garrafa is getting surgery next month. It's supposedly not that risky, but I can't help to ponder upon the possibilities sometimes.
She has made my life so much better since she's with me. She sees me as her one and only, even though my brother and sister also take care of her and love her, we have a different connection, I truly love her. The feeling that I get everyday when I come home and she runs towards me all crazy and excited is most of the times the highlight of my day. She's the best thing ever.

makare

Pets make life better i think. Mine are an endless source of joy... and poo.

Calleja

Calleja

We humans are strange animals, getting so attached to some species but not giving half a shit for others.

I'm just musing.... but yeah.

Philosopher B.

Besides, Abbey my cat will live forever. FOREVER I TELL YOU!
Hey, woah, my cat's immortal, too! There can be only one.

makare

That's true but I am generally affectionate towards animals. Due to a major err on my part all my fish were eaten by one fish. I cried for a long time. As a kid i cried when the pigs and cows (each of which i had lovingly named) were butchered. I cry when I hit a turtle on the road. Im kind of a pussy when it comes to animals.

Calleja

Calleja

You're ok with eating cows, though, right? (I'm really asking, I don't know if you're a vegetarian or not)

makare

I am but I feel hypocritical about it. But if I was against it I would be really hypocritical since a lot of my family makes money from cattle raising.

DAMN this emotional turmoil.

Calleja

Calleja

See? That's what I'm saying.. it's all so arbitrary. We're so weird.

Humans I mean.

You and me too, though.

makare

I do love the cows though.... and sheep forget about it! I squee until I pee.

im wary of goats now after i saw this video.... it was a goat... poor poor goat and an old lady and two men..... *weeps*

klew

klew

I finally went swimming in Bermuda, after 16.5 months here - a bit of night snorkeling with bioluminescent plankton, the kind that phosphoresce when you agitate the water.

Morphine

Morphine

It's not that weird.

Dogs and cats are for starters visually pleasant. Then, any emotional connection comes from feeling cared for, loved, relating to someone/something, compatibility, etc, etc.

I don't know about you guys but I've never felt any of that for roaches or cows or praying mantises and it's quite obvious why.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man that is so awesome, you have no idea how much I envy you right now... imagine seeing that from way below the surface while scuba diving... it's so surreal, looking up and seeing the water light up.

It's been so long since I've been Scuba diving that my PADI permit is now technically invalid until I take a refresher course. sigh. I miss it so much.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

It's not that weird.

Dogs and cats are for starters visually pleasant. Then, any emotional connection comes from feeling cared for, loved, relating to someone/something, compatibility, etc, etc.

I don't know about you guys but I've never felt any of that for roaches or cows or praying mantises and it's quite obvious why.
lol.. you really must argue with EVERY SINGLE THING i say, don't you? Yes, I know there are reasons if you look into it... that wasn't my point, I was just musing at a detached level.

makare

I guess that makes sense because I have cared for a cow.

Morphine

Morphine

I guess that makes sense because I have cared for a cow.
yeah, well, when I think about it, cows are visually pleasant... even if they're stupid.

Calleja

Calleja

They're smarter than horses, though, and people grow VERY attached to horses.

I'm not gonna say "weird" again, though, cause you'll snark it back at me with something ¬¬

Chazwozel

Pets make life better i think. Mine are an endless source of joy... and poo.

My dog takes a crap about six times a day. I'd like to give him better dog food with less corn and filler, but eh...

Morphine

Morphine

It's not that weird.

lol.. you really must argue with EVERY SINGLE THING i say, don't you? Yes, I know there are reasons if you look into it... that wasn't my point, I was just musing at a detached level.[/QUOTE]

This time I really wasn't arguing, I was just saying what I thought, that's it you little tlaquepaque jar.

Calleja

Calleja

my first dog used to eat his own crap... even when my dad got ahead of him and poured enough hot salsa over it to fluster (see what I did there?) a sumo.

When we asked the vet about it he said something akin to "oh, that's cause Eukanuba (the brand of dog food Konan ate) is such a quality product he can eat it twice!!"

Yes the vet was also an Eukanuba salesman. Yes we switched vets pretty fast after that.

Morphine

Morphine

my first dog used to eat his own crap... even when my dad got ahead of him and poured enough hot salsa over it to fluster (see what I did there?) a sumo.

When we asked the vet about it he said something akin to "oh, that's cause Eukanuba (the brand of dog food Konan ate) is such a quality product he can eat it twice!!"

Yes the vet was also an Eukanuba salesman. Yes we switched vets pretty fast after that.

hahahaha OMG he really said that?!
it's exactly the opposite reason!
man, I hate vets more everyday, they never agree on anything and if you don't know at least a few basics about your animal you never know who's right and who's an asshole u_u

Chazwozel

The vet tried to get me to buy some Eukanuba food since I told him about my dog shitting all the time. It's like 50 bucks for a 20 lb bag. I can buy Dog Chow for liek 20 bucks for a 50 lbs bag. Fucking dog food...

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, it was our first dog we really pampered it with expensive shit.

The rest of our dogs got regularly priced food and were just as happy.

makare

I switched to expensive cat food because one of my cats had a digestive problem. It ended up making the OTHER cat sick. She was so miserable. We switched back.

General Specific

General Specific

I went to Heroes Con in Charlotte today. Met & bought stuff from Erica Moen of DAR (NSFW! And she looks exactly like you'd expect from her comic self) and Chris Hastings of Dr. McNinja. Met Brad Guigar of Evil Inc., but was out of money and ATM was broken by the time I found him. Also, looked through the works of a number of other artists like Frank Cho, Adam Hughes, and Greg Horn. It was a fun time. :D

Null

Null

Good deal, Gen.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good Monday so far. Although he had to cancel our first class, I learned that one of my professors this summer is one of my favorite teachers from last semester. He's the nice old man who smokes a pipe and told me a lot of stories about WWII and his old jazz combos. I love him and want him to be my adopted grandpa!

Also, I haven't torn my bangs out in over 2 weeks. It's a bad habit of mine. When I'm stressed, I tie my bangs into knots and tear the knots out, leaving me with little bald spots on my hairline. Jake challenged me not to as part of our anniversary celebration (Monthly challenges to try new things or else owe the other person dinner. This month he's doing yoga and I'm trying to break myself of a lifelong habit). So, thanks Jake, for helping me grow my hair back. It's starting to feel soft again, too, instead of all frayed. ^_^

I just enjoyed a very tasty cup of coffee, too.

Finally, I love my summer schedule. I don't have class until later in the morning, which gives me plenty of time to exercise before class and work. It really frees up my evenings, and I prefer to work out in the morning anyway.

Krisken

Krisken

My kitties medicine showed up. Now I can control his disease again and the awful ulcers that form on his lips will recede. The poor little guy :(

makare

That's great krisken.

Also, cats have lips!?

what the hey?

Krisken

Krisken

Not my kitty, but it shows what the ulcer looks like. It forms on the upper lips and can form on the cats throat. It also gets aggravated by the cats tongue.

makare

WHY GOD WHY!?

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, now you know! That's not the worst, either. If he goes too long without medicine, he'll chew his toes to bleeding, along with the backs of his legs. He'll lose patches of hair on the backs of his legs where he chewed and scratch above his eyes so bad the brow gets cut up.

It would be like being covered all over with itching powder or mosquito bites. Just a constant itching.

makare

Im glad my kittehs are healthy. I hope yours reacts quickly to the meds again.

Krisken

Krisken

Me too! I figure a week and the ulcer will start receding and his toes and hind leg will start healing again.

Null

Null

It's been five months since I gave up ice cream, and almost 2 months since I stopped drinking cola/soft drinks. I'm starting to be able to tell a difference in how things feel, and have gone in a notch on my belt.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm down to 2 12 oz cans of soda myself. Which is quite a cut from 3 20oz bottles a day.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's been five months since I gave up ice cream, and almost 2 months since I stopped drinking cola/soft drinks. I'm starting to be able to tell a difference in how things feel, and have gone in a notch on my belt.
Aces. :thumbsup: Congrats!

Null

Null

Thanks. Losing weight the old fashioned way - eating less junk food.

Krisken

Krisken

Man, I'm glad I'm a rail thin guy. I'd hate to have to eat less junk food.

Cajungal

Cajungal

'Guess I wasted money on this tapeworm and Hollywood 48-hour diet juice. :p

No, but really, I'm totally with you. Small changes in diet have yielded great rewards for me as well. Hope it keeps on workin for you. :)

Null

Null

Well, I could keep eating it, but I don't want to die from diabetes and heart failure before I'm 40. You've probably got a lot more wiggle room in your health. I let mine get real bad and I'm paying for it, trying to fix it now but it's a slow process.

Krisken

Krisken

I wish you luck, Null. I can understand how hard it is to give up that stuff. I hope to be off soft drinks soon (but man, do I hate just drinking water).

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wise decision. I got really fat 4 or so years ago from rich culinary school food, burgers, and soda. Diabetes is all over my family; that was part of what contributed to my decision to turn it around. Also there was my inability to walk that far without my knees and ankles throbbing. :\ It's more fulfilling being able to do fun, active things like rock climb, hike, jog, and just walk around town for hours if I want to than to eat whatever I want.

Calleja

Calleja

I was a fat kid until I realized you DON'T have to eat until you're stuffed, just until you're no longer hungry. Now I never stuff myself (unless it's a particularly strong case of the munchies :paranoid:), still eat whatever the hell I want, and I'm always in my "ideal weight" bracket.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's generally my plan. But I've also made sure to eat certain things very rarely. I had ice cream and pizza this past weekend. I never do that, but I sure as hell enjoyed it ... moderately. :p

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Minor Victory:

Finally, after almost two years of applying for jobs and sending out resumes I have a job interview tomorrow. This comes at a time when I'm about to start school again in 3 weeks and that will be severely altered if I get this job. I have my own business (with partners) that I am trying to get off the ground but is more and more looking like it will be a time before it does. And I'm shit ass broke, savings depleted, and may barely be able to scrap together rent for next month, never mind every other bill. So despite the downfalls of taking said job (which even at it's best might almost barely cover my monthly debt and expenses) I will take it most happily.

Calleja

Calleja

You know what's a great way to save money too, TN? Not buying booze :biggrin:

(see me all being a good influence and looking out for you and shit? You don't deserve me)

Cajungal

Cajungal

None of us do, Fernando. None of us do.

Hylian

Hylian

Just finished up getting the internal audit done at work! We passed with practically no issues at all. The only issue we did have was not our fault so no real big deal there. And on another point of victory for the day I got a free lunch! And it was quite a good lunch actually (ribs,brauts,coleslaw,etc)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I was offered the job within five minutes of my interview today pending all the formalities of course, background check, wiz quiz and etc which I'm not worried about.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Woohoo! My friend Kali's comin over tonight and we're gonna crack open her Sopranos cookbook. Which, I guess, means cooking Italian and then sleeping with a therapist/killing someone? I dunno, I never watched the show.

Necronic

Necronic

I was just sitting at my desk at work waiting for my computer to reboot (10 minutes wohhooo!) and was reading the opening passages of a book called QED by Richard Feynmen, which got me daydreaming about gravity and entropy, and whether or not you could unify gravity by defining it as an entropically driven force.

So I get on the computer, and I google it. Major paper in Jan 2010, "Entropic Gravity", which I think is on the same concept

http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.0785

Which is kind of cool. I'm no physicist, frankly I suck at high end physics, and the whole concept of "entropic force" seems to be getting the same respect as String Theory. So it's not big thing, but it's still cool.

Terrik

Terrik

I just ordered a new Alienware m15x. Thanks to Pathorm for answering a lot of my questions and giving advice :)

MY specs are:
Intel® Core™ i7-620M 2.66GHz (3.33Ghz Turbo Mode, 4M cache)
1GB ATI Radeon™ Mobility HD 5850
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
500GB SATAII 7,200RPM

It should be able to run most things I throw at it I think

fade

fade

I was just sitting at my desk at work waiting for my computer to reboot (10 minutes wohhooo!) and was reading the opening passages of a book called QED by Richard Feynmen, which got me daydreaming about gravity and entropy, and whether or not you could unify gravity by defining it as an entropically driven force.

So I get on the computer, and I google it. Major paper in Jan 2010, "Entropic Gravity", which I think is on the same concept

http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.0785

Which is kind of cool. I'm no physicist, frankly I suck at high end physics, and the whole concept of "entropic force" seems to be getting the same respect as String Theory. So it's not big thing, but it's still cool.
I had a similar experience with the magnetic field. I work in EM everyday, but for fun, I decided to go back to a Physics 101 textbook for light summer reading. It struck me: there's no such thing as a magnetic field. I mean, if you want to get philosophical, you could argue there's no such thing as any force-at-a-distance field, but whatever. The reason why the magnetic field equations are asymmetric and uncomfortably odd compared the the E field equations is because of history and the human need to make the magnetic field match the pattern of iron filings sprinkled over a magnet. There is only an electric field. The math simplfies greatly. I looked it up, and others have had similar ideas, but not the same. I'm working it up for publication right now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Made eggs in purgatory and homemade chocolate mousse last night. Soooo good.

Null

Null

I had a similar experience with the magnetic field. I work in EM everyday, but for fun, I decided to go back to a Physics 101 textbook for light summer reading. It struck me: there's no such thing as a magnetic field. I mean, if you want to get philosophical, you could argue there's no such thing as any force-at-a-distance field, but whatever. The reason why the magnetic field equations are asymmetric and uncomfortably odd compared the the E field equations is because of history and the human need to make the magnetic field match the pattern of iron filings sprinkled over a magnet. There is only an electric field. The math simplfies greatly. I looked it up, and others have had similar ideas, but not the same. I'm working it up for publication right now.
Well, that's just great, Fade. Now what will our starfighters use for defense?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Google allows for customizable backgrounds.

Being a wallpaper nerd, I feel like a kid on christmas.

edit:

mmmm

Calleja

Calleja

Holy shit, I think that just gave me a boner.

makare

but you guys, magnets are miracles havent you heard?

fuck yeah, pelican.

Calleja

Calleja

Magnets are miracles? Like bananas? :shocked:

Baerdog

Baerdog

Fuckin magnets HOW DO THEY WORK?

Hylian

Hylian

Google allows for customizable backgrounds.

Being a wallpaper nerd, I feel like a kid on christmas.

edit:

mmmm

How did I not hear about this sooner?! :aaahhh:

Calleja

Calleja

Stupid and convenient google toolbar depriving me from awesome personalized Google ¬¬

makare

I have internet at work. the time is going by so much faster. woot.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Null

Null

That's a lie, Allen.

Morphine

Morphine

My lil' brother is the best thing on earth.

He was just passing by, minding his own business, I closed my eyes tired, rested my head on his skinny self and just said "you do understand me, don't you?"
He stroke my hair gently and said: -"Only when you talk in your sleep"

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

[/QUOTE]

Fun Size

Fun Size

My copy of Monkey Island is supposed to come today! Of course it's only a minor victory because I still won't have time to play it, but I can hold it and dream of when I'm 45 and the kids are teenagers who don't want anything to do with me and I have time to play games at home again.

Null

Null

Dad's home from the hospital.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The copy of Silent Hill 3 I bought came with the soundtrack :D. Cooool.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*deep breath* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

^_^

Krisken

Krisken

One of those days CG?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

She has a man of skill.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Woke up smiling. You are correct, sir.

Krisken

Krisken

OOoohhhh!! Hehe, thos are good days!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Mmmmm, popsicle.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What flavor? I like lime. :)

Gusto

Gusto

I had a pink one earlier. It tasted like pink.

Krisken

Krisken

The Skull Tower is finished. Stop by the thread and let me know what you think :D

makare

I like lime too, lemon, blue raspberry, watermelon, etc the only flavor I don't like, in the specific pack I got anyway, is grape. The grape tastes weird.

Hmm now I want a Popsicle.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

After three weeks hiatus, it seems my D&D group is finally going to play this week! I'm excited for this new campaign, as its custom. We just finally finished the Keep on the Shadowfell, and one of the players who actually planned to continue playing the same character, had his character dragged into the Shadowfell by a giant tentacle. Normally, this is instant death, but in light of the relationship my character had with him, and the fact he was one of the few that was SUPPOSED to survive the campaign, our DM is writing up a new story for us. My character is essentially putting together a search party, and we may or may not be delving into the Shadowfell itself in search of everyone's favourite lying, stealing, backstabbing rogue. I can't wait!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

After three weeks hiatus, it seems my D&D group is finally going to play this week! I'm excited for this new campaign, as its custom. We just finally finished the Keep on the Shadowfell, and one of the players who actually planned to continue playing the same character, had his character dragged into the Shadowfell by a giant tentacle. Normally, this is instant death, but in light of the relationship my character had with him, and the fact he was one of the few that was SUPPOSED to survive the campaign, our DM is writing up a new story for us. My character is essentially putting together a search party, and we may or may not be delving into the Shadowfell itself in search of everyone's favourite lying, stealing, backstabbing rogue. I can't wait!
Ooh, character-focused and the Shadowfell. Sounds awesome :D.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

It was some store brand orange/berry swirl flavor. It was yummy in my tummy! :p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Cleaned out freezer, found quart of untouched rainbow sherbet. In light of my diet, is this win or not?

Calleja

Calleja

Depends on if it's old enough to taste like freezer or not

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It doesn't: preliminary taste-test of one spoonful determined that.

Calleja

Calleja

WIN!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Lucky bastard... my Changeling: The Lost group has been on hiatus for two weeks, and now when I can't come for two weeks due to scheduling conflicts, they are starting again :( And I had just the right plan in mind to kill the frickin' True Fae hunter that has forced the local freehold into their fortified sanctuary. It would have been so fricking glorious to walk to the King of Summer and say "Sir, I can get you one clean shot at that bastard. I need three of your best gunners. Now." But I guess they'll just go and be awesome without me. Sigh :( Texted the ST and told him to put my character on "medic duty" or something else. And if they survive the fight, he'll be just meditating and learning new ways to attune himself to the elemental night (i.e. getting the final dot in Contracts of Darkness).

Gusto

Gusto

I'm about to start a new DnD campaign wherein I play a Changeling criminal. I just wrote out my chart of false identities that I have falsified documents for, including their names, physical and personality descriptions, genders, races, blank fields left for their personal histories and contacts, and the Thievery check result I rolled in making their forged identification papers.

I am literally going into a campaign where I play as [currently] 6 people.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Currently only minor in nature, I'm going to be in Walt Disney World in 1 week. Will become Epic win in 1 week also.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm about to start a new DnD campaign wherein I play a Changeling criminal. I just wrote out my chart of false identities that I have falsified documents for, including their names, physical and personality descriptions, genders, races, blank fields left for their personal histories and contacts, and the Thievery check result I rolled in making their forged identification papers.

Awesome :D.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The campaign I'm in is the World of Darkness Changeling - literally people who were taken by the Fae and who have escaped their servitude as changed beings, no longer fully human but not fully fae in nature, either. But I guess there are similarities between our characters, Gusto. Jonah Boon - that's the fellow's name - is a Mirrorskin, a veritable doppelgänger who can adopt the appearances of others, but who has lost his own.

Hylian

Hylian

Me and my brother decided to make a sauce over the weekend. We gt a basic recipe online and made a bunch of changes (took out ingredients we didn't like, adding in new ingredients,etc) and I must say it turned out really good. My parents invited us over for a barbecue so we brought some of the sauce with us and by the end of the night half the bottle was gone. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Makin beets tonight and I'm very excited about it. :D

General Specific

General Specific

Got a batch of jerky from my friend. He makes it at home and sells it. Got the HOT flavor and it is very good (the batch might not make it home).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Picked up a bunch of fresh veggies from my parents this weekend, and some squash relish.

got to see a small town Rodeo over the weekend. It was hosted by one of my early heroes, he won nearly every national title during the '80's. I forgot how pretty the girls were in my old neck of the woods.... and how trashy.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I did not have to watch Xanadu today.

Baerdog

Baerdog

That is surely a victory worth celebrating.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Indeed. There was no particular risk of it, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be grateful.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I think watching the Nostalgia Critic review of it is the closest I'll ever come to watching Xanadu.

*knocks on wood*

Null

Null

The local Wegmans was selling Dry Sea Scallops for $9.99 a pound (usually 15.99 a lb) so we had scallops, salad of greens from out garden, and pasta for dinner last night.

Calleja

Calleja

I'd consider scallops an epic win!

Morphine

Morphine

Everything has been going wrong over the past few days, stress at work, ugly fights with the ex, tension at home, and my injury last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

But... there was one thing that did make me smile.

I won 2nd place in a photography contest. The theme was Conceptual Europe and the trick was to represent a european city without showing anything from the city. The picture I entered wasn't shot originally for the contest, I took the self-portrait a couple of months ago thinking precisely about this type of idea, I felt like being in Amsterdam, arranged some lights and shadows and there I was =)

The misery, however, haunts me still, I was supposed to pick up my prize check today and I can't even move. :eek:hwell:
Whatever, I'll go on monday :)

Null

Null

Damn, honey, you sure are getting a lot all at once to deal with. I hope you recover swiftly and that things get better. That's a very cool picture.

Krisken

Krisken

Internet was out for most of the day. I would twiddle my thumbs, walk around, look at the computer. Twiddle, walk, look. I am so tied to the internet I thought my brain would collapse in on itself.

Philosopher B.

Despite things whizzing over my head and despite harboring growing concerns about my ability to get an okay grade from this accelerated summer course, we had a successful run of our talk show project today. I was on camera one, and had to jump about when the cameras switched between sets. Amazingly, after all the buildup, the twenty-eight minutes whizzed by in no time at all. It felt quite nice to be done. Now for the test on Thursday, and that's it.

Also, I started reading a good book. :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I went to financial aid yesterday, and I'm supposed to be getting $500 bursary next month. Unfortunately it is mailed to me and I am in Beijing next month, but the lady said she'd try and get them to mail it out to me early. Might not work, but point is I didn't even ask her to do it, I just went in to get my loan and mentioned it in passing. She must be new, because generally the Financial Aid office has a policy against being nice, or even treating you like a human being. But that was awesome and I want to give her props even though she will have no idea I did so.

Also, D&D tonight, Awwww yeah!

Cajungal

Cajungal

This coffee tastes good.

Hylian

Hylian

There was a Farmers Market going on near my work today. So at lunch time I slid on over there and bought a half a flat of strawberries and I am now eating them while I do my work :)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

My A/C Unit was serviced today, feeling much more comfortable around here now.

Calleja

Calleja

"half a flat"?

You people have the weirdest systems of measurement, I swear to Adams.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

"half a flat"?
What the lol?? XD

Null

Null

Well, berries are often sold in small cartons that fit into a long, flat frame. That being the flat, half of one would be probably 2 cartons, each of which is probably give or take a quart.

Calleja

Calleja

So not only are they weird, they're not even precise?

Null

Null

Precise enough. You're not going to buy "350 grams" of strawberries, you're going to buy a container of them, as long as it's sufficiently full. The carton is roughly a pint or quart, and that's what you get charged for. Like, there used to be a local strawberry farm where you could go and pay to pick your own. At the end, they counted out the number of cartons, and that's what they used as a base for charging.

Calleja

Calleja

What do you mean I'm not going to buy 350 grams of strawberries? Of course I am! That's what we use down here for EVERYTHING. Unless it's liquid, then we use liters... ALWAYS no pints or quarts or gallons or weird arbitrary container "measurements". How you manage to learn them all is beyond me, especially taking into account the really weird ones like a "flat" or a "bushel" or whatever.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

There you go. Half of that is plenty precise enough for strawberries. Not like you're going to OD if you get too many ;)

Krisken

Krisken

Thus began the Strawberry Wars. It was sticky, messy, and yummy.

Wasabi Poptart

There you guy. Half of that is plenty precise enough for strawberries. Not like you're going to OD if you get too many ;)
Unless you're allergic to them and eat them anyway...like I do. :eww:

Gusto

Gusto

If I ate what I was allergic to a lot of pet owners and Mennonites would be very angry with me.

\:I

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

If I ate what I was allergic to a lot of pet owners and Mennonites would be very angry with me.

\:I
But you could move to Korea and you'd be one of the guys.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I think people use volume measurements for produce for convenience sake. I have no idea how many strawberries makes up a pound, or a kg.

But I can easily visualize a flat of strawberries, a pint of cherry tomatoes, a bushel of corn, or a quart of honey without having to know how much that stuff weighs at all.

Morphine

Morphine

I think people use volume measurements for produce for convenience sake. I have no idea how many strawberries makes up a pound, or a kg.

But I can easily visualize a flat of strawberries, a pint of cherry tomatoes, a bushel of corn, or a quart of honey without having to know how much that stuff weighs at all.

The exact opposite happens when you've lived with everything around you being weighed in grs. Kgs. and liters.
I have no idea how much is "a bushel of corn" but I have a pretty good idea of how many cherry tomatoes or strawberries make a Kg. and how much honey makes half a liter.

drifter

drifter

Aren't liters a measure of volume?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

liter is a unit of volume, not weight or mass. If I said "half a liter of cherry tomatoes" or "half a liter of strawberries", you'd have a good idea of how many I was talking about, without knowing the weight. The US only peripherally involves itself with metric measurements, but due to the fact that sodas come in 2 liter bottles, I know about how much a liter is I can easily and quickly visualize a half-liter of strawberries in a way that I can't with a statement like "8 ounces of strawberries". You could show me 8 ounces of strawberries, but that doesn't mean that I could use that knowledge to easily and quickly figure out how many kiwis make up 8 ounces. But I bet I could estimate a half-liter of kiwis pretty easily.

bushels, pints, etc, are simply other units of volume that you might not be familiar with. I can show you a picture of a bushel, and I'd bet that you could instantly mentally apply that picture to estimate how many strawberries, cherries, or squash might fight in it. You can't really do the same for, say, a kilogram or a pound. It's not as convenient as quick estimator.

It's easy to look at things and quickly estimate how much space they take up (volume). It's not as easy to look at things and know how much they weigh.

Morphine

Morphine

Yes, my mistake, liters are a unit of capacity, I know that, I was just referring to the fact that down here everything is weighed and measured only with grs. Kgs. and liters. not "pints" or "bushels" and of course not "ounces" or "pounds" because we don't use that system.
So because we've grown up like this we all know and have a good notion of what someone means when they say "it's about a kilo"

Calleja

Calleja

I can visualize 350 grams of strawberries just fine... it's just a matter of knowing how much an average strawberry weighs, which is not much at all. My brain has used kilograms and grams so much that it's not even a conscious process.

Rob King

Rob King

I got paid yesterday. I settled my (admittedly small) debts, and now $300 left over for two weeks. I have a horrible habit of spending money that I don't need to, so I have irreversibly shoved $100 in 20's down the neck of an empty vodka bottle. It will now be my piggy bank, so to speak. When I get paid next week for the extra hours I'm picking up the weekend, I will do something similar.

I will use this money to travel somewhere and teach English eventually. I have been looking at a volunteer program in Nepal ...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Is it just my dirty imagination, or does that phrase conjure up images of Sparhawk's airconditioner paying $100 to a prostitute?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is it just my dirty imagination, or does that phrase conjure up images of Sparhawk's airconditioner paying $100 to a prostitute?[/QUOTE]

AAHAHA I totally thought of that too. Awesome.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Is it just my dirty imagination, or does that phrase conjure up images of Sparhawk's airconditioner paying $100 to a prostitute?[/QUOTE]

AAHAHA I totally thought of that too. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Crap, now I can't get THAT image out of my head. Didn't even notice how I had typed that, was too busy enjoying the cool air.

Hylian

Hylian

AAHAHA I totally thought of that too. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I must admit I thought the same thing

fade

fade

I have to agree with Tinwhistler. Using volume (whether it's bushels or liters--it's not about SI vs. imperial) for something made up of irregular shapes and sizes just seems to make more sense.

Krisken

Krisken

On this day my wife and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary. I love her now even more than the day we got married.

Rob King

Rob King

Just shook the hand of the General (international leader) of the Salvation Army. That was pretty cool.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Manager at the hotel I just started work at was telling someone on the phone "The new guy (me) knows more after two days than those other kids knew after two months."

Looks like I'm gonna have a busy Fall. not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Wasabi Poptart

On this day my wife and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary. I love her now even more than the day we got married.
Happy Anniversary!

Krisken

Krisken

Happy Anniversary![/QUOTE]
Thank you! We just got done having some wine, eating port wine cheese and crackers, and watching Love Actually. It was a splendid anniversary! :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awwwww, congrats. :)

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Karate teachers daughter " Big news hey, not long, you nervous about it?"
me" WTF?"
Sensei " woops, forgot to tell you, your grading for 2nd dan in 10 months. Pick a new kata"

Time for hardcore srs bsns training mode!

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats Krisken :thumbsup:

Ross

Ross

After waiting 2 months for the weather conditions to be right, I finally got my deck stained. It was 90% ready back in April, when I spent 4 days taking off 5 years of unprotected weathering and damage, but then we hit a streak where it was either too humid or there was too high of a chance of rain for me to finish it. Now it's done and I can enjoy it :)

Morphine

Morphine

It's so much fun playing sudoku against the girl next to me (you know, the crazy one with her boyfriend's semen in a small container) because she's so passionate about winning, she cracks me up. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, I still laugh... at her n_n

Rob King

Rob King

A) I got off early today
B) I am seeing Toy Story 3 tonight with a bunch of friends
C) While my best friend is on his honeymoon, his wife's best friend and I have decided to do one epic thing a day until they come back. We call it "Project: More Awesome Than The Cayman Islands" It could use a better name.
D) I am not wearing pants. Freedom is glorious.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

E) "Don't Stop Believing" just came on in shuffle.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A) I got off early today
Bah! May a thousand Jehovah Witnesses descend upon your house for you leaving work early. :mad:

Cajungal

Cajungal

A) I got off early today
Bah! May a thousand Jehovah Witnesses descend upon your house for you leaving work early. :mad:[/QUOTE]

An old family friend always invites them in for cookies and lemonade after reminding them that he's Catholic.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A) I got off early today
Bah! May a thousand Jehovah Witnesses descend upon your house for you leaving work early. :mad:[/QUOTE]

An old family friend always invites them in for cookies and lemonade after reminding them that he's Catholic.[/QUOTE]

My parents let me answer the door when they came around. I'd always agree to pray with them, then do the sign of the cross...

and look back at them waiting for them to do the same.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Haha, cute.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I got offered to get off work early tonight by my sergeant, on account I have to go in at 0600 for a "special" tomorrow.... which has the potential to be epic in it's hilarity and satisfaction. I'll be doing that until Friday. This promises to be oodles of fun!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

A) I got off early today

An old family friend always invites them in for cookies and lemonade after reminding them that he's Catholic.[/QUOTE]

My parents let me answer the door when they came around. I'd always agree to pray with them, then do the sign of the cross...

and look back at them waiting for them to do the same.[/QUOTE]

If I wasn't so polite, I'd throw up the horns.

makare

Well, today as a day off is already going better than yesterday. I woke up to my favorite meal. The cream was bad so I had to run to the store and get different cream but still it was good. Hopefully our trip the beach will be nice too.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just got back from a date with the girlfriend. She had been anxious to see Sex in the City 2, so I sucked it up and went to see it with her. The film wasn't half-bad, like an extended episode or something, and we had fun talking and fooling around. Also, I gave her some smoked fish. No, that's not a euphemism for sex: her dad said he likes smoked lake herring from my home town, so I got them some when I visited home yesterday.

Also, celebrated one-monthiversary of the dating couple days ago. Great success.

Null

Null

Good going, Northie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Just got back from a date with the girlfriend. She had been anxious to see Sex in the City 2, so I sucked it up and went to see it with her. The film wasn't half-bad, like an extended episode or something, and we had fun talking and fooling around. Also, I gave her some smoked fish. No, that's not a euphemism for sex: her dad said he likes smoked lake herring from my home town, so I got them some when I visited home yesterday.

Also, celebrated one-monthiversary of the dating couple days ago. Great success.
Awww, way to courageously sit through the chick flick! And congrats on one month! :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Thanks, Null and Seej. We hope to have many more in the coming months ^^ I'm hopeful, since she actually seems to likes my quirky sense of humour.

Krisken

Krisken

I blogged. This is a big deal. 12 blog posts up, more to come.

Happy Anniversary!
Thank you! We just got done having some wine, eating port wine cheese and crackers, and watching Love Actually. It was a splendid anniversary! :)[/QUOTE]

A lil' late, but conga rats! I've been legally divorced for about a year now, so woo happy anniversary for me too. :p[/QUOTE]
I know you were ready for that to happen, so I say congrats to you too :D

Marriages and divorces- two things which should be opposites but can bring the same amount of pain and joy.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Sounds like it is going well NR. Great to hear!

Null

Null

Happy Anniversary!
Thank you! We just got done having some wine, eating port wine cheese and crackers, and watching Love Actually. It was a splendid anniversary! :)[/QUOTE]

A lil' late, but conga rats! I've been legally divorced for about a year now, so woo happy anniversary for me too. :p[/QUOTE]

Here's a joke my boss used to tell: "Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it!" (he's in the middle of his third divorce now...)

Gusto

Gusto

Happy Anniversary!

Here's a joke my boss used to tell: "Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it!" (he's in the middle of his third divorce now...)[/QUOTE]

I guess if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Gusto

Gusto

Liking your partner's sense of humor can be important in a relationship, in my opinion.
For people like me, it is absolutely vital.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Agreed. Gotta have the laughs. And not just the chuckles--the embarrassing belly laughs that lead to snorting.

General Specific

General Specific

Agreed. Gotta have the laughs. And not just the chuckles--the embarrassing belly laughs that lead to snorting.
And the video taping of those embarrassing snort-filled belly laughs to show at inappropriate moments such as wedding receptions and baby showers!

Why am I still single?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Liking your partner's sense of humor can be important in a relationship, in my opinion.
For people like me, it is absolutely vital.[/QUOTE]

In this, we have a common bond.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I asked a lady in my kung fu class out tonight. She said yes. :aaahhh:

Krisken

Krisken

Go Baer! Very cool :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Can she kick your ass?

Also: Woot![/QUOTE]
Yes, yes she can. However I'm getting better at holding my own against her.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:unibrow:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Can she kick your ass?

Yes, yes she can. However I'm getting better at holding my own against her.[/QUOTE]

Holding your own what against her? At least buy her dinner first.

Baerdog

Baerdog

She did feel really bad after that one time she hit me in the mouth though. In her defense, I'd left my guard wide open.

Can she kick your ass?

Yes, yes she can. However I'm getting better at holding my own against her.[/QUOTE]

Holding your own what against her? At least buy her dinner first.[/QUOTE]
Sparring during kung fu class.

Wasabi Poptart

I got off early ... tonight with...his wife's best friend ... I am not wearing pants.
Much better. :p

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

She did feel really bad after that one time she hit me in the mouth though. In her defense, I'd left my guard wide open.

Can she kick your ass?

Also: Woot!

Sparring during kung fu class.[/QUOTE]

Fine, don't play along.

Jerk.

Krisken

Krisken

Can she kick your ass?

Also: Woot!

Sparring during kung fu class.[/QUOTE]

Fine, don't play along.

Jerk.[/QUOTE]
I'll be your Huckleberry.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Y'know, that actually happened yesterday. Somehow our discussion had moved to horse-riding, and I said I had always been interested in it, and would have tried it were it not for the time and the money.
Me: It might have something to do with me being a romantic or something.
Her: Aah, the whole "wind in your hair" thing?
Me (with a completely straight face): Yeah, that. And the sunlight on my breastplate. And the army of stinking peasants right behind me.
Her (with a smile): Yeah, they must be pissed because of the forced march.
Me: I think it's more about them having to clap coconuts together all the time.

Okay, it's not that funny out of context, but she started laughing like hell. That's when I knew this'll work. :wub:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Heehee. Lookit you... you're all smitten. ;D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Guilty as charged, Seej. Guilty as charged.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm glad you're happy. :) It gives me something nice to read when I wake up at 4 in the goddamn morning for no reason.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Okay, it's not that funny out of context, but she started laughing like hell. That's when I knew this'll work. :wub:
That's really cool man, sound like you might just have a great start on your hands here.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That's really cool man, sound like you might just have a great start on your hands here.[/QUOTE]

Dude, if it's on his hands, then he's got some minor issues to work out, first.

Seriously tho, NR, congrats. If she can get a MPATHG reference, then mad bonus points to her.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I finally perfected my Peanutbutter Sauce for my Asian Meat dishes.Took me countless tries but finally I made it.It is delish!

Null

Null

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming: Whispering Wind - latest Whispering Wind, with a preview of one of the monsters I worked on.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Couldn't agree more, Charon. Now if I can only get her to join me in watching A-Team ;)

LittleSin

LittleSin

Got my new glasses..that look like my old glasses!

Gusto

Gusto

Yay!

Also, somewhat relevant:

Gusto

Gusto

I look alright in my glasses but I hate buying new ones, because it's always one pair in a hundred that looks even passable on me.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I admit disliking my glasses, but I keep them for two reasons:
1.) I dislike contact lenses even more, and
2.) I'm a bit afraid at the cost and long-term effects of laser eye surgery.

Wasabi Poptart

Love my glasses. Love my contacts. Would not ever in a million years go through with Lasik or laser vision correction because I can't stand the thought of surgery on my eye while I'm still awake and watching.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

We have learned today to not run from officers in my precinct. We have learned ESPECIALLY to not run towards where 6 officers are clearing up from a previous call. We have also learned that not every officer has a dog with them, even if they say they will release one on you. :awesome:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I know once I get medical insurance I'll have to get checked and likely get glasses. I'm not sure anything will look right. Aviators are the only shades that don't look retarded on me.

Calleja

Calleja

....I demand you erase that post and go post it in the EPIC WIN thread!

Rob King

Rob King

Yesterday some friends and I tried to build a castle out of jello cubes. It didn't go very well, so we resolved to have a jello fight today with the left overs. We did that today.

It was slimy, and then sticky, and altogether messy, and ended up with four of us piled into a very very small shower.

A good day.

Morphine

Morphine

Yesterday some friends and I tried to build a castle out of jello cubes. It didn't go very well, so we resolved to have a jello fight today with the left overs. We did that today.

It was slimy, and then sticky, and altogether messy, and ended up with four of us piled into a very very small shower.

A good day.
I CANNOT be the only one who read this and thought "FAAAAGS". I just CANNOT.

Null

Null

A good day.
I CANNOT be the only one who read this and thought "FAAAAGS". I just CANNOT.[/QUOTE]

Well, he didn't say what gender the friends were....

but no, you weren't. Granted, it was more "Gaaaaaay" rather than "FAAAAGS".

Element 117

This is the hardest I've laughed all day.

Morphine

Morphine

A good day.
I CANNOT be the only one who read this and thought "FAAAAGS". I just CANNOT.[/QUOTE]

but no, you weren't. Granted, it was more "Gaaaaaay" rather than "FAAAAGS".[/QUOTE]

See, I had a point. (suck on that, negative rep)

...and I'm drunk.

Rob King

Rob King

A good day.

but no, you weren't. Granted, it was more "Gaaaaaay" rather than "FAAAAGS".[/QUOTE]

The friends were female, although maybe I should have emphasized that aspect of the win.

Null

Null

Yes, yes you should have. High-five, by the way.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

This is the hardest I've laughed all day.
I had the same reaction, to tell you the truth... *grins*

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

A good day.

The friends were female, although maybe I should have emphasized that aspect of the win.[/QUOTE]

Intercontinental wonder-twin high-five!

Rob King

Rob King

Huzzah!

Morphine

Morphine

Well that changes EVERYTHING.
Well done n_n

Baerdog

Baerdog

Pooping on company time is definitely the third best part of any work day.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Short week, hopefully. Hopefully. And I got a nice apology from a friend.

General Specific

General Specific

A good day.

The friends were female, although maybe I should have emphasized that aspect of the win.[/QUOTE]

But now that just begs the question of why this isn't in the EPIC WIN thread?

Rob King

Rob King

I felt like it was a degree or two below epic win because most of the clothes stayed on. :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I felt like it was a degree or two below epic win because most of the clothes stayed on. :p
Goals, man. Goals.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It's all about baby steps. *grins*

LittleSin

LittleSin

This is the best chicken sandwich I ever made!

I tell ya guys, you should all get a george foreman grill.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is the best chicken sandwich I ever made!

I tell ya guys, you should all get a george foreman grill.
I have one. I love it. :) Great for tortillas.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I feel very proud right now. The friend I have been lending my Futurama seasons to because she had never really watched it before just posted on facebook:
"futuramaaaaaaaaaaaa ♥ what a convenient time to become an adoring fan :D"
along with:

I've turned her into a fan! YES! Another convert!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Muhuhahaha! I now have two dozen eggs!

Cajungal

Cajungal

SO MUCH BETTER THAN ONE DOZEN! OR EVEN A BAKER'S DOZEN!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You dare mock my score and four ovum! Tread lightly, lest you test my baking wrath!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I can out-bakewrath you any day, Goatsmith!

Jay

Jay

Made another Mexican upset today. Tonight, my steak will taste 33% better using "el lagrima des mexico"

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I have 30 eggs sitting in the fridge just BEGGING to be made into tea marbled eggs

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... Tea Marbled Eggs? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gusto

Gusto

Playing some basketball tonight, outside of a school.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have 30 eggs sitting in the fridge just BEGGING to be made into tea marbled eggs

30 eggs?!! That's over two dozen!!!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

.... Tea Marbled Eggs? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Eggs, boiled, and then the shell is cracked but left on. Boil again in soy, black tea, and star anise. remove shell, showing a marbled spider-web like pattern. yum

30 eggs?!! That's over two dozen!!!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Kroger was having a sale, buy cherizo, and get eggs and english muffins for free. We got 2 lbs of chorizo, and got 2 free dozen eggs. But we already had a dozen in the fridge for chorizo and eggs. So, now I gotta find things to do with the free ones.

General Specific

General Specific

I feel very proud right now. The friend I have been lending my Futurama seasons to because she had never really watched it before just posted on facebook:
"futuramaaaaaaaaaaaa ♥ what a convenient time to become an adoring fan :D"
along with:
*clip*

I've turned her into a fan! YES! Another convert!

You must use this quote on her:

Piotyr

Piotyr

I won an internet contest!

..which wins me an autographed poster from Legend of Neil (Tony Janning, Sandeep Parikh, Felicia Day).

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Playing some basketball tonight, outside of a school.
Watch out for guys up to no good. Might be a couple of them, possibly making trouble in your neighborhood. If you happen to get in a brawl, don't let your mother get frightened.

Calleja

Calleja

She'll ship you out to some awesome house where they'll buy you everything you want and enroll you in one of the best schools in the country. BEWARE!

Wasabi Poptart

The cab that comes to get you will look super neato, but the driver's gonna have wicked rank pits.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Bought a new TV tonight, a 42" Plasma, nice picture...

Calleja

Calleja

Dude, that's epic win!! I'm still stuck with an SDTV that still has FALSE WOOD on the sides ¬¬

Ross

Ross

I got the news that I'm moving up to a morning shift (3am-noon)! This is marginally better than my current 10pm-7am shift.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Medieval Market, third day in. I'm sore in places I didn't know I had, my voice is starting to crack, and I can't get the stench of smoke, sweat and wet cloth off of me.

It's great! There will be pictures within the next three days, assuming I survive the actors' ending party on Sunday.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Watching Germany-Argentina on my 42" plasma, it looks goooooooood.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Medieval Market, third day over. The back of my neck's been fried into a deep, deep shade of red. Also, I suddenly feel the urge to play the banjo and purchase multiple shotguns.

Purchased a nice, burgundy vase (vay-se? vaaz?) as a memento from the Market, managed to haggle the price down as part of the role.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I was getting frustrated at low frame rates in several games, so I decided to finally take the plunge and overclock my processor (which I'd planned to do since I bought it 2 years ago). I managed to take it from 2.53Ghz to 2.99Ghz, and surprisingly that made a huge difference, especially in Red Faction Guerrilla. I went from struggling with the driving sequences to having them mostly smooth. Hopefully the overclock will prove to be as stable as it seems. My temperatures are still under 50C, which is more than fine for a Core 2 Duo E7200.

I didn't feel like running a lot of benchmarks before and after, so I just did some runs with Batman: Arkham Asylum. At the settings I played through the game with, the benchmark minimum framerates (which I consider the most important) went from ~20 to the mid-40s, which is a pretty giant leap. My CPU is definitely the limiting factor at 1280x720 and 2xAA.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I don't know exactly what it is, but Daft Punk's Discovery always makes me feel at ease. There's a couple tracks I've never been terribly fond of (but I don't hate), however it's still one of my favorite albums. It might be because I listened to it so much back in high school, and it reminds me of the easier days back then, when my biggest worry was getting homework in on time and if I'd get caught staying up till 3am playing games and drawing. Or putting in the CD player in my old '65 Mustang (first car) and driving to and from school and band practice blasting it with no regard for the people around me / in the car. :awesome:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

That's still one of my favorite CD's in my collection as well. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for the "Tron:Legacy" soundtrack.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

That's still one of my favorite CD's in my collection as well. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for the "Tron:Legacy" soundtrack.
I love the clips I hear in the trailers. I agree.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

If we run from the police and get in a foot pursuit, saying that your neck and back hurt is NOT going to get you out of handcuffs. I'm just going to let you know that right now. Also, inventing medical conditions won't get you excused from a trip to the jail. And stacking imaginary conditions doesn't garner you sympathy when you're an asshole to all involved. Just a head's up.

phil

phil

And try to at least make up a good name! I mean, Cerebral palsy? Come on! That doesn't sound like anything.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

And try to at least make up a good name! I mean, Cerebral palsy? Come on! That doesn't sound like anything.
Not so much that, but he starting stringing 'em off in a litany, and it got larger every time a nurse or doctor asked him about it. Although, I will say that his knowledge of the medications he was allegedly taking was spot on, according to the nurses, so he may indeed have been that messed up.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Piping the EVE soundtrack on my MDT. I am alternately relaxed or energized, as appropriate

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Have to stream it through Grooveshark, because we can't connect any peripherals except for (maybe) a thumbdrive. Still... good stuffs.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Leaving for the girlfriend's family's summer cottage in the archipelago tomorrow. Me, her, her dad, and a mutual female friend. Barring any dad-caused bloodshed or drowning, we'll be back Thursday. Taking her out to see West Side Story in theatre ;)

Also, looking forward to seeing her in a swimsuit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You dog, you.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Woof?

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: You're so good at speaking English, I didn't think twice about posting that.

Gusto

Gusto

Three more days, bitches.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:,( THAT'S NOT FUNNY! :waah:

Gusto

Gusto

Well if that abacus is to scale, and each bead counts for 6 of my years, then it means I'll have 84 more to go.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^_^ yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Gusto

Gusto

Well if that abacus is to scale, and each bead counts for 6 of my years, then it means I'll have 84 more to go.
The beads go the other way.[/QUOTE]

Well if I get reaped in 24/14*4 years then I'm gonna haunt yer ass.

Gusto

Gusto

Well at least I'll make it to 30....

:(

ElJuski

ElJuski

Haha. Also, I forget that you're a few days older than I am.

>:I

BUT, on the minor victory thing...there's a party going on for me tomorrow night! AND ITS POKEMON THEMED

BOOM BITCHES

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

OhSHI-

Gusto

Gusto

ElJuski

ElJuski

I DONT SEE WHAT YOU POSTED

I...DONT SEE IT :(

Calleja

Calleja

I don't either.

Hylian

Hylian

re hosted the image for you so it will show

ElJuski

ElJuski

hrm.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

WHY DOES GUSTO HAVE A SAD

Gusto

Gusto

Ame is wishing a speedy death upon me.

Calleja

Calleja

Probably cause he doesn't get to go to your pokeparty dressed as jigglypuff

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Aw, man, I hate it when ninja posts totally undermine the joke

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry, Cally-Jim.

And I'm a Squirtle man myself.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

But Squirtle's such a little whore...

ElJuski

ElJuski

We're all Squirtle men.

Though I've been known to Metapod on occasion--if the girl is right.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Pfffh.... it's all about the Gyrados, baby!

Calleja

Calleja

I...uhh... snorlax.. girls.. in their...uhh.. parasects?

*looks helpless*

ElJuski

ElJuski

Blastoise. Hydropump. Withdraw. Doubleslap.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

This reminds me of the time that us boys coined "Triple Finish" as a Smash Bros. sex term.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

it's Super Effective.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Flat bottom taco shells!

Morphine

Morphine

I just finished the translation for manual I was doing.
It's for an x-ray unit designed in Israel for war, this is the first time this manual is being translated to spanish and I feel kinda proud of myself =)
First of all because they asked ME to do it (and I've only been here for 3 months) and second of all because I think I did a pretty good job. It got very complicated at times but I learned a lot and pulled through in time.

Morphine's happy n_n

Cajungal

Cajungal

Summer school's over tomorrow. It's been a long 5 weeks. I've been avoiding poor Leon.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

One of the guys at my precinct has started home-brewing beer. First attempt: pretty damned good, actually.

This promises to be an enjoyable Tuesday night routine. *grins*

Wasabi Poptart

Flat bottom taco shells!
Agreed! Stand up shells are so cool.

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's almost birthday/going away party superhero pokemon party fun time.

Gusto

Gusto

It's almost birthday/going away party superhero pokemon party fun time.
Pics, please.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Back from the girlfriend's family's summer cottage.

She wore a bikini :wub:

Gusto

Gusto

Awwwwww yissssssss

Cajungal

Cajungal

Heehee.

I'm done with my final project, which means ONE MORE SEMESTER left. And it's not going to be spent with my ass in a seat listening to theory after theory and skill after skill. Huzzahs are in order! :) Also, thanks for the title change. Gave me a much-needed laugh when I was finalizing my Language Arts Unit at 3 in the morning. ^_^

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Heehee.

I'm done with my final project, which means ONE MORE SEMESTER left. And it's not going to be spent with my ass in a seat listening to theory after theory and skill after skill. Huzzahs are in order! :) Also, thanks for the title change. Gave me a much-needed laugh when I was finalizing my Language Arts Unit at 3 in the morning. ^_^
You're welcome. :eyebrows:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Huzzah for Leslie! :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you, thank you... and thank YOU, Sir Copper. :p

More good news. My dear, sweet, very old professor glanced through my final project while I was present (I'm always the last to leave class... I love listening to his war stories...) smiled really big, and said, "you did good." So, A there. ^_^ He's so sweet. Man, I wish he was my grandpa.

Wahad

Wahad

Laptop: fixed

Mood:

EXCELLENT!

LittleSin

LittleSin

The commissions are finally finished! THANK. GOD.

Bubble181

Bubble181

WHoo!

Ok, party in Turku and everyon's invited! We'll celebrate Rangeresse's bikini-cladness, Wildsins liberty of commissions, Wahad's working laptop, and seej's slipperiness when wet...I mean, having finished her project.

Given a couple of toasts for each of those, I'm betting "blind drunk" will be the average setting of all those present. :-D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just remember to feed the sofabed before getting on it. It can get a little cranky when hungry.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Just remember to feed the sofabed before getting on it. It can get a little cranky when hungry.
Interestingly enough, why cats were invented :awesome:

General Specific

General Specific

I'm off all next week and my week is capped off by my 30th birthday. I just have to get through the last 3 & 1/2 hours at work here.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You can do it!

It's just 3,5 hours! Like, 210 minutes! Or... um... 12,600 seconds...

Yeahhh... you're screwed.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Stick with it, mon ami!

Also, minor win: My sergeant approved me for a half-day off, possibly a full day tomorrow. I MIGHT actually get my worklist completed before the baby gets here! *grins*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

My victory: Going to New York tomorrow for a fun five days with friends.

Your victory: I won't be here!

Calleja

Calleja

YAAAYYYY!!!

Krisken

Krisken

Not really my victory, but more my wife's. We are getting the power in the house and a kiln. She will be creating pottery at a much faster rate and will have stuff on her website soon to sell. As a huge fan of her work, I am very excited. I can't wait to see what she creates!

Plus, it's much better than trying to move the clay 30 minutes from our home to the kiln which has malfunctioned so many times it has possibly destroyed half her work (never mind the decanter she created where the handle was knocked off in transit not once, but twice). Go us!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Woot! This is good news!

Krisken

Krisken

Woot! This is good news!
I agree! We're even getting a filter system so we don't have to worry about carcinogens :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

That's good. I don't think that cancer flavored Kriskens would be very popular in the focus groups.

Krisken

Krisken

That's good. I don't think that cancer flavored Kriskens would be very popular in the focus groups.
I agree. Not sure how long that stuff would have lingered in the garage. (plus, the house needs a mud-jacking, which means the house tends to be super uneven and cracks appear due to being in a swamp).

makare

My mom and I were at walmart today when we ran into this chick I know. She asked when I was working next because I am the nicest person out there.

Now that, as even those of you who only know me from the forum are aware, is frickin hilarious. That was two hours ago and I think my mom is STILL laughing. The thought that I could be the nicest person anywhere.... yeah even Im laughing.

But im counting it as a win.