Minor victory thread

For me, it was Return of the Jedi mixed with Onward. Or E.T. mixed with Onward if you count drive-ins first.

Some of my favourite mash-ups I've heard:
-Popeye & Blade Runner 2049. So basically a cyberpunk Popeye. I've been lightly brainstorming ideas about this since hearing it.
-Young Frankenstein & Ip Man 4. So, basically a comedy kung fu Frankenstein movie? Maybe by Steven Chow? Fuck yes.
-Honey I Shrunk the Kids & Birds of Prey.
-Bambi & Midsommar, which sounds so very, very wrong.

I want to say the first movie I ever saw in theaters was An American Tail
The last movie I saw was Knives Out, but since this is about in theaters, that title now goes to Rise of Skywalker.

Soooo, it's basically Rise of Skywalker, but Rey is a mouse.

I think my first theater film was Star Wars, but that doesn’t feel right. However, I don’t remember seeing any films before that.
The most recent film I think I’ve seen was Detective Pikachu.

So either way, a coming-of-age story where a drifting son tries to unravel the mystery of what happened to his father while other, more powerful forces work their machinations behind the scenes. Also, lots and lots of tiny, colorful aliens.
There's also the possibility that my first theater film was the original Rocky, in which case it's about a nobody Pokémon who gets a shot at going up against the world champion if only his trainer can get his life together in time.

--Patrick

If you don't count drive-ins, my first theater movie was Hugo the Hippo. A movie I've heard literally nothing about since. But it did have music from some of the Osmond family ;)

Amazon had a copy. I had to buy it. Nostalgia's a monster.

It does fit in with Aquaman a bit better though ;)

If you don't count drive-ins, my first theater movie was Hugo the Hippo. A movie I've heard literally nothing about since. But it did have music from some of the Osmond family ;)

Amazon had a copy. I had to buy it. Nostalgia's a monster.

It does fit in with Aquaman a bit better though ;)
TA-DA!
20200721_225013.jpg
I've read it many times since I was very young, but I've never actually been able to watch the movie.

There's also the possibility that my first theater film was the original Rocky, in which case it's about a nobody Pokémon who gets a shot at going up against the world champion if only his trainer can get his life together in time.

--Patrick
That movie sounds awesome!

Birds of Prey: For the Fantabulous Love of Benji

Which actually works, since they are both ’bad guys chasing after something valuable’.

National Lampoon's Onward Vacation.

What. The. Hell.

(Yes, my mother took 3-yr-old me to see NLV with her and her sister. She couldn't find a sitter.)
Wait, I thought about my answer some more last night, I think I want this now:

Two son regret they never got to spend one last vacation with their late father, so they find a magical spell that can temporarily bring half their dad back. Family plies into the "Family Roadster" painted van for one last roadtrip to Wally World. Hilarity ensues.

Special guest cameo by Christie Brinkley. Rated PG-13

Dave

Staff member
Last theater movie I saw was “Knives Out”, I think. So no matter what I mix it with it’ll be fun.

And no, I have no clue what my first theater movie was.

I'm not sure whether The Big Bang: Knives Out, suggesting the beginning of time was a movie, makes sense.
On the other hand, The Kelly Gang : Knives Out definitely works as far as a movie title goes, but Dave wouldn't have forgotten that one yet - it's like five minutes ago to me, relatively speaking.

Finally got a new Job. About time, since I am almost broke. Good pay, 28 days of paid vacation and the working hours are good too. Am quite stoked.